Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

I've never been more thankful for the existence of titties

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
https://giphy.com/gifs/baby-throw-QujhtrUT4p1ok

What on earth is this from

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Pretty sure that is Ben Stiller in Tropic Thunder

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Konar posted:

Pretty sure that is Ben Stiller in Tropic Thunder

Confirmed. Great movie.

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
I got a request for a cartoon I watched back in the late 90s. It was an American one, I think the style was reminiscent of Beavis and Butthead, featuring a family of at least 3; parents and a kid. The only thing I remember is an episode where the kid has been (mis?)diagnosed with ADD and is sitting in the living room in a sort of vegetative state. He is playing tic-tac-toe with himself, but all that's happening is he's focusing on one of the pieces and says how many dimples it has.

It's very vague, sorry, but I just recalled that fragment out of the blue and I'd like to know what it was.

Zathril
Nov 12, 2011

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

I got a request for a cartoon I watched back in the late 90s. It was an American one, I think the style was reminiscent of Beavis and Butthead, featuring a family of at least 3; parents and a kid. The only thing I remember is an episode where the kid has been (mis?)diagnosed with ADD and is sitting in the living room in a sort of vegetative state. He is playing tic-tac-toe with himself, but all that's happening is he's focusing on one of the pieces and says how many dimples it has.

It's very vague, sorry, but I just recalled that fragment out of the blue and I'd like to know what it was.

Is it this part of King of the Hill?

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump
Woah, holy cow yes! :stare:

And it's the propane guy show, I don't know how I didn't make the connection. Thanks dude, I got something to watch now.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I had some old Night Flight episodes that I was watching years ago and they had a lot of content on them. Downside is that none of the discs were labeled and the discs weren't actually all Night Flight material as I had been lead to believe.

Anyway, this video I believe WAS legitimate NF content which would have set it circa mid-late 80s: Band that had a song with a title that was something like "Fifth Floor", "Third Floor", etc. The closest thing sound wise I can really think of approximating it to is a kind of gothy power pop. Not a hardcore early 80s punk sound, not really mid-late 80s metal, not quite early 90s grunge.

Video was in B&W if I recall, in a hospital, male singer. Title maybe repeated a few times in song like "_______ floor, ________ floor".

NOTE: IT is NOT Death Angel's "Third Floor"

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Dr. Quarex posted:

But then the word "SCRAPLAND" suddenly reminded me of something entirely different that I am jonesing to find again, and I imagine it will either be remembered/found instantly or is actually a dream I had years ago and will never be found

Someone had made a teaser preview for a terrible-looking video game (I do not think it came out) about fighting enemies made of trash/waste? in a junkyard/trash heap; I want to say some enemy was vaguely reminiscent of the Great Mighty Poo from Conker's Bad Fur Day, and most importantly the narration was absolutely terrible yet extremely compelling, with just a normal guy talking (with voice pitch-shifted down) about how intense and amazing your battles against the creatures of this dump were going to be

The thing I can ALMOST remember but not quite was like the climax of the narration, the voice introduces the toughest monsters by saying like BUT THEN YOU FACE ... THE CRUSHERMAN (or like, you know, THE JUGGERNAUT or THE SMASHATRON or THE ANNIHILATOR or something not terribly impressive but implied to be) The narration might have ended with a line something like "WELCOME TO ... THE JUNKTOWN" or something (edit: by trying to repeat how it sounded out loud I feel like I remember a line like "ohhhh but that's not all")

The more I type the more my brain simultaneously thinks it is about to remember what it was called and that it is totally made up

This probably could have been anywhere from the early to late 2000s; certainly recent enough that it was all polygonal and was not the absolute worst-looking game ever.
HEY DR. QUAREX

I FINALLY FOUND OUT

Thanks to going to Arby's and suddenly (likely relatedly) remembering the all-important lines "HIS BONES TURNED TO CHROME AND THE YARD CAME ALIVE"

I PRESENT TO YOU: 2006's METAL COMBAT! (BACKSTORY VIDEO)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbGh9utlIDo&t=14s

This is absolutely an experience if you have never seen it

(it was "heavy metal dominator," incidentally, when I was trying to remember the amazing thing you could become here at MULDUNE'S SALVAGE

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
That piece of obscure eurojank did actually get released it seems like: https://www.mobygames.com/game/151744/metal-combat/

Internet Old One
Dec 6, 2021

Coke Adds Life
So in 1986 my dad came home with an early portable computer he’d borrowed from the office

It had a disk with several games and we played what I believe to probably be a port of TREK but we also played a text adventure game where IIRC someone was murdered and her husband was Mr.Pickwick or pinwick or something. I remember he liked golf so I guess you were supposed to steal golf equipment in the game or something and he’d feel better that his wife died and you’d solve the murder.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

I remember seeing this art of an american football team on a soccer pitch, the theme was misunderstanding, I don't think it was the far side but it was in that vein.

MisterDuck
Feb 27, 2013
Can someone help me find a King of the Hill meme where Bobby is Gohan and Boomhauer is Android 16's head?

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
Years ago when I was a kid we had a sci-fi book that I'm assuming had to have had a lot of illustrations in it because I remember them, but there was also some story going on.

I recall an image of what was a CCCP spaceship, and part of the plot involved cadets or something perhaps investigating it. There was a scene where a bully cadet got into a fight with another kid and the bully got tossed into a pool of oily waste products which I think was also part of a drawing. I'm assuming the book was from circa late 70s to maybe no later than 1982 or so.

Part of me was thinking it might have been part of the Terran Trade Authority series, but I'm thinking that's not the case since I'm not sure if those books had anything like that kind of narrative to them.

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
A long shot, but I own a book titled "Space Wars: Fact and Fiction" (which might be part of a series since I have another titled "Space Wars: Wars Worlds and Weapons" with a similar style). It was published in the 80s, but I assume it's a compilation of older material - some short child-level factual articles, a bunch of short SF fiction, and a comic called "Space Cadet" about Jason January in the Royal Space Academy that was originally from the 1960s (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranger_(magazine)#Other_notable_comic_strips_published_in_the_magazine). And there are loads of illustrations.

One of the Space Cadet stories printed in here involves a bunch of pirates on an ancient CCCP satellite:

And hey, here's a bully getting splashed in oil, so maybe this isn't such a long shot after all. Sorry it's so blurry, the lighting in here is terrible right now.

uvar fucked around with this message at 06:14 on May 16, 2023

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle
I'm remembering a music video in which hitler, dressed in an evening gown, sings a song about telling his mother he's gay. This is no longer something that can be googled because you just get a million hits about nazis protesting drag queens.

yaffle fucked around with this message at 13:47 on May 15, 2023

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005

uvar posted:

A long shot, but I own a book titled "Space Wars: Fact and Fiction" (which might be part of a series since I have another titled "Space Wars: Wars and Weapons" with a similar style). It was published in the 80s, but I assume it's a compilation of older material - some short child-level factual articles, a bunch of short SF fiction, and a comic called "Space Cadet" about Jason January in the Royal Space Academy that was originally from the 1960s (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranger_(magazine)#Other_notable_comic_strips_published_in_the_magazine). And there are loads of illustrations.

That's it exactly. I think I even recognize the cover. Thanks.

Oddly enough, my first thought when seeing these images again was, "It looks a lot like the Trigan Empire book I have..." and I go to that link and see they were both published in the same magazine.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

uvar posted:

bunch of pirates on an ancient CCCP satellite:

And hey, here's a bully getting splashed in oil, so maybe this isn't such a long shot after all. Sorry it's so blurry, the lighting in here is terrible right now.

Okay, that was magic.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

I love this cover so much.

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

A music video for a Japanese song, animated in an extremely 80's/Heavy Metal style, about becoming an idol. Like, there's an idol boot camp. A giant statue head, at some point, sings.

I think it starts with a long shot of the vocalist/idol drill instructor head banging?

Normal Barbarian fucked around with this message at 09:18 on May 17, 2023

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Hi, came here from Stupid/Small Questions.

I'm trying to find an old promo spot from Cartoon Network - they had a lot of good ones! This would have been late 90s/early 00s.

Specifically it was like a 911 call center / crisis center / mission control kind of setting, live action i think, and you were just watching and hearing the man in the call center on the phone (you didn't really hear the caller iirc, but you could hear sound effects on the other side). Someone called in and had walked off a cliff Wile E Coyote style and the guy is advising the caller NOT to look down... "oh you looked down..." Then you hear a falling whistle noise, a few other things are exchanged related to looney toons tropes, and it's all very over the top suspenseful. At the end the call center guy says "now you should find yourself in a hole in the shape of your body, and if everything went well, get up and you'll make an accordian noise" - at this point everyone in the call center is listening and you hear the accordian noise and they all cheer.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

alnilam posted:

Hi, came here from Stupid/Small Questions.

I'm trying to find an old promo spot from Cartoon Network - they had a lot of good ones! This would have been late 90s/early 00s.

Specifically it was like a 911 call center / crisis center / mission control kind of setting, live action i think, and you were just watching and hearing the man in the call center on the phone (you didn't really hear the caller iirc, but you could hear sound effects on the other side). Someone called in and had walked off a cliff Wile E Coyote style and the guy is advising the caller NOT to look down... "oh you looked down..." Then you hear a falling whistle noise, a few other things are exchanged related to looney toons tropes, and it's all very over the top suspenseful. At the end the call center guy says "now you should find yourself in a hole in the shape of your body, and if everything went well, get up and you'll make an accordian noise" - at this point everyone in the call center is listening and you hear the accordian noise and they all cheer.

I'm impressed by your memory, 100% accurate description.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhZ3KUotDXw

CaptainBeefart fucked around with this message at 22:25 on May 17, 2023

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

CaptainBeefart posted:

I'm impressed by your memory, 100% accurate description.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhZ3KUotDXw

Yesss thank you!

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

alnilam posted:

Yesss thank you!

