Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Eimi posted:

I am leaning towards Svarog's choice. It's hosed up, but it's like do you do the 'nice' thing that will kill the robot eventually, or the hard choice that lets it stay alive but lose something important.

I went with Clara. I looked at it the same way as a person with a DNR order; let them live enough life that still has enjoyment, and then let them go.

Hell of a moral quandary to face down in a game like this, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Benching Seele entirely because her ult is unpleasant to look at.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Kyrosiris posted:

I went with Clara. I looked at it the same way as a person with a DNR order; let them live enough life that still has enjoyment, and then let them go.
Hell of a moral quandary to face down in a game like this, though.

I chose Svarog's side since it was both safer and didn't shackle her to the robot camp/rust town until pascal eventually broke down permanently anyway, and the texting conversation with her afterward was physically painful to experience. This game, man.

Considering that questline and the box-moving-puzzle girl questline resolution, I am dreading seeing what happens with the iron gate alleyway poor dude who is terrifed of the "ghosts" who keep disappearing other poor people in ice city.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I've come around on fire mc. I do have geppy but he's only really good for slinging out shields that, to be fair, I almost never need in most content. It's overkill. There's SU but you do eventually need two teams for that so...

also I have very little options for Fire, she gets free cons, and...

she's a cute girl. im really gay.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Oh. So buffs don't tick down and expire until after the reaction window at the end of your turn. So they stay active during any follow-up attacks, which is intuitive enough, but I didn't realize you get a chance to cast your ult with the energy you got from that turn while the buff is still active. That's pretty good. Huge implications for Qingque.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Meowywitch posted:

I've come around on fire mc. I do have geppy but he's only really good for slinging out shields that, to be fair, I almost never need in most content. It's overkill. There's SU but you do eventually need two teams for that so...

also I have very little options for Fire, she gets free cons, and...

she's a cute girl. im really gay.

Also the ultimate animations are legit awesome, which is an incredible change of pace from Genshin where Traveler gets :effort: levels of effects.

I went with Male Trailblazer and while the ultimate heaven piercing drill run is very good I am mildly jealous of Female Trailblazer's big powerful ground stab at the end of the animation.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Eimi posted:

I am leaning towards Svarog's choice. It's hosed up, but it's like do you do the 'nice' thing that will kill the robot eventually, or the hard choice that lets it stay alive but lose something important.

There’s another quest in that chain later, not sure if it’s a time or account level unlock, that gives some extra resolution.

I won’t spoil it other than to say I thought I picked the ‘wrong’ choice and later I was ok with it

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

What triggers the second step in the Clara quest chain anyway? I've dinged TB 35 but have yet to get a text message since completing the first step.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
I think the second quest is time gated. Maybe 24 or 48 hours after the first is complete? It pinged when I logged in one day, not on level up

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I think I was TL 37? Either 36 or 37.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

It triggered for me at 36 after finishing the main story quest.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

finding out sampo's english va was in 90s cartoon The Tick and going 'yeah this makes sense'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9nNniEz9a4&t=470s

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Finally got Seele

not quite high enough level (seems like should be 50+ with unleveled relics or 40-45 with leveled purple relics) for world 3, I died on the mini boss and hit the enrage timer since my lower level party members were dead

my fully at the time upgraded w/ full purple healing relics Bailu just absolutely would not die no matter what, it was only game over when the game forced it to be over

ran out of story and at trailblazer 33.5

the only characters I'm missing are:
Bronya, Clara, Gepard, Welt, Yanqing

Completely F2P so far

I think other than MC phys which is at 6 and is a freebee, I think I have Serval at E3 and a few others at E0-2

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 07:00 on May 5, 2023

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Also the ultimate animations are legit awesome, which is an incredible change of pace from Genshin where Traveler gets :effort: levels of effects.

I went with Male Trailblazer and while the ultimate heaven piercing drill run is very good I am mildly jealous of Female Trailblazer's big powerful ground stab at the end of the animation.

That ultimate animation is so loving cool. Seele's is pretty rad also.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Female MC's bat wind-up animation seems cooler to me too.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Male MC's bat wind-up has big Yakuza Energy and I love the pimp stance he ends up in.

Too bad I'll never really use Phys MC anymore now that I got Fire MC

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Clarste posted:

Female MC's bat wind-up animation seems cooler to me too.

Losing this is the big problem with going fire MC

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

What is this math question even asking? I may be rusty on this stuff, but frankly I can't even parse this. Is it even a math question, or is it some code?

Clarste fucked around with this message at 10:19 on May 5, 2023

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Clarste posted:

What is this math question even asking? I may be rusty on this stuff, but frankly I can't even parse this. Is it even a math question, or is it some code?
I couldn't get it either. It doesn't make any sense as a maths question, and the dialogue you get when you give the wrong answer makes it pretty clear that it's not one, but I still don't understand what it was supposed to be about or what answer it wanted.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Clarste posted:

I didn't understand this either but it got figured out in a discord server I'm in.

