Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Draga
Dec 9, 2011

WASHI JA!
Will I still be able to use my Wolf Link amiibo to summon the Good Boy to help me?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Draga posted:

Will I still be able to use my Wolf Link amiibo to summon the Good Boy to help me?

Nope.

Epona is still an amiibo though, and fast as hell. The horses in this follow roads much better

Beautiful game:

Kinda crazy people are saying Yuzu is better

Barreft fucked around with this message at 01:08 on May 6, 2023

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

The new dash ability is so nice.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Wiltsghost posted:

The new dash ability is so nice.

Yeah I went there first hoping for Revali's Gale, but Gust has gotten me through much, including the Zora route. I dunno how I would've completed that without it.

This game is absolutely limitless for multiple playthroughs.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Do I really need to buy the rito clothes to get to the rito dungeon without freezing?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
No. You can wear the snow pants you got on tutorial skyland or chug potions or cold food. Or I guess constantly carry a torch or burn wooden weapons.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Edit figured it out

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 02:01 on May 6, 2023

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Khanstant posted:

No. You can wear the snow pants you got on tutorial skyland or chug potions or cold food. Or I guess constantly carry a torch or burn wooden weapons.

wait, what snow pants? never found them :negative:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The paths to each shrine seemed to have normal way and the weird detour with treasure and it was one of those, not sure which though.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Khanstant posted:

Okay I'm taking Yuzi out for a spin but despite having 30fps mod is playing at 60fos, but in the bad double speed way. I also do not see any option to toggle the resolution from 1x up to anything higher. Any of you yuzuheads know what I'm missing?

why would you ever use yuzu

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
because i wanted to see what rocks are supposed to look like and dirty ryu wasn't letting me apply the title patch. i think ryu normal version can handle the patches or whatever now.

The shader stutter in Yuzu is a lot more noticeable, didn't bother with one in ryu since it was microstutters but this is lagging. The rocks do look nice

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Khanstant posted:

because i wanted to see what rocks are supposed to look like and dirty ryu wasn't letting me apply the title patch. i think ryu normal version can handle the patches or whatever now.

The shader stutter in Yuzu is a lot more noticeable, didn't bother with one in ryu since it was microstutters but this is lagging. The rocks do look nice

Join the Steam Deck discord if you havent already

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I'm not playing on Steam Deck but I did join a discord just now and don't see why you'd say that

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Khanstant posted:

I'm not playing on Steam Deck but I did join a discord just now and don't see why you'd say that

cause its bannable here to say anything thatd help your experience

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Can we do that sneaky thing where we paste an encrypted string of text that we decode elsewhere? I'm wasting too muc htime setting up yuzu lol

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Joining a discord server takes like five seconds

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yeah I already joined it

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Khanstant posted:

Yeah I already joined it

If you're in ours, say something lol

https://streamable.com/u0jr9o
https://streamable.com/1hfv4d

Barreft fucked around with this message at 02:58 on May 6, 2023

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Game looks really nice.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Alright so the new Zelda has the Goatman everywhere.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Albatrossy_Rodent posted:

I never thought stamina was too low at the start of BotW. If anything, it could've been taken down a quarter. One wheel is enough to climb pretty much anything of you're smart about finding less steep inclines to dash up the wall.

Maybe I got so used to having a large amount of Stamina by the endgame I don't remember what it was like in the beginning, but a lot of the times I find myself chewing through the stamina just sprinting across large rooms or areas my horse can't access and Link's heaving shortly thereafter. I'm sure the Horse Whistle glitch is patched, but I wonder...

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Damnit, just ran a huge distance to chase down this fallen star stuck in a cliff on a mountain. Wasted my last good stamina foods and poo poo rushing over and up there ... And when I was close enough to grab it, it suddenly, like, spawned in properly with physics and lost tho big glow and started tumbling down the mountain. It bounced as I chased it and then broke or despawned. I ran past some weird poo poo too and now I can't remember which way I was.

I'm glad there are scarier enemies than Lynels this time. I haven't been able to fight any of the new throwback enemies.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Yeah the Goatse Shrines have to be on purpose lol I wish

Barreft fucked around with this message at 04:14 on May 6, 2023

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Khanstant posted:

Damnit, just ran a huge distance to chase down this fallen star stuck in a cliff on a mountain. Wasted my last good stamina foods and poo poo rushing over and up there ... And when I was close enough to grab it, it suddenly, like, spawned in properly with physics and lost tho big glow and started tumbling down the mountain. It bounced as I chased it and then broke or despawned. I ran past some weird poo poo too and now I can't remember which way I was.

