Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

zone posted:

Tobacco mismanagement

:discourse:

Meduza did a report on how Russia is committing acts of genocide through child abduction and brainwashing

Meduza posted:

‘They teach them to hate their parents’
How the Russian authorities forcibly deport and ‘re-educate’ Ukrainian children.

According to Ukraine’s National Information Bureau, as of the start of May 2023, more than 19,000 Ukrainian children have been deported from occupied territories since the start of the full-scale war. So far, only 364 of these minors have been returned to their parents. In March, the International Criminal Court in The Hague issued an arrest warrant for Vladimir Putin and Russian Children’s Rights Commissioner Maria Lvova-Belova for their alleged complicity in the illegal deportations of children, which the court has recognized as a war crime. The Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe (PACE) also says the documented evidence of the deportations “matches with the international definition of genocide.” The Russian authorities, meanwhile, have claimed that they’re not deporting Ukrainian children but “evacuating” them from the conflict zone for their own safety. In a new article, the Ukrainian outlet Ukrainska Pravda laid out in detail how these deportations work and how the Russian government attempts to indoctrinate deported children into hating Ukraine. In English, Meduza summarizes the report’s main points.

How the forced transfers work
According to reports from witnesses and volunteers, Russia has multiple ways of deporting Ukrainian children to Russia and Russian-controlled territories. The Russian authorities abduct students from orphanages, separate children from their parents at “filtration” camps, and use families’ poor living conditions as a pretext for taking minors from their parents. Russian propaganda, meanwhile, maintains that the children are taken to “recreation camps” in safe areas.

To legalize the process in Russia, the State Duma passed laws simplifying the processes for children and their legal representatives to obtain Russian citizenship and for Russians to adopt Ukrainian children.

“Not one of the decrees issued by Putin contains a paragraph or a rule that says the child’s consent or opinion is required,” explains Oksana Filipishina, a representative for the Ukrainian Helsinki Human Rights Union. “In other words, there’s been no backtracking that would indicate the ‘Putin government’ has tried to adhere to the norms of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child. These are essentially acts of unilateral violence intended to transfer children from one ethnic group to another. And that’s a sign of genocide."

How deported children are 're-educated'.

Occupation authorities in Ukraine’s Kharkiv, Zaporizhzhia, and Kherson regions have frequently offered families free “vacation” vouchers for their children. According to Ukrainska Pravda, many residents have accepted these offers. Children with parents are usually taken to recreational camps or special schools in Russia or in Ukraine’s annexed territories, while orphans are usually sent to boarding schools or medical institutions.

According to human rights workers, after children are separated from their families, they’re immersed in messages like “You don’t need parents” and “You have no future in Ukraine.” “They say that Ukraine has abandoned [the children]. They teach them to hate their parents, and then [to hate] our country, and then to love Russia,” said Miroslava Kharchenko, a lawyer for the Save Ukraine project, which facilitates the return of deported children to Ukraine.

“Every morning, they played the Russian national anthem, and we had to stand for it. Anyone who didn’t stand had to give a written explanation. They also told us from the start that we weren’t allowed to talk about Ukraine,” said Ekaterina, a 13-year-old from Kherson who asked her parents to let her go to a camp in Yevpatoria. She was initially told she would spend just two weeks there, but the authorities refused to let her go back to her parents after the Russian military fled Kherson.

“Valery Astakhov, the head of security, said that they were going to bomb Kyiv, and that Kherson would become Russian again. When we asked when they would send us home, they wouldn’t give a clear answer. There were also rumors that they might send us to a boarding school. That was the scariest part,” Ekaterina told Ukrainska Pravda.

A 16-year-old from Beryslav named Vitaly who was sent to a camp in Crimea told journalists: “When they brought us there, they said, ‘Ukraine is made up of terrorists who kill people.’ They beat us with rods for saying, ‘Glory to Ukraine!’ They cursed at us and called us ‘khokhols’ [a derogatory term for Ukrainians]. When one girl hung a Ukrainian flag in her room, they burned it.”

The older teenagers said they did their best to resist the Russian propaganda and the camps’ “re-education” techniques. “When they played the Russian national anthem, we played the Ukrainian national anthem through our headphones and listened to that,” said Vitaly.

