Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

sum
Nov 15, 2010

I want to meet the Russian guy who believes in the power of petitions and transparent government but is also really pro-Wagner

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
made a librarything account and had a little lol at this in the nationality stat section

quote:

LibraryThing's mapping solution currently colors Crimea as part of Russia, not Ukraine. LibraryThing does not support this coloring, and is looking into other options.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

sum posted:

I want to meet the Russian guy who believes in the power of petitions and transparent government but is also really pro-Wagner

I bet you could find some crossover there with at least some russian fascists. Considering how much US media they consume.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

galagazombie posted:

Gonna admit it will be funny if the Wagner Bakmut situation is all 100% real worst case scenario instead of Russian counter-intel, and cspam maintains its losing streak of war predictions.

Could also be both, and Wagner is just there to absorb bullets to distract from the counterattack

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Frosted Flake posted:

lol did anything on that show go into production? Still waiting for my AA-12.

Just looking at some of the names yes.
1st episode had the Javelin
2nd had the Predator Drone
Lot of names on the list pop out but not sure how many are really 'future'
Gotta remember the show came out in 2006
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future_Weapons

I very much remember CornerShot thinking it was so cool.

OctaMurk posted:

Metal Storm got bought by DefendTex and theyre STILL trying to selll people on the 36 barrel one-shot machinegun
Oh gently caress yea that thing ruled! Its so impractical and stupid but it's awesome

https://youtu.be/NLNuBq0NQJE

Digital Jedi has issued a correction as of 21:14 on May 5, 2023

samogonka
Nov 5, 2016
judging by the comments of the pro-russian tg channels, middle-aged housewives are among the most ardent wagner supporters

Maximo Roboto
Feb 4, 2012

https://twitter.com/quantian1/status/1654480210299871232

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lmao @ Beijing

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Seeing a lot of boondoggles and overpriced, overhyped gear here

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013
why is old poo poo like the a10c thunderbolt on FUTURE weapons ?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

i guess it's time for America to invade China

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

is this more or less embarrassing than having your fancy multibillion dollar stealth bomber being downed by serbian AA

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Russia shot down its own missile etc.

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

Futanari Damacy posted:

Sad that the Pancor Jackhammer never got past the prototype stage.

didn’t that thing need to be sent back to the factory to reload or something stupid like that

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

jagged alliance 1.13 owned by having all those stupid metal storm scifi bullshit guns but also giving them their realistic disadvantages like having to order their weird proprietary ammo online and then having to move them all the way from the airport to the frontline every time you ran out

wynott dunn
Aug 9, 2006

What is to be done?

Who or what can challenge, and stand a chance at beating, the corporate juggernauts dominating the world?

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Russia shot down its own missile etc.

that was just to prove that they’re able to do it, of course

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
the missile fell harmlessly into a grain silo

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Jel Shaker posted:

is this more or less embarrassing than having your fancy multibillion dollar stealth bomber being downed by serbian AA

are these things even supposed to be 'impossible' to shoot down? Like if this was at a carrier or something they wouldn't fire one, they'd be firing them in waves. How easy is it to shoot down 50 of them?

Pretty sure they're just supposed to be very hard to shoot down

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

the stealth bomber flew low, and the attacker drunk

im_sorry
Jan 15, 2006

(9999)
Ultra Carp

OctaMurk posted:

Metal Storm got bought by DefendTex and theyre STILL trying to selll people on the 36 barrel one-shot machinegun

I remember seeing that back in the day, and wondering just how the hell you'd reload the thing...

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Looking forward to WW3 where each side unleashes all their quadrillions of dollars of carrier killer missiles and bespoke F-35 variants and it ends up like a Looney Tunes short where it all just coughs and sputters like a Model T and screws pop out leaving a driver in a seat with no airplane and the nukes weren’t maintained so they fizzle out and the war ends with no casualties except Elmer Fudds pride.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

FrancisFukyomama posted:

didn’t that thing need to be sent back to the factory to reload or something stupid like that

idk but it absolutely shredded dudes in Fallout 2

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Regarde Aduck posted:

are these things even supposed to be 'impossible' to shoot down? Like if this was at a carrier or something they wouldn't fire one, they'd be firing them in waves. How easy is it to shoot down 50 of them?

