Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

That bastard Cody, and his catch phrase. Now I gotta learn a whole different language to "not watch" him say it, when is somebody going to do something about this guy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

emjayo posted:

i liked cody when he had that wwe.com series with wade barrett and it was just funny nonsensical bits

I miss Clem Layfield.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Eat My Fuc posted:

That bastard Cody, and his catch phrase. Now I gotta learn a whole different language to "not watch" him say it, when is somebody going to do something about this guy?

Spanish rap feud with konnan

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
“So what do you guys want to talk about” is just as bad as “who’s ready for story time with Adam Cole bay bay

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Astro7x posted:

“So what do you guys want to talk about” is just as bad as “who’s ready for story time with Adam Cole bay bay

So what you're saying is it's really good

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

I know we've been over this a bunch of times already, but hey guys, how loving funny is it that WWE chose to not put this guy over at Wrestlemania in favor of a guy who's not even on this show.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

MJeff posted:

I know we've been over this a bunch of times already, but hey guys, how loving funny is it that WWE chose to not put this guy over at Wrestlemania in favor of a guy who's not even on this show.

Why would Roman be on this show? He's canonically too cool and powerful to have to wrestle on the wrestling show

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Endless Mike posted:

Why would Roman be on this show? He's canonically too cool and powerful to have to wrestle on the wrestling show

The greatest truth WWE has told us - wrestlers are lame.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
shouldnt the person who won big at wrestlemania be the person to face some sort of wrestlemania backlash

oh ok

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

oh so he's going to sign another five year contract with wwe then retire

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Ad by Khad posted:

shouldnt the person who won big at wrestlemania be the person to face some sort of wrestlemania backlash

oh ok

Backlash over what? He won

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

he's not good enough to work Backlash!?

Julio Cruz fucked around with this message at 22:53 on May 5, 2023

emjayo
Apr 11, 2013

does roman get to hold onto the belts?

like, are they propped up on the chair he puts his laundry on at home or

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

flashy_mcflash posted:

He wears a disguise to look like human guys
But he's not the champ, and he's getting booed

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
:laffo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDmNogUWkHs

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
when is backlash

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Seams posted:

when is backlash

May 6th.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Seams posted:

when is backlash

why is backlash

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
tfw nobody asks how is backlash :(

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

emjayo posted:

i liked cody when he had that wwe.com series with wade barrett and it was just funny nonsensical bits

That was when they took over The JBL and Cole Show, which IMO is one of the best things the company has done in the modern era.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Vandar posted:

That was when they took over The JBL and Cole Show, which IMO is one of the best things the company has done in the modern era.

That, Southpaw Regional Wrestling and Talking Smack. Funny how the Vince-less YouTube shows where the wrestlers were allowed more creative freedom were more entertaining and naturally funny than all the overscripted poo poo on the main shows.

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Germansimp posted:

That, Southpaw Regional Wrestling and Talking Smack. Funny how the Vince-less YouTube shows where the wrestlers were allowed more creative freedom were more entertaining and naturally funny than all the overscripted poo poo on the main shows.

I was more engaged with the story of Heath Slate- sorry, I mean Big Clem Layfield, being JBL's nephew than any ongoing WWE storylines.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Sara Lee's death has been ruled a suicide. The county medical examiner's office announced that she had a toxic mixture of amphetamines, doxylamine (Unisom, a sleep aid) and alcohol in her system. :smith:

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
The best thing about the JBL and Cole show is that it was just everyone having a laugh backstage and making a sort of weird sitcom to pass the time. I like it when people have fun, even when one of those individuals is JBL of all people.

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
RE: The F4W vid on the new title tournament: Every day that passes Vince shows more and more that the AE was a total fluke and the only thing he can be given credit for is being born to a man with an already relatively successful wrestling promotion.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I am still sad that they never made the "Southpaw" wrestling series 3 that they teased with this video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63WvaM7E0u4

And as a thought experiment, I sometimes like to think what Southpaw would have been like with Vince's involvement.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

BrigadierSensible posted:

And as a thought experiment, I sometimes like to think what Southpaw would have been like with Vince's involvement.

It would just be people saying things like "durrr I'm a dumb southerner and I love RASSLIN!" and "hi I'm Musty Chodes and I'll never beat that smart handsome booker up north."

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I am still sad that they never made the "Southpaw" wrestling series 3 that they teased with this video.

Impact tried to do something like that but it was mostly pretty mediocre. Callis doing Edge's original gimmick is pretty fun though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hMl_6LXtwg

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!

flashy_mcflash posted:

Impact tried to do something like that but it was mostly pretty mediocre. Callis doing Edge's original gimmick is pretty fun though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hMl_6LXtwg

did Disco Inferno sue them for stealing his Bill Ding gimmick idea?

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/TheEnemiesPE3/status/1654823110468685827?s=20

lmao

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

neoaxd posted:

I was more engaged with the story of Heath Slate- sorry, I mean Big Clem Layfield, being JBL's nephew than any ongoing WWE storylines.

I always wondered why they didn't do this storyline on WWE TV, just have Slater find out he's related after a fake relative passes or something, Slater deserved better in WWE

And I love the Impact version of Southpaw, it goes full shithouse crazy

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 14:44 on May 6, 2023

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://www.bodyslam.net/2023/05/06/exclusive-update-on-colby-corinos-wwe-status/

Due to the hiring freeze which is absolutely not happening, Colby Corino is now a free agent

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

colby goes back to DPW, first words into a microphone are "SKEE-WHOOOOOOOOOOAH"

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Alaois posted:

colby goes back to DPW, first words into a microphone are "SKEE-WHOOOOOOOOOOAH"

Why would DPW hire Colby Corino number twooooooo

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I'm pretty sure Southpaw 3 exists *somewhere,* they just didn't put it out because they released everyone in it.

Envisioned
Dec 31, 2007

Hasta la Sunset Vista, baby

Aren't they legally bound to do this from the WWF settlement? Not that they aren't petty about the past, but don't think this one's by choice.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Envisioned posted:

Aren't they legally bound to do this from the WWF settlement? Not that they aren't petty about the past, but don't think this one's by choice.

It just seems like a very avoidable problem to not have to edit a blur into the whole final segment of the show

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Did Cody lose to Brock?

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
Show doesn't start for a few more hours, but yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

quote:

- Raw Women's Title: Bianca Belair vs. IYO SKY

- Seth Rollins vs. Omos

- US Title: Austin Theory vs. Bobby Lashley vs. Bronson Reed

- Smackdown Women's Title: Rhea Ripley vs. Zelina

- San Juan Street Fight: Bad Bunny vs. Damian Priest

- Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn & Matt Riddle vs. Bloodline

- Cody Rhodes vs. Brock Lesnar.

Backstage News

- As mentioned this weekend, WWE put an insane number of Puerto Rico LWO shirts on hand.

- Everyone is listed on their new brands internally, but Bianca Belair and IYO SKY's are listed as Raw. We're told this was just an error.

- Rod Zapata is set to referee the night's Main Event.

- Other ref assignments include Dan Engler for the six-man tag match, Eddie Orengo for Priest vs. Bunny, Jessika Carr for Smackdown Women's Title and Rollins vs. Omos. Jason Ayers for the Raw Women's Title and U.S. Title

- There are no pre-show matches listed