Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
The front page of MLB.com right now is making me feel dizzy. Why would you do this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
What jumps out to me immediately is less the weird blurring filter and more the fact that it looks like the Red Sox guy is about to crack open a few of Vlad Jr's ribs.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.
hypothetical with respect to the A’s: how bad would a team have to be before the sport took some sort of action from a competitive balance standpoint, and what could they do even if they wanted to?

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

The league could force any owner out (i.e. to sell the team) if the other owners wanted to do so. This is essentially what happened to Frank McCourt at the end of his Dodgers tenure, though indirectly via the league refusing to extend any additional credit to the team which forced it into bankruptcy, in turn forcing a sale.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

elentar posted:

hypothetical with respect to the A’s: how bad would a team have to be before the sport took some sort of action from a competitive balance standpoint, and what could they do even if they wanted to?

MLB can compel the sale of a team but it requires the consent of all other 29 owners, which is almost certainly not going to happen because somebody is perceived as being too cheap. That said if Fisher actually does fail to get a proposal up in front of the NV legislature and passed before they go into recess till 2025, I could see some pressure from MLB for him to sell the team to somebody who could potentially re-open negotiations with Oakland or somewhere else. Manfred has wanted to expand for quite a while but has publicly planted his flag that it isn't happening until the A's and Rays' have new stadiums lined up, and I doubt he wants to put that on pause for another two years.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Grats Cubs fans! It's always fun to see a top prospect get called up.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

elentar posted:

I think things would have to get to a pretty strange place before the league would step in.. like to the point there was clear harm to the brand or other teams...

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
M's just one game under .500 :toot:

https://twitter.com/Mariners/status/1654247859385147397

Feels good man.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
I’m truly sorry jays fans. After my very confident post of 5 aces (baby), the pitching has been getting lit up..

drat you vengeful baseball Gods!

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

zoux posted:

Whoa what's going on here

He screwed around with his swing in the off-season according to a profile I read about him. A lot of the shine has come off, he’s been absolutely awful this year. He had a really bad May last season but it wasn’t as big of a deal because Goldschmidt Donovan and Edman were playing like hall of famers over the first three months.

The vaccine stuff and playoff collapse really soured me on him already but if you want a non pitcher to put blame on he’s gotta be the one.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Starsfan posted:

I think things would have to get to a pretty strange place before the league would step in.. like to the point there was clear harm to the brand or other teams...
There's already been massive harm to the brand, but it's in service of extracting hundreds of millions from public coffers so the league's official stance is "it's good."

Bismack Billabongo posted:

He screwed around with his swing in the off-season according to a profile I read about him. A lot of the shine has come off, he’s been absolutely awful this year. He had a really bad May last season but it wasn’t as big of a deal because Goldschmidt Donovan and Edman were playing like hall of famers over the first three months.

The vaccine stuff and playoff collapse really soured me on him already but if you want a non pitcher to put blame on he’s gotta be the one.
Sitting at 52 career WAR he just needs a couple more productive seasons to cement his HoF case, a collapse now would be a hell of a thing.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Late to the Mervposting but gently caress yes :getin:

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

57 new posts? It can only mean either a) one dumbfuck yankeesposting or b) a million dumbfucks cubposting.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

would you prefer us to be whitesoxposting

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

57 new posts? It can only mean either a) one dumbfuck yankeesposting or b) a million dumbfucks cubposting.

Buddy we're Mervin' out, come on in the water's fine!

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
actually its only a few of us dumbfucks making a million posts :smuggo:

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i'm a dumbfuck and i post

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

R.D. Mangles posted:

would you prefer us to be whitesoxposting

Maybe, near as I can figure WSox posting would miss and end up in pet island or some other similar desolate place.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

R.D. Mangles posted:

i'm a dumbfuck and i post

:emptyquote:

This is incredible.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Dog Faced JoJo posted:

Maybe, near as I can figure WSox posting would miss and end up in pet island or some other similar desolate place.

lol

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

this is excellent

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

:perfect:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

If only the thread title could be an image

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

This but unironically

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

FlamingLiberal posted:

If only the thread title could be an image

best I can give you is throwing it in the OP archive of very good posts

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

IcePhoenix posted:

best I can give you is throwing it in the OP archive of very good posts

wait you've been keeping an archive of all my posts?

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

DuhSal posted:

I’m truly sorry jays fans. After my very confident post of 5 aces (baby), the pitching has been getting lit up..

drat you vengeful baseball Gods!

The Red Sox are a buzz saw
https://twitter.com/alexspeier/status/1654269878822477824

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Yoshida rules

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Oh no this is gonna be a thing again isn't it

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Saw most of Pittsburgh vs Tampa, what was with the Buccos pulling Velasquez in the 4th? He seemed to have an OK game, was he hurt or something?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Saw most of Pittsburgh vs Tampa, what was with the Buccos pulling Velasquez in the 4th? He seemed to have an OK game, was he hurt or something?

The dreaded Right Elbow Discomfort, complete with “yeah it kept getting worse through the 3rd but I’m fine” so expect his arm to be shattered into a million pieces :rip:

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009

They've needed every bit of that offense with how poo poo the rotation has been, but way more fun than last year for sure.

Duvall and Story to come back too.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Luigi Thirty posted:

The dreaded Right Elbow Discomfort, complete with “yeah it kept getting worse through the 3rd but I’m fine” so expect his arm to be shattered into a million pieces :rip:

gently caress that sucks, it seemed like he was putting together a nice season.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Matt Harvey officially retired.

gently caress Matt Harvey.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Davecrazy with the wildest avatar arc in SAS history, I think this means it’s time for a fresh one

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/Chandler_Rome/status/1654491054354190343

Deploying this guy's name where it will create maximum confusion

https://twitter.com/thevandalorian/status/1654491730455019522

Oh and look whos been scratched from a start....could it finally be time

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

davecrazy posted:

Matt Harvey officially retired.

gently caress Matt Harvey.

:911:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I feel like calling a 28 year old a prospect is a little much.