Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

KomradeX posted:

I don't think if this is controversial but I don't think vtubers are any more cringe than any other streamer

they're not, its just that goons still think it's 2007 and turn into a frothing mad rabies victim at the sight of anything remotely anime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
I am anime

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

im hearing that most of these "v tubers" are women, so right off the bat,

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

what does the “v” stand for if it’s mostly
women doing it

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

vagideo

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Shipon posted:

they're not, its just that goons still think it's 2007 and turn into a frothing mad rabies victim at the sight of anything remotely anime

Vtubers, like anime, are trash

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
What about Japanimation? :kiddo:

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
I just find it charming that there are anime girls playing videogames on the internet.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Tankbuster posted:

I just find it charming that there are anime girls playing videogames on the internet.

Girls don’t play video games

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Girls don’t play video games

correct; they're playing a fictional character that plays video games

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
It's good that they are definitely women

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Futanari Damacy posted:

It's good that they are definitely women

same op

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

The flashing lights and irregular noises confuse their delicate brains which have evolved over many millions of years to perfectly discern the difference between the scent of lavender and hyacinth

Gynecologists generally warn that even a few moments of exposure can leave a woman in a dazed fawn like state completely incapable of even a basic flight or fight response to imminent danger

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

hunting women in the swamps with a net and a ring-light

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Shipon posted:

the vtuber thread on these forums got gassed because it was full of creeps sexualizing the anime children lol

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

wanting to stream and also not worry about weirdos on the internet stalking you or talking about how you look all the time is extremely understandable. but also lol

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

I have no opinion about v-tubers except it's probably overall positive compared to every failed youtuber having years of them doing the soy face to drive engagement for management to look up once they try a new carrier.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Fellatio del Toro posted:

wanting to stream and also not worry about weirdos on the internet stalking you or talking about how you look all the time is extremely understandable. but also lol

yeah i completely understand the creator side, just not the viewer side

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

i say swears online posted:

this but for streaming in general

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

what do you mean? usually it’s just the same gaming or talking content it’d be otherwise with or without an avatar at all

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

The only streamer I like to watch does not use face cams or vtube avatars, and I'd probably like him a lot less if either of those things were not true

I'm here to see obscure and nigh unplayable anomalies from decades past being showcased, not to see some nerd or some cartoon react to things

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

my bony fealty posted:

the vtuber thread on these forums got gassed because it was full of creeps sexualizing the anime children lol

Yeah, that was recent like 2020 or 2021 or whenever. It happened like 3 times during that period.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

As a discerning and evolved consumer I prefer to watch my video without sound and listen to my sounds without video

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Mr. Lobe posted:

The only streamer I like to watch does not use face cams or vtube avatars, and I'd probably like him a lot less if either of those things were not true

I'm here to see obscure and nigh unplayable anomalies from decades past being showcased, not to see some nerd or some cartoon react to things

SuperGreatFriend stays winning by only using gifs of The Rock when he is coerced into doing react content

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i lay in bed and use my mind's eye to envision the perfect stream

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

KirbyKhan posted:

SuperGreatFriend stays winning by only using gifs of The Rock when he is coerced into doing react content

That's the guy alright

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

same reason anyone watches anime and cartoons, they can't empathize with 3D humans

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Streaming confuses me. I open a video link and I’ll be like “three and a half minutes! Who has the time for this” and then I just go listen to four hours of podcasts instead

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Streaming confuses me. I open a video link and I’ll be like “three and a half minutes! Who has the time for this” and then I just go listen to four hours of podcasts instead

that's just video. streaming is saying you have better things to do and then watching a woman walk across the entirety of taiwan for two weeks straight

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

that's just video. streaming is saying you have better things to do and then watching a woman walk across the entirety of taiwan for two weeks straight

Ok you have changed my mind. Links?

For real though when I run on the treadmill I’ll play these long videos of jogging in places like rio or nyc or Maui and it’s probably the best thing YouTube ever did

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Ok you have changed my mind. Links?

For real though when I run on the treadmill I’ll play these long videos of jogging in places like rio or nyc or Maui and it’s probably the best thing YouTube ever did

lol yeah i was actually referencing a real event, jinnytty is literally walking across the island but it's not exactly exciting

there are several long-distance cyclists who stream their trips like Hitch and sarah bridgewater, who is currently doing a loop around the entirety of portugal and spain. it's relaxing and the viewership is low enough where they'll answer questions and poo poo. i try to support traveling cyclist streams with my twitch prime every month since it's also the hobby i'd be doing if i had the time and money

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

HashtagGirlboss posted:

come on dude

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Every vtuber is transmedium and thus I am oath bound to defend the idea

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

hunting women in the swamps with a net and a ring-light

lol

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I like vtubers, not like the idol Japanese sweatshop ones, the regular degular ones. It absolutely cannot be talked about on these boards, it's been tried, it's never not been too horny.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
I've been getting into Bryan Quinby's "Guys" podcast and it's pretty fun so far. Christman's "History Guys" episode was good, so was "Classic Rock Guys" with Chris Wade.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

why don't they make cartoon faces that are unattractive, like mainichi kaa-san, i bet that'd be easy to animate

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

vtuber character select screen

also works for podcasters

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

in 5-10 years these forums are going to get into constant debates around adult diapers and in another 10 years only the zoomers will live

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

Majorian posted:

I've been getting into Bryan Quinby's "Guys" podcast and it's pretty fun so far. Christman's "History Guys" episode was good, so was "Classic Rock Guys" with Chris Wade.

which classic rock band/artists did they talk about