Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Right thanks for the infos, I think 400 sleeves should be able to cover most of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
Scenario 120: with the special card mechanic, how do you handle losing cards from damage? I took a bunch of hits on 1hp straight after opening the door with an empty discard pile and all my cards in the set aside deck, we decided to draw a random card from the special deck to lose because it seemed extremely dumb that I'd just exhaust immediately.

Geminate really hated the mission too.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

xiw posted:

Scenario 120: with the special card mechanic, how do you handle losing cards from damage? I took a bunch of hits on 1hp straight after opening the door with an empty discard pile and all my cards in the set aside deck, we decided to draw a random card from the special deck to lose because it seemed extremely dumb that I'd just exhaust immediately.

Geminate really hated the mission too.

My honest advice would be not to open that door under those circumstances ;)

I played that one with Fist.

Geminate should be a star, there.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
I guess the Q is whether you always have zero cards in hand? I opened the door with a full hand and then got shot multiple times, generally having a full hand is safe but here you instantly lose them all.

Geminate:

If the geminate draws 3 cards of the wrong form, they are forced to rest right? Ours wasted several turns that way.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

xiw posted:

I guess the Q is whether you always have zero cards in hand? I opened the door with a full hand and then got shot multiple times, generally having a full hand is safe but here you instantly lose them all.

Geminate:

If the geminate draws 3 cards of the wrong form, they are forced to rest right? Ours wasted several turns that way.

Oh that one. Sorry I got it confused with Paul's other scenario.

I'd strongly recommend splitting geminate's deck in two.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Our snowflake is doing his first scenario today and I'm doing my last as Drifter. Should we do the boss in scenario 21 or start a new chain? If I start up Trap next time, how would Trap, Snow, Banner, and Geminate do against a boss? Could be a good gold/item boost, but I wonder how Trap is against bosses. Snow as well.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Trap is good against bosses, provided that they can be moved. You have to use a specific build to make it work against bosses that can't, and pray you don't draw a crit miss

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

sirtommygunn posted:

Trap is good against bosses, provided that they can be moved. You have to use a specific build to make it work against bosses that can't, and pray you don't draw a crit miss

I'd say spyglass is mandatory if you're going for that strat but who doesn't enjoy some good old russian roulette

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
We just retired our second character in our 2P game and we got to do another double retirement. We got Envelope 44 so we unlocked the Enhancer, which is good and cool but I had a doubt about the PQ itself since we were supposed to unlock a Scenario and follow it to its conclusion...do we still unlock the Scenario? Are we missing something if we go straight to the retirement? Are the skipped scenarios fun/interesting?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Yeah just unlock the scenario, they're worth doing but not must see content either.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

That Italian Guy posted:

We just retired our second character in our 2P game and we got to do another double retirement. We got Envelope 44 so we unlocked the Enhancer, which is good and cool but I had a doubt about the PQ itself since we were supposed to unlock a Scenario and follow it to its conclusion...do we still unlock the Scenario? Are we missing something if we go straight to the retirement? Are the skipped scenarios fun/interesting?
Ah that one! Aesther Outpost.

The scenarios are Marcel-designed, and there's four. 65 is imo excellent, but the rest are uneven.

You technically do not unlock them but tbh, there's zero downside in house ruling it to unlock anyways. Just ignore the bit at the end about retiring.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

dwarf74 posted:

The scenarios are Marcel-designed, and there's four. 65 is imo excellent, but the rest are uneven.
Feels like we somehow dodged a bullet there :v:

Thanks for the hint, we may try that one scenario if it's fun!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

When filling in prosperity boxes do I count the one with the number in it or does filling in the last small one next to it complete the track and give us that prosperity

e: nevermind this is in the rules, you do check the numbers

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

IcePhoenix posted:

When filling in prosperity boxes do I count the one with the number in it or does filling in the last small one next to it complete the track and give us that prosperity

e: nevermind this is in the rules, you do check the numbers
It is also.... in the FAQ. :D

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

dwarf74 posted:

It is also.... in the FAQ. :D

it's faster for me to ask a question in here and hope someone answers it while we're doing setup than to find and search through the FAQ on mobile lol

DarthRoblox
Nov 25, 2007
*rolls ankle* *gains 15lbs* *apologizes to TFLC* *rolls ankle*...
Any tips for 13? My boneshaper is feeling, uh, a little useless!

