Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

the rat fandom posted:

This guy seems like the dollar general version of tim rogers. He has the same flat, repetitive, and meandering delivery but is just utterly devoid of charisma.

Seems like a terrible comparison op. I don't even see vague similarities between him and rogers. Also Boseman rules and his videos are good and 10 minutes long not 4 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Haptical Sales Slut posted:

Yeah but underneath the performance issue Jedi:survivor is a great game.
:chloe::goofy::bugsbunnyyikes:

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given

Yeah but underneath the performance issue Jedi:survivor is a great game. It sounds like even if Redfall was 60fps it’d still suck.

Having played it with 60fps, yep, it still sucks.

Neco
Mar 13, 2005

listen
Finished signalis and loved it for the most part, mostly for the fantastic atmosphere. Ending kinda disappointing.

I tried Ravenlok and it‘s meh. Good art but not very polished; good music. But I‘m a the second boss and it‘s mostly fetch quests and not much focus. Gonna give Fable another chance instead.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I enjoyed Jedi Survivor a lot. It's really fun and has a good story.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."
New Jedi game is v good, nothing world shattering just a good rear end Star Wars game.

ZeeBoi posted:

New thread title should be “There’s no world where Starfield is 11/10 and people start selling their PS5s”

I hate this response bc absolutely no one has ever suggested people will sell off consoles but there is 100% a world in which Starfield is a 11/10 and more people buy Xboxes & Gamepass which is the entire point. Also that whole bit about them not being able to outcompete Sony and Nintendo is sort of bullshit when they have functionally limitless resources compared to their competitors.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i think the main problem is that there are now like three games released on each non-switch console per year so it's a big deal when one is bad

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i think the main problem is that there are now like three games released on each non-switch console per year so it's a big deal when one is bad

People keep saying this and it confuses me because there are an absolute metric shitload of games coming out even ignoring indies

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Also that whole bit about them not being able to outcompete Sony and Nintendo is sort of bullshit when they have functionally limitless resources compared to their competitors.

They have the resources to compete head on but not the interest. MS isn't a hardware company and is no longer a software company, they're a services company. An Xbox division that doesn't compete on a strategy of selling subscriptions is an Xbox division that gets shut down, spun out, or sold off

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

People keep saying this and it confuses me because there are an absolute metric shitload of games coming out even ignoring indies

People that say that want a very specific type of game. High budget / high production values, AAA, that the press talk about and hype for months.

Part of that is not even in the game, what you need to hype the press? show then the game in the best conditions, make excellent trailers, really stellar AAAA quality marketing.

I have more games to play now that I have time. And I want to do other things than playing videogames with my time.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yeah but underneath the performance issue Jedi:survivor is a great game. It sounds like even if Redfall was 60fps it’d still suck.

Yeah, Redfall is just fundamentally a bad game and isn't fun. Jedi Survivor on the other hand is one of the best titles of the year. Its only its technical performance issues that hold it back, nothing else.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

The 7th Guest posted:

I think that the more games launch broken, the more people are getting pissed off about it and want to vent or dunk, it's not really a mystery why Redfall is getting more scrutiny... it's because it specifically is the like 7th or 8th time this has happened this year alone, and people are tired of being beta testers for v1.0 software

People don't learn they just vent about how some other group are the gullible suckers

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Feels Villeneuve posted:

very telling that all the best games this year are remakes or remasters

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

priznat posted:

Talkin about Borderlands, I really don’t understand the popularity there. Just grating, obnoxious and repetitive crap with the most facile of corporate satire. A friend of mine was into them but even he peace’d out at 3.

Seriously trash games.

Basically the mechanics have steadily improved while everything else got steadily more unbearable. There isn't really a middle ground decent Borderlands game

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

After playing hundreds of hours of Destiny games for years, I started Borderlands 2 to try a different looter shooter for a while.

My standards were low, but holy crap.

I wanted to shoot Tiny Tina within 20 seconds of meeting her.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
i think it's recommended to turn the dialogue volume to 0 when playing any Borderlands game

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Redfall reminds me of those unity asset flip games that litter steam where you run around empty, generic, copy/pasted areas and simply shoot brainless enemies. But with a budget and some artistic direction.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i think it's recommended to turn the dialogue volume to 0 when playing any Borderlands game

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
also a very good option op

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

ZeeBoi posted:

Redfall reminds me of those unity asset flip games that litter steam where you run around empty, generic, copy/pasted areas and simply shoot brainless enemies. But with a budget and some artistic direction.

And a marketing budget, the cgi marketing looked pretty decent, really made you think this is a triple a game and not baked 30fps crap. They really screwed by showing 60fps in all the previews.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I know a lot of people that hate looter shooters for very valid reasons. Often the same reasons I enjoy them weirdly. But if you don't like them then probably stay away from any and all of them imo, because they're all gonna feel like what they are.

I love looter shooters like Borderlands, Destiny, Outriders, etc. I also play games for specific reasons, and they tickle that part of brain relaxation I'm wanting best.

All that said, Redfall needs a lot of work, but would be perfectly serviceable game for that genre. It's never gonna be amazing I think, and definitely not worth the money asked, but if it gets the fixes and stuff it needs it'll be fine. Redfall makes more sense as a weird "Fallout 4/Borderlands" game, just throw away all the ideas of immersive sim (whatever that vague and dumb label means) or a stealth based game, and all that stuff.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

the rat fandom posted:

This guy seems like the dollar general version of tim rogers. He has the same flat, repetitive, and meandering delivery but is just utterly devoid of charisma.

