Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
For example, I haven’t unlocked the ability to change glider fabrics. If I scan an amino that unlocks a new fabric, I don’t get the fabric to use later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I still haven't found the poe or crystal (from the well frogs) trade in npcs yet. I think i'm bad at walking right past obvious stuff.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

BabyRyoga posted:

I still haven't found the poe or crystal (from the well frogs) trade in npcs yet. I think i'm bad at walking right past obvious stuff.

Crystal I just got lucky and happened to see at night in the right spot wandering around. But the poe boss is right in Lookout Town where some of the nerds are.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

GOTY. No notes.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Seth textures are fixed in new official Ryujinx update..... much less scary down there now lol

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

amazing i made a few dongs but nothing to write home about, this is the real zelda

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

Johnny Postnemonic posted:

None of the amiibo poo poo (the one time special armour and stuff i mean) you got in botw can be unlocked by amiibos in totk, they are all in the base game (dlcs included) now as chest rewards (unsure tho if wolf link or the xenoblade set is in there tho, they might be gone for good tbh, same with the bike but dont let that deter you, game is huge, could be people just havent found them yet)

From what I've heard while digging around the internet, your correct that they can be found in chests in the underground, but the armor at least can still be gotten from the amiibos. It's just that each scan only grants one chest, and it's random whether you get armor, glider fabric, or a random basic weapon. I'm not sure about amiibo weapons. It seems some are still in the game, but if they are granted by amiibos, they seem the least likely to pop up. Could be tied to progression, like Tyma said. Smash and Twilight Link still unlock Epona, but Wolf Link seems to be gone from the game.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Khanstant posted:

Crystal I just got lucky and happened to see at night in the right spot wandering around. But the poe boss is right in Lookout Town where some of the nerds are.

Where was the crystal guy?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Alright, spoil me.

Is it good?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Honestly Ganondorf saying words is still kinda fuckin me up

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

How much content is locked behind stupid plastic figurines that I don’t want?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Alright, spoil me.

Is it good?

imo it’s super loving good and better than BotW by quite a bit and that was already like a top 5 game for me so

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Ogmius815 posted:

How much content is locked behind stupid plastic figurines that I don’t want?

Very little, most of the previously amiibo only gear can now be found in the depths, though usually far from easily. Pretty much just Epona and some special fancy glider skins. Course, there'll probably be something for any new amiibos they make for this game specifically.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

BabyRyoga posted:

Where was the crystal guy?

Apologies, dont know exactly and didn't want to distract with my Swiss cheese memories of vague recall, but:

Saw the monster store balloon and lights at night by some body of water and cave I was going to explore, small quest inside cave, and then I think I ran into em again somewhere near Tarrytown area. The initial area though, I want to say was nearish the center Lookout Town, probably to the northeast because my first goal first days was to reach Tarrytown area.

Seemed like a tutorialish quest they want you to find early on and introduce caving and reward loop, but I assumed the Korok trader guy would be the same and I still haven't found him lol. Not that I've exactly looked yet, I have so many quests and even more oooh what's that's to chase first.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

So far all of the annoyances of BOTW are still dulling the experience for me here. Managing your stamina is boring bullshit and it's way too low in the beginning; how is this any fun? I've already run into enemies that are too spongey for my level of gear. Not by much, but enough to make the combat not worth engaging in for certain mobs. Also the ragdoll bullshit can go in the bin, I don't need Link to ragdoll for 10 seconds and ragdolling Bokoblins off of platforms just so I have to chase them down to finish them is annoying. The combat is still too basic.

Exploration is loving ace though, I just keep running into new poo poo and enemies.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

It's kind of weird how much of the marketing focuses on the sky islands when they're honestly a pretty small portion of the game. Comparatively, the depths are massive and were kept a near complete secret for some reason.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

sigher posted:

So far all of the annoyances of BOTW are still dulling the experience for me here. Managing your stamina is boring bullshit and it's way too low in the beginning; how is this any fun? I've already run into enemies that are too spongey for my level of gear. Not by much, but enough to make the combat not worth engaging in for certain mobs. Also the ragdoll bullshit can go in the bin, I don't need Link to ragdoll for 10 seconds and ragdolling Bokoblins off of platforms just so I have to chase them down to finish them is annoying. The combat is still too basic.

Exploration is loving ace though, I just keep running into new poo poo and enemies.

