Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

IcePhoenix posted:

Heidi literally found an idol in this week's episode, yes.

no no no not her, someone else has had an idol for a really long time and hasn't been fleshed yet. She was crowing about that this episode, after Danny's recap I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Nystral posted:

no no no not her, someone else has had an idol for a really long time and hasn't been fleshed yet. She was crowing about that this episode, after Danny's recap I think.

do you mean Jamie's fake idol which got voted out of the game with Kane

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Lampsacus posted:

Tbh I am watching this season very loosely. Australia survivor burned me out a bit on it, and tbh George playing so psychotically hard soured survivor for me for a bit. So I don't really know what's happening but loving the physical comedy of Yam Yam and Caroline/Carolyn. And also whoever just won the foot edge immunity has great facial expressions too.

Go... Any of them!

Australian Survivor did kind of also burn me out on this season. But probably for the opposite reasons. Australian Survivor was pretty refreshing for me and Survivor. They didn't rehide the idols after the merge & there were no other advantages in the game. They just let the Survivors play Survivor.

Of course I still watch every week because it's still Survivor.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

nexous posted:

What has anyone done, really. Danny has his idol play. Frannie has challenge wins. Carolyn ran her own game early after being dismissed by everyone. Everyone else is pretty off the radar.
Yam Yam is very on the radar overcoming being a target and then successfully playing the middle for a couple of votes while eliminating those who voted for him.

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

tika 3 beautifully playing the middle these past 2 eps, gotta take out danny next tho

gotta say other than carolyn and franny i really don’t know anything at all about the remaining women
This is where it gets interesting though, next episode. I think they were probably correct in hitting that same Ratu tribe again since that bloc had an idol* and an extra vote. You don't really want to vote out Danny too soon and then have that Ratu trio intact with that much power. Now though, can you even vote out Danny if you want to? You just burned Ratu, and actually burned them two votes in a row, if anyone from Soka wants to expose that they knew about the idol play on Franny in advance. If you go swear to Ratu you're with them voting out Danny, why should they believe you? They need to hope that Ratu is desperate and that Danny/Franny/Heidi don't bother courting them and prefer to just keep picking them off. But we already know Franny was eyeing breaking up Tika for playing the middle. <--- This stuff is the fun stuff about this game to me, glad the twists have finally cooled down enough to be able to churn around these thoughts

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

IcePhoenix posted:

do you mean Jamie's fake idol which got voted out of the game with Kane

You are correct it was Jamie. I somehow missed it was a fake though. Thank you.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

uh. no

Carolyn still has a real one from the birdcage.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
Jamie is the one who does the fake wand checklist poo poo like she's in a Disney commercial, right? I can't really tell her and Heidi apart.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

mp5 posted:

uh. no

Carolyn still has a real one from the birdcage.

Carolyn wasn't crowing about it this week though, that's why I assumed Jamie

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Danny enters the puzzle part of the challenge with a sizeable lead, isn't shown again until he's saying how much it sucks to lose.

I'm sort of sick of him, he was giving me Tony energy at first but it's feeling increasingly more babyman to me instead.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Danny enters the puzzle part of the challenge with a sizeable lead, isn't shown again until he's saying how much it sucks to lose.

I'm sort of sick of him, he was giving me Tony energy at first but it's feeling increasingly more babyman to me instead.

When he lost to Frannie last week it sealed the deal for me. He was a huge cry baby to barely acknowledge her then yell gently caress

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
-One year I'd like the family letters challenge to just be the winner, or just invite one person. Not this drawn out invite 3 people thing they do every time.

-Who thought nerdy Frannie would be the one constantly winning challenges?

-Getting drunk when you've barely been eating for weeks sounds like an awful idea.

-So they're seals for this challenge? Little hand and feet flippers? Okay then. Seems a lot easier for the dudes since they don't have boobs.

Really sad to see Frannie go, I liked her when sh wasn't with Matt. Danny needs to go.

jeff
Dec 1, 2002
huh

SteveVizsla posted:

Jamie is the one who does the fake wand checklist poo poo like she's in a Disney commercial, right? I can't really tell her and Heidi apart.

Disney commercial is too real because she looked like Minnie Mouse tonight with her hair buns and red shirt with white polka dots

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
I don't think letters from home should ever be gated behind a challenge.

Food and a real bed to sleep in is enough of a reward. Give everybody their letters.

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

not a good ep for carolyn's resume but she looks like she's out for blood in next week's preview

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

TheCenturion posted:

Food and a real bed to sleep in is enough of a reward. Give everybody their letters.

Or bring back the option for the winner to give up their letter to give everyone else theirs.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lol I had a feeling that Carson was going to end up overplaying and get voted out this week so I swapped him to my bench and whoops it was a 3D puzzle challenge

At least Frannie and Matt get to hang out in Ponderosa together now :)

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I actually forgot to update so I think I still had Kane in. Whoops

I was pretty surprised how at this moment these tribal lines just completely evaporated and none of the stuff about like whose side is Tika going to be on or so forth had any relevance, but they still all stayed safe just because people were more worried about Franny and Danny.

A few instances of people not believing true things (what Heidi said about the Franny vote, and what Jaime said about her idol) that got both those people in trouble. It's funny that players are more willing to be like "wow this is totally unexpected of Jaime, she has another gear I never anticipated she had" than to actually consider what she's saying could be true. Lauren could confirm it too, at least the extra vote part. v:shobon:v

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

not a good ep for carolyn's resume but she looks like she's out for blood in next week's preview
Yam yam and Carson specifically talked about how that would happen, then did it anyway, so I hope they're prepared for her wrath

Danny idols Franny and then two votes later leads the charge against her while she's onboard for a vote on him. Whatever works I guess. Seems dumb to me that those two wouldn't think they need each other, though. Danny's run has to be nearing its end...... unless he wins and that's why Probst loves the season.

