Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
There is also a 4* Imaginary character on the way Yukong but they could end up on the same banner as Luocha anyway.

efb

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doug Sisk
Sep 11, 2001
All of these hidden missions are great, but I may be stuck on one. I got a message from Hook saying she was stuck at home doing homework, and it ended with me saying I would go there to help her and she agreed. No mission kicked off, but I have found her hanging around north of fightclub with no mention of homework. Is there somewhere else I can go, or is it just a dead-end conversation? I have no idea where her house is, and these messages usually go somewhere though.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Doug Sisk posted:

All of these hidden missions are great, but I may be stuck on one. I got a message from Hook saying she was stuck at home doing homework, and it ended with me saying I would go there to help her and she agreed. No mission kicked off, but I have found her hanging around north of fightclub with no mention of homework. Is there somewhere else I can go, or is it just a dead-end conversation? I have no idea where her house is, and these messages usually go somewhere though.

all of the companions also have interactions where they have a little chat with you and then you get 5-10 jades

there's no quest follow up its just for flavor

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

MechaX posted:

how much money would this actually cost

There's a lot of factors going into it, depending on how early you hit a 5*, if you win the 50/50, how many 4*s you pull during it (because if you have them capped each one gives you 1 additional roll if you use it for that) but my total ended up being ~310$, but almost all of that was in gift cards from my job. If you lost every 50/50 and hit full 90 pity every time the cost is about 2000$, so it can be insane.

I would never go that hard on a gacha ever, I only went hard on Seele because I really liked the arc + I hit E2 extremely luckily. I was gonna go E4 and then that came super fast too so I said heck it and used the rest of my gacha gift card budget on E6ing her. These games are brutal if you chase, especially without thinking about it.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Yeah if you get like 5 stellar jade from it, it's just a cute little lore conversation

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
I love the texts and I am going to be sad when they drop up. I hope they stealth add some in and not just in patches if there is a finite amount we may reach. I look forward to them each day and it makes the game feel even more alive compared to something like Genshin. You feel like you actually made friends along the way instead of like "well it's time for Venti to show up and say 6 lines once every 5 months" or something

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

The text messages are cute. I like that Bronya was given a cell phone and immediately took to texting like a grandma complete with use of glittery flower stickers.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"

MotU posted:

I love the texts and I am going to be sad when they drop up. I hope they stealth add some in and not just in patches if there is a finite amount we may reach. I look forward to them each day and it makes the game feel even more alive compared to something like Genshin. You feel like you actually made friends along the way instead of like "well it's time for Venti to show up and say 6 lines once every 5 months" or something

It’s amazing how little things like this can make such a huge difference in terms of immersion.

I hope other rpg designers are looking at this game because there’s a lot of smart things the game is doing that I would love other rpgs to implement.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I love leaving Sampo in the cold in every text conversation.

Sorry, buddy, I have to shower.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
I love that they’re using Star Rail to promote science

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-x7vGOdm9M

Video is with a Nobel Prize Physicist talking science stuff.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

After the nightmare of World 3, World 4 was basically free. Felt like a reward for getting that far.

I also got the 5* healer Light Cone from the standard banner, which seems extremely good. I'd have preferred a character but Natasha actually adding some team support DPS is nice.

Now I just need to decide which Herta cone to get. Is there any consensus on priorities for those? Tempted to go for the Hunt one for More Seele Crits.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Xalidur posted:

After the nightmare of World 3, World 4 was basically free. Felt like a reward for getting that far.

I also got the 5* healer Light Cone from the standard banner, which seems extremely good. I'd have preferred a character but Natasha actually adding some team support DPS is nice.

Now I just need to decide which Herta cone to get. Is there any consensus on priorities for those? Tempted to go for the Hunt one for More Seele Crits.

Hunt is probably best of the lot. Destruction sounds good but ATK% buffs are kinda bad. And the Preservation one is just kinda mediocre.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Infinity Gaia posted:

Hunt is probably best of the lot. Destruction sounds good but ATK% buffs are kinda bad. And the Preservation one is just kinda mediocre.

Main problem with the Preservation one is that as far as I can tell, the BP one is extremely sick, and I'll probably buy the BP since this game rules.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Vitamean posted:

I ran into space npr trying to talk to pom pom and stood there for like five minutes listening to them talk. happy new year, everybody!

An Amber Era is closer to a century than a year, so the broadcast was more like the tone of "happy new millennium!" or whatever from 2000. That's actually why I looked up Amber Eras in the first place, since there's a line in the prologue where Kafka comments that Herta was active in the previous Amber Era and therefore must be over a hundred years old.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

yea got blocked out at world 3 as well.
does Pela help remove that crazy rear end shield off him

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

GateOfD posted:

yea got blocked out at world 3 as well.
does Pela help remove that crazy rear end shield off him

She does not. What worked for me was hard focusing on survivability/Preservation above all else. I was set up to the point that he basically couldn't kill me, so I eventually won by attrition. It was a long battle.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
the icy one apparently breaks the game if you go all in with march+pela+icy-budget-seele-boy and just hard stun even W6 but that's definitely more making use of your rolls then a strat

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

You know, I have no idea why you can block people or set nicknames for them on your friends list when unlike Genshin it seems like you can't message them or anything. Guess they just copied the friend framework wholesale

