Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Bad people.

Anyway more stuff, I waited over a year looking for a 2nd hand set so I just have to buy a cheapo one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing

EricBauman posted:

What does this mean?

Sorry, got caught up in the Finnish shitposting. Basically there was some gallup ahead of the recent parliamentary election saying that lots of young Finns were planning to vote for the right-wing populist Perussuomalaiset party (persut, or persu in singular), and the guy who founded Varusteleka tweeted that this was because lots of kids who go to ammattikoulu = amis = vocational school (where you train for a hands-on job instead of aiming for higher education) are essentially rednecks who just want to stick it to the man with their vote.

This caused quite a stir online, with lots of vocational school graduates swearing to boycott Varusteleka even after the founder backtracked.

Hope that clears it up some, and apologies to those who don’t come here for FinPol inside jokes.

For content, I got some nerd shirts and sale bits from Uniqlo:

[img][/img]

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Almost broke even with my tax returns but my computer is from 2014 so it was time to get a new one built.

Still stings, but it's gonna be good.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Lmfao it caaaaame

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I got the summer school job I needed so I decided to treat myself to some comfortable footwear. I’ve had a few pairs of knockoff Birkenstocks so I’m excited to have the real deal.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Need some socks in those

mystes
May 31, 2006

Birkensocks

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Coffee And Pie posted:

I got the summer school job I needed so I decided to treat myself to some comfortable footwear. I’ve had a few pairs of knockoff Birkenstocks so I’m excited to have the real deal.

I almost got some of these because I'm a married homeowner and don't give a poo poo anymore.
Decided for some ugly slides instead.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I use crocks as my "I don't wanna put on socks but want slippers" solution.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Aramek posted:

Seems like they’d be really heavy?

mystes
May 31, 2006

Subjunctive posted:

Seems like they’d be really heavy?
I don't know if this is a joke about the misspelling or if you think crocs would be heavier than they are since they are surprisingly light

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Coffee And Pie posted:

Hell yeah I love my Birkenstocks, they’re my house shoes.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Aramek posted:

I've got a friend who's wearing these all the time, including in social settings like dropping the kids at school or when invited somewhere for dinner.

Yes he's rich so he doesn't give a poo poo about anything anymore. Why are you asking?

mystes
May 31, 2006

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

I've got a friend who's wearing these all the time, including in social settings like dropping the kids at school or when invited somewhere for dinner.

Yes he's rich so he doesn't give a poo poo about anything anymore. Why are you asking?
I have a pair of these in black that I wear around the house and they're honestly the best slippers but I'm not quite at the point of wearing them out of the house at least until I buy another pair so I don't track in dirt lol

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

I’d wear these even though I’m poor and dumb as poo poo.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Rolo posted:

I’d wear these even though I’m poor and dumb as poo poo.

Well the good news is they're cheaper than Birks

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

mystes posted:

I have a pair of these in black that I wear around the house and they're honestly the best slippers but I'm not quite at the point of wearing them out of the house at least until I buy another pair so I don't track in dirt lol

I have something like those, they're actually safety shoes with an armored toe. Ugly but so convenient. Modeled after swedish/finnish clogs.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

mystes posted:

I don't know if this is a joke about the misspelling or if you think crocs would be heavier than they are since they are surprisingly light

The former!

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.
We've been over this. The correct answer (for house shoes, at least) is Glerups.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Speaking of shoes I picked up some Allen Edmonds the other weekend and I’m loving these boots.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Trabant posted:

We've been over this. The correct answer (for house shoes, at least) is Glerups.
I have a pair of glerups and the fuzzy Crocs are way more practical

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Sorry about your ugly shoes.

These are on the way because the store sat on their rear end all day yesterday instead of shipping them out though :(

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Best of both worlds, imo.

https://www.birkenstock.com/us/supe...pEaAjiBEALw_wcB

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

His Divine Shadow posted:

I have something like those, they're actually safety shoes with an armored toe. Ugly but so convenient. Modeled after swedish/finnish clogs.

Do you uhhh have a link to these?

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Rolo posted:

Lmfao it caaaaame

So did my cat!

Franco Caution
Jul 18, 2003

Wicked. Tricksy. False.

Catatron Prime posted:

So did my cat!

Did this get linked?

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

Franco Caution posted:

Did this get linked?

It did not! Here ya go: https://www.amazon.com/Nacome-Figurine-Best-Outdoor-Office-Unique-Housewarming/dp/B09J8LTTDF

E: For purchases content, I also bought some Trillium, Bog Onion, and Mayapple from a native plants nursery! Still trying to track down Coral Honeysuckle and Mountain Laurel though

Catatron Prime has a new favorite as of 03:03 on May 6, 2023

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

My £3 extension cord was starting to spark when I unplugged things so I figured I should get a Belkin one that (hopefully) won't burn my house down.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

NewFatMike posted:

Do you uhhh have a link to these?

This is the shoe on the manufacturers site, but I don't know where you'd buy it in the US:
https://www.sievi.com/uk/products/safety-shoes/riff-sbae

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Flea market find, a camping stove that works with alcohol.

Now I can make coffee the old fashioned way. We might do some camping this summer.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
Technically not MY recent purchase, but I finally cashed in the xmas present from the gf:

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

His Divine Shadow posted:

This is the shoe on the manufacturers site, but I don't know where you'd buy it in the US:
https://www.sievi.com/uk/products/safety-shoes/riff-sbae

Appreciated!

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I got ANOTHER Osprey bag, but this one rules for general traveling more-so than backpacking.

46 liters, laptop sleeve, all of the straps store into a duffel bag configuration and it’s carry-on size. I fly standby when I go on vacation so checking bags is a no-no for me and I’m tired of taking suitcases on trips where I walk more with my bag.

tentawesome
May 14, 2010

Please don't troll me online

to read while floating on this:

and to dry off with this:

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

I’ve had an osprey porter 46 for over ten years now and I use it over basically everything else I own other than legit backpacking trips. Such a well designed bag and it looks no worse for the wear despite being to multiple continents and thrown around like a rag doll for a decade plus. Hell I even used as my in-a-pinch backcountry snowboarding bag a few days this year. Great buy

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Hell yeah! I went to an REI on a whim cause I’m tired of using a roller bag when I go to Europe, especially if I’m gonna be taking public transportation and walking a lot.

Glad I stumbled into the perfect thing for my situation.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Great book

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

Bunch of stuff.

New pressure washer hose & handle for the old 1970s pressure washer I've been rebuilding

Gas burner for cooking with a proper wok

Giraffe
Dec 12, 2005

Soiled Meat

Rolo posted:

Lmfao it caaaaame

Our cat seems unimpressed by the imposter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Giraffe posted:

Our cat seems unimpressed by the imposter.

Lol love it