Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

drat, that’s quick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

I knew Bucks fans during their championship run who expressed that the silver lining was that if the Suns won, then at least Bud would be fired. It was already in the water.

He seems great at getting the most out of players in development and practice, honing his players' skills and adding new ones, but he can't adjust on the fly. He won't design a play for any specific moment, he'll let his players cook.

He'll get hired again. Giannis got injured in the first game, but they had the talent to make up the shortfall. Bud just doesn't pivot very quickly. If Bud finds success with another team, I won't be surprised, I still would not blame Milwaukee's front office or their fans one bit for running him out.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
He seemed like a great coach until any end of game situation. Maybe they should of hired a Closer for the last 2 minutes of games.

Sub the clutch situation coach in and keep him hired for all the other stuff.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
I am surely not remembering it exactly, but I remember Lowe interviewing him after the championship and he pretty much said he doesn't think his job is to do much during games. I remember him saying that he thought flow and rhythm was so important for his players that he would rather stay out of the way and let things happen than possibly disrupt someone's game. Which, yeah, is probably going to be someone who a) guys like to play for, and b) will lose the occasional tactical game.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Athanatos posted:

He seemed like a great coach until any end of game situation. Maybe they should of hired a Closer for the last 2 minutes of games.

Sub the clutch situation coach in and keep him hired for all the other stuff.

I’ve always thought that teams should do this. Have an assistant coach who’s only job is knowing exactly what to do/what the teams strat is at every situation in the last two mins. In football, basketball, any sport. It should be so easy. It’s crazy it’s not.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
There was a Jrue interview a few years ago and he had to convince Bud to install a second defensive scheme instead of focusing on only a single one for regular season and post season.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Chronicles posted:

Pop, Kerr and Spo the only championship winning coaches in the last decade to not get fired.

Yeah and Lue got fired too!

Carlisle quit the Dallas job.

Firing Bud is kind of brutal. Giannis was hurt/gimpy during the series and Bud lost his brother during the series.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

woj on ESPN making it sound pretty definitive that CP3 won't play again, even if he's gonna try

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Kibner posted:

There was a Jrue interview a few years ago and he had to convince Bud to install a second defensive scheme instead of focusing on only a single one for regular season and post season.

Bud is very much a this is how we play and we are going to be perfect at it and not worry about the other team type of coach. Which works perfectly fine in the regular season, not so much in the playoffs when you actually gameplan a specific team. It was almost guaranteed the Bucks would always lose the first game in the series because they would play it straight up while the other team would actually make a strategy. He did get better where he would make a few adjustments in later games in a series, but rarely mid game.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
Bud admitting he doesn't adjust things to react is just so dumb. thats part of being a top coach. yet he subbed out brook lopez, a dpoy candidate for the lob against miami because spo took out adabayo. hallmark dumb Bud moves.

any atlanta fan should remember his teams getting blown apart year after year in the postseason.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Ammanas posted:

Bud admitting he doesn't adjust things to react is just so dumb. thats part of being a top coach. yet he subbed out brook lopez, a dpoy candidate for the lob against miami because spo took out adabayo. hallmark dumb Bud moves.

any atlanta fan should remember his teams getting blown apart year after year in the postseason.

Not a single one of those atlanta teams underperformed their talent level.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Ammanas posted:

That Hawks team won 60 games and made the ECF with an absolute nothing roster. I don't think it's a mark against him.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/ChrisBHaynes/status/1654283227610361856

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Spacebump posted:

Carlisle quit the Dallas job.

Firing Bud is kind of brutal. Giannis was hurt/gimpy during the series and Bud lost his brother during the series.

I meant coaches who've won a chip in the last 10 years

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Spring Break My Heart posted:

That Hawks team won 60 games and made the ECF with an absolute nothing roster. I don't think it's a mark against him.

So there's no excuse for getting washed out in the playoffs with an unbelievably good roster multiple times. And the year they won the finals, they were a toe away...

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy

The Maestro posted:

Oh man that’s Vanilla Sky
Ooooo that's a good one lol

Upsidads posted:

Why not get a mf doom mask
Jaylen Brown's is kind of close

fart simpson posted:

i unironically think every single foul against my team is bs
Tom Heinsohn why did you fake your death, that's hosed up

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Rick posted:

When I was a child I was play fighting with a friend and he put a pillow on my face while I was on the ground and I flailed wildly and broke his nose. My parents were mad because my grandpa had given me a single boxing lesson a few months earlier, so they thought like I was abusing my martial arts prowess and I was punished hard but they found cancer in his nose early enough that it was no big deal. My grandpa insisted this was all a chain of events et forth by god and I got unpunished, at least.

We need to put a stop to Temecula until we can figure out what's going on

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Moderately surprised the Bucks dumped Bud so quickly. They must have an inside track on Nurse or something.

Bud would be a great hire for any basement team, he would've been my first choice for the Rockets if I knew he was gonna be available. He'd also be great for the Mavs but Cuban loves that J-Kidd shitshow.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

KurdtLives posted:

Ooooo that's a good one lol

Jaylen Brown's is kind of close

Tom Heinsohn why did you fake your death, that's hosed up

This but the Team Building Exercise blowbang lady
https://youtu.be/dNRoxWRWfaE

TDepressionEarl
Oct 28, 2010

I'm trying to win the World Cup
but I'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps playing Argentina onside

Blind Pineapple posted:

Moderately surprised the Bucks dumped Bud so quickly. They must have an inside track on Nurse or something.

Bud would be a great hire for any basement team, he would've been my first choice for the Rockets if I knew he was gonna be available. He'd also be great for the Mavs but Cuban loves that J-Kidd shitshow.

Seconding Mike Budenholzer would be great for the Mavs.

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy

TDepressionEarl posted:

Coach Bud to be typecast as the guy who cleans up after Kidd

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Remember when the Mavs hired Jason Kidd?

Lol

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

There is no way the Mavs will fire JKidd this summer. My understanding is he has a great relationship with both Kyrie and Luka.

Plus Cuban needs a scapegoat for next season's failure.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Blind Pineapple posted:

theyre stealing ime udoka

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"
How does Kidd keep getting work though fr his nets tenure was extraordinarily cringe no cap

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i am a moron posted:

How does Kidd keep getting work though fr his nets tenure was extraordinarily cringe no cap

"hit me" was the most legendary coaching move in recent memory

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

R.D. Mangles posted:

"hit me" was the most legendary coaching move in recent memory

This was a strong second greatest coaching moment for Kidd

https://youtu.be/jawLXTOGbT8

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

i am a moron posted:

A combination of being impressive as an assistant, a relationship with the FO, and lots of players liking him

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Faith Healer Rick, you've potentially squandered an incredible gift for most of your life! Get outside and start swinging with those cancer detecting fists!

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

TDepressionEarl posted:

I can't see him meshing with Cuban.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Faith Healer Rick, you've potentially squandered an incredible gift for most of your life! Get outside and start swinging with those cancer detecting fists!

What if his punches are so powerful they give the target cancer?

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
https://twitter.com/casualtakeking/status/1654308076584079360

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

AD said not tonight :shrug: and the boys agreed :shrug:

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

It’s still Lakers in 6 make no mistake

We’re on to game 3

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
What the gently caress, Bucks. What. The. gently caress.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
wowie

https://twitter.com/statmuse/status/1654330739494735872?s=20

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

I wonder if LeBron would let Ham start him over Reaves.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
The Lakers really really need Reaves’s ball handling in the starting unit

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Reaves has been terrible this round. Really shook without the friendly whistle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

kingcobweb posted:

The Lakers really really need Reaves’s ball handling in the starting unit

You joking?