Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

"ARIANAS TRIFORCE THE BIGGEST HOAX OF THEM ALL posted:

Well, we've all been hoodwinked, conned, taken, and fooled. I'm putting my foot way in my mouth now for falling for that seemingly believeable Triforce discovery that was supposedly prooved by a girl from Columbia by the name of Ariana. I mean, it had me fooled. Mr. Kenneth (Idiot) Burton's rumor was questionable at best, but those screenshots from Ariana seemed like total proof, and closed the issue. But unfortunately, to no avail it was the most elaborately masterminded video game hoaxes of all time. Why she (if she is a she, I mean who knows who Ariana really is) propagated this fraud is beyond my comprehension. What was the purpose of this. Faked screenshots were the ultimate bummer regarding the truth of the Triforce.

Why are they fake you ask? Well, first off a big obvous discovery I made (After gazing at the pics for awhile, was, in the image with Link playing the overture of Sages his sword is ON THE WRONG SIDE of his back. I thought that was a little odd. Second, the Font style on the "Temple of Light" is wrong, there should be more shadowing around the Letters. The image with Link's sword on the wrong side is what sunk this whole charade. First off, I don't care where you live in this world, wherever there is a Zelda 64, whatever language, Kid Link's Kokiri sword will always be point-facing-to-the-left if he is facing you. All ROMs are identical, there are no alternate ROMs with changes like this, sorry. There's another odd thing, why don't we see any N64 Controller cords in the picture of the TV. You would think that the N64 would be real close to that TV. Mine is right on top of my 27" with the cords draping down to the ground in front of my entertainment center.

This had to be the most elaborate scheme ever devised to deceive people over such a trivial issue. How did she(?) do it? Well like I mentioned on that page where I made an rear end of myself the person who created the screenshots could have had access to equipment that would download (dump) the cart onto a computer, then someone could decompile the ROM and access the data, finding the right string that does a particular action, i.e. Ocarina Songs and Text, and alter it. A more likely scenario is that this is merely a cut, paste, and blend of various images. In fact the image with Link in front of the Triforce looks strikingly similar to another screenshot I've seen on the internet somewhere of just the Triforce in that same position. This would be a 5 min. job for some techies at ILM (Industrial Light and Magic - George Lucas' Computer Dream Team) The fact that it was taken from a regular camera image means nothing, because it was displayed on a TV that could be connected to a computer. There is the possibility that this is some pre-developed and coreographed hoax devised by the webmasters of that website to attract visitors for some reason or another, but I could never proove this, nor would I care to try. Most Likely there are a couple of amatuer computer programmers out there having a real laugh at all the stir that this created. But, who gets the last laugh, well we do.

You know I actually spent 10 hours wasting my time on 2/8 and 2/9 looking for Step 2. Step 1 wasn't much of a step anyway, just information about RAURU. I searched high and low for any changes in the surroundings of Hyrule or the characters. I did everything I could to get the owl to do something different. I played every availible song in front of him, used Din's Fire, wore the mask of truth and played songs, threw the boomerang at him then took out the ocarina. Dumped bugs in front of him. Threw bombs. Anything you could think of I did. Sorry, none of it worked. I tried (for the millionth time) to get into Gerudo as young Link right after Ganondorf blasts me with the purple energy and gallops away on his Black Gerudo Stallion. As usual the Gerudo Mask did nothing. I poked and proded cliffs. I fooled around in the Temple of Time (once again) but found nothing different. Overall, this was a waste of time. So you know what, this was the last straw, NO MORE TRIFORCE RUMORS! I'm pretty sick of these by now and I'm sure a lot of other people are. If you send me a Triforce Rumor it will be deleted. Oh, and before I close I must apologize to those Nintendo guys, especially Dan, who I said were liars. I really put my foot in my mouth on this one, and it will never happen again. I have bigger and better things to do now than waste my time with this BS about the Triforce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

that brings me back

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

gently caress I remember this like it was yesterday. I remember following this dude's guide on using the crooked cartridge method to glitch through walls etc in OoT

iirc the creator of the site turned out to have some kind of manic disorder that made him susceptible to believing there were hidden coded messages everywhere and was basically chronicling his slow spiral into insanity via ocarina of time rumors

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
i remember the article where he first posted the code that brings up the crash debugger and he framed it as like he broke into nintendo and stole their top secret documents to get this out there and my stupid kid rear end believed every single word lol

copy
Jul 26, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-nMGtaAoXw

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Lobster Harmonica posted:

gently caress I remember this like it was yesterday. I remember following this dude's guide on using the crooked cartridge method to glitch through walls etc in OoT

iirc the creator of the site turned out to have some kind of manic disorder that made him susceptible to believing there were hidden coded messages everywhere and was basically chronicling his slow spiral into insanity via ocarina of time rumors

the internet used to be so cool

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Mental illness.. is cool.

*blows cigarette smoke in a baby's face*

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

SpaceAceJase posted:

Mental illness.. is cool.

*blows cigarette smoke in a baby's face*

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

what in Hylia's name.

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

absolutely anything posted:

i remember the article where he first posted the code that brings up the crash debugger and he framed it as like he broke into nintendo and stole their top secret documents to get this out there and my stupid kid rear end believed every single word lol

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Me, personally, my rumor rabbit hole was the stop and swap stuff in banjo kazooie.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

for me it was gettin mew out from under that truck

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
General Leo...

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Ask me about shitposting in SAD to get the attention my parents never gave me

Arrhythmia posted:

Me, personally, my rumor rabbit hole was the stop and swap stuff in banjo kazooie.

rabbit hole and banjo kazooie in the same sentence makes me hear kill bill siren

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Fungah! posted:

this

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

welcome posted:

General Leo...

FF rumors were my bread and butter for sure

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

L is real

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i do remember havin an argument wth some kid over whether so long gay bowser was real when i didnt know what the word gay meant and he was so christian he couldnt say it or explain what it was

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Fungah! posted:

Yup, this, and catching the unidentified ghosts that you see in Lavender Tower before you get the Silph scope. Once I discovered MISSINGNO was real it felt like every other weird rumor was too.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fungah! posted:

i do remember havin an argument wth some kid over whether so long gay bowser was real when i didnt know what the word gay meant and he was so christian he couldnt say it or explain what it was

Lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

Lmao

Lobster Harmonica
Jul 15, 2005

Fungah! posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Fungah! posted:

lol

ty sub-actuality for av & the kins for sig

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Fungah! posted:

lmao

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Fungah! posted:

The Gaytriots…

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Smirking_Serpent posted:

The Gaytriots…

So la li lu le long, gay bowser

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Punished Chuck posted:

Yup, this, and catching the unidentified ghosts that you see in Lavender Tower before you get the Silph scope. Once I discovered MISSINGNO was real it felt like every other weird rumor was too.

lol this

[completely straightfaced] missingno crackpinged me re:gamefreak hellworld [and really emphasizing the me re part]

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

lol this

[completely straightfaced] missingno crackpinged me re:gamefreak hellworld [and really emphasizing the me re part]

lol

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

lol this

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

lol this

lol

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

The yoshis were absolutely singing "The Airport"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

lol this

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Fungah! posted:

HolePisser1982 posted:

lol this

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

lmao yep there it is. ftw

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

All hail Video Gamer X’s Code. So mote it be.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

turned on my switch and absolutely lost my poo poo when i saw totk was downloading and it took me a minute to realize it was the pre-download

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Fungah! posted:

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I was a general leo believer when I was a kid. I wanted him in the party so bad because he could shoot lasers with his sword and there’s not much cooler than that