Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Brianne you snitch

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Chapter: 2 - Adventuring Academy
Page: 10
Title: Refresh

We see Marie's closet.
Author's Notes
Did a visual refresh, so there's going to be some growing pains as we work our way through it. I had to change the design up, because in a fit of... Idk what to call it a schizo moment I guess (literal), I deleted all my Daz Models and files, and then deleted the back ups, and burned everything to the ground because I was upset. I couldn't really tell you what I was upset about, but boy oh boy, was your girl mad. After getting a hold of myself again, I realized I could use this as a reason to start over with my art style and my art work. So I remade everyone in a better image in my head, (the de-bishification of Uncle being one of them,) and worked on getting an update out. I ended up cutting this update in half, so I'd have one in the tank still.

Boba Pearl has a new favorite as of 18:28 on Jun 28, 2023

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Giant Ethicist posted:

Re: LTTP Sleepless Domain chat: Personally I'd always assumed HP not recognizing Tessa was because of some kind of memory mind fuckery, the same kind of thing that makes nobody remember Anemone. But I guess theres no actual in-text reason given to think so.

Chako: If you don’t recognize the German (you philistine) she’s singing this.

Chako can do everything. I have mad respect for anyone who pulls that song off, even if they are fictional.

cant cook creole bream has a new favorite as of 01:37 on May 6, 2023

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Boba i dont remember anyone mentioning it before but the way the text glows on Boot's website is really cool

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

working on an art inspired by the Awaken my Masters page and it's really loving hard to get that right kind of Joey's Special Experience Feel TM without it going off the rails one way or another

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

CrocodileKingSaysNO posted:

Boba i dont remember anyone mentioning it before but the way the text glows on Boot's website is really cool

Thank you, it's was just a thing you can set in CSS and so I was immediately like "I gotta turn that poo poo on."

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

RICE BOY

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

THE CARPET MERCHANT OF KONSTANTINIYYA

Approx 50 (landscape) pages remain. The masquerade party the Persiaboos invited them to will be the final arc.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Bybloemen

And just like that, we're caught up. Bybloemen updates on Fridays at https://www.bybloemen.com/

Are people happy shoving that into their RSS feeds, or should I repost the updates here? I might scumbag it and just drop the twitter update post.

Emzedoh posted:

What's your favourite engine?

Something I meant to comment on earlier: apparently in Shinozaki-verse, make up and cat ear headbands are hereditary. I think it's funny though, the eyeshadow makes Mahiru look a little punk rock while Yuuyake just looks tired. Those headband though - we've met a bunch of magicians now with animal traits, what if they're like... built in? Or hiding actual cat ears?

Shinozaki's Daily Maintenance

A 40 year day trip, magicians in this setting are just too whimsical.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Emzedoh posted:

Are people happy shoving that into their RSS feeds, or should I repost the updates here? I might scumbag it and just drop the twitter update post.

I would really appreciate it if you kept us up to date here, Bybloemen is one of my favorite comics in this thread and I like seeing it here. Thanks for posting it :)

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Boba Pearl posted:

Chapter: 2 - Adventuring Academy
Page: 10
Title: Refresh

We see Marie's closet.
Author's Notes
Did a visual refresh, so there's going to be some growing pains as we work our way through it. I had to change the design up, because in a fit of... Idk what to call it a schizo moment I guess (literal), I deleted all my Daz Models and files, and then deleted the back ups, and burned everything to the ground because I was upset. I couldn't really tell you what I was upset about, but boy oh boy, was your girl mad. After getting a hold of myself again, I realized I could use this as a reason to start over with my art style and my art work. So I remade everyone in a better image in my head, (the de-bishification of Uncle being one of them,) and worked on getting an update out. I ended up cutting this update in half, so I'd have one in the tank still.

these colours look so fuckin good oh my god

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

working on an art inspired by the Awaken my Masters page and it's really loving hard to get that right kind of Joey's Special Experience Feel TM without it going off the rails one way or another

still a few hours from done but oh my god I had to take a break from laughing my rear end off, the sheer ANATOMY in that panel is killing me

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

Typically, Ray fails to take into account the actual aerodynamic requirements of a propellor.

There is something, so in order to be polite, Philippe must use it.

Molly's father doesn't trust any technology that yields to a kick.

e-dt has a new favorite as of 03:40 on May 6, 2023

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

Giant Ethicist posted:

Re: LTTP Sleepless Domain chat: Personally I'd always assumed HP not recognizing Tessa was because of some kind of memory mind fuckery, the same kind of thing that makes nobody remember Anemone. But I guess theres no actual in-text reason given to think so.

Chako: If you don’t recognize the German (you philistine) she’s singing this.