“On New Year’s, they showed us Putin’s address, and some people left the room and started shouting, ‘Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!’ said 16-year-old Taisia from Kherson. She told journalists that children who refused to obey their instructors were locked in “isolation rooms” for multiple days. “It’s a room with a bed. They put you there, take your phone, lock the door, and you sit in the empty room,” she said.

Many younger children were influenced by the propaganda, according to Ukrainska Pravda. Some of them reportedly began expressing support for Russia, wearing t-shirts with the letter Z, and stopped wanting to return home. Others continued to talk about how life in the camps was “wonderful” even after going back to Ukraine, saying that they were “well-fed and taken on excursions throughout Crimea.”

“What are their recent memories of Ukraine? Shelling, the cold, death. So, some of them didn’t want to go back,” said Oksana Filipishina. “But that’s manipulation. First, they came to our land, killed [the children’s] parents, bombed homes, forced people to starve and to lose everything… And now they’re ‘liberators.’”

https://meduza.io/en/feature/2023/05/04/they-teach-them-to-hate-their-parents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

The_Franz posted:

His toilet is filthy.

A man's toilet is a window into his souls

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1654526682416533505
We're so scared of a new bunch of tiktok soldiers and sunshine patriots. :rolleye:

numptyboy
Sep 6, 2004
somewhat pleasant

Dr. Quarex posted:

Seriously though Gonzalo how did you even get your hair to do that

Must be horse cum.

Why the gently caress is that guy even in Ukraine? Wasnt he worried about Nato assasins or some poo poo?

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001
Sex tourism

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

The dons are off the chart lately

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/NOELreports/status/1654526682416533505
We're so scared of a new bunch of tiktok soldiers and sunshine patriots. :rolleye:

This whole warlord high school level drama/soap opera is so loving stupid and cringe. It would almost be funny if not for the fact that innocent people are dying every day due to this incredibly dumb poo poo.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Ah finally the chechnyan Special Operations TikTok Reconnaissance forces will break the siege of bakhmut

numptyboy
Sep 6, 2004
somewhat pleasant

TheBuilder posted:

Sex tourism

Still trying to get laid?
Anyways, It doesnt look like gets out much, maybe he'll have a better social life in prison

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

Ah finally the chechnyan Special Operations TikTok Reconnaissance forces will break the siege of bakhmut

But....who will hold back all the fleeing Russian infantry?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Tiny Timbs posted:

What’s his forums name

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Lol, are there too many possibilities?

zone
Dec 6, 2016

WAR CRIME GIGOLO posted:

I wonder if there are even any street lights or traffic lights left for the stupid fucks to shoot at.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
I can't listen to anything from Kadyrov for longer than 30 or so seconds because the constant dondondondondon drives me up the wall, dude is worried shitless and rightfully so because his speech is like 50% dons-by-volume at this point

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

The more troops kadyrov has to sacrifice into the putin appeasement grinder, the less he has to commit terrorism against his populace to keep them in line. Eventually they might realise they can overthrow him.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Wait lmao that Gonzalo sack of poo poo was posting his lies * from Ukraine * ??

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Ayn Marx posted:

tankies are not, shall we say, smart

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

HonorableTB posted:

tankies are not, shall we say, smart

(from Lira just a few weeks ago) "The Russians have yet to commit their actual army, the good army, which would utterly crush Ukraine, because they wish to minimize civilian casualties" might seem like an obvious tell to even unwary viewers but I guess there's no deficiency of non-smart people either.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

the popes toes posted:

(from Lira just a few weeks ago) "The Russians have yet to commit their actual army, the good army, which would utterly crush Ukraine, because they wish to minimize civilian casualties" might seem like an obvious tell to even unwary viewers but I guess there's no deficiency of non-smart people either.

