Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

TotalHell posted:

:siren: Hey, Episode 56 is starting right now!! :siren:

Thank you for catching this, I was out of town and forgot again!

Travic posted:

So I'm really getting into Campaign 3, but I'm starting to get hit with spoilers for Campaign 2. I'd heard the spoilers for C2 in C3 were pretty minor so I continued on. I'm on C3E33 and so far I've gotten something about The Cerberus Assembly, someone named Ludinus, and an offhand comment by Liam "I don't want Chetney to die and come back as the big bad" (I knew Molly died, but I didn't know he comes back as a bad guy).

I've seen Campaign 1, but I skipped 2 because I wanted to catch up to and maybe even watch the new episodes as they came out. I was also starting to get spoilers for C3 in my Youtube "Recommended videos" as people talked about the crazy poo poo that was happening. (Yes, including what happens in C3E33 and the few episodes thereafter). Do I abandon ship and go back to C2?

I'm being careful about this thread too. Just popped in here to ask for help without reading anything.

It's really frustrating. I'm trying to avoid spoilers as much as possible and people on Youtube title their videos stuff like Champion of the Raven Queen Returns!

It's tough -- in terms of spoilers, the cast made active attempts to avoid them in c2, though a few made their way in. c3 takes some very large cues from c1, but also hits notes of c2 as well. Obviously it can't be said where it'll go, though the cast are more openly discussing the events of both campaigns as they occur now. imo you don't lose anything by having those events referenced (and in fact, an outsider's perspective more closely immerses you with the c3 characters) but it all depends on how much spoilers impact you. By the sound of it, I'd recommend going back to c2 first if you want as close to a clean experience as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
obtain zen and let spoilers pass through you

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

that introductory text coming at you like "Woah there, I just wanted to learn how to cook a meal."

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast
Yeah I really want to go into each campaign knowing nothing. I'll look into starting C2. Thank you.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

Gnome de plume posted:

that introductory text coming at you like "Woah there, I just wanted to learn how to cook a meal."

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Power Word: Nineeleven

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Lima posted:

Power Word: Nineeleven
Rudy Guliani's mid-2000s character sheet spotted.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Tonights Episode brought to you by the word: Cringe

Thordain
Oct 29, 2011

SNAP INTO A GRIMM JIM!!!
Pillbug
That was a tough one

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Thordain posted:

That was a tough one
At the same time, cringe and chaos is exactly what I want from Sam ads.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Thordain posted:

That was a tough one

Surprisingly tame for Sam

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

:siren: After some terrible cringe, Episode 57 is starting right now!! :siren:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Applebee's soul cycle

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I love that the whole cast shows up for the intro then they kick half of them out, and have done this for, what, 6 weeks now?

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Love a good moment when Matt is able to creep out Travis just a little bit

edit: ok Matt just read Annihilation or something, goddamn man

AngryBooch fucked around with this message at 03:30 on May 5, 2023

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

AngryBooch posted:

gonna have a horrifying bear fused with a man show up anytime now

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Funzo posted:

I love that the whole cast shows up for the intro then they kick half of them out, and have done this for, what, 6 weeks now?

Wouldn't surprise me if they're recording the other team on the same day, would make sense logistically.

Agaragon
Nov 16, 2018

AceClown posted:

Wouldn't surprise me if they're recording the other team on the same day, would make sense logistically.

That would mean double the prep time for Matt.

Antitonic
Sep 24, 2011

Invented By Gandhi

Agaragon posted:

That would mean double the prep time for Matt.

You say, as if that’s not something he’d try to do at least once.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
The bonus to recording the groups concurrently would be that the 'second' group doesn't get spoiled by anything that happens during the same in-game timeframe to the first group, but the CR folks aren't anyone I'd be worried about with the potential for metagaming. I'd say they probably aren't recording both groups on the same day since an extended party split usually means time allotted for half the group to work on other projects while the other records, but all of them are seemingly in-studio for session kickoffs anyway? Have they ever posted a breakdown of when they typically record any given week's session (like how far in advance, etc.)?

I guess we'll see whenever we pick up with group #2 if folks on the internet are able to match outfits with previous session recordings.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
i hope lou wilson is in group 2

Patrovsky
May 8, 2007
whatever is fine

scary ghost dog posted:

i hope lou wilson is in group 2

God, me too. He's so good. His Calamity work was top notch.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
I'm really hoping for Lou as well, but the dream would be Lou and Emily both. Emily is amazing at throwing a wrench at the GM, and Lou is a trickster god who took the form of a jovial and chaotic man to entertain us all.

