Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Earlier this year (a month that ended five days ago)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

CubanMissile posted:

I don’t know if he even can. My experience with Tesla owners and people considering buying one is that they’ll totally ignore everything he says or does, because that would make their expensive purchase stupid, and people will believe anything as long as it’s not them making a mistake.

This is true for the folks already onboard, but it's getting much harder for "well, it's the only game in town " I know someone who considered solar city -even knowing musk is a gently caress up- for their panels, but they went elsewhere because other companies were actually functional and could get actual appointments scheduled.

The same way Nikola EV/0 emission tractors have already begun eating up Tesla's marketcap for industrial vehicles, because Tesla can't actually get a product to market.

Just a Moron
Nov 11, 2021

toggle posted:

elon really whips the llama’s rear end

I wish a llama would whip Elon's rear end

DominoKitten
Aug 7, 2012

I was recently looking into solar and the company I might consider in the future touts that they used the Tesla Powerwall for their battery backup solution but has an entire paragraph about how while the product is great, dealing with the company directly is absolute bullshit, and also has to explain why it actually costs more than what Tesla would propose directly since Tesla isn't including many additional factors and requirements.

bigstupidjellyfish
Oct 25, 2010

Coolness Averted posted:

This is true for the folks already onboard, but it's getting much harder for "well, it's the only game in town " I know someone who considered solar city -even knowing musk is a gently caress up- for their panels, but they went elsewhere because other companies were actually functional and could get actual appointments scheduled.

The same way Nikola EV/0 emission tractors have already begun eating up Tesla's marketcap for industrial vehicles, because Tesla can't actually get a product to market.

tesla's gonna be such a cool collapse to watch. also it'll be funny to read the articles by the same tech journalists who spent the last decade sucking musk's cock about how obvious the problems with the company were

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Bar Crow posted:

The rich being destroyed by their own hubris is not helpful on the current timeline. Amusing but not helpful unless it is moved forward.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Hoshi posted:

If Musk isn’t really an effective altruist (a la SBF) he plays one very well, IIRC one of the big drivers of his Tesla compensation is that he needs enough money to fund space travel for the good of humanity for it to be worthwhile for him

SpaceX has been highly profitable for a decade, he's not privately funding it

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

i'm with elon

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

toggle posted:

elon really whips the llama’s rear end
Winamp was (and is!) a very good music player that was 100% free, do not slander it by association with catturdfan2

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
milkdrop was so drat cool compared to everything else at the time

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

I haven't whipped a llama's rear end in ages (sigh)

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT

moist turtleneck posted:

milkdrop was so drat cool compared to everything else at the time

it's still as good as it gets

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Shrecknet posted:

Winamp was (and is!) a very good music player that was 100% free, do not slander it by association with catturdfan2

remember nvidia drivers were only 5MB?

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Palladium posted:

remember nvidia drivers were only 5MB?

text editors are a GB now grandpa

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:

Filthy Hans posted:

SpaceX has been highly profitable for a decade, he's not privately funding it

hey man I’m not part of the Tesla compensation team, I just read what was entered into the docket

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Shrecknet posted:

Elon should have just added a bunch of sick skins and visualizers to Twitter and called it a day

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Good Citizen posted:

Elon should have just added a bunch of sick skins and visualizers to Twitter and called it a day

unironically if he'd added custom mouse cursor overlays and autoplaying 15s 96kbs Hawthorne Heights clips he would have activated an entire generation of MySpacers to come back.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Shrecknet posted:

unironically if he'd added custom mouse cursor overlays and autoplaying 15s 96kbs Hawthorne Heights clips he would have activated an entire generation of MySpacers to come back.

also if he myspaced it up he’d have an excuse to make everyone follow him which is all he wanted to begin with

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Promoted tweets getting better

https://twitter.com/ekanscisum/status/1649155065565917184?t=VAsxUsDBu73G6rnus5OmIw&s=19

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Shrecknet posted:

my lovely little booty kingdom for a music player connected to Apple Music that shuffled by albums.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Whoah that’s so weird. Twitter under Elon has been so good at paying people to whom it owes money :confused:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

like a month tops before he starts talking about “cohencidences”

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I give it a few weeks before we start getting “I’m not racist I’m a race REALIST!” style tweets from musk

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

like a month tops before he starts talking about “cohencidences”

What does this mean? :henget:?

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Nix Panicus posted:

What does this mean? :henget:?

it’s an online fash way to refer to Jews hth

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

it’s an online fash way to refer to Jews hth

Its good that I don't know this kind of thing

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

So anyway this is how i found out Cohen is a Jewish surname

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
Christ he’s just a day from bringing up /pol/ kind of poo poo.

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

lol a few of his marks are taking issue with this and just getting torched by the others and that's the priority content on twitter now

Ashmole
Oct 5, 2008

This wish was granted by Former DILF
Dude is straight up posting stormfront poo poo now

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
goddamn his replies really are the worst fuckers lmao

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Elon is a subscriber to the “the blacks are dangerous!” racism account :laffo:

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

I get that the racists are just being disingenuous, but it's sad how many people are pretending this is a real point. It's because all the other categories result in immediate investigations and arrests, for gently caress's sake.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Dr. VooDoo posted:

Elon is a subscriber to the “the blacks are dangerous!” racism account :laffo:

How many hours a week do you think Elon spends at Breitbart

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

brugroffil posted:

How many hours a week do you think Elon spends at Breitbart

Breitbart is baby poo poo. He likely browses 4chan and that one hosed-up Opie and Anthony community.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

A racist South African?
Why, now I've seen everything

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

DesertIslandHermit posted:

Breitbart is baby poo poo. He likely browses 4chan and that one hosed-up Opie and Anthony community.

Nah he's just following anthony cumia and no one else from that show. Gotta really distill the racism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Racism, guns, loving uncomfortably young girls, cumia and Elon are prolly besties