You're welcome, it was fun to go through the promos I grew up watching trying to find it.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I'm looking for this gif of a woman reuniting with a friend. She's super excited to see her buddy and runs to hug her. She kicks her shoes off in a really comical way without slowing down.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

deoju posted:

I'm looking for this gif of a woman reuniting with a friend. She's super excited to see her buddy and runs to hug her. She kicks her shoes off in a really comical way without slowing down.

This?

https://twitter.com/keatonkildebell/status/1203740446373142534?s=20

I think the show is Schitt's Creek.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

McCracAttack posted:

I think the show is Schitt's Creek.

can't tell if you're doing a bit but that's unbreakable kimmy schmidt

you can call it schmidt's creek if that makes you more comfortable

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

TIP posted:

can't tell if you're doing a bit but that's unbreakable kimmy schmidt

you can call it schmidt's creek if that makes you more comfortable

No I'm literally just that guy who doesn't watch TV.

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Lol

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
I'll try this request again:

About ten-ish years ago (maybe more), there was a video that was posted numerous times on this site that goes something like this:

There's a guy with frizzy hair who's talking to another guy who has some sort of European accent. The frizzy-hair guy calls the European guy a motherfucker. The European guy tells him that such language is uncalled for, but the frizzy-hair calls him a motherucker again and really emphasizes the "fucker" part.

Anyone remember this?

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

ESPN has been doing skits/commercials with players for a long time. I can find ones where like Ovechkin was a Russian Spy at ESPN headquarters but here's one I just can't find anywhere:

It's a goalie. I want to say from the Rangers. This is late 90's or early 2000's.

Anyway, it's on the ice and it looks like the goalie is practicing. He blocks a whole bunch of shots and then starts to skate away, then the guy who's shooting takes another shot at the goal, but the goal was covered by plexiglass, so it's blocked. The goalie skates back to the net with a towel to rub out the scuff mark.

Can anyone find this?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Doctor Butts posted:

ESPN has been doing skits/commercials with players for a long time. I can find ones where like Ovechkin was a Russian Spy at ESPN headquarters but here's one I just can't find anywhere:

It's a goalie. I want to say from the Rangers. This is late 90's or early 2000's.

Anyway, it's on the ice and it looks like the goalie is practicing. He blocks a whole bunch of shots and then starts to skate away, then the guy who's shooting takes another shot at the goal, but the goal was covered by plexiglass, so it's blocked. The goalie skates back to the net with a towel to rub out the scuff mark.

Can anyone find this?

It was Mike Richter.

This organization has it in their archive, but it doesn't seem to be available online anywhere. You would have to go to new york and view it in person.

https://www.paleycenter.org/collection/item/?q=&p=1&item=AT:40738.012

ESPN is always uploading old stuff to their youtube channel, you could try e-mailing them about it.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost

drat, that was quick. That's it. Thank you. :)

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

Does anyone have any of the mp3s from the Seraded ALOD from 2003 (https://www.somethingawful.com/awful-links/awful-link-1485/)?

You can still access most of the site using the internet wayback machine but none of the (terrible) music is there. Haven't been able to find this anywhere for a long time. Hoping someone saved that garbage when it was still up.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

In high school, we watched a video in either AP US history or government class that had to do with political parties, and I think maybe was an ad for the libertarian party specifically. This would have been around 2002 or 2003.

The video had one memorable part, where the narrator says something along the lines of:

“You may be ready to throw the baby out with the bathwater… [Baby turns the face the camera and its eyes glow red]
….but what if the baby is Satan?"

Absolutely insane, need to find this video. Did anyone else see something like this?

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020

Absurd Pox Term
Rad Buxom Strep

Retard Ox Bumps
Borax Dumpster

Dares Box Trump

Glambags posted:

Does anyone have any of the mp3s from the Seraded ALOD from 2003 (https://www.somethingawful.com/awful-links/awful-link-1485/)?

You can still access most of the site using the internet wayback machine but none of the (terrible) music is there. Haven't been able to find this anywhere for a long time. Hoping someone saved that garbage when it was still up.

Is it these guys? https://myspace.com/seraded/music/songs

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

I've been looking for a Friends parody for a while, and can't seem to find it again just because there are so many drat results on youtube swamping any related search terms. It was a sort of surreal, existential horror parody taking place in one of their apartments. The dialogue was dubbed in heavy Russian (or something similar-sounding), with English subtitles, and I think the video may have been turned black and white with some extra grain and film damage added. The characters were talking about some vaguely defined malevolent force lurking on the outside keeping them trapped, and how they're considering walking outside to have their souls devoured.

... having described it now, I sure loving hope that's a thing that really existed, cause it'd be really kind of weird if my brain just sort of hallucinated that together. :stare:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I think I know what you're talking about but I'll be damned if I can crap out the requisite keywords to find it

e: the fact that its title is friends means it's a total poo poo to find. This would be a cinch with seinfeld

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

Yes! But it doesn't look like the songs work. I recall seeing this maybe a decade ago and they worked at the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Glambags posted:

Yes! But it doesn't look like the songs work. I recall seeing this maybe a decade ago and they worked at the time.

Myspace had a massive data loss event in that interim