Lol I've literally been hearing this "Russia hasn't even shown Ukraine their final form!" poo poo since last summer

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

the popes toes posted:

(from Lira just a few weeks ago) "The Russians have yet to commit their actual army, the good army, which would utterly crush Ukraine, because they wish to minimize civilian casualties"

That's why they are sending in convicted rapists and murderers

zone
Dec 6, 2016

the popes toes posted:

This cope of a secret Russian army composed of thousands of Su-57s and tens of thousands of Armatas is never not funny no matter how often it gets repeated by idiotic Pro-Russians.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
The dumbest tankie take i've seen thus far was that Russia was intentionally deploying its worst soldiers and equipment to streamline the rest of their military modernization and that Ukraine destroying thousands of armored vehicles just helped Russia because now they didn't have to get rid of them themselves.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Ayn Marx posted:

Yeah, nominally he was there to cruise for underage women (not even making that up, he's a real piece of poo poo), but I have no idea why he'd still be there after his first runin with Ukrainian police.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

Deki posted:

Yeah, nominally he was there to cruise for underage women (not even making that up, he's a real piece of poo poo), but I have no idea why he'd still be there after his first runin with Ukrainian police.

My theory is that he was really gambling on Kharkiv falling when it was under siege for months last year, and welp

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Kadyrov either sounds stoned as gently caress or high as gently caress on some other poo poo

Like he's doing the hapsburgian mumble and it's really getting to me I cannot listen to him speak like holy fivk

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
He was probably still waiting to be "liberated" by that invisible Russian army

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Jack_Mrgln/status/1654479701182758912
Or maybe your soldiers aren't very good and you only took territory because you used prisoners as cannon fodder?

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

If we weren't so propagandized by the real imperialists, we'd understand that the Lira arrest clearly proves there's no freedom of speech allowed in Ukraine, unlike say, Russia.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

the popes toes posted:

If we weren't so propagandized by the real imperialists, we'd understand that the Lira arrest clearly proves there's no freedom of speech allowed in Ukraine, unlike say, Russia.

Russia is the freeist country in the world and I'll arrest and gulag anyone who says otherwise.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
https://twitter.com/JayinKyiv/status/1654501232734617601?s=20

My favorite part is the porter of his apartment building fist bumping the SBU team because he's finally getting rid of that jerk.

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/Jack_Mrgln/status/1654479701182758912
Or maybe your soldiers aren't very good and you only took territory because you used prisoners as cannon fodder?

That couch and phone… I hope the 100 year old lady who was living there is safe.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

TheBuilder posted:

Captain Redpill just got demoted

:perfect:

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
this should be the css background image for this thread for the next week

edit: sad lira about one minute after signing his guilty plea lmao

HonorableTB fucked around with this message at 19:47 on May 5, 2023

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
LOL apparently Donbas Devushka is the one that sold out Lira..the first tweet here is from April 17. The second is from today

https://twitter.com/SarahAshtonLV/status/1648145834553352193?s=20

https://twitter.com/SarahAshtonLV/status/1654522206888525825?s=20

This person likes media attention a bit much but she posts tremendous content from time to time. I'll overlook twitter cringe if it resulted in Lira getting owned

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

lmfao

Oh this is just too perfect.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

lmfao

Oh this is just too perfect.
Yeah if I still used Twitter I would be posting that in reply to every one of his posts going back forever

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
Happy Friday everyone, I've brought you some exotic-research-chemicals-bought-online quality copium

prepare your psychic armor

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Russians with attitude*

* The attitude is one of defeated nihilism

My Spirit Otter
Jun 15, 2006

CANADA DOESN'T GET PENS LIKE THIS

SKILCRAFT KREW Reppin' Quality Blind Made American Products. Bitch.

steinrokkan posted:

Russians with attitude*

* The attitude is one of defeated nihilism

that went without saying. depressed nihilist has been the go-to russian peasant stereotype for the last 150 years

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

My Spirit Otter posted:

that went without saying. depressed nihilist has been the go-to russian peasant stereotype for the last 150 years

That old joke that goes "1000 years of Russian history can be summed up in a single phrase: "..and then it got worse." because you could append that phrase to the end of every major historical event for Russia and it would not only be accurate, but comically so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zone
Dec 6, 2016

HonorableTB posted:

Happy Friday everyone, I've brought you some exotic-research-chemicals-bought-online quality copium

prepare your psychic armor

Watching these two reprobates coping during Ukraine's counteroffensive will be satisfying enough.