'is' is standing in for a function that you have to figure out. 58 combines into 'first snow', and then 'first snow' combines into 0 and so on for each line so therefore (answer for the problem if you want the solution instead of figuring out from there) First Snow is 5 x 8 = 40, 4 x 0 = 0, SB is 3 x 9 = 27, etc. for a total of 162

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I've been using Sushang (after giving her the MC's Phys relics after unlocking his fire form) and she's pretty fun. Pretty good damage when I manage to trigger her Sword Stance thing. Her Technique is also quite handy, since Phys MC doesn't have an offensive one.

Kyrosiris posted:

Thanks for the sanity check, everyone. I guess I'm just getting annoyed by coming up short damage-wise on SimU world 6 repeatedly.

Actually, everyone else is wrong. You will regret not rolling Seele in the game "Honkai Star Rail" for the rest of your life. It will literally haunt you on your deathbed. Your spouse will leave you for someone who has a Seele. I'm sorry to be the one to deliver this bad news.

Steely Glint
Oct 29, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Cirina posted:

I didn't understand this either but it got figured out in a discord server I'm in.

'is' is standing in for a function that you have to figure out. 58 combines into 'first snow', and then 'first snow' combines into 0 and so on for each line so therefore (answer for the problem if you want the solution instead of figuring out from there) First Snow is 5 x 8 = 40, 4 x 0 = 0, SB is 3 x 9 = 27, etc. for a total of 162

yeah, the trick is being able to discard the notion that "is" must be the equivalence relation. it's obvs much easier to solve if you've been exposed to word problems of this form before (e.g. in student math competitions)

e: since the other quizzes in that line haven't stumped nearly as many people, i think there's likely a difference in curricula between CN and (mostly) US schools that means this kind of problem is more common in the former than the latter. but it is possible that the questions differ by localization or that other communities also struggled with it, neither of which i have checked

Steely Glint fucked around with this message at 10:53 on May 5, 2023

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
It depends on what the meaning of "is" is? Do they think they're Bill Clinton?

Yuwe
Apr 6, 2009
Also "Sunflower" is part of the sum its asking for but isn't mentioned in the rest of the text. It's supposed to be "Sunshine" there (alternatively, the instances of "Sunshine" earlier should be "Sunflower" to fit the theme). This made it seem like even more like a nonsense question that was just there to make the crazy thesis guy go away.

Yuwe fucked around with this message at 11:13 on May 5, 2023

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I really want to get that quest but quests seem to have stopped triggering for me.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

It's a daily quest chain; they're randomized.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Oh, it's a daily? I've just been unlucky then, since I keep getting stuck on wubbawoo duty.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Considering how much I use Clara it's kinda tempting to pick up her 5* LC in the pulls shop once I have enough of the currency even though I already invested into the 5* destruction LC from Herta's shop. I guess I can turn that one into a handmedown for other destructions.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Interesting that there's a good few hundred more shields than you need to buy out the shop, and no option to convert them to credits afterward like Genshin. Maybe they're planning on expanding the shop when they inevitably go back and add new areas to existing planets.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Well Himeko fell into my collection after about 60 pulls on the standard banner (whoohoo) so I guess I'll buy her 5 star weapon with pity tokens, eventually.

Really going to need a second healer eventually. Natasha is great for free but you know how it is.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Leraika posted:

Oh, it's a daily? I've just been unlucky then, since I keep getting stuck on wubbawoo duty.

Well, I don't know how it works exactly but so far I've gotten 3 different chains that each take place over 3 days. So once you get wubbawoo you're probably stuck on wubbawoo for a few days, that part's not random.

The results also seem permanent, in that the ornery researcher I helped learn to make small talk is now well-behaved even when I talk to her outside the quest. Not sure if the game will ever start repeating, or how it would work if it doesn't.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 12:11 on May 5, 2023

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time
Any other immediate savers? I got Bronya off the beginner banner and then her light cone 78 deep on the standard banner as my only 5*s so far. I picked up e1 sushang and e1 tingyun along the way. Now sitting on the 30 special tickets and near 18k jade.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Yeah, I'm saving for the next banner.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Not quite that immediately, but I got Seele early so i'm sitting on ~20 express tickets and ~15000 jade.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I took 10 rolls on Seele's banner just to see if I got lucky, but apart from that I've been saving everything, yeah.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Clarste posted:

Not quite that immediately, but I got Seele early so i'm sitting on ~20 express tickets and ~15000 jade.

If you don't mind gambling and want to hyper invest in Seele, her light cone is pretty slick. Will probably mean missing out on next_banner_character unless you get lucky though, so there's that.

Araganzar
May 24, 2003

Needs more cowbell!
Fun Shoe

DancingShade posted:

If you don't mind gambling and want to hyper invest in Seele, her light cone is pretty slick. Will probably mean missing out on next_banner_character unless you get lucky though, so there's that.

Don't discount getting lucky though

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time
The general rule of thumb I'm going with is that you can kinda guarantee every one in three featured characters. Later on there will be reruns you can skip or pick up someone you previously passed on and end up with a fuller roster. Also sometimes you may get lucky and that combined with reruns probably gets you about half the limited characters.

Probably would lose 50/50 on the character banner ten times or more before reaching the 300 pity on the standard banner that it's probably not really even worth thinking about that.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

MotU posted:

Because It's Her Turn

how much money would this actually cost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

DancingShade posted:

I do not even slightly loving want that instead of a new character.