We (4p - boneshaper, deathwalker, blinkblade, drifter) tried twice and failed pretty hard both times. I was paired with the drifter and I think we were way too passive in trying to get set up and took a lot of damage early. My best idea at this point is to basically ignore summons in the first room and just try and buff up the drifter to take out the first room asap - I think we can dump out some good damage with the drifter's melee passive and me strengthening + using my grant 5 attack burn. That should hopefully deal with the first room quickly, though then it's right into innate shield 2 mostly ranged enemies where I'm still not super useful....

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
13 will be very hard for Boney in a 2p team but okay in 3+

Shrike Fiends are like "gently caress summons in particular" so I'd consider the persistent that will protect them from a few sources of damage, then just burn them down as fast as possible.

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
Scenario 19 (Skyhall) isn't great, in our opinion. We won, barely, but it was a slog. Everyone felt that 9 rounds before the objective is revealed is too long, especially with the room full of elites by then.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Frosthaven TTS Enhanced is coming way sooner than expected!

https://www.reddit.com/r/Gloomhaven...nt=share_button

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
That is amazingly good news.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
Finally getting into a groove of team trap/coral. Trapper made an 11 damage trap and yeeted it into an elite steel automaton and saved my rear end from a pierce 3 attack and God drat what a power move that is. She doesn't so much as lay traps as just build bombs to throw and by God it works.

Question on ruling for a +target modifier card. I used an attack 2, 2 targets with 2 valid targets. Pulled a +0 for the first target and a +0/+1 target for the second. Do I get to deal another 2 damage to the first target or do i need a third target because it was an attack 2?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

dwarf74 posted:

Warden posted:

That is amazingly good news.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Question on ruling for a +target modifier card. I used an attack 2, 2 targets with 2 valid targets. Pulled a +0 for the first target and a +0/+1 target for the second. Do I get to deal another 2 damage to the first target or do i need a third target because it was an attack 2?

You'd need a third. It's still all the same attack ability.

anchorite
Sep 22, 2009

dwarf74 posted:

This is great! The timeline is getting Alpha testers 'in the coming months' so not super soon, but soon enough that it should be ready for when my TTS group is done with Crimson Scales.

For content: is there a good resource for guides for the Crimson Scales classes? I played the Crescent Sun class first and never really figured out how to be effective with it. I had an easy retirement goal that I rushed and am now playing the Ladder Axe focusing on ending my turn on my ladder for the ranged attacks, buff bonus effects, and heals. I prefer simple classes which is why I never really gelled with the Crescent Sun, but I'd be interested in reading other's opinions on how to make it work.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

dwarf74 posted:

You'd need a third. It's still all the same attack ability.

Okay so you would then pull a new modifier card for the attack? So theoretically I could be surrounded use my biggest single target attack and luck into hitting 3 or more enemies by pulling +1 target modifiers consecutively?

I mean it will never happen because my luck is catastrophically bad. 3 -1s in my deck and I pulled all 3, then a null, reshuffle, and pulled null immediately. I haven't crit in like 6 scenarios.

The good news is I'm also pulling the monster cards and infusing that luck there. 4 nulls to 1 crit last scenario for the bad guys.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Okay so you would then pull a new modifier card for the attack? So theoretically I could be surrounded use my biggest single target attack and luck into hitting 3 or more enemies by pulling +1 target modifiers consecutively?

I mean it will never happen because my luck is catastrophically bad. 3 -1s in my deck and I pulled all 3, then a null, reshuffle, and pulled null immediately. I haven't crit in like 6 scenarios.

The good news is I'm also pulling the monster cards and infusing that luck there. 4 nulls to 1 crit last scenario for the bad guys.

Yes, if you have say a single target attack and draw a + target mod, you apply the +0 damage to the current target then select a target and draw a new modifier, which can also be another + target if you have another one in your deck.