Nobody in this challenge employed the Maryanne "counterspin" move where you spin the opposite way to de-dizzy yourself. She swears it works!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Fast Luck posted:

Danny's run has to be nearing its end...... unless he wins and that's why Probst loves the season.

Ugh I hate that you put this into the world because I am now dreading the very real possibility that it's true.

I was gonna do power rankings but this cast has so many nobodies that I don't even know how to split them up right now.

E: gently caress it, let's give it a shot so I can look back on it later

Carson
Danny

Carolyn

Yam Yam

Jamie
Heidi
Lauren

Honestly I feel lovely putting the three women of color on the bottom like that but given what we've seen so far and what's left in the game I don't know what any of them can do to pass any of the four above them. I suppose it's possible that Heidi could pull out an idol play that shoots her stock up. I'm probably overrating Carolyn because of entertainment value and hometown rooting bias but she also has an idol and has been much more visible wrt strategy throughout the show.

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 17:32 on May 4, 2023

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

TheCenturion posted:

They've done it before. Kaoh Rong had people choose what to compete for, and one option was a letter from home (or not having enough money at an auction, etc.)

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

TheCenturion posted:

Letters was always a drag but in the new survivor when they're only gone for a couple weeks, like, give me a break. Cut the letters and tv tears, bring back auction.

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

E: gently caress it, let's give it a shot so I can look back on it later

Carson

When Carson started selling merch at the start of the season and then had to almost immediately pull it offline I was suspicious he might be the winner - now I'm almost certain of it.

Too bad about Frannie she's one of the most likable players but as long as Danny doesn't win I'll think of this as a Good Season.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I'm surprised we arent' seeing more of a build towards a Carson/Danny confrontation since it seems like they both think they're running the show.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

The preview for next week seems to be positioning Danny in exactly that way.

He's had a little bit of a villain arc in the last couple of weeks. i don't think he's going to last much longer, especially now that he's the top Perceived Challenge Beast still in the game.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Exodor posted:

When Carson started selling merch at the start of the season and then had to almost immediately pull it offline I was suspicious he might be the winner - now I'm almost certain of it.

Either that or he loses at FTC when he feels like he should have won

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

IcePhoenix posted:

Either that or he loses at FTC when he feels like he should have won

Isn't FTC still done immediately when the votes are cast? This isn't the old days when there was a three month delay and a live reunion.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TheCenturion posted:

Isn't FTC still done immediately when the votes are cast? This isn't the old days when there was a three month delay and a live reunion.

He knows he loses and thinks he should have won -> make merch to get fan support -> fans are mad that he lost -> Sia gives him money

the perfect plan

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
Sell merch, piss off Jeff, never get invited back

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

TheCenturion posted:

FTC has always been before votes are cast. The reunion and reading is now right after (Which, funnily enough, is what happened in S1 and then they stopped until 41)

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Studio posted:

FTC has always been before votes are cast. The reunion and reading is now right after (Which, funnily enough, is what happened in S1 and then they stopped until 41)

let's get some more pizza in here

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

I really hope Carson doesn't win. I don't think he will; it looks like people are about to catch on that he's in everybody's ear, so he might have the biggest target of the Tikas.

Also, I'm gonna need a supercut of all Carolyn's challenge mishaps after this season. Just ten minutes of her flopping around, wailing.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Still can’t get over Carolyn and Frannie having all of one person on their side... and voting for that person. Just a spectacular failure. And they did it because Heidi (truthfully) was giving them the intel on Frannie going out. Luckily Carolyn has an idol and can dig her way out of it in a respect earning way (as does Heidi for that matter).

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 19:52 on May 5, 2023

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

IcePhoenix posted:

He knows he loses and thinks he should have won -> make merch to get fan support -> fans are mad that he lost -> Sia gives him money

the perfect plan

Would Sia even give anyone money this season? I guess Carolyn for 14 years sobriety?

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Yeah Carolyn is probably a lock; she's a breakout character with a great personal journey/story. Frannie might be a contender too, or Lauren, or even Danny if he gets some good material before the season ends.

It's still funny to me that Jeff makes the show for himself, a pop star, and children, probably in that order.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Cackling thinking about Jeff having to confirm that she was the Real Sia because she wore an entire broom in front of her face

Exodor
Oct 1, 2004
Has Caroline told anyone about her idol? She seems so spastic but so far she's played a really good game (other than in competitions where she's entertaining but seems to have no chance to win anything).

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Exodor posted:

Has Caroline told anyone about her idol? She seems so spastic but so far she's played a really good game (other than in competitions where she's entertaining but seems to have no chance to win anything).

I don't believe so. She's also basically never mentioned it in confessionals since planting the fake one.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

mp5 posted:

It's still funny to me that Jeff makes the show for himself, a pop star, and children, probably in that order.

And Tyler Perry.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

IcePhoenix posted:

I don't believe so. She's also basically never mentioned it in confessionals since planting the fake one.

Yeah which is where my theory that she’s the only one who knows what she’s doing comes from.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

I read that she played in ORGs, and I wonder what she was like lmao, bet she's fun in those too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Studio posted:

I read that she played in ORGs, and I wonder what she was like lmao, bet she's fun in those too

She plays in Roblox orgs too lmao