Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

On'tday etlay hemtay nowkay boutaay hetay imetay achine may, unchpay :argh:

brother brother

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Bullet Club beat Time Machine at No Surrender, though :thunk:

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

SG Bamboo posted:

TJPW Yes! Wonderland May 5th
HM
Miu Watanabe vs Arisu Endo
Rika Tatsumi (c) vs Suzume - International Princess Championship
Mizuki (c) vs Sawyer Wreck - Princess of Princess Championship

PoP match was really close to MOTYC for me, Sawyer Wreck is real cool

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
NJPW Wrestling Satsuma no Kuni 2023 4/29

HM: Shingo vs Taichi (Takagi-Style Triad Match)

This might have been even better than an HM but New Japan World kept loving up casting to my TV so my viewing was kind of broken up and frustrating. But I am a fan of the Takagi-Style Triad Match.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW Rampage 5/5

HM: Vikingo & The Lucha Brothers (PENTA El Cero Miedo & Rey Fenix) vs. QTV Crew (QT Marshall, Powerhouse Hobbs, & Aaron Solo
MOTYC: Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy, Isaiah Kassidy, HOOK vs. The Firm (Ethan Page, Big Bill, Stokely Hathaway, & Lee Moriarty)

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Pylons posted:

AEW Rampage 5/5

HM: Vikingo & The Lucha Brothers (PENTA El Cero Miedo & Rey Fenix) vs. QTV Crew (QT Marshall, Powerhouse Hobbs, & Aaron Solo
MOTYC: Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy, Isaiah Kassidy, HOOK vs. The Firm (Ethan Page, Big Bill, Stokely Hathaway, & Lee Moriarty)

nth

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Pylons posted:

AEW Rampage 5/5

Nth. Can't call the Firm Deletion a match, really, and it's not even the best cinematic match AEW has done, but it has some great spots and lines so it's not bad or anything.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

ROH 5/4
HM: Rocky "Sneaky Style" Romero vs Lee "Tiga Style" Moriarty - Pure Rules

NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004
I AM SPUTNIK'S PARACHUTE ACCOUNT
AEW Rampage 5/5

WMotYC: Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy, Isaiah Kassidy, HOOK vs. The Firm (Ethan Page, Big Bill, Stokely Hathaway, & Lee Moriarty)

Pros:

- Kinda funny when the Hardy kids beat up Stoke? I mean, Stoke in general. The guy is gold.
- They didn't waste Hook's first loss on this?

Cons:

- Business exposing spots, weird cam choices.
- Weird shifts in tone from The Firm trying to burn the Hardys alive, to the kids jumping Stokely, to the weak conclusion of the match, to Jeff Hardy praying to Xanatu or Jeebus, or whatever. Is it a blood feud, or a meaningless hardcore match?
- Jeff back in the company and picking up wins for... reasons? He thanked God at the end, while burning the Hardy symbol into the ground and mumbling... so yay?
- The Firm went from the stable behind MJF, to THIS. Maybe they're just done as a stable, due to being DELETED, or whatever.
- Whatever the gently caress Isiash Cassidy has become. Hopefully a one time thing.

There is no middle ground on this one. Either you think it was 5 stars, or it's one of the worst matches of the year.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Pylons posted:

AEW Rampage 5/5

nth lol

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

Pylons posted:

AEW Rampage 5/5

Nth.

Firm Deletion ruled so much but I can also understand anyone who hated it. It’s the Skinamarink of pro wrestling, right down to the time and space distortions.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
MOTYC - Firm Deletion - Hardys, Cassidy and Hook vs. Hathaway, Big Bill, Moriarty and Ethan Page - Rampage 5/5/23

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

From Dragongate Dead or Alive 2023, 5/5

I’ll do more later, don’t feel like writing out a bunch of Japanese names at the moment, but I have to nominate

MOTYC: Open the Dream Gate Championship - Shun Skywalker (c) vs. Madoka Kikuta

Absolute masterpiece of storytelling and psychology. This is how you loving “finish the story”.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

King of DDT Round 1 May 6th
MOTYC
Shunma Katsumata vs Hideki Okatani
- Okatani showed the hell out here, give that boy a singles title asap

MAO vs Takeshi Masada
- One of my favourite wrestlers and one of the most promising rookies in years leather the gently caress out of each other for my amusement

HM
Kazusada Higuchi vs Yusuke Okada
Chris Brookes vs HARASHIMA
Jun Akiyama vs Tetsuya Endo
Yuki Ueno vs Naruki Doi

This show loving ruled after Mega Max was pretty disappointing, just a bunch of real good wrestling matches from a crazy talented roster

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
22nd April
Tokyo Joshi Pro Climb Over '23
Daisy Monkey (Arisu Endo & Suzume) vs Hakuchumu (Miu Watanabe & Rika Tatsumi)
Watch this here