It's obviously got a lot of burst potential but it's not the craziest thing that can happen when there's stuff like brittle and rolling modifiers and crits and other fun stuff.

Cliff
Nov 12, 2008

Am I reading the special rules for Scenario 15 correctly, that only one character can move to the section with the Chaos Lieutenant?

Flavor-wise, I get the impression that it's supposed to resemble kind of an open spiral staircase, is that right?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Cliff posted:

Am I reading the special rules for Scenario 15 correctly, that only one character can move to the section with the Chaos Lieutenant?

Flavor-wise, I get the impression that it's supposed to resemble kind of an open spiral staircase, is that right?

more like a catwalk above the main floor but yes

I don't think it's an especially well designed scenario, because by RAW I'm pretty sure the turrets would always target the person in that area first while they're effectively trying to solo a boss so we just sort of...handwaved that part away.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 22:25 on May 3, 2023

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Scenario 15 will be over in as many minutes as it takes to set up.

I got a lot of poo poo in the faq about it but imo it's not worth the angst about it ;)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

dwarf74 posted:

Scenario 15 will be over in as many minutes as it takes to set up.

this is only supporting my initial point lol

also if you're gonna keep mentioning the faq maybe you should link it since it isn't in the OP that hasn't been updated since 2020

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

IcePhoenix posted:

this is only supporting my initial point lol

also if you're gonna keep mentioning the faq maybe you should link it since it isn't in the OP that hasn't been updated since 2020
Yeah, I figure everyone has access to Google on their devices. Or at least, like, Bing or something. AskJeeves? AltaVista? ;)

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/3001013/official-faq-frosthaven-no-rules-questions-please

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Scenario 15 was definitely one of the biggest "that's it?" parts of our campaign so far.

We've unlocked all classes and we're mostly mopping up all those side scenarios we ignored before we go for the final parts of the main quest. Since we ran out of personal quests and what I play doesn't matter, I decided to go back to my true love: Trap :allears:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

dwarf74 posted:

Yeah, I figure everyone has access to Google on their devices. Or at least, like, Bing or something. AskJeeves? AltaVista? ;)

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/3001013/official-faq-frosthaven-no-rules-questions-please

I'm not a mind reader, googling frosthaven faq gives multiple results and given the way you post it could be just as likely that you mean the reddit faq

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm not a mind reader, googling frosthaven faq gives multiple results and given the way you post it could be just as likely that you mean the reddit faq
It's the top result, and the reddit one is just a link to the bgg one. :shrug:

keep it down up there!
Jun 22, 2006

How's it goin' eh?

My party just finished Scenario 14 and we unlocked Coral and Kelp. The group agreed on Kelp but I was excited for Coral as Ive seen some spoilers and it looks awesome.

Can anyone give a rough idea on how long till we'll have a chance at the other class? Is it further down that same path?
Im mostly curious as my personal quest is nearing completion, though Im sure any class will be fun.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

keep it down up there! posted:

My party just finished Scenario 14 and we unlocked Coral and Kelp. The group agreed on Kelp but I was excited for Coral as Ive seen some spoilers and it looks awesome.

Can anyone give a rough idea on how long till we'll have a chance at the other class? Is it further down that same path?
Im mostly curious as my personal quest is nearing completion, though Im sure any class will be fun.
Curious as well, as we went for Coral but Kelp has been voted as the most (second to most?) fun class to play on BGG, according to the latest Rage Badger Gaming video.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Coral / Kelp unlocking
Sorry friends, it'll be late campaign before you get the other. Probably one of the last ones.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

You're being super weirdly antagonistic to someone who spends a ton of time posting helpful stuff in this thread. dwarf isn't the OP so can't update the first post and has posted the FAQ before a few times

sorry you had trouble with a scenario tho!

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Spoilers for building 90 I've seen two mentions of challenges giving experience now, but I can't find anything about it in the rules. am I stupid/blind?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

QuasiQuack posted:

Spoilers for building 90 I've seen two mentions of challenges giving experience now, but I can't find anything about it in the rules. am I stupid/blind?
Rules stickers iirc.

The right ones per the errata, not the wrong ones, lol

The one that goes on page 48