Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
ts probably not actually the devs they just have some anticheat thats looking consecutive skills happening too fast or something and blamming you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
hosed up

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Craig K posted:

path of exile's experience graph is logarithmic, as in "levels 1-90 are as much total experience as levels 91-100". and in addition there's penalties for wildly outleveling the content you're doing that you eventually cannot avoid if you're pushing to 100. either way grats on 90 on the PS5 duder

I could grind to 93-95 farming betrayal if I really wanted to I guess. It didn’t take me a ton of time today to get a couple xp bars (I lost all of it lol) but I’m running corrupted red maps for the first time and sometimes I just get instantly killed so I’m not worrying about xp for the moment. I’m torn between farming for gear I want or bumping up the difficulty to make better gear drops more probable - I opted for the latter

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Grassy Knowles posted:

How the hell do they know

Beats me but they can and do ban people for using macros apparently.

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

ts probably not actually the devs they just have some anticheat thats looking consecutive skills happening too fast or something and blamming you

It’s probably something like this and even if you could program your controller to stagger button presses slightly, unless the inputs are randomized, you’d probably get caught sooner or later. I don’t really want to pay $200 for a macro controller anyway.

Fuckin’ crazy that they will ban your account over binding 3 inputs to one though. Man, that would have ruined my D2 hammerdin

Frank Frank fucked around with this message at 05:48 on May 6, 2023

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
oh yeah that too. using

code:
;
; AutoHotkey Version: 1.x
; Language:       English
; Platform:       Win9x/NT
; Author:         
;
; Script Function:
;	path of exile flask script
;

#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

6::{1}{2}{3}{4}{5}
is like masturbating. everybody does it but you're not actually going to get in trouble with it unless you're caught on stream openly doing it

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Cuttlefush posted:

perhaps a pet

I'm forced to assume Frank Frank is literally all of the dogs in his av IRL

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I put like 80 hours into POE over the course of 3 weeks or some poo poo and hella burned myself out lmao. Had alot of fun though, got a juggernaut to 80 and a Pathfinder to like 85.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Ammat The Ankh posted:

I'm forced to assume Frank Frank is literally all of the dogs in his av IRL

One of those dogs is my actual pet and he is snoring in my armpit as I type this

Also everyone is always their avatar

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Frank Frank posted:

it's not hard, folks.

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
behold

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I put like 80 hours into POE over the course of 3 weeks or some poo poo and hella burned myself out lmao. Had alot of fun though, got a juggernaut to 80 and a Pathfinder to like 85.

I took a “newbie friendly” basic blade vortex assassin build for my first go through because the guide said it would be easy (it wasn’t)

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Lady Radia posted:

it's not hard, folks.

Hey WB btw

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Frank Frank posted:

I took a “newbie friendly” basic blade vortex assassin build for my first go through because the guide said it would be easy (it wasn’t)

newbie friendly in path of exile is a four hour video explaining how to set up the five third party websites and three pieces of complementary software you'll need

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Frank Frank posted:

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Frank Frank posted:

i would like a new avatar please

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Craig K posted:

newbie friendly in path of exile is a four hour video explaining how to set up the five third party websites and three pieces of complementary software you'll need

And complimentary invite to a DIscord full of obsessive stock brokers but for a game's economy.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Craig K posted:

Not me. I just took a running start and plowed into it full speed leading with the crown of my skull. It’s funny though because the more you play, the more questions you ask which leads you to all those 3rd party sites you mentioned. I’m now able to make money trading, killed Catarina on my first attempt and since the game was free I spent like $10 to have a dog who follows me everywhere

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Yeah man that one is p bad. You mod CSPAM now though so no real point in buying you a new one

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

qnqnx posted:

And complimentary invite to a DIscord full of obsessive stock brokers but for a game's economy.

he aint kidding, btw

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Frank Frank posted:

Yeah man that one is p bad. You mod CSPAM now though so no real point in buying you a new one

im going to keep it for a few more days so the person who bought it doesnt waste their money

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

qnqnx posted:

I have yet to join the discord and tbh it wouldn’t do me any good anyway because I’m on PS5.

I suppose the nice part about the game’s lovely economy is I get almost twice what people on PC pay for the Catarina stuff I farm.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

im going to keep it for a few more days so the person who bought it doesnt waste their money

It’s CSPAM. Lol if you think they will ever stop giving you lovely avatars

Ok I’m going to bed. Gng

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i thought you got it for yourself

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
i am my avatar

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

lol

cursed

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I preferred the console controls for PoE. Also I played all the way through the story just putting points into whatever felt right. The game is way more chill if you aren't trying to be good enough for the endgame of doing randomly generated challenge maps forever.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Every time people talk about PoE I get excited before I realise they just mean Path of Exile

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

SirSamVimes posted:

Every time people talk about PoE I get excited before I realise they just mean Path of Exile

this happens to me every time. i loving get so hype. ropekid didn't work in the Bavarian salt mines just for us to steal the acronym for his greatest series

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
i am now addicted to microsoft flight simulator 2020 and i have logged 83 hours in planes i dont know how to fly

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
what’s up with going after decade old posts anyway

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

goblin week posted:

are u talking about the sex creep? bc we've established how posters found those posts, and it is a very straightforward normal way.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

goblin week posted:

well in this case the poster's April 2023 dragon dick thread got gassed and then after the gassing people said "yeah this person has been posting threads like this for a decade"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

goblin week posted:

its more like someone made a really bad post and then someone found older posts theyd made that showed it was a pattern of behavior over time

goblin week
Jan 26, 2019

Absolute clown.
oh ok. carry on then

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

goblin week posted:

i don't think looking back at a goldmined thread and going "actually, this was weird in retrospect and maybe we shouldn't be encouraging this anymore" is bad. "going after" is even kind of misleading, it's not like anyone got punished for stuff from a long time ago. an old thread got un-goldmined. not a huge deal.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

prayer group posted:

i don't think looking back at a goldmined thread and going "actually, this was weird in retrospect and maybe we shouldn't be encouraging this anymore" is bad. "going after" is even kind of misleading, it's not like anyone got punished for stuff from a long time ago. an old thread got un-goldmined. not a huge deal.

well the op of it got banned but it was more a ban for the realization that hed been posting like that for a decade

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

prayer group posted:

it's not like anyone got punished

the poster in question got a ban+30

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

goblin week posted:

oh ok. carry on then

we dont talk about that one actually

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i dont really care what made applewhite horny but he kept posting weird poo poo making people uncomfortable and treating others like fetish objects and was writing and posting fetish material that can be considered transphobic. the dragon dicks and boob thread showed he had not moved on or changed from this behavior and he was punished for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
If the dude hadn't been posting dragon dong adjacent things for ten years and instead had outgrown it and begun posting normally he probably would not have been banned

But instead it's been a decade of horny CYOA