I hate that I had no idea what this song was in the first two comics, then instantly recognized it in the third.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Finally, more rear end

Hempuli posted:

133 - Time
134 - Equipment
135 - Bells, rattles or flutes
136 - Hearing something else
137 - All over me

138 - Rolling

139 - Chop

140 - Drown

141 - Think the river

142 - Weak and dizzy

:smith:

Alien species seen: 47
:biotruths:: 6
Talking character deaths: 9 (+1 Rum)
Deaths overall: 37+ (+1 Rum & +lots of bugs)

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

skeleton warrior posted:

And now, the last Hothead Paisan outing. Part 1 of 3:

Hothead Paisan, the last episode, part 2 of 3.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

I haven't been following Hothead closely, but I wanted to say that the sequence in today's update where she comes apart and puts herself back together is pretty cool.

Youremother posted:

I would really appreciate it if you kept us up to date here, Bybloemen is one of my favorite comics in this thread and I like seeing it here. Thanks for posting it :)

Ok, no worries. Probably just drop the twitter embed though.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Emzedoh posted:

I haven't been following Hothead closely, but I wanted to say that the sequence in today's update where she comes apart and puts herself back together is pretty cool.

Yeah, it's one of the reasons I really like the compliation of her strips, it becomes very clear how much stronger she got as an artist and draftswoman in technique and composition.

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

e-dt posted:

Typically, Ray fails to take into account the actual aerodynamic requirements of a propellor.

There is something, so in order to be polite, Philippe must use it.

Molly's father doesn't trust any technology that yields to a kick.

I've been out of this thread for a couple months, so I don't know if it's come up, but
https://www.patreon.com/Achewood

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

e-dt posted:

"You have a really selfish idea of how to die from helicopters" is one of those phrases that has just rattled around my brain and popped into thought for no reason ever since i saw this strip over a decade and a half ago

edit:

Silly Newbie posted:

I've been out of this thread for a couple months, so I don't know if it's come up, but
https://www.patreon.com/Achewood

lol goddamn, i'll take that as a sign to pay the man his due

Coca Koala has a new favorite as of 04:55 on May 6, 2023

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Bitchy Butch: World's Angriest Dyke

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/achewood/status/1654696136467439619?s=21&t=AgwqWtMjTzmWNNIkdQsveQ

Someone give me the money to give to Onstad.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

The Adventures of Dr. McNinja - Issue #1: "Meet The Doctor and His Friendly Staff"

Raluek posted:

man i forgot how great this comic is
Honestly, same. The comic really picks up as it ages (and I'll be calling out the actual ideal starting point when it arrives with the shift to color), but I'd forgotten how many great moments are in even this first issue.

Honestly the art is one of the biggest improvements over time -- Hastings has a ton of talent, especially at laying out the flow of a comics page, but the inking-without-shading doesn't do his art many favors in these early issues. Some of the busier pages aren't easy to read, and the later addition of shading and eventually color are huge boons.

Ditocoaf has a new favorite as of 05:58 on May 6, 2023

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Calexio posted:

If nobody else is going to hop on this, I'm thinking it might be time to break 15 years of avatar-less-ness.

Also, there are so many good comics being posted at the moment! I wish I had something valuable to add to discussions but I don't. Greatly appreciated the Opplopolis ending discussions a while ago because I was way too stupid for that comic but enjoyed the ride.

A well chosen av. Gyoza and beer!

Emzedoh posted:

Wakako-Zake 27th Night: Mapo tofu

Wakako-Zake 28th Night: Shrimp Ahijo

It's always ok to ask for another baguette.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Really looking forward to this. Or dreading it. Perhaps both.

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

LAST TIME ON CLOWN CORPS

Calexio
Jun 12, 2008

Gyoza and beer

Emzedoh posted:

A well chosen av. Gyoza and beer!

Thank you! I was reading back through, trying to find a quote to go with the first one, and, well, I do love gyoza and beer! Every strip of Wakako-zake reminds me I need to get out and explore the restaurants around my area more.

Clown Corps continues to rule as well.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Kill Six Billion Demons

Alt: It took Allison a long time to make a full 52 card deck from scratch and even longer to explain that the human figures on the cards weren't actual kings and queens, much to white chain's consternation

quote:

Poker Face

Alt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_B0CyOAO8y0

quote:

Herald

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I love White Chain and I love this

Thanks!
I want to draw one for Alison to round out the trio, but she's proving really difficult. Must be a Royalty thing.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

You know, I just checked the K6DB thread in BSS to see what they were making of the last couple updates and it looks like for the last week they've been arguing about Fallout New Vegas.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Emzedoh posted:

You know, I just checked the K6DB thread in BSS to see what they were making of the last couple updates and it looks like for the last week they've been arguing about Fallout New Vegas.