I'm glad there are scarier enemies than Lynels this time. I haven't been able to fight any of the new throwback enemies.

Tired: chasing down fallen stars
Wired: Having them spawn when you're falling and skydiving to catch them, which you can also do with dragon parts now

Also for anyone who hates how slow you manuver in air, there's +skydiving clothing and all of them are obvious once you get the first one since they're all rewarded by "skydiving courses" that are visually very obvious and distinct from both the map and on foot once you know that's what they are

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Barreft posted:

Yeah the Goatse Shrines have to be on purpose lol I wish

I mean the game isn't above making dick jokes so I wouldn't put it past them.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

EVERY TIME GOING posted:

I mean the game isn't above making dick jokes so I wouldn't put it past them.

no ring, but cmon

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Butt cmon

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Can't decide which regional voiceover the noble sidekick sounds more dramatic in as he tells Link to stop chasing spicy frogs and get the gently caress in the anus of destiny to save ancient Greece.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
I've found Some Things about the dragons this time around

1. They don't seem to spawn/despawn anymore, just fly set paths and "depower" for a bit after you knock off a piece of them
2. They're physical objects you can stand on, intentionally-- you can collect spike shards by running up and down their back
3. The combination of the two means "standing on one's horn and shooting it with an arrow" to farm horn shards is a viable thing you can just do now
4. It's also totally valid to just ride one around to mark poo poo on the map to come back later to from the sky

posted from faron's horn

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I know I have to be missing a bunch of new Korok patterns. There are large areas of nothing where if I'm not missing a nearby hidden shrine, I'm at least missing some koroks.

Found a cave where only way through I could figure out was bringing in a bunch of materials from outside to make myself some hook ladders and bridges over freezing water. It was a pretty normal cave, I almost just left and figured I'd come back later or not worry about it. Turned out to be worth the time and had some specia cold attack yogal pants.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Nobody follows OSHA procedures in the sky Kingdom.
https://files.catbox.moe/8dwjtb.mp4

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
link has died and revived in this life at least twice, there's probably not a lot going on up there anyway

scrappy fights that you decidedly are not up to gear for are quite fun this time around. running around screaming as a bunch of blues and a boss chase you while chucking explosive barrels and fusing the giant spike balls while all twenty of the mobs can absolutely one shot you is probably not entirely what I should be doing right now, but I don't care

horse rangling remains a pain

there's big war sequences where you run along a posse and help them take over a fort, which is rad

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Gamerofthegame posted:

there's big war sequences where you run along a posse and help them take over a fort, which is rad

Or you go without the posse, shoot the biggest enemy you can find with a muddle arrow, and watch it fight the rest to the death

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Gamerofthegame posted:

having the horse harness is interesting but until/unless I find the horse-summoning armor again or the horsercycle (the version that doesn't take a bunch of stuff out of my inventory to construct) my horse is going to see even less use than botw

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

My elfboy getting properly equipped to gently caress up Gandalf.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Can someone spoil me on where you're supposed to meet Hestu? I already found him the back way, but he hints there's some initial meeting I missed. Just curious where it was supposed to be early on. Also forgot how much the extra item slots feel like a cheat code. I've gotten used to the minimum slots, what will I do with all these new spaces.

Also great Deku Tree adventure was fun, way better than the last one.

Gamerofthegame posted:

I saw a video of someone who made a giant bug catcher out of wood and a long handle and used it to make a corral around a horse w ultrahand

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

Khanstant posted:

Can someone spoil me on where you're supposed to meet Hestu? I already found him the back way, but he hints there's some initial meeting I missed. Just curious where it was supposed to be early on.

He's on the way up to the Lindor's Brow tower as you move toward it from the center of the map, and afterward he moves to Lookout Landing

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Absolutely lost my mind when I hung out on the back of a dragon for a while and then it dived into a loving chasm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cosmic Web
Jan 11, 2005

"Stand and deliver, that my hamster might have a better look at you!"
Fun Shoe

Escobarbarian posted:

Absolutely lost my mind when I hung out on the back of a dragon for a while and then it dived into a loving chasm

Saw it doing that near Kakariko :stare: