Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Quick question if someone ever buys this: Anyone know how much you pay for one of these contact solution packs in-store?

https://www.amazon.com/Kirkland-Sig...ps%2C214&sr=8-1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ephori
Sep 1, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Thinking of getting one of these, marked down to $150 online, $140 at my local store. Going to replace my uncle's existing chair which is ratty and falling apart. I decided against the other wooden folding chair which is cheaper but lower on account of his knees.

Thoughts? Opinions?

I've got two of these and they're great. I got them last year and they still look brand new despite spending the summer in the California sun.

Shadowfyst
Jun 8, 2003

Toxic Mental posted:

Quick question if someone ever buys this: Anyone know how much you pay for one of these contact solution packs in-store?

https://www.amazon.com/Kirkland-Sig...ps%2C214&sr=8-1

They're $12 from sameday.costco.com so probably $10ish in club.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Bread Zeppelin posted:

I think the saddest way to die would be a car crash on the way home from Costco. You go through the whole store ordeal with months of supplies and then it all ends.

for sale: 120 rolls of toilet paper, never wiped

Struggling to survive in a near-death state for 20 minutes, and then sprinting towards the light when I remember I had brown sugar boba popsicles in the car that are definitely ruined by now.

bigman.50grand
Mar 31, 2007
no

ShowTime posted:

There is no Costco afterlife for bad people. You get Sam's club.

Member's Mark, indeed.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Real talk on the chest freezer chat - my wife and I have a bit of a surplus in the budget this month and are looking into one. I know folks here have some CostCOpinions, so is there one in particular that is the Gold Standard Of Amazing For The Money Praise Costco to get, or is the discourse more "well, you should buy 20 pounds of chicken and beef at Costco and while you're there, you're gonna need a place to store em so.........."?

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
bummer dude Costco had a three freezers for $1200 deal up until a couple days ago

Personally I got the cheapest chest freezer they had in the size I wanted it was like $250 and it’s great so I’d say just see what’s on offer with a primary focus on sqft in the freezer.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Thinking of getting one of these, marked down to $150 online, $140 at my local store. Going to replace my uncle's existing chair which is ratty and falling apart. I decided against the other wooden folding chair which is cheaper but lower on account of his knees.

Thoughts? Opinions?

We have some that I find a little "flexy" when you sit down expecting it to behave like wood. Not awful for the price.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Thoughts? Opinions?

Absolutely worth it even at full price. I find them very comfortable, and have had quite a few front porch beers in them over the years. No obvious fading and I clean them regularly by blasting with the hose. They take a while to dry is about the only problem. I leave them out all year on the covered porch and they look the same as when I put them there, and my friends comment on how nice they are.

They do have a little flex to the back which I find to add to the comfort.

I should pick up the ottomans...

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

SgtScruffy posted:

Real talk on the chest freezer chat - my wife and I have a bit of a surplus in the budget this month and are looking into one. I know folks here have some CostCOpinions, so is there one in particular that is the Gold Standard Of Amazing For The Money Praise Costco to get, or is the discourse more "well, you should buy 20 pounds of chicken and beef at Costco and while you're there, you're gonna need a place to store em so.........."?

Floor chest freezers have settled into the design global maxima for the past 30+ years and there really isn’t any brand cachet in the segment. Just buy one that’s UL certified.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

The only place we have in our home for a chest freezer is our backyard and most chest freezers won’t last out there. Depressing.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Chest freezers kinda suck because poo poo always gets buried at the bottom and you have to pull every fuckin thing out to get to it.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

MarcusSA posted:

Chest freezers kinda suck because poo poo always gets buried at the bottom and you have to pull every fuckin thing out to get to it.

Fuckin a right brother

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Involuntary Sparkle posted:

Assuming it's polywood? I love that type of material, I guess what I don't love is that there's no cupholder.

Does Costco sell hole saws?

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
On the other hand they are insanely efficient, just righteously so.

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

chef gordon ramsay says to eat fresh foods never frozen

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

I’m sure there’s a shelving solution to that

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

The Saucer Hovers posted:

Frozen fruits and vegetables can be healthier for you because they might be flash frozen on site and retain more of their nutritional value over the long shipping process! :eng101:

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Gordon Ramsay is a pompous jackass that can't cook a grilled cheese

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Gordon can eat my fresh rear end

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

MarcusSA posted:

The solution to that is to have a chest freezer for each type of item. So one for frozen pizza, one for frozen chicken, one for ice cream bars, etc.

And a label maker.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
How lazy are you that you can't move a few things around in your freezer. Or strategically stack stuff. Chest freezers own.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Finding stuff you forgot about in the chest freezer is a fun surprise sometimes.

Now that you mention it I think I have some lobster tails from a couple Valentine's Days ago down there somewhere...

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Here we go again

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

:siren: poo poo THE gently caress UP NERDS COSTCO IS BABY BABAY AWOOOOO

https://twitter.com/notabigjerk/status/1654965574278037506?s=46&t=SGjc-kX_f4F_yldTowt91w

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Bidenflation is over

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Was just at a friend's house for a child's birthday party and lo and behold they have a chest freezer and it is apparently so useless and stupid they just pile junk on top of it rendering it completely unopenable.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Call me when the onionizer is back

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

bird with big dick posted:

Was just at a friend's house for a child's birthday party and lo and behold they have a chest freezer and it is apparently so useless and stupid they just pile junk on top of it rendering it completely unopenable.

That's the beauty of it, they can use it as a shelf, and then when the time is right they'll bust out their secret vintage Trump Steaks for their real friends (not you)

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Tiny Timbs posted:

Call me when the deli mustard is back

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Tiny Timbs posted:

Call me when the pesto turkey sandwich is back

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Tiny Timbs posted:

Call me, please

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Orvin posted:

The solution to that is to have a chest freezer for each type of item. So one for frozen pizza, one for frozen chicken, one for ice cream bars, etc.

And a label maker.

That's still not the solution though cause you still are pulling the new pizzas off the top or taking all of them out to get to the older frozen pizza at the bottom?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
It's a cube so tip the freezer over twice in a row then slide the freezer(carefully) straight up to reveal the oldest pizzas. Select the ones you want, sleeve the freezer back on and tip it twice in the opposite direction. Easy.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Soul Dentist posted:

It's a cube so tip the freezer over twice in a row then slide the freezer(carefully) straight up to reveal the oldest pizzas. Select the ones you want, sleeve the freezer back on and tip it twice in the opposite direction. Easy.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Frozen pizzas are simple to file vertically

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Chest freezer rotation is generally a matter of putting newer things at the bottom of the pile, and while you are doing that you are sifting things you want to use soon to the top (or into your normal freezer)

That said, I don't have a chest freezer because I know that it would just increase our food hoarding beyond what we do in our regular fridge.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
The Kirkland frozen cheese pizzas are a legit deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

My local stopped carrying that pizza, and never seems to have chicken thighs in stock anymore. It sucks.