Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

MechaX posted:

how much money would this actually cost

Assuming you're buying all of your jade and you hit the 90 pull pity and get lucky on the 50/50 every single time, somewhere between 1300 and 1500 dollars, I think. Roughly 30 bucks for a 10 pull, nine 10 pulls per pity, 30x9 = 270, 270x7(seele + 6 dupes) = 1890, but there's a lot of bonus jade for first time package purchases.

This fluctuates wildly - you can "save" a lot of money if you get lucky and don't have to hit pity, and you can lose a lot more money if you have to go to double pity for one of the dupes.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 13:02 on May 5, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

MechaX posted:

how much money would this actually cost

Anyone else really grumpy the eidolon shards don't merge together when you collect all six :spergin:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
They don't even form a complete picture, so that would be weird.

BearPlayingGuitar
Nov 30, 2011
With the 10 standard tickets from reaching level 35 I ended up pulling both bailu & gepard so I uh, think I’m good on characters at the moment.

Also confirming Seele, tingyun, bronya, & Natasha is definitely a powerful team comp. If I need survivability I’d probably just throw fire mc in place of bronya.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm debating swapping out fire MC for Welt in a Seele, Ting, Natasha party.

Worried I may be too squishy though.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I don't think you ever need both shields and healing, tbh. If you have both you are a coward, pure and simple.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I tried SU6 with Tingyun instead of my usual fireMC (+Seele, Nat, Welt) last night and it seemed like my team was far squishier. Gonna stick with my tanky boy I think.

e: I am a coward

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Clarste posted:

I don't think you ever need both shields and healing, tbh. If you have both you are a coward, pure and simple.

i am okay with being a coward if it means i win and they don't

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

UHD posted:

i am okay with being a coward if it means i win and they don't

I think it makes you less likely to win, tbh. Since there are a number of mechanics encouraging you to kill threats quickly, etc.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

At least in SU, bosses have an enrage if you take too long as well.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

that's why I said "if it means i win." hitting enrage is the exact opposite.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Very pleased with Bailu as a healer so far.

Not pleased that I have to wait a week to get the skill point mats

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Clarste posted:

I've run Gepard and Natasha together in Sim Universe before, and I'd do it again. But the idea there is to switch her out once the freeze cheese plan comes together.

I could see doing the same thing in Forgotten Hall if your plan is to freeze lock one of the bosses and the other is resistant, but comes with freezable adds or something. Because the annoying thing about Gepard is that his ult is way overkill when it's up, and he can't do enough to protect the team from unfreezable threats when it isn't. I'd really love a character who's a DPS with a smidge of healing, in the same way Fire MC is a DPS with a smidge of shielding. That would make him way easier to build around.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

FractalSandwich posted:

I'd really love a character who's a DPS with a smidge of healing, in the same way Fire MC is a DPS with a smidge of shielding. That would make him way easier to build around.

Maybe that Imaginary Abundance dude whose name I forget from the Dan side of Space China will be that.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

you can obviously play too tanky, especially in fights with turn limits, but I don't think ever daring to run Preservation+Abundance reaches there

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Qwertycoatl posted:

Maybe that Imaginary Abundance dude whose name I forget from the Dan side of Space China will be that.
I'd have to consider diverting some of the Kafka Fund to take a 50-50 on him if so, because he'd be my first Imaginary unit too.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Yeah Luocha's going to be really tempting because I also don't have an imaginary character yet, and I don't have a five star healer. He's also the Otto expy, but I don't care too much about that. I was kind of hoping to do a collect them all with the Stellaron Hunters, but the game's doing a really good job so far of making me want a lot of the characters they're going to be releasing, so honestly I don't know what I'm going to be pulling for at this point.

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
I've been holding out for him because I need a second healer, mainly. Will still throw a bit at Jing Yuan for my second DPS though

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

just unlocked 40->50 ascension

oh god need so much trace mats

ExtrudeAlongCurve
Oct 21, 2010

Lambert is my Homeboy
Love how characters hang out in the world and also in your train. Don't forget to talk to them when they come to visit the train.