Karanas
Jul 17, 2011

Euuuuuuuugh
Welp, pulled Selee on my second roll on her banner. I acknowledge the message from the game and am stopping right the gently caress now to hoard my tickets in preparation for Kafka.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Wow Luocha's dialogue is at a level of not remotely matching the subtitles that gives me kind of an old Genshin vibe

Not the biggest deal but I found it interesting

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Clarste posted:

An Amber Era is closer to a century than a year, so the broadcast was more like the tone of "happy new millennium!" or whatever from 2000. That's actually why I looked up Amber Eras in the first place, since there's a line in the prologue where Kafka comments that Herta was active in the previous Amber Era and therefore must be over a hundred years old.

cheers. happy new year century millennium.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

You know, I have no idea why you can block people or set nicknames for them on your friends list when unlike Genshin it seems like you can't message them or anything. Guess they just copied the friend framework wholesale

there's a chat system coming in 1.1 apparently

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

I wouldn't get super hung up on Imaginary, all indications are that we're going to get multiple 4*s of the element in the next few patches.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Leaks also said console version of hsr will come next patch.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

hopefully with the chat system we can all put Viridian Malva Nut's wise words into practice

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Hell yeah can't wait to play this phone game on literally anything but a phone. Can't believe there isn't even controller support!?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

that's ridiculous, they have perfectly good controller support set up on PC so why doesn't the mobile version support it? heck i set up moonlight to play HSR on it last night and it felt great

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

I play on Steam Deck via Moonlight about 90% of the time myself, but unlike Genshin the game doesn't play too badly on mobile. Looking forward to PS5 version anyway to cut out the middleman when I don't specifically need it to be portable.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

someone awful. posted:

that's ridiculous, they have perfectly good controller support set up on PC so why doesn't the mobile version support it? heck i set up moonlight to play HSR on it last night and it felt great

Bribery, apple has sole rights to controller support for genshin

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Beat the second difficulty of SU3 just now, wasn't really that bad. Didn't seem like it had any extra gimmicks added to the boss fight either.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Tae posted:

Bribery, apple has sole rights to controller support for genshin

wow that sucks!

Harvey Baldman
Jan 11, 2011

ATTORNEY AT LAW
Justice is bald, like an eagle, or Lady Liberty's docket.

I'm at 75/90 wishes with a guaranteed pity on the limited banner right now and I'm not sure if I want to pull the trigger and get Seele or wait and see if there are better options on the upcoming banners.

This is what I'm working with. Would love thoughts.

Vastakaiun
Apr 16, 2008

I'll never have luck like this again in my life

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Harvey Baldman posted:

and I'm not sure if I want to pull the trigger and get Seele or wait and see if there are better options on the upcoming banners
You currently have two single-target DPS/nuke characters in your roster, with phoenixgirl and !lancer. If you have played with both of them but feel you're still lacking in the crucial single-target burst DPS role, pull away.

If you feel fine with your single-target damage output, hodl imo, but definitely at least play seee's trial a handful of times to decide whether you really like the character/animations/lines/etc first.

Pull with your heart over the meta, always.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

in terms of the meta the character after seele is an insanely strong aoe damage dealer that also has strong single target so he seems like hes going to be really good, and silver wolf and kafka both look cracked, silver wolf especially

but just pull for who you want

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

His LC is absolutely completely and utterly cracked. I might pull for it rather than him even as a welkin-only player because it's just that insane.

Kale
May 14, 2010

https://twitter.com/SeulgiVLR/status/1653983817516871680

:lol: I refuse to believe this isnt some PR stunt. These ESports teams usually have coach's too and I have a hard time figuring they'd allow that to happen.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Xalidur posted:

I play on Steam Deck via Moonlight about 90% of the time myself, but unlike Genshin the game doesn't play too badly on mobile. Looking forward to PS5 version anyway to cut out the middleman when I don't specifically need it to be portable.

My only annoyance about it on mobile is that the camera controls are just like, the top half of the screen and that's slightly annoying when I want to move and look at stuff. So yeah, it'd be real nice to have it on playstation instead of the stupid way I've got it on pc.

The radio thing was cool, except I found it when I wanted to turn off the game and instead I was standing around looking at a weird flat hologram radio for like 10 minutes. Since that triggered when I'd finally almost finished iceland, I assume the 'neat trick' is that the amber eras will pass faster as the game progresses, because you're doing stuff and that's probably related to whatever that god's trying to wall out.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Kale posted:

https://twitter.com/SeulgiVLR/status/1653983817516871680

:lol: I refuse to believe this isnt some PR stunt. These ESports teams usually have coach's too and I have a hard time figuring they'd allow that to happen.
It's a slight misrepresentation, basically for online tournament play you have to download a specific branch client of valorant, you don't use the live game. Dude was so busy playing Star Rail that he forgot to start the download, and by the time he remembered it wasn't downloaded in time for the game's start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I wonder what triggers these text message quests. They seem to justvrandomly pop up every once in a while. My best guess is that they sometimes trigger after completing other things.

Leraika posted:

Oh, it's a daily? I've just been unlucky then, since I keep getting stuck on wubbawoo duty.

wtf. Get this guy outta here

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 23:03 on May 5, 2023