Just really good tag wrestling

HM
22nd April
Tokyo Joshi Pro Climb Over '23
Princess Tag Team Titles
Magical Sugar Rabbits (Mizuki & Yuka Sakazaki) vs Max The Impaler & Pom Harajuku
Watch this here

HM
23rd April
Tokyo Joshi Pro Members Only Show Pure TJPW 8
Tetsuya Koda Seat King Special Rules 5 Way
Arisu Endo vs HIMAWARI vs Hyper Misao vs Miu Watanabe vs Rika Tatsumi
Watch this here

Utter loving nonsense of the sort you're only going to see in TJPW. We get Miu drawing, instant recommendation

HM
23rd April
Tokyo Joshi Pro Members Only Show Pure TJPW 8
Costume Change Match
Haruna Neko, Mahiro Kiryu & Suzume vs Mizuki, Pom Harajuku & Yuki Kamifuku
Watch this here

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
NWA USA 5/6

WMOTYC Rolando Freeman and Eric Jackson vs Brady Pierce and Rush Freeman
WMOTYC: Max The Impaler and Judais vs Gaagz The Gimp and Sal The Pal

Billy Corgan is obsessed with giving Rolando Freeman as much TV time as he can and he is a one note act and not very good in the ring. This also has a really terrible finish.

As for the main event, you might go "Well maybe this won't be too bad if Max The Imapler takes most of it." But no. It opens with a long fake out of whether The Miserably Faithful will kiss the boot of Judais, and Judais takes most of the match. He's the former Murphy from TNA and still really bad, including tripping over his opponent at one point. Sal doing an insane Eugene gimmick is as bad as ever and he does one of the worst 619s I've seen in awhile. Really bad stuff and then a flat finish. This also appears to be the blow off of weeks and weeks of just awful angles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiPB7_d7nCo

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

SalTheBard posted:

MOTYC - Firm Deletion - Hardys, Cassidy and Hook vs. Hathaway, Big Bill, Moriarty and Ethan Page - Rampage 5/5/23

Nth

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Taxman posted:

PoP match was really close to MOTYC for me, Sawyer Wreck is real cool

Sorry just a little confused on if you're seconding all three of these as HMs?

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Jerusalem posted:

Sorry just a little confused on if you're seconding all three of these as HMs?

Sorry, yes.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

All good, thanks!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

HM
14th April
NOMADS Vol.3
Hiroyo Matsumoto, Jungle Kyona & Yuu vs Nanae Takahashi, Rina Yamashita & Ryo Mizunami
Watch this here

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

MOTYC: Bianca Belair vs. Iyo Sky, WWE Backlash, 5/6

This loving slapped

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

sportsgenius86 posted:

This loving slapped

Yeah I'll Nth this. Crowd was nuclear for this.

Dunbar
Feb 21, 2003

sportsgenius86 posted:

This loving slapped
Agreed, absolute shitkicker of a match

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

sportsgenius86 posted:

This loving slapped

Yeah. Only thing that bothered me is that WWE should have called an audible.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 01:46 on May 7, 2023

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I won't be watching the show so it doesn't bother me, but let's please keep up the courtesy of not spoiling the results of matches in our nominations, please.

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
Dragongate - Dead or Alive, 5/5/23:

MOTYC: Open the Dream Gate Championship - Shun Skywalker© vs. Madoka Kikuta
-The history with Kikuta legit injuring his shoulder in the same match 2 years ago, losing a full year+, beating Shun's series of "quests", then coming back at the same event for this performance with Shun laser-focused on Kikuta's repaired shoulder was perfect storytelling both in-ring and out. The post-match naming of a new Big Six was also a huge moment.

MOTYC: Open the Triangle Gate Championship - Gold Class© vs Natural Vibes
-I didn't mind the slower pace in the beginning, and it ramped up like crazy in the 2nd half.

HM: Open the Twin Gate Championship - Kongo© vs Z-Brats
-ISHIN has bulked up, and I like that it's not over with him and Kenoh. I hope Kenoh shows up for longer than this title run, he seems to really get the DG style.

HM: Open the Brave Gate Championship - Jason Lee© vs Dragon Dia
-Loved it, but it should've been about 5 minutes longer, and felt like they were saving something for later.

Ryukyu Dragon Pro Wrestling - Memorial 10th Anniversary, 4/28/23:

MOTYC: Ryou Championship: YAMATO© vs Gurukun Mask
-Gurukun pulling a Despy with his torn mask hanging off his neck by the end was great, and YAMATO doesn't usually wrestle this style. I wish he'd turn heel again in DG.