Putting into spoilers just because it's about the most recent updates:
The current update makes me pretty happy about the direction of things. A lot of people understandably flipped out about the previous update because it seemed pretty dark and moved into territory that's usually not handled very well and often brought up for cheap drama (sexual assault/coercion/rape). It made Maya seem like a victim and that an aspect of her strength was specifically thanks to the work/abuse of a man. Fortunately the most recent update makes it really clear that's not the case

CrocodileKingSaysNO
Jul 25, 2007

Inspired by the timing of Joey's Special Experience syncing up with our very own Boba Pearl's Boots in a way that makes sense in MY brain (the pillar men are buff and mostly naked, much like the party in adventuring boots) so i set about having them Get Equipped with fun dress up props. I hope you enjoy, and remember to read right to left.

ACCESSORIZE, MY GUILDIES!

honestly i think i nailed it. most fun i've had drawing in a long time. tried my best to color boba style. they are in Marie's dressing room which has green carpet and green walls and color coded end caps based on the color of clothes on that "aisle"

when the idea first struck me i had to choose which character to portray which character: i thought of having Marie play as Wham giving the call to action and "presenting" her newly dressed friends from the foreground. This would have Jaina play as Cars, holding a phone taking pictures instead of the stone mask. either way i planned on having Spinnelope play AC/DC in the bg based on her striking a similar pose in a recent update. In the end I chose the maybe less inspired option of just going with Jaina = smaller = you're Wham /// Marie = leader = you're Cars.

character models:

I drew Jaina first and had to get creative with her outfit, I wanted to show off the strapped sandals, so I had to give her the shredded shorts hulk style instead of the normal full length pants. I also wanted to show off the abs gifted from the source material so off popped some buttons and the sleeves are gone too to show off the wrist bracelets.

I drew Marie second and maybe i have her pegged wrong but she strikes me as the kind of character that would go full Abu in the Cave of Wonders if presented with a bunch of fancy jewelry and just put it all on regardless of what matched with what. She has a kind of feather boa that is colored to match the black mana from earlier in the comic. in the end i have her catching air instead of holding an object because i didn't have any ideas at the time.

I drew Spinnelope last and man I couldn't have her just buck naked like AC/DC in the original so I put her in the dress seen in a recent update. I gave her the funny hat AC/DC has and took creative liberties by adding the word STRONG to it cuz i think it's funny. much like EMPTY PANEL ! is a joke based on how the original panel just has a sound effect and some dirt and rocks as filler.

now to hit post and take a biiiiig sleep

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Heh, the cards are even visibly hand-drawn like the Gomorrah decks.

Emzedoh
Jun 26, 2013

Kit Walker posted:

Putting into spoilers just because it's about the most recent updates:
The current update makes me pretty happy about the direction of things. A lot of people understandably flipped out about the previous update because it seemed pretty dark and moved into territory that's usually not handled very well and often brought up for cheap drama (sexual assault/coercion/rape). It made Maya seem like a victim and that an aspect of her strength was specifically thanks to the work/abuse of a man. Fortunately the most recent update makes it really clear that's not the case

Yeah, that's about what I was thinking too.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
It's good to see TBH, and Abaddon does seem to be sticking to his guns and telling something compelling without falling into some of the worse areas of storytelling.

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Inspired by the timing of Joey's Special Experience syncing up with our very own Boba Pearl's Boots in a way that makes sense in MY brain (the pillar men are buff and mostly naked, much like the party in adventuring boots) so i set about having them Get Equipped with fun dress up props. I hope you enjoy, and remember to read right to left.

honestly i think i nailed it. most fun i've had drawing in a long time. tried my best to color boba style. they are in Marie's dressing room which has green carpet and green walls and color coded end caps based on the color of clothes on that "aisle"

when the idea first struck me i had to choose which character to portray which character: i thought of having Marie play as Wham giving the call to action and "presenting" her newly dressed friends from the foreground. This would have Jaina play as Cars, holding a phone taking pictures instead of the stone mask. either way i planned on having Spinnelope play AC/DC in the bg based on her striking a similar pose in a recent update. In the end I chose the maybe less inspired option of just going with Jaina = smaller = you're Wham /// Marie = leader = you're Cars.

character models:

I drew Jaina first and had to get creative with her outfit, I wanted to show off the strapped sandals, so I had to give her the shredded shorts hulk style instead of the normal full length pants. I also wanted to show off the abs gifted from the source material so off popped some buttons and the sleeves are gone too to show off the wrist bracelets.

I drew Marie second and maybe i have her pegged wrong but she strikes me as the kind of character that would go full Abu in the Cave of Wonders if presented with a bunch of fancy jewelry and just put it all on regardless of what matched with what. She has a kind of feather boa that is colored to match the black mana from earlier in the comic. in the end i have her catching air instead of holding an object because i didn't have any ideas at the time.

I drew Spinnelope last and man I couldn't have her just buck naked like AC/DC in the original so I put her in the dress seen in a recent update. I gave her the funny hat AC/DC has and took creative liberties by adding the word STRONG to it cuz i think it's funny. much like EMPTY PANEL ! is a joke based on how the original panel just has a sound effect and some dirt and rocks as filler.

ahaha this is great

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

character models:

:perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

:wow: