Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
drat, definitely don't worry too much about stuffing 5x copies of a gun in the vault to get the pattern

You can only unlock Redframe Mode a total of 4x per season, assuming you purchase the season track

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

the seasonal armor looking like evil mermaids kicks rear end insanely

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

the seasonal armor looking like evil mermaids kicks rear end insanely

Just realized on that image Sloane is half Taken.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

drat, definitely don't worry too much about stuffing 5x copies of a gun in the vault to get the pattern

You can only unlock Redframe Mode a total of 4x per season, assuming you purchase the season track

6x, 3 for free and 3 for paid

Also because it's Bungie there are a bunch of other weird little rules:

-You can only claim them from the season pass 1 at a time for some reason

-Raid weapons cost 15 spoils in addition to the basic macguffin

-You can't do it to raid weapons you bought from the end-of-raid chest at all, so you still need to avoid getting hosed on random drops

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Just realized on that image Sloane is half Taken.

I'm more curious what happened to the Golden Age armor, that's just her standard uniform

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

Core playlist pinnacles giving out focusable exotic engrams next season is a real nice change, though it's still funny to me that focusing a specific exotic will cost a cipher and three golfballs. Someone on the economy side of the team is just terrified of people actually getting things they want in a reasonable time.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

there’s an existing way to get raid red-bars without the rigamarole though

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

there’s an existing way to get raid red-bars without the rigamarole though

Yeah, one per session. This stops you from getting more than one of the same gun per session, unless the one you want happened to drop

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."

haveblue posted:

I'm more curious what happened to the Golden Age armor, that's just her standard uniform

I’m most curious about the giant eye behind the guardians. Sloan never made sense as the enemy of the witness on Titan that the post campaign mission teased. Might finally get to see a Leviathan. The collector’s edition lore stated that the Cabal believe there are Worms in every gas giant planet. Maybe there are Leviathans as well.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
Shocked that F2P get 3 whole deepsight activators. I wonder what the inventory cap will be.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

life_source posted:

Shocked that F2P get 3 whole deepsight activators. I wonder what the inventory cap will be.

It’s one, pre the TWAB

Spend them if you got them

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

sunday at work posted:

I’m most curious about the giant eye behind the guardians. Sloan never made sense as the enemy of the witness on Titan that the post campaign mission teased. Might finally get to see a Leviathan. The collector’s edition lore stated that the Cabal believe there are Worms in every gas giant planet. Maybe there are Leviathans as well.

yeah there’s been a giant thing in the methane oceans of Titan since vanilla back in 2017. I think the last (only?) bit of dialogue directly about it was in Arrivals when Drifter asked Eris what it was, but you could sometimes see it down there although I never personally did

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
If Sloan is not re-introduced covered head-to-toe in Hive guts I will be slightly upset :colbert:.

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of

SgtSteel91 posted:

It’s one, pre the TWAB

Spend them if you got them

lmao crap

I guess if they are in the pass you can just bank them in there and use the various tricks to pull them later as you need.

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

ohhyeah posted:

I have 800 silver sitting around from buying seasons over the years and I think I’ll finally spend it on The Chair.

There is nothing better than slamming a chair into an enemy against a wall and watching them bounce off.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hamelekim posted:

There is nothing better than slamming a chair into an enemy against a wall and watching them bounce off.

:hmmyes:

Necrobama
Aug 4, 2006

by the sex ghost
the problem with the chair finisher is that i have to justify spending money on cosmetics in a dumb video game to my wife, while we're trying to pay down debt and save for a down payment on a home

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Necrobama posted:

the problem with the chair finisher is that i have to justify spending money on cosmetics in a dumb video game to my wife, while we're trying to pay down debt and save for a down payment on a home

if spending a few bucks to buy a goofy thing that will make you happy, you should do it imo

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Necrobama posted:

"Well we could have put a down payment on a home, but Necrobama spent :10bux: on an emote in a video game, so now we have to rent forever."

Forward_Bee
May 31, 2011

I have no idea.
For you Flawless gamers out there, any initial thoughts on the gilding changes?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Forward_Bee posted:

For you Flawless gamers out there, any initial thoughts on the gilding changes?

The numbers guy is setting things way too high again. They will tone it down to half the numbers. Otherwise, it's fine.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
You can only buy silver in multiples of $5 or $10 also so the price increase from 1000 to 1200 for a season is really from $10 to $15.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I wonder if this lends any credibility to the rumor of The Final Shape Deluxe being $80 but only having two seasons?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Kith posted:

if spending a few bucks to buy a goofy thing that will make you happy, you should do it imo

Knocking people into orbit is amazing and I hope they never change it.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Mesadoram posted:

Knocking people into orbit is amazing and I hope they never change it.