This is...honk

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

ZeeBoi posted:

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

syntaxfunction posted:

I know a lot of people that hate looter shooters for very valid reasons. Often the same reasons I enjoy them weirdly. But if you don't like them then probably stay away from any and all of them imo, because they're all gonna feel like what they are.

I love looter shooters like Borderlands, Destiny, Outriders, etc. I also play games for specific reasons, and they tickle that part of brain relaxation I'm wanting best.

All that said, Redfall needs a lot of work, but would be perfectly serviceable game for that genre. It's never gonna be amazing I think, and definitely not worth the money asked, but if it gets the fixes and stuff it needs it'll be fine. Redfall makes more sense as a weird "Fallout 4/Borderlands" game, just throw away all the ideas of immersive sim (whatever that vague and dumb label means) or a stealth based game, and all that stuff.

I don't mind Destiny etc. for what they are. But why do we need a dollar store version?

Why does this game even exist? It seems completely without soul.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I still think Redfall is a Left4Dead clone and it’s apparently nothing like that but I don’t care it’s a L4D clone.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

I said come in! posted:

Jedi Survivor on the other hand is one of the best titles of the year

I'm gonna wait and see what opinions on that game are like in a year when it starts to go on sale because Fallen Order looked decent to me and I was gonna grab it in a sale a while back but general consensus was that the game wasn't very good. Surprising given the hype it had at launch and all the praise it received but when Survivor starts going on sale I'm wondering what opinions will be like.

Was gonna wait for Callisto Protocol to go on sale too but that seems to have faceplanted at launch which I'm sad about because I was super excited for that.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I knew the bullshit was coming in Redfall. I thought it was too easy and thought about upping the difficulty, but I thought that it could spike at any moment. Then they had me face a syphon vampire with those drat shields.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

SUNKOS posted:

I'm gonna wait and see what opinions on that game are like in a year when it starts to go on sale because Fallen Order looked decent to me and I was gonna grab it in a sale a while back but general consensus was that the game wasn't very good. Surprising given the hype it had at launch and all the praise it received but when Survivor starts going on sale I'm wondering what opinions will be like.

Was gonna wait for Callisto Protocol to go on sale too but that seems to have faceplanted at launch which I'm sad about because I was super excited for that.

Ooh get Callisto Protocol on deep sale! It’s a good game, but no where near as good as the Dead Space Remake, which was great of course.

For Jedi Survivor, it takes everything good about Fallen Order, and improves upon it in every single way, and fixes all of the complaints people had with Fallen Order. So that is why it’s getting so much praise.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Lmao the past 3 days of Redfall word of mouth has been so bad that my friends have uninstalled the game and didn't even want to try it. We are desperate for co-op gamepass games too, what a bomb.

Charles Martel
Mar 7, 2007

"The Hero of the Age..."

The hero of all ages

The 7th Guest posted:

I think that the more games launch broken, the more people are getting pissed off about it and want to vent or dunk, it's not really a mystery why Redfall is getting more scrutiny... it's because it specifically is the like 7th or 8th time this has happened this year alone, and people are tired of being beta testers for v1.0 software

Even calling it 1.0 is a stretch anymore. It really helps having a huge backlog of games since I have plenty to keep me occupied until the games that come out that I'm sorta interested in go from "broken pile of poo poo on release" to "much better after a few patches and maybe even have some DLC included".

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I still think Redfall is a Left4Dead clone and it’s apparently nothing like that but I don’t care it’s a L4D clone.

I assume anyone who still plays L4D already knows about this, but Chet (former Valve and L4D writer/designer) is working on Anacrusis, which is an actual L4D clone in Space

I've not played it but sounds like the closest thing since Evolved failed

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums

Scoss posted:

Lmao the past 3 days of Redfall word of mouth has been so bad that my friends have uninstalled the game and didn't even want to try it. We are desperate for co-op gamepass games too, what a bomb.

This is an area where gp is probably strongest? Off the top of my head there is B4B, grounded, sea of thieves, valheim, ark? minecraft dungeons

Edit: Monhun Rise too

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The problem is that they’re trying to make games look too good. Go back to an original XBOX or 360 level of fidelity and this will all get better. All games would run at 120hz 4K and everyone would be happy

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I'm calling for a total and complete shutdown of AAA games until our country's representatives can figure out what's going on

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015

hanyolo posted:

This is an area where gp is probably strongest? Off the top of my head there is B4B, grounded, sea of thieves, valheim, ark? minecraft dungeons

Edit: Monhun Rise too

Yeah we've chewed through or tried most of these games. I suggested we try 7 Days to Die for something still in the fun-spooky genre so we'll give that a spin.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Scoss posted:

Yeah we've chewed through or tried most of these games. I suggested we try 7 Days to Die for something still in the fun-spooky genre so we'll give that a spin.

I bounced off of it pretty hard but I know coop people love Deep Rock Galactic

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

acksplode posted:

I'm calling for a total and complete shutdown of AAA games until our country's representatives can figure out what's going on

*nods*

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Senator Markiplier is going to lead the committee

the rat fandom
Apr 28, 2010

acksplode posted:

While our country is still reeling from the shock of redfalls release hardly seems like the time for such a discussion. I would personally offer my thoughts and prayers to the players affected by this horrible tragedy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

this is my 2nd xbox controller in 2 years to get stick drift. is it worth it to get an elite controller if it’s more durable? i really don’t want to keep replacing them.