Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

I borderline regret pulling Seele at this point because some of the future characters sound really cool (and I wasn't paying attention and thought characters were on 6 week rotations rather than 3), but whatever, I'm almost definitely playing more now than I will then, so at least I'm getting some early value in. Unless people are picky, we're all going to face a choice between missing characters we want or paying a lot of money to get them sooner or later anyway, so if I find that missing someone down the line makes me feel bad, I'll just play a game that doesn't prey on that feeling instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Unless they go hardcore powercreep right out of the gate, an extremely strong burst/nuke character of a good element who also has resets built into her kit isn't going to be bad, pretty much ever.

If you like the character and they're fun, it's no loss either way. I don't care for the design of characters who use scythes in general, and I want silver wolf + kafka more, so I'm saving my pulls. To each their own.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Ytlaya posted:

wtf. Get this guy outta here

Right? I want a wubbawoo plushie.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

sushibandit posted:

Unless they go hardcore powercreep right out of the gate, an extremely strong burst/nuke character of a good element who also has resets built into her kit isn't going to be bad, pretty much ever.

If you like the character and they're fun, it's no loss either way. I don't care for the design of characters who use scythes in general, and I want silver wolf + kafka more, so I'm saving my pulls. To each their own.

The starter characters are so strong that either this game is dead in six months due to power creep and Mihoyo tank what reputation that Genshin gave them, or they will follow the model Genshin did. It doesn't mean they won't go crazy, but like the current roster feels hard to creep without destroying the game.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

The only problem with Seele is that her clothes are really dumb

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

What you don't like her cloth leotard plus shorts combo?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Hellioning posted:

What you don't like her cloth leotard plus shorts combo?

Nope

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I like her design but the leotard is so silly.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

simply wait 2000 years for this game to get costumes too

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Endorph posted:

simply wait 2000 years for this game to get costumes too

If This vs Genshin QOL comparisons are anything to go by, we'll have a skin for every character by 2.0

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 8 days!)

Or costumes as separate characters

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

GateOfD posted:

Or costumes as separate characters

I could actually get behind different like “what if” character costume changes, if they come with different kits/elements/roles.

Just blame Herta for it.

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
Recommendations for a Ting light cone?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

m.hache posted:

Recommendations for a Ting light cone?
Dance Dance Dance! is amazing, but its also gacha. it makes using your ult also advance forward all allies' actions a bit. if you dont have it, then Past and Future is pretty good and can be gotten from the forgotten hall store. It makes her skill also give a decent damage boost to the next ally taking action (which can stack if she buffs the next ally taking action)

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

noteworthy thing about past and future is that stacking attack boosts is subject to diminishing returns, but past and future is a *dmg* boost, not an attack boost. this means both that it increases damage that doesn't scale with attack (like how fire trailblazer's ult scales with defense), and also that it doesn't get reduced if an ally also has an attack boost. tingyun's ult is also a dmg boost, but her skill is an attack boost, which is why she can inflate numbers so much. so past and future works well with her skill if she buffs the next person in line.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Man, simulated universe 2 was hard hard even with lvl. 40 characters, then again I sorta just picked blessing to fill out the collection and that's not ideal.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Hmm, which of the battlepass light cones should I get? I am tempted for the Nihility one because I don't have a 4-5 star nihility light cone yet (or, at least, one that I can use on my current nihility characters.)

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Hellioning posted:

Hmm, which of the battlepass light cones should I get? I am tempted for the Nihility one because I don't have a 4-5 star nihility light cone yet (or, at least, one that I can use on my current nihility characters.)

Preservation seemed the best to me. Allowing high DEF characters to scale their Ult with DEF seems kind of crazy.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Hellioning posted:

the nihility one is alright but seems designed for characters that dont exist yet, but if you want some random damage tacked on theres worse options.

erudition's seems good but only qingque has high enough energy cost to get the most of it

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
None of them feel super compelling at S1, but Erudition is probably the first one I would get unless you have better options. Harmony seems like a decent option to have and the others are whatever.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

Return to Darkness (the hunt one) has a chance to remove a buff on crit hit, which is very good. It also gives 12% crit, and having a damage dealer hit 50% crit at least shouldn't be too hard.

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
I value the Preservation and Harmony ones the most, but it is pretty roster dependent for me. I already picked up the Herta hunt one and will pick up Welt's 5 star whenever I get enough currency. I'm also going to try for Jing Yuan's Erudition weapon.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Brutor Fartknocker posted:

Return to Darkness (the hunt one) has a chance to remove a buff on crit hit, which is very good. It also gives 12% crit, and having a damage dealer hit 50% crit at least shouldn't be too hard.

The chance is low and it's a niche utility when you can run specific characters with much better buff removal, or just not care about having removal. Hunt already has the good 5* freebie that also gives crit% so I feel like the BP one is near the bottom.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

important thing to note about return to darkness (and crit in general in this game) is that when an attack deals multiple hits, each hit has its own chance to crit/proc 'on hit' effects/etc. so for instance seele's basic attack hits thrice. so if she has a 50% chance to crit its not a 50% chance to crit, its 3 hits that each have their own 50% chance to crit. in return to darkness's case this means that each hit that crits has its own chance to remove a buff, meaning that if you high roll you could remove multiple buffs in one action (and the odds to remove a buff are much higher than they look)

Kale
May 14, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I like her design but the leotard is so silly.