Same. Very satisfying to launch an Overload to orbit.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Panderfringe posted:

I'd probably ask why you're using an arc subclass when void or stand exists, but fair enough I suppose.

From last page but this is the dumbest take lol

TWAB looks interesting, keen as beans for next season.

Edit: also the 3 free deepsight juicers and 3 paid seem very low, but they also specifically mentioned this is for the initial rollout. Much like a lot of recent systems in the game they're introducing limited amounts to see if it fucks up everything (both game and economy) before doing anything bigger. This doesn't surprise me in the slightest and makes sense. If nothing changes then sure, go riot, but for an initial rollout of what is a new resource that could gently caress up some stuff for the devs it isn't really that bad.

syntaxfunction fucked around with this message at 00:16 on May 5, 2023

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Pull a cipher from season track

Pull weapon from vault

Apply currencies to activate deepsight

Harvest the deepsight

Dismantle the weapon

Pull next cipher from season track

Pull next weapon f

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Holy lol the quests to get stasis abilities is so bad.

Go kill 100 slowed enemies, but you also need to kill 100 enemies with solar damage!

Run 3 random activities, then go here on Europa, then do a lost sector, THEN go talk to the stranger.

Now wait until next week :)

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
https://twitter.com/KennerGaming/status/1654224450521374720?s=20

https://twitter.com/irrezolut/status/1654200220652285952?s=20

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.
Fuuuuck is GG really highlighting Class PVP balance woes.

Here's Guy. Guy gets a multitude of OHK melees, overshields, roaming supers with armour and options to control map flow, maps that not only have sight line control importance but also spawning Heavy ammo spots!
Now here's... this other guy. He... gets to turn invisible, kind of? I mean, not do anything, obviously, that'd be silly, and not actually invisible, we can't have that...

Shockeh fucked around with this message at 00:46 on May 5, 2023

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Yorkshire Pudding posted:

Holy lol the quests to get stasis abilities is so bad.

Go kill 100 slowed enemies, but you also need to kill 100 enemies with solar damage!
That's easier now that you have access to chill clip.

The release version of the process was extremely dire.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah imagine how that was when all you had was stasis abilities and Salvation’s Grip, the literal worst exotic in the game

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
LMAO yeah for the new kids in here, stasis came out in season 12 but there wasn't a single stasis weapon* in the game until season 15 but the only stasis perk was headstone; chill clip didn't debut as a perk until 16. you had to get 100% of those kills with abilities.

*ok yeah i forgot salvation's grip. that thing doesn't loving count

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Shockeh posted:

Here's Guy. Guy gets a multitude of OHK melees, overshields, roaming supers with armour and options to control map flow, maps that not only have sight line control importance but also spawning Heavy ammo spots!
Now here's... this other guy. He... gets to turn invisible, kind of? I mean, not do anything, obviously, that'd be silly, and not actually invisible, we can't have that...

As a warlock I feel like most of the hunter supers are just better. Blade Barrage feels like it charges insanely fast, comes out fast, and can multikill.

Meanwhile Chaos Reach feels electric tickle beam that shouts "hey shoot me"

But I can definitely agree: Titans are the real fuckers.

Aqua Dracula
Nov 2, 2012
I play Titan and my teams have gotten completely decimated in almost every single Supremacy match I've played.

life_source
May 11, 2008

Shockeh posted:

life_source posted:

People who think they are/want to be good at PvP play Hunter. People who actually are good at PvP or want to hilariously destroy Hunter's play Titan. Warlock is wildcard, no one even knows what they do, therefore they can be good at PvP.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
you can select the GG mode that doesn't match by class though? still counts for all the progression?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Yeah I did that today and it was way better.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Shockeh posted:

... which one-hit melee abilities are you thinking of, sans Peregrine Greaves?

Plenty of good stuff scattered between classes, but the entry point for fragging with Titan's pretty low due to Arc or Void's base kit. However, you operate on a very flat, lateral plane of combat within specific ranges to make that work. Hunters and warlocks perform better on the z-axis and can break your ankles in several different fun ways.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
A sufficiently charged thunderclap is a one-hit kill but if you let someone pull that off in crucible it’s on you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Shockeh posted:

this post is incredible because your set of complaints about Guy apply to all of the classes in their own ways but most of all to Warlocks