Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Blues are at the top now yeah. It's the CHUD Brigade at the forefront of any remotely popular news item.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Lobok posted:

Blues are at the top now yeah. It's the CHUD Brigade at the forefront of any remotely popular news item.

It does make it super easy to mass block.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Captain Monkey posted:

It does make it super easy to mass block.

Either mass block or do a big spin of your scroll wheel like you're on Price is Right whenever you click on a big tweet.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

I love when I click through on a controversial tweet with a lot of bluecheck replies. It feels like I'm a miner who just found a rich vein, except for blocking

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

You can also solve a lot of the blue tick problem by using the age old internet advice

never read the comments

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Inceltown posted:

You can also solve a lot of the blue tick problem by using the age old internet advice

never read the comments

Isn't that kind of this site's whole deal? We just have grenades instead of checks.

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

Did Seth Green ever try to make that NFT show after he got his ape back?

Also, why are we talking about NFTs again? Did something new happen?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

grittyreboot posted:

Also, why are we talking about NFTs again? Did something new happen?

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/rarecandyio/status/1521548615579226114

Happy anniversary to the tweet that killed NFTs

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Is there anything more fungible than internet pictures?

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Tree Bucket posted:

Is there anything more fungible than internet pictures?

Electrons

freeedr
Feb 21, 2005

Your mother seems to be communal property

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Electron*

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

freeedr posted:

Your mother seems to be communal property

how many slurp juices can be used on her

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Silly Burrito posted:

how many slurp juices can be used on her

Buddy,

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/imranzomg/status/1653817316843601921

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
Thread.

https://twitter.com/AnjaliEnjeti/status/1653813099932135449

Continuation:

https://twitter.com/AnjaliEnjeti/status/1653841910086217729

SimonChris has a new favorite as of 15:32 on May 4, 2023

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
https://twitter.com/GraellsiaMoon/status/1654155743640141827?s=20

Dick Trauma has a new favorite as of 17:44 on May 4, 2023

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I don’t have Twitter any more and starting today any time I click on a tweet I see

Happening to anyone else?

Started working again. Guess just random Twitter nonsense as expected

Ambitious Spider has a new favorite as of 17:04 on May 4, 2023

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Looks like you gotta sign up now. Free ride is over, time to get on the psychic damage express train with the rest of us.

https://twitter.com/kendrawcandraw/status/1498023144325582850

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Dareon posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

This post would have been a PM, but apparently when I got banned a little while back I lost plat and didn't notice, so. Saddest Rhino, whoever reported me if anyone, good looking out. I had some unexamined animosity towards homeless people cluttering my psyche that I needed to discard. Every day I'm trying to become a better person, so thank you for giving me a push in the right direction.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/thatsgoodweb/status/1455910851706241033

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Ziv Zulander posted:

That’s literally what happened with Disney and that boba fett show. The whole reason it existed is because of a dispute over somebody working on the mandalorian, and the parts with the fully cgi animated and ai voiced Luke was to prove they didn’t even need to hire the big name actors anymore. It looked and sounded awful and everybody complained, but hell, give it a decade

Calling a bit of BS here as they already did Rogue One and created Tarkin from scratch. Mandalorian is a natural progression of that AND Tron Legacy with Clu and Jeff Bridges.

And THAT is after the entire cast of Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. (A different company, but still a demonstration of tech)

De-aging and replacing actors with CGI is not a new thing.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1654203023453716481?s=20

quote:

NEW YORK—In a viral video that has put heightened pressure on local authorities, a vigilante reportedly killed Eric Adams Thursday after he acted erratically as mayor of New York. “While I didn’t want to do it, [Adams] was ranting and raving incoherently, making me fear for my safety and the safety of everyone around me,” said the unnamed vigilante, who claimed he felt threatened when the visibly unhinged mayor took the microphone at a press conference and began screaming about gutting the city’s social services, an act that left him with no choice but to put Adams in a choke hold for over 15 minutes. “He was acting all crazy up there on the podium, and I just had this gut feeling that if he didn’t hurt me, he was going to hurt someone else. It’s lucky I was there; otherwise, who knows what he, as a high level official, could have done. We can’t have mayors like that loose on the streets of New York.” At press time, the City of New York had released a short statement indicating that while any loss of life was tragic, there were clearly serious mental health issues at play in the incident.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?

Don't bees swarm like this when the queen is relocating or something? Like hypothetically at the center of that mass is a queen and if you take her out and move her the mass will follow.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Talorat posted:

Don't bees swarm like this when the queen is relocating or something? Like hypothetically at the center of that mass is a queen and if you take her out and move her the mass will follow.

Yep. That's why they wanted a beekeeper, who routinely relocates swarms. Unfortunately, as mentioned in the second thread, beekeepers aren't allowed to touch the plane.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

I choose to imagine that the printer literally put “(in Disney font)” on the shirt.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Talorat posted:

Yeah but they were trying to relocate to Atlanta

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Platystemon posted:

I choose to imagine that the printer literally put “(in Disney font)” on the shirt.

That's the only way disney would let them in the park

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Platystemon posted:

Makes me think of cake decorating disasters.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Arsenic Lupin posted:

Yep. That's why they wanted a beekeeper, who routinely relocates swarms. Unfortunately, as mentioned in the second thread, beekeepers aren't allowed to touch the plane.

It's pretty funny that they have a specific rule that says beekeepers aren't allowed to touch planes. What happened in the past to make them put that rule in place?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Inceltown posted:

It's pretty funny that they have a specific rule that says beekeepers aren't allowed to touch planes. What happened in the past to make them put that rule in place?

Beekeepers aren't allowed to touch planes because it's feared they'll buzz the tower.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Is that what they mean by "hangar queens"?

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
planes are too smooth for beekeepers to touch

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Lobok posted:

Beekeepers aren't allowed to touch planes because it's feared they'll buzz the tower.

:perfect: Freakin' bravo, dude.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

Lobok posted:

bzzz_this_man.gif

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Seaniqua posted:

they just slide right off, like magic

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Seaniqua posted:

Just need a beekeeper that's also an experienced shark diver.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

https://twitter.com/RealTimeWWII/status/1654233153970622469?s=20

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_Crown_of_the_Holy_Roman_Empire

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/threateningcake/status/1654204399122780160?t=sNiRQqfolRFDi9KhW1CvDA&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Inceltown posted:

I just assumed that anyone who isn't a member of the flight crew or airport staff isn't permitted to touch airplane stuff