Its kind of like the FedEx arrow of her design philosophy for sure.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Endorph posted:

important thing to note about return to darkness (and crit in general in this game) is that when an attack deals multiple hits, each hit has its own chance to crit/proc 'on hit' effects/etc. so for instance seele's basic attack hits thrice. so if she has a 50% chance to crit its not a 50% chance to crit, its 3 hits that each have their own 50% chance to crit. in return to darkness's case this means that each hit that crits has its own chance to remove a buff, meaning that if you high roll you could remove multiple buffs in one action (and the odds to remove a buff are much higher than they look)

Any idea how this interacts with Yanqing's LC, which buffs crit rate if you don't crit? Is just one non-crit enough to activate the buff?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Any idea how this interacts with Yanqing's LC, which buffs crit rate if you don't crit? Is just one non-crit enough to activate the buff?
I believe Yanqing's is worded such that 'does not result in a crit hit' means 'if there isn't a crit hit among any of the hits of it.' However, Sushang's, 'For each time the wearer hits the same target, DMG dealt increases by 8/10/12/14/16%, stacking up to 5 time(s),' does stack with each individual hit of an animation.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022

Endorph posted:

So a fair chance of being more useful than it appears but still an effect that is conditionally useful and RNG dependent. Does feel like something that would easily fall off with more buff removal sources than Pela/Luocha or any countermeasures like difficulty via unremovable buffs.

I guess because the free 5* is solid I'm still pretty skeptical of it, even with similar stats and Hunt being low on good freebies.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Thank you for light cone discussion. Seems Welt and Pela will have to deal with 3 stars for the time being then.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Black Griffon posted:

Man, simulated universe 2 was hard hard even with lvl. 40 characters, then again I sorta just picked blessing to fill out the collection and that's not ideal.

At some point I'm gonna have to do that for follow-up attacks.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

World 6 down with a Hunt build. Speed boosts to the action economy really help and the resonance attack is massive. Couldn't 1-shot the adds but with someone's Ult it would and then recharge.

Helped that my main party happens to be fire, dark and lightning so I was breaking the boss constantly without needing to focus on that.

Brutor Fartknocker
Jun 18, 2013

It's a bit in the middle since the buff removal can only happen once per attack, so a multihit attacker still has a higher chance to proc it, but it's only going to proc once. I rate not having to run a character for buff removal pretty highly, but I also haven't built Pela yet. Effects that add something independent of straight stats grab my eye pretty hard. Cruising in the stellar sea is also there for good crit stats and 5* stats, so it's a hard choice. I also really like the preservation battle pass cone since it's pretty good and I haven't rolled a 4* cone. Not sure yet which way I'm going to go, but since the bosses in simulated universe self buff a lot I could see running Pela and return to darkness.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

For BP cones my take for best are between erudition, preservation and harmony. As mentioned the SU hunt cone is very good already. On the erudition cone, while only Qingque can take full advantage of it, it's still a very large raw unconditional damage bonus which none of the easily accessible cones can nab. Preservation gives some bonus oomph if their burst deals damage, and harmony is just a very good grab bag of buffs if you run two harmony units or don't have dance dance dance yet.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Bruceski posted:

At some point I'm gonna have to do that for follow-up attacks.

That's what I was doing in that situation. Only had March around for follow-ups, and she hit pretty hard with them, but it wasn't a particularly focused build.

I wonder though, could you just run lowest level again and again to fill your collection, or are cards tied to difficulty?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Poor Cyrille...

I really like the side missions this game has and the little side interactions.

Twisc
Jul 24, 2004
tehe qt:>
does Tingyun get noticeably better when her SPD is higher than Seele's? feels like I'm giving up too much trying to fit her in right now, but I'm probably just too low level (TB 27) to make good use of the stat scaling

Seele is insane though. I also ended up with a6 Pela and a4 Hook on the way. are either of these worth investing to maybe replace Tingyun for a while in the Seele/X/Nata/shielder lineup?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Black Griffon posted:

That's what I was doing in that situation. Only had March around for follow-ups, and she hit pretty hard with them, but it wasn't a particularly focused build.

I wonder though, could you just run lowest level again and again to fill your collection, or are cards tied to difficulty?

Unlocking cards is tied to difficulty, but once one's unlocked everything is available so downranking is fine

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Twisc posted:

does Tingyun get noticeably better when her SPD is higher than Seele's? feels like I'm giving up too much trying to fit her in right now, but I'm probably just too low level (TB 27) to make good use of the stat scaling

Seele is insane though. I also ended up with a6 Pela and a4 Hook on the way. are either of these worth investing to maybe replace Tingyun for a while in the Seele/X/Nata/shielder lineup?

Pela is very nice utility. She has a basically guaranteed buff purge on her skill, which shuts some minibosses and bosses down hard, and her ultimate is a strong aoe defense shred. Her damage sucks pretty bad but it improves a bit once you get her ascensions rolling and she starts doing bonus damage to debuffed enemies, which you actually get a double dose of because you have her E6.

Hook is fine. She's a straight damage dealer who wants to spam her skill every single turn to keep burns rolling to trigger her whole kit. She has basically no utility, but she does very good damage.

In that particular team comp Pela is going to offer more than Hook, since Seele is already hungry for skill points and is doing the same job as Hook but better assuming neutral elemental resistance.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Twisc posted:

Put speed boots on ting, and don't put speed on seele. It feels much better when she goes first. First turn still gets a bit awkward because seele burns through 2 charges before you get an attack off with ting, but it works out fine in the long run

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Ytlaya posted:

I wonder what triggers these text message quests. They seem to justvrandomly pop up every once in a while. My best guess is that they sometimes trigger after completing other things.

wtf. Get this guy outta here

I'm sorry, the only thing I love more than wubbawoos is stupid logic puzzles

for future ref: not a guy