Bonk fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jul 10, 2023

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
MOTYC: Bad Bunny vs Damien Priest, WWE Backlash, 5/6/23

An overbooked mess but in a fun way.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
MOTYC - Bad Bunny v Damian Priest

That was WWE spectacle at its absolute best. Good lord that was fun.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

DarkstarIV posted:

Nth - Holy loving poo poo what a match

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

DarkstarIV posted:

Nth. That was a ton of fun and I can't believe they went like 20+ minutes.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Professor Funk posted:

MOTYC - Bad Bunny v Damian Priest

That was WWE spectacle at its absolute best. Good lord that was fun.

Nth this loving ruled

I'd also add

HM: Bianca Belair vs Iyo Sky WM Backlash5/6/23

Excellent match and want to see this match up again!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

DarkstarIV posted:

bad bunny is loving legit and that entrance was hard as nails

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Bonk posted:

Dragongate - Dead or Alive, 5/5/23:

MOTYC: Open the Dream Gate Championship - Shun Skywalker© vs. Madoka Kikuta
-The history with Kikuta legit injuring his shoulder in the same match 2 years ago, losing a full year+, beating Shun's series of "quests", then coming back at the same event for this performance with Shun laser-focused on Kikuta's repaired shoulder was perfect storytelling both in-ring and out. The post-match naming of a new Big Six was also a huge moment.
Nth

gotta rewatch the rest of the card before making more nominations

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
MOTYC: Bianca Belair vs. Iyo Sky, WWE Backlash, 5/6 as well

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

King of DDT Round 2 May 7th
MOTYC
Kazusada Higuchi vs Hideki Okatani
- Goddamn do I love a good underdog story. It was just over a year ago that Higuchi beat Okatani into the Eruption stable. Since then Higuchi has branched out on his own and become the KO-D Champ and Okatani has cultivated a whole new attitude and moveset to match, ready and willing to show Higuchi just how much he's grown since their last singles match

HM
Yuki Ueno vs Kotaro Suzuki
Jun Akiyama vs MAO

Purple Monkey
May 5, 2014

:phone:Hello
ROH Honor Club 4/5

HM: Claudio Castagnoli vs Robbie Eagles

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

AJPW Champion Carnival Night 10 May 7th
MOTYC
All Japan (Ryuki Honda, Oji Shiiba and Ryo Inoue) vs New Japan (Kosei Fujita, Ryohei Oiwa and Yuto Nakashima)
- What a fantastic way to open the show. Crowd was big behind the home team and the Young Lions brought the hate like we rarely see when they're doing NJPW openers

Shotaro Ashino vs T-Hawk
- Hell of a way to end the tournament, Ashino refused to give even an inch as T-Hawk repeatedly chopped the soul out of him

HM
Naruki Doi (c) vs Dan Tamura - PWF World Jr Championship
Zennichi Shin Jidai (Kento Miyahara and Yuma Anzai) vs LIJ (Tetsuya Naito and BUSHI)

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 13:12 on May 7, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

WMOTYC
15th April
Big Japan Pro Wrestling New Standard Big 'B' Lotta Good Time Night 1
Weapon Bringing Deathmatch
Kankuro Hoshino & Yuko Miyamoto vs Mad Man Pondo & Necro Butcher

This is pretty much everything bad in deathmatch wrestling. I will not ever understand why BJW flew these guys over except "nostalgia" I guess. Feel like there'd be cheaper nostalgia pops & they wouldn't come out waving a Trump 2024 flag. This show also had another pretty lousy deathmatch with Abby Jr & Ryuji Ito plodding along. Fortunately there was some good poo poo, albeit on Night 2.

HM
16th April
Big Japan Pro Wrestling New Standard Big 'B' Lotta Good Time Night 2
BJW Tag Team Titles
Astronauts (Fuminori Abe & Takuya Nomura)(c) vs Strong BJ (Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Okabayashi)

They've had (much) better matches, but this was pretty great albeit with a flat finish. Astronauts are always good value for money.

MOTYC
16th April
Big Japan Pro Wrestling New Standard Big 'B' Lotta Good Time Night 2
Fluorescent Lighttubes Barb Wire Board Deathmatch
BJW Deathmatch Heavyweight Title

Hideyoshi Kamitani(c) vs Kazuki Kikuta

Kikuta has been a breath of fresh air in the DM division, & he's taken to it like a duck to water, very impressive. This is pretty fantastic & is a good contrast with the Pondo/Necro match as far as "hey, here's a bad deathmatch, here's a good one". That's the only positive I can find from that Necro match, aside from it was funny when he had a metal trash can lobbed at his skull

Don't have individual match links for this, but they are all from the following link. I'd go grab times but I'm about to go to bed. I'll post them in the AM.

https://twitter.com/b3rt4/status/1650205548065816586?s=20