MuscaDomestica
Apr 27, 2017

AngryBooch posted:

Have to admit I was not expecting that to be the Wolf King

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Huh. I wonder what this could be, another round of Taliesin gm'ing a horror game?

https://twitter.com/CriticalRole/status/1655663864027987968

Government Handjob
Nov 1, 2004

Gudbrandsglasnost
College Slice
Sam DMing a dating game

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Keru posted:

Huh. I wonder what this could be, another round of Taliesin gm'ing a horror game?

https://twitter.com/CriticalRole/status/1655663864027987968

People are theorizing a 10 Candles one-shot, which would rule.

Could also be a lot of things

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

DarklyDreaming posted:

People are theorizing a 10 Candles one-shot, which would rule.

Could also be a lot of things

Never heard of it, looked it up; looks neat and I hope it's that.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

It got retweeted by the darrington press feed, so its plausible its a self-made thing

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
It's restating the obvious, but Mercer's really skilled at using both his words and his diction to paint a very creepy picture.

I hope Christian/FRIDA might reconsider the practicality of finding a sniper perch and then needing to reunite with the team. Granted, I don't know if it would have made a huge difference in terms of resources spent, but it definitely made things more complicated.

I figured that they were going to find something for coming all the way to this tower, but they haven't been there for long, and may have already found what seems like a key piece of information - Ludinus is seeking the True Name of the Matron.

It might be for the best that they woke up the Boss before using some of their few remaining spells on the hidden lock. I'm not sure they would have successfully gotten in a long rest anyway, given all the shed skins all around the tower.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Here's the new thing.

Monthly horror show on the last Thu of each month using a new in-house TTRPG

https://critrole.com/hype-candela-obscura-our-new-horror-ttrpg-show-premieres-may-25th/

https://twitter.com/CriticalRole/status/1655966146141769730

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvlAgbSUiWw

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Yeah this is gonna be good

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Taliesin as lightkeeper and Matt as GM? Wonder if that means that it's going to be like head to head narratives, Matt vs Taliesin with the players being the chess pieces. Or maybe like Tal doing the narrative bits and Matt being the mechanical side?

Either way, I'm interested.

I started to listen to Midst too and I really like it. The ways the narratives play out being purposely contradictory and inconsistent gives it a very Lynchian feeling to it.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender
More content is great, and it sounds interesting and entertaining, but I thought that one of the reasons for taking the last Thursday off was to give Matt a little bit of a break each month. Perhaps he's gotten more efficient in his workflow so that the extra session won't add much more work?

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
I mean, Matt is also headlining the new season of dimension 20. Though, knowing the workflow with D20, everything was probably recorded for that last year. Brennan mentioned in on the most recent adventuring party with the crew on Never after that they have like 3 seasons recorded and in for editing and post processing at the time that the neverafter finale aired.

Crit Role's main show has pretty quick turn around from recording and editing to broadcast by virtue of it being formerly a live show, but that doesn't mean they will necessarily do so with this new thing. They could have shot everything in a batch D20 style and just have everything in the can waiting to air.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I don’t think we’re going to get a long string of episodes with the other group like we are with this one. I think they’ll meet up at some point and the other group will just info dump all the stuff they did. Happy to be wrong but 20ish episodes of split groups might be a bit much.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Funzo posted:

I don’t think we’re going to get a long string of episodes with the other group like we are with this one. I think they’ll meet up at some point and the other group will just info dump all the stuff they did. Happy to be wrong but 20ish episodes of split groups might be a bit much.

It'll be like when Taliesin was gone for a week. Just weird story after weird story about some crazy poo poo that happened, and they'll just move on.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Taco Defender

Funzo posted:

It's hard to say, really. Mercer's style is very much player-driven. He could certainly have just sped through the trip there, which would have made things go faster by about one episode, but he made them roll travel checks. I do get the impression that we'll be switching away from the Uthodurn group after they make it back to Uthodurn, but that'll make it about two weeks of in-game time. I think there are probably only two more sessions with the Uthodurn group - one to investigate the tower and maybe another place in the ruins (like under the central tower which seems to be the epicenter of the incident), and a second to finish any investigations, and return to Uthodurn. That would make 8.

I think there won't be any fewer than 5 sessions with the second group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
Yeah, the Uthodurn group seems pretty well set up to 'end' their section after they finish in Molaesmyr since they've secured a deal with the Diarchy to get in on some teleportation action at earliest convenience, and there'll probably be something that comes up to forcibly separate Deanna/FRIDA from the main four. I'd be surprised if Matt doesn't transition over to the other group starting in June and he's almost certainly not going to short-change them just to speed through and reunite the party ASAP.