Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Meanwhile Ghinzani is like “I’d rather be at the back of the F1 grid than not in it at all.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Russell is a hack and the one cool thing he did last race isn’t going to make up for most of last season where he said he’d be in the fight for wins “The next round” for 8 consecutive races, only to eat poo poo every time. He wisely stopped after Spa.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

it's called motor racing froggo

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
just set the order of the season at testing and then do 30 lap parades behind the safety car at every track

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

the milk machine posted:

just set the order of the season at testing and then do 30 lap parades behind the safety car at every track

they do that already and put Ferrari first but they find a way through sheer grit and Italian ingenuity to fight their way to 4th

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
George Russell is a dickhead
Max is a whiny baby

Neither of them are good drivers.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Max is the best driver on the grid by a fair margin, and Russell is probably top 6 or so.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Max is like Lewis he only knows how to start in front Nando told ke so.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

norris is secretly the best driver right now and yuki is the dark horse

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Frond posted:

He seems really sensitive.

He absolutely is. He also wanted me to teach his son how to change a jet in his carburettor, which he repeatedly insisted that he himself knew how to do, and shouldn't just change the jet but that I should teach his son how to do it in detail, which he absolutely knew how to do and he would do it himself but he can't and I should because he is busy doing "?????" at the kart club track in the middle of nowhere.

I mean I could absolutely could have read that situation wrong but I think by the third time he brought up that he knew how to change the jet but I should teach his son how to do it I kind of read between the lines that I should explain it to a kid in such a way that he can tell his father how to do it.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

ArmZ posted:

norris is secretly the best driver right now

this is the truth and it's gonna blow peoples minds when he's in a top car one day

edit: :lando:

Personal Lucubrant
Oct 18, 2016

Just thinking about what to do with all the money I don't have.
Relevant George Russell content.

|--------------⚠ Allergy Warning ⚠---------------|
|This link contains content from Reddit.|
|--------------------------------------------------------------|

https://old.reddit.com/r/formuladank/comments/138irgy/made_a_georpedo_edition_of_oops_i_did_it_again/

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Personal Lucubrant posted:

Relevant George Russell content.

|--------------⚠ Allergy Warning ⚠---------------|
|This link contains content from Reddit.|
|--------------------------------------------------------------|

https://old.reddit.com/r/formuladank/comments/138irgy/made_a_georpedo_edition_of_oops_i_did_it_again/

That Sainz COTA crash is still the dumbest thing I've seen in the past 5 years of incredibly bad driving in F1.

He's a very bad driver.

Moon LLC
Mar 27, 2010

Frond posted:

Russell is a hack and the one cool thing he did last race isn’t going to make up for most of last season where he said he’d be in the fight for wins “The next round” for 8 consecutive races, only to eat poo poo every time. He wisely stopped after Spa.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

George is going to have a bad weekend because he has to get up super early to put on union jack face paint before watching the coronation live

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Simplex posted:

I would say if you 7 to 8 tenths a lap slower than a car you ain't in a race with them. And it's pretty common in F1 that slower cars don't want to get tangled up with faster cars and compromise their own race.

Perhaps the cunty frog should have used those extra 7 to 8 tenths a lap to qualify in a better position so he wasn't scrapping on the first lap :shrug:

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Simplex posted:

I would say if you 7 to 8 tenths a lap slower than a car you ain't in a race with them. And it's pretty common in F1 that slower cars don't want to get tangled up with faster cars and compromise their own race.

If you're .7-.8 slower but defend well enough against the faster car that they run into a wall then you become the faster car instead

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Maybe Max will have another meh weekend and Checo will take the WDC lead.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

you're basically saying if your car is slower then you don't get to try overtaking a faster car? might as well just only have qualy in that case

Sharl WDC yes boys!!!

marshalljim posted:

Maybe Max will have another meh weekend and Checo will take the WDC lead.

Inshallah

TheBacon fucked around with this message at 18:45 on May 5, 2023

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

ArmZ posted:

norris is secretly the best driver right now

It's not a secret OP

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

George is going to have a bad weekend because he has to get up super early to put on union jack face paint before watching the coronation live

I'll eat a sixer if George doesn't mention the coronation or the royal family at some point this weekend.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
When does FP1 start.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Arc Hammer posted:

When does FP1 start.

In 4 minutes.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Highlghts so far -
Logan with the Florida flag on the helmet
Tyreek Hill in full race suit

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

george harping on steering because the car's still raw and it's FP1, max running off track just to make sure it's there like it was last year or something

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

bunch of words about logan bogan binman sargent

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
oh good logan cant move his head

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
DEVRIES SPIN

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

danny ric spotted

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Albon is leading the season on sick drifts I think

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

the milk machine posted:

They tried this at spa once, but even fewer laps

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Nico... :smith:

Harry Lime
Feb 27, 2008

based on some of the chatter from other drivers about zero grip off line I don't think that's the last one like that we see this weekend

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Harry Lime posted:

based on some of the chatter from other drivers about zero grip off line I don't think that's the last one like that we see this weekend
Looking forward to another series of red flags culminating in a 2-lap sprint to the end between 3 cars.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
sam collins talking about which parts got "hulkenbroken" lmao

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
i like sam collins a lot. he owns imo

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Harry Lime posted:

ugh they said this last year too. race gonna be bad. stupid FDOT.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

the milk machine posted:

i like sam collins a lot. he owns imo

:hai:

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

the milk machine posted:

sam collins talking about which parts got "hulkenbroken" lmao
HULK SMASHED

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

this is a pro collins thread we like all collins any collins haters can vacate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Grimson posted:

this is a pro collins thread we like all collins any collins haters can vacate
Solid. A girl I knew at university's last name was Collins, she was lovely. Just great Collinses all around.