There's a first time stellar jade reward when they first visit but I'm noticing they also sometimes just hand you 5 jade just because you're friends. :3: I assume there's a daily or weekly limit to that but I'm not gonna say no to more jade for the Jing Yuan fund.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

This was way too close, Natasha died at the last phase so I had to outrace Kafka. Fortunately by the end I was doing 15% of her bar per DoT tick, so I got through.

The warp tickets from beating World 5 also bumped me over the 5* pity and I got Welt :toot:

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
Best part of this vs Genshin in infinite stamina when running around

Also, is there a spreadsheet with optimal relics / light cones yet? Like the genshin one?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Also, is there a spreadsheet with optimal relics / light cones yet? Like the genshin one?

Prydwen and Honkailab have recommendations, with Prydwen having more in terms of "this is the top 5 for cones" but not every character fully mathed out yet.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Best part of this vs Genshin in infinite stamina when running around

arguably this is only because exploration is tertiary. movement is on rails - you can't jump, climb, swim, or glide - and combat is separate from exploration so stamina serves no purpose.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

tbh stamina also serves no real purpose in genshin outside of combat and they could easily make it infinite outside of combat (except when climbing)

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

thank go theres no jumping in this, no need to fall off cliffs and have to backtrack back up

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I always felt like the gameplay style in Genshin didn't mix very well with gacha daily chores, they took too much effort to have to teleport near grinding nodes and then follow them around after every completion, etc.

Love how streamlined it is here.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I want trailblazer stamina to regen faster.... I got mats to grind 🙄

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Endorph posted:

tbh stamina also serves no real purpose in genshin outside of combat and they could easily make it infinite outside of combat (except when climbing)

You can eat stamina stuff while climbing so the stamina while climbing is unnecessary. The only "necessary" stamina gauge would probably be swimming.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I always felt like the gameplay style in Genshin didn't mix very well with gacha daily chores, they took too much effort to have to teleport near grinding nodes and then follow them around after every completion, etc.

Love how streamlined it is here.

Yeah this game actually got me to give Genshin a second try since I feel like I understand a lot more of what's going on with it now (like oh yeah I guess leveling artifacts is pretty important), and comparing the two there are definitely some things about Genshin's playstyle that I prefer, but dailies and grinds here are soooo much smoother. I'd be inclined to focus more on this game anyway since I'm in on the ground floor instead of years later, but the ease with which you can hop in and knock out your dailies with minimal effort in this game makes me way more likely to stick around beyond just story and events like I probably will with Genshin.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
So people know that there’s a news radio broadcast you can listen to on the train right?

Cause somehow I missed this in my 30 hours of playing.

Unless it’s a recent addition.

Good listen if you’re a lore junkie.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Love to start with Destruction path then end up with like 2 destruction buffs by the time I wipe because the game only gives me nihility buffs for some reason.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

Xianzhou Luofu has cool bgm beats.

Liking the personalities of the people here. All my draws have been characters from this area, so its nice to finally put a personality to their faces.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

theblackw0lf posted:

So people know that there’s a news radio broadcast you can listen to on the train right?

I ran into space npr trying to talk to pom pom and stood there for like five minutes listening to them talk. happy new year, everybody!

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

theblackw0lf posted:

What?

cranky corvid
Sep 30, 2021

It's a screen on one of the tables in the parlor car that you can interact with. Unless there's multiple ones in different locations - I've only listened to one broadcast so far.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
Level 40 at last. My core five are ascended, Seele and Bailu went straight to level 60, and now I get to farm all the ascension materials for their light cones.

Difficulty II for Sim World 3 also unlocked. I am trying it now and expecting to get thoroughly trucked by Gepard and his Meat Boys at the end.
EDIT: Hah, didn't even reach the boss. Died to an Automaton elite when my elements were mismatched for it.

delfin fucked around with this message at 19:13 on May 5, 2023

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Do we know what order the 4-stars are going to rotate into the starlight shop, from datamining or something? Tingyun is the only one I'm missing who I care about, and I'd be interested to know how long I could be waiting, in the worst case.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

So talking to a friend and because honkai lore reasons imaginary damage characters will probably be fairly rare, Luocha will be a good pull if you don't have welt. Unfortunately I got Bailu so not sure if I try for Luocha or wait it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Yukong is also imaginary and 4 star