Pretty sure they're just supposed to be very hard to shoot down

It is neoliberal responsibility shifting. Once something is shown to be possible then it is the expected minimum. Then when workers fail to meet the new expected minimum they can be disciplined. Or there is new technology just on the horizon that will totally do it 100%. Depends on which argument they are trying win.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
also lol at publically telling everyone that they have the capability of taking them down and how so that they can potentially improve them

hey guys we used a PAC-3 interceptor and it hit the thing exactly here

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

FrancisFukyomama posted:

There was only like one ever built. When the military didn’t buy the design, the prototype was rented out as a movie prop.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Donbass Devushka posted:

🇺🇦🇷🇺The Air Force of the Armed Forces of Ukraine directly denied the dawning of the "Kinzhal" over Kiev. "I have already refuted a thousand times, you should have seen it yesterday. There was a possibility of using ballistic missiles, but no ballistic missiles were recorded. What some heads of military administration say there, they have already received for it," Air Force spokesman Yuriy Ignat said to "Суспільне". @DDgeopolitics
(from t.me/DDGeopolitics/60496, via tgsa)

Ukraine refuted their shootdown of Kinzhal. Fake news in other words.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Freezer posted:

looks like counteroffensive might kick off tomorrow - whats the latest saqr prediction? total Russian collapse?

i think the russians will get washed, theres no reason for me to assume otherwise especially if the Bakhmut withdrawal is real. The ukranians are tougher and smarter.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Danann posted:

(from t.me/DDGeopolitics/60496, via tgsa)

Well now I'm beginning to suspect that they did shoot it down and it got leaked.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Seriously, why even come out and tell people it didn't happen? poo poo, you could probably convince enough nafos that the ghost of Kiev leapt from his cockpit to tear apart the missile with his bare teeth.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Danann posted:

Yeah. Plus if two metal bodies, one of which is loaded with explosives, collide at mach 5+, they don’t leave neat little puncture holes that land more or less intact on the ground.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Al-Saqr posted:

i think the russians will get washed, theres no reason for me to assume otherwise especially if the Bakhmut withdrawal is real. The ukranians are tougher and smarter.

would you say that the Ukrainians are genetically superior to the Russians?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

mlmp08 posted:

Yeah. Plus if two metal bodies, one of which is loaded with explosives, collide at mach 5+, they don’t leave neat little puncture holes that land more or less intact on the ground.

Incredible that the Ukrainians have developed tractor beam technology to slow down Russian missiles

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

AFU stands for All hosed Up!!!!!

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
I've got to say, I don't know if my body can be prepared to handle the level of winning that Ukraine is going to be doing over the next couple of weeks

isn't it kind of strange that Zelenskey is out of the country while the big offensive is kicking off though? You'd think you would want the supreme military commander on hand to make sure the troops are giving it their all.. or whatever it is Zelenskey does in his capacity as military overlord.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Al-Saqr posted:

stfu

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Seriously, why even come out and tell people it didn't happen? poo poo, you could probably convince enough nafos that the ghost of Kiev leapt from his cockpit to tear apart the missile with his bare teeth.

US/Euro advisors working on Western AD that day can contradict the narrative, and it's more damaging when the contradictions leak onto the War Thunder discord.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

The ukrainians shoulda released a commemorative stamp for that grain silo they shot an aa missile into

dk2m
May 6, 2009
https://twitter.com/snekotron/status/1654432222282219521?s=46

cope or?…

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf

Lol look at this wreckage that tore up some grass, america stays winning.

https://twitter.com/coaks604/status/1654573072392028160?t=YXKHQxqEnfYDcbytaogTpw&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
i dont know if we guess wrong we'll hex things apparently

the last time people hexed something the moon was destroyed and covid19 happened