I put almost all my early upgrades into stamina for this reason, it makes exploration more doable and combat more of a challenge and less tedious because you have to avoid it more

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Anyone know how to open this door in the wind temple? I thought I could move the lever but it doesn't work and it seems I can't find another way in.

e: nevermind, lol, complaining on the internet as usual fixed it

Wiltsghost fucked around with this message at 22:44 on May 5, 2023

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

sigher posted:

I never thought stamina was too low at the start of BotW. If anything, it could've been taken down a quarter. One wheel is enough to climb pretty much anything of you're smart about finding less steep inclines to dash up the wall.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Infinity Gaia posted:

It's kind of weird how much of the marketing focuses on the sky islands when they're honestly a pretty small portion of the game. Comparatively, the depths are massive and were kept a near complete secret for some reason.

It was very smart. It will be a big discussion on social media which will reach more than their advertising ever would (DID YOU KNOW YOU COULD DO THIS IN TOTK?) and also everyone loves a good midpoint reversal, feeling they got more than they paid for, renewing the mystery when its getting stale, etc

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

BOTW is not a game to sprint through but that's hard since zelda had moved into a linear "walk toward the objective" type gameplay. kinda like death stranding you have to enjoy watching your guy's climbing animation because he's on the path you set out for him

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
BotW you could beat after the start by skipping most of the content and going straight to the castle and gliding and climbing up the outside without a single fight. The tricky part is getting food and weapons but the fight itself isn't that hard, just harder to do without weapons and mistake cushions.

I gave it my best shot in BotW but was always a few arrows or apples short and didn't want to keep trying and spoil the rest of the game. No idea where I'd even go for the big fight in this one... I guess the castle, above or below if not but just haven't even tried. Way too distracted with everything else.

My favourite running gag is Zelda farting away into the sky and people's reactions to it

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Anyone know any solutions to this? Yuzu seems to be running perfectly other than cloud textures.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Infinitum posted:

Anyone know any solutions to this? Yuzu seems to be running perfectly other than cloud textures.

Get the latest Ryujinx dirty build

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

alternately play on a real switch which has none of these problems and runs fantastically

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

An Actual Princess posted:

alternately play on a real switch which has none of these problems and runs fantastically

You're right, but paying ~$300 for an original Switch is pointless when you can emulate the whole thing for $400 with a Deck and it runs better than 540px20fps.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

if you don't still have your launch day switch shame on you. you've disappointed nintendo.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

I have a launch Switch but looking up how to mod it seemed like a pain in the rear end compared to how easy I remember missing DS and Wii to be, and likely to get banned if you mess up.

Plus I don't like playing on the actual Switch anyway if I can avoid it.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Infinitum posted:

clouds are just an Issue at the moment. otherwise yuzu is in most regards better.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Gamerofthegame posted:

clouds are just an Issue at the moment. otherwise yuzu is in most regards better.

no.. it's really not. There are no cloud issues

I got a mod edit before so I can't link files. But get Ryujinx dirty build, it's very easy to google

e: actually, youtube seems to be the go to now for quick, pirate videos lol

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Infinitum posted:

Yuzu (unless it was improved a lot in the last ~24 hours) also has various issues once you reach the surface. Seems like there are weird issues with shadows and foliage. The performance is great, though.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Gamerofthegame posted:

Ryujinx

at a smooth 30 fps.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

lol the lack of transparency around text. disgusting.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

lol the lack of transparency around text. disgusting.

One of my biggest shames in life was not buying a Switch until the lockdown.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Ryujinx has better clouds but on the other hand all of its rocks have ugly as hell white squares on them. In the end, both emulators have issues right now.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Infinity Gaia posted:

Ryujinx has better clouds but on the other hand all of its rocks have ugly as hell white squares on them. In the end, both emulators have issues right now.

It is kinda funny we're arguing over things on a game that isn't even released yet lol

But poo poo I'd never play the Yuzu version if it looks like that. You can play both for a reason

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Infinity Gaia posted:

In the end, both emulators have issues right now.

Yeah this is where I'm at I think.

Just gonna wait until someone ITT goes "Emulator X is at 60fps+ with no graphical errors" and away I go.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I have been playing on a switch and it genuinely runs better than botw at launch, even if it achieves that by being very aggressive with the dynamic resolution.

EDIT: Apparently the preload includes a 1.1.0 patch, which can be installed to the leaked version

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

TOTK update 1.1 does make the graphics look way better at least

This is not going to end well... lol

Barreft fucked around with this message at 00:41 on May 6, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Infinity Gaia posted:

it's also v system dependent, of course

vulkan-yuzu will run quite quickly but (at least) had the most little graphical quibbles, ryujinx is steady but typically runs the worst

that said running around the latest of either ryujinx struggled to 30 fps on my rig and yuzu can do 60 fps without even hitching for shaders and the only issue so far has been wispy clouds, so your mileage may indeed vary

game fun. slow start tho