Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
It's what you press to pay your respects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

Trying posted:

does the "f" stand for something or am I just not posh enough to tell time properly?

Yeah I thought it was supposed to be 'x' for 10 in roman numerals?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

escapegoat posted:

Deano is just a basic bro you're meant to feel superior to for not being so painfully mainstream.
I get the impression that a big part of it is that his life was promoted as the vaguely aspirational 'norm' that we should all be aiming for even a decade or so ago, but it's just wildly out of reach for a huge chunk of the country now.

Not too far away from Homer Simpson being an everyman white American husband in the early 90s to a parody of something that doesn't resonate with modern day material conditions.

Rustybear posted:

fascist is wildly overselling it because they’re not actually jackbooted fash in any sense but more a kind of pastoral idealist gentleman-farmer wannabe
That's always been the face of English fascism. I guess the Italian technofuturist fascism of strength, speed, engines, science (real and nonsense like 'race science'), cleanliness by action, and rejection of the weak victim cult of Judaeo-Christianity for the martial strength of Ancient Rome all seemed a bit gauche for English fascists, who preferred a fascism of quiet countrysides, cottages, skepticism of science, cleanliness by nature, and obedience to faith and family.

There's always a few exceptions, and both types tended to exist whenever fascism is tolerated, but from Jorian Jenks and the Council for the Church and Countryside to modern day "wouldn't it be nice if we had a nice picnic on the killing fields?" the Anglo fascist has tended towards that.

keep punching joe posted:

It's what you press to pay your respects.
Press P to respect piss diamonds.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
The lib Dems have taken Stratford on Avon and the Greens look like they're taking Mid Suffolk, so it looks like third parties are doing very strongly.

Poll whisperers are saying it could mean a hung parliament next year which would be very funny.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde

a pipe smoking dog posted:

The lib Dems have taken Stratford on Avon and the Greens look like they're taking Mid Suffolk, so it looks like third parties are doing very strongly.

Poll whisperers are saying it could mean a hung parliament next year which would be very funny.

ConDem coalition is back awoo

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

yeah between the SNP libdems and greens lol

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Looking at ancient forms of Latin it appears to be Textualis a la this chart:

Sometimes known as blackletter https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackletter

So yeah, them being oddly posh. Presumably because they're copying the clock face from Elizabeth Tower (generally called Big Ben's tower):

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
God that loving cartoon i swear it gets funnier every time i see it.

The copy of the daily telegraph, the very newspaper that fired the cartoonist for being a weido covid conspiracy freak, present in the mass grave of all the peoplecwho disagree with him is amazing. If you saw something like that in a kelly you'd think it was too on the nose, just breathtakingly unhinged and petty.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

sinky posted:

ConDem coalition is back awoo

Lib Dems accept Tory bill to drown all protestors in sewage in exchange for another EU referendum after the next election.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

"Honey, bury me with my favourite injection needle, and my golden arm. Hope no-one steals the latter."

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

I added eight labels to this and it's still almost indistinguishable.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I have to admit the lack of the dog being labelled of all things did strike me as odd when everything else has at least something.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

"a woman" and "a man" identified purely by performative signifiers of gender. A good comic.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The dog is just confused why every one of those labels is whistling so loud.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

I feel it's telling that the Lib Dems have (currently) about 50% of the gains that Labour have made despite being a much smaller party

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

They do usually have a disproportionate presence on councils though.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Local elections always provide more third party seats. Different ways of picking councilors, extremely niche local issues (like Plymouth), people more happy to throw a vote to someone who actually aligns with their interest etc.

Of course Lib Dem Fight Back is extremely real and your friend, though

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

No one in my Locals seemed interested in telling me their names, let alone anything that they might stand for or believe in, so I put in as much effort voting as they did canvasing.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/GyllKing/status/1654446430629638144

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Slough has LAB -17 with most of those going to CON, anyone know what happened there?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

:thunk:

Is it too late to get Charles an ancient ceremonial sceptre that's about 200' tall and made of copper?

Lord of the Llamas
Jul 9, 2002

EULER'VE TO SEE IT VENN SOMEONE CALLS IT THE WRONG THING AND PROVOKES MY WRATH
I thought she meant the bird for a moment.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I'm sure the lightning bolt was just a routine one to charge the Mandelson

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

That'd be impressive. Instant roast bird.

e: well not if it's Mandelson, we know how he feels about birds

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

SixFigureSandwich posted:

Slough has LAB -17 with most of those going to CON, anyone know what happened there?

The council went bankrupt and they hiked council tax by 10% across the board.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Looking forward to the social murder the Tories will undergo to fix this.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Ah well I'm sure the party of Sound FinancesTM will sort that all out

Catzilla
May 12, 2003

"Untie the queen"

SixFigureSandwich posted:

Probably this https://www.getreading.co.uk/news/reading-berkshire-news/slough-council-tax-rises-999-26452890

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If it goes back to con I wouldn't be surprised if they get more central government funding, it is deliberately cut to areas they don't control.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

My local journalist is slowly going insane as they'd been telling him the result will be in "in the next half hour" for most of today. He's already started talking about drinking on the job.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

If it goes back to con I wouldn't be surprised if they get more central government funding, it is deliberately cut to areas they don't control.

Which really should be illegal, because it's so loving obviously politically motivated and killing people.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Also I feel that 'Other' is getting slaughtered but I seem to remember them doing quite well last time round

e: meaning I would think that independent local parties would profit from a CON collapse but they seem to be losing out as well

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
jeezaloo is emily thornberry ever not pissed

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Mr Phillby posted:

God that loving cartoon i swear it gets funnier every time i see it.

The copy of the daily telegraph, the very newspaper that fired the cartoonist for being a weido covid conspiracy freak, present in the mass grave of all the peoplecwho disagree with him is amazing. If you saw something like that in a kelly you'd think it was too on the nose, just breathtakingly unhinged and petty.

It’s the jar of idyllic pickled eggs that always do it for me

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

EvilHawk posted:

Of course Lib Dem Fight Back is extremely real and your friend, though

Lib Dem are 600 atm.
Tories 868.

It would be funny if LIb Dem overtook them.

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

loving state of journalism in this country, they haven't even gone out and measured it

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

yeah they paid for 60ft

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Well I guess all the "if you've got a penis you're a man" people know the gender of Bath now.

smellmycheese posted:

It’s the jar of idyllic pickled eggs that always do it for me
Bob can tell that the woman is a woman because of her jar of large immotile gametes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I'm just tickled that she looks like a middle-aged Lara Croft fanart.