Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Jimbozig posted:

I'm honestly having a hard time watching a game where you can just grab a guy by the neck and drive his head into the ice. Like, I was around when they suspended Uncle Todd for life for doing a similar thing.

DOPS is genuinely insane-making. Oh good, they're setting an example by giving Bunting 3 games. Then they don't loving follow their own example they just set with any of these other hits to the head in multiple series.

To get a multi-game playoff suspension, you either need to straight murder a man who just put in an empty netter, have brown skin, or be a Leaf. God help you if you have brown skin and are a Leaf.

It makes me furious to see these plays. Then I wish grievous injuries on people - the offenders, yes, but also any skilled players on their team. Then I feel absolutely disgusted with myself for wishing that, because that's awful. Then I just feel sad because they're never going to change. It just feels inevitable that one of these years I'm going to see another man get his neck broken or even die on the ice. It's making it hard to watch hockey at all.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Jimbozig posted:

I'm honestly having a hard time watching a game where you can just grab a guy by the neck and drive his head into the ice. Like, I was around when they suspended Uncle Todd for life for doing a similar thing.

DOPS is genuinely insane-making. Oh good, they're setting an example by giving Bunting 3 games. Then they don't loving follow their own example they just set with any of these other hits to the head in multiple series.

To get a multi-game playoff suspension, you either need to straight murder a man who just put in an empty netter, have brown skin, or be a Leaf. God help you if you have brown skin and are a Leaf.

It makes me furious to see these plays. Then I wish grievous injuries on people - the offenders, yes, but also any skilled players on their team. Then I feel absolutely disgusted with myself for wishing that, because that's awful. Then I just feel sad because they're never going to change. It just feels inevitable that one of these years I'm going to see another man get his neck broken or even die on the ice. It's making it hard to watch hockey at all.

It was the same as Bertuzzi on Moore you are right

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

Jimbozig posted:

I was wrong. It’s great having the leafs in the playoffs.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lol the dops defenders have logged on

Lmao

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Playoff posting is heating up

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

We don’t call this time of year Meltdown May for nothing.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
here we go baby

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

Jimbozig posted:

hahahahahahaha

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

Wonderllama posted:

I was wrong. It’s great having the leafs in the playoffs.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Not NHL, but definitely LOL

https://twitter.com/connorhrabchak1/status/1654648208461537281?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Hagelin on the Caps did that a year or so ago.

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Holy moley lmao

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

5 of the goalie goals in NHL history have come from those.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I don't think the goalie should be allowed to leave the ice for an extra skater in those scenarios, but he should be allowed to skate up and join the play in the offensive end.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

5 of the goalie goals in NHL history have come from those.

I saw Mika Noronen "score" one of those in person!

It's not even in my top 5 disappointing Leafs memories.

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY

Powershift posted:

I don't think the goalie should be allowed to leave the ice for an extra skater in those scenarios, but he should be allowed to skate up and join the play in the offensive end.
It should be the other way around. The league should ban goalies and allow for six skaters. Think of the goal-scoring.

Habibi
Dec 8, 2004

We have the capability to make San Jose's first Cup Champion.

The Sharks could be that Champion.

This happens in the NHL like once a season. Always good times.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Who can forget Loui Eriksson's Canuck debut?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt9KxLBfB50

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
Defense wins championships.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I’m gonna say right now, I don’t think Bunting eating the only multi-game suspension of the playoffs so far, despite having no priors and other people with priors doing equally injurious stuff, is due to him being a Maple Leaf. I think everyone in the league from bottom to top actually just really loving hates Michael Bunting.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

ThinkTank posted:

Who can forget Loui Eriksson's Canuck debut?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pt9KxLBfB50

lol, didn't that end in a 2-1 shutout for Miller?

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Jimbozig posted:

lmao

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

When you really think about it, being a Leaf is exactly like being a POC in the NHL

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

WeaponX posted:

When you really think about it, being a Leaf is exactly like being a POC in the NHL

lmfao

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
https://twitter.com/MattLoug/status/1654925116864643073

https://twitter.com/MattLoug/status/1654914719843532800

Looks like it's going to be this to start:

Palat – Hischier – Bratt
Meier – JHughes – Mercer
Haula – Boqvist – Tatar
Wood – McLeod – Bastian

Siegenthaler – Hamilton
Bahl – Marino
LHughes – Severson

Vanecek

I don't think it matters that much as just about everyone needs to play significantly better for them to have any chance in the series, but I think this kind of lineup gives them the best chance to win. Luke could be a pretty solid addition with his ability to skate away from pressure and be a one man breakout, but it's going to be a really hard situation to come into for his first playoff game.

T-Bone fucked around with this message at 20:25 on May 6, 2023

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Akira Schmid is a quality name. Maybe not hall of fame but certainly hall of very good.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
His parents are weebs and named him after anime.

abuse culture.
Sep 8, 2004
IIRC his brother is named SSJ3 Gotenks

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

abuse culture. posted:

lol

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

honestly it could completely backfire if he makes bad decisions against the Canes forecheck, but at this point why not? it's not like Graves was making good decisions either

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

abuse culture. posted:

you joke but his brothers name is actually Krilin

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Graves really has played himself off the devils in the playoffs. I thought there was a chance they would bring him back but I would be shocked now.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Jimbozig posted:

This is precious

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
My god... Paul Maurice's Florida Panthers are going to win the East.

Koopa Kid posted:

I’m gonna say right now, I don’t think Bunting eating the only multi-game suspension of the playoffs so far, despite having no priors and other people with priors doing equally injurious stuff, is due to him being a Maple Leaf. I think everyone in the league from bottom to top actually just really loving hates Michael Bunting.

Yeah it's this.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Also... this is the year the Toronto Maple Leafs should have won the Stanley Cup. If it isn't happening this year it is never going to happen. Everything has broken their way.

Instead they're going to go down in 5 to a Paul Maurice team with no goalie, but since the first round was their Stanley Cup ownership is going to call the season a huge success, keep Keefe, and extend Dubas. You love to see it

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Eric the Mauve posted:

Also... this is the year the Toronto Maple Leafs should have won the Stanley Cup. If it isn't happening this year it is never going to happen. Everything has broken their way.

Agreed, other than Auston Matthews with his injury.

Eric the Mauve posted:

Instead they're going to go down in 5 to a Paul Maurice team with no goalie, but since the first round was their Stanley Cup ownership is going to call the season a huge success, keep Keefe, and extend Dubas. You love to see it

If they had made the 2nd round last year or before, then been bounced in round 1 this year, I bet they'd be fired

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Auston Matthews' wrist is hosed. That's not really a new stroke of bad luck, it's just the way it is. Dude should stop taking faceoffs two years ago.

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Eric the Mauve posted:

Auston Matthews' wrist is hosed. That's not really a new stroke of bad luck, it's just the way it is. Dude should stop taking faceoffs two years ago.

That's too bad. I don't care for the Leafs but never want to see guys careers go sideways from injuries.

Seems like Tavares is slowing down too.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Eric the Mauve posted:

Pretty sure this happens every playoffs too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Escape Goat posted:

Seems like Tavares is slowing down too.

He's in the best shape of his life, actually. Or was, during training camp.

In all seriousness, though, we are all grateful that he still had a step or two on Jason Allison.

Sometimes I do wince when I see him leading the forecheck knowing that it'll take him ages to get back to his own end, but I watched first line center Tyler Bozak for how many seasons? I can deal with it.