Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
wendy's spicy chicken sandwich is the best available. the disappointment the first time i tried chik-fil-a and realized it was just homophobia propping it up was demoralizing. i just wanted spicy chicken nirvana

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
chik-fil-a has always been incredibly mediocre and ive never understood the hype.

but that popeyes chicken sandwich that was all the rage a few years ago was truly excellent

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Lady Radia posted:

wendy's spicy chicken sandwich is the best available. the disappointment the first time i tried chik-fil-a and realized it was just homophobia propping it up was demoralizing. i just wanted spicy chicken nirvana

popeyes is good, but it’s actually just spicy sauce and not different breading

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

chick fil a has bomb lemonade and bomb soups -- both the chicken noodle and the tortilla soups are killer

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Shaggar posted:

chik-fil-a has always been incredibly mediocre and ive never understood the hype.

I had a job where they’d have chick fil a catering orders for breakfast occasionally for some reason and somehow their biscuits are far tastier than anything else

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

hobbesmaster posted:

I had a job where they’d have chick fil a catering orders for breakfast occasionally for some reason and somehow their biscuits are far tastier than anything else

i've hear this from so many people, but i gotta give popeyes the win on biscuits

Internet Janitor
May 17, 2008

"That isn't the appropriate trash receptacle."
i've eaten at chik-fil-a exactly once

it took 30 minutes to get my food, there was a big chunk of gristle in the chicken breast (which was also quite dry), and the waffle fries were spongy and flavorless

i have no interest in eating there ever again, especially given the vile politics of the owners

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
popeyes sandwich is da bes

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
man i love a good biscuit. if i still lived near a bojangles i probably would have died from chicken and sausage biscuits

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

hot take comin in: idgaf about no goddamn biscuit

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

nudgenudgetilt posted:

i've hear this from so many people, but i gotta give popeyes the win on biscuits

yeah biscuits alone absolutely. I meant somehow the Chick-fil-A chicken biscuit is far better than the chicken or biscuit alone.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

rotor posted:

take pity on the effectively breakfast taco-less folks east of the Mississippi

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

rotor posted:

mods. somebody give this idiot a probe

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

hobbesmaster posted:

take pity on the effectively breakfast taco-less folks east of the Mississippi

yeah i have a feeling its cause aint no one here make a decent one idk

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

nudgenudgetilt posted:

mods. somebody give this idiot a probe

go miss a quad about it

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

rotor posted:

unbelievable

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

rotor posted:

someone give this sick gently caress a sixer. this is unacceptable

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

rotor posted:

a man who has taken no risks

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

rotor posted:

:milk:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

rotor posted:

gotta agree with rotor on this one

biscuits are ok. if i get one with something and they're good? well thats great. am i going to go out of my way to order them? lol no

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I always order extra biscuits.

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

feel like if you want to say biscuits are forgettable, you should have them in their best environment. like, go to a tudor's biscuit world for breakfast some time you're in west virginia, maybe on the way to hiking in the shenandoah valley. there are incredibly good biscuits out there

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

loving hell what is this nonsense. get outta here with these lovely biscuit opinions

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

Jonny 290 posted:

I always order extra biscuits.

loving finally someone with good sense

gently caress

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
maybe i've just never had a good biscuit, but yeah, the biscuit love is a bit weird

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

west coast motherfuckers eating bullshit and pretending like they have opinions worth hearing i swear to god

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

Broken Machine posted:

feel like if you want to say biscuits are forgettable, you should have them in their best environment. like, go to a tudor's biscuit world for breakfast some time you're in west virginia, maybe on the way to hiking in the shenandoah valley. there are incredibly good biscuits out there

hard diagree. i grew up in tudor's territory and their biscuits may as well have been mcdonald's or dairy queen

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
I used to come out, one or the other of 'em. Usually my mother, feed me pretty regular, mhm. I know he made enough where I could have mustard and biscuits three or four times a week. Mhm.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

YALL I AM STRAIGHT WORKIN UP A FUSS HERE

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

nudgenudgetilt posted:

hard diagree. i grew up in tudor's territory and their biscuits may as well have been mcdonald's or dairy queen

and i respect that, because you've tried it and said yeah no. much as if you've had a bunch of burritos in so cal and said no thanks

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the problem w biscuits is that they seem suited for industrial production but are really not

so you gotta get em in a sit down actual cook restaurant not a fast food dealio. waffle house still works etc but not popeyes or chikfila or whatever

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

absolutely possible that i just aint had good biscuits but that dont change the fact that i aint cared much for biscuits so far

sorry if that hurts your feelings but

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

bob you started off that sentence on thin ice but saved it at the end, well done

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the classic fat substitution from butter to lovely margarine? works in 95% of fast food but not at all in biscuits

same for hot holding stuff and remaking food to be hot held, etc etc

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

rotor posted:

popeyes sandwich is da bes

i'm a fan of krispy krunchy chicken personally

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

it's not feelings rotor, i just thought you were better than that

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
whole schools of biscuiting basically depend upon lamination of dough. you wouldnt expect a fast food croissant to be good, right?

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

it's worth remembering that even mediocre biscuits can be amazing with the right accompaniment. best biscuits and gravy i ever had was my grandma's and that was purely the gravy -- her biscuits were always canned

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
I understand this is the wrong answer and the woke moralists will cancel me

but red lobster biscuits are the best biscuits of all time. of all time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

Lady Radia posted:

I understand this is the wrong answer and the woke moralists will cancel me

but red lobster biscuits are the best biscuits of all time. of all time