Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

German codes were cracked by the Poles. I'm pretty sure they cracked the Russian military and diplomatic codes again for this go round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

a victory for the people

lol at all the likes, just nodding along that this must be a good thing, imagine all them assets

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
what does blackstone's Russian portfolio look like

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Futanari Damacy posted:

the true story of how Poland came to be a stupid country- the Intelligenzaktion- is actually quite sad.

[...]

that only leaves the less intelligent- who were to be enslaved or worse.

this post reads like you are implying that a campaign of eugenics by the nazis was successful as an explanation for why there are problems in modern Poland. you might want to clarify this because it is very weird

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Idiocracy was a documentary

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/TPostMillennial/status/1654645866311954433

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

speng31b posted:

this post reads like you are implying that a campaign of eugenics by the nazis was successful as an explanation for why there are problems in modern Poland. you might want to clarify this because it is very weird

That wasn't the intent, but if we're going that way this post seems like it's implying there would be no knock on effect whatsoever from targeting everyone who can read for annihilation

Beyond killing people there was also comprehensive destruction of documents and records that made it even harder for those left to pick up the pieces after the war, so not everything can be neatly couched as a eugenics argument to get mad about

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

Egg Moron posted:

Bullshit

Russia will throw a parade so grand that Ukraine will weep and surrender I think

ianmacdo
Oct 30, 2012

speng31b posted:

I don't think there's anything about eugenics here. The timeline is too short, it's just like if you went to a country and killed everyone over 6 ft tall and then laughed at the country for being a country of manlets. After 20 years there would be tall people again, but the stereotype would still be there.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Hillary is going to be held up like she's Kissinger, so I really hope she's not nearly as hardy as he is.

KORNOLOGY
Aug 9, 2006

This supersedes Rick Perry getting claps for executing the most people.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Futanari Damacy posted:

That wasn't the intent, but if we're going that way this post seems like it's implying there would be no knock on effect whatsoever from targeting everyone who can read for annihilation

you can probably have a nuanced discussion about knock on effects without saying that Poland is a stupid country because the nazis killed all the smart people, and if that was the intention it's useful to clarify.

Futanari Damacy posted:

Beyond killing people there was also comprehensive destruction of documents and records that made it even harder for those left to pick up the pieces after the war, so not everything can be neatly couched as a eugenics argument to get mad about

To be clear, I am not mad about it and I am not trying to accuse you of being pro eugenics or whatever. To me the post just read very weird because it lacked the elaboration to make it clear that the implication wasn't hosed up. Especially because Intelligenzaktion wasn't just a policy of killing the intellectual elite but was also heavily racialized, so anything that implies it "worked" to some degree and is responsible for problems in modern Poland can benefit from some elaboration.

speng31b has issued a correction as of 19:20 on May 6, 2023

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Same but it's the Lakers winning their series against the Warriors

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
i mean the main thing China will take from a Russian loss is go in decisively with enough troops and material to hold your objectives. Give the west no quarter, expect bad faith in all negotiations. And hold absolutely nothing back.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

They want her to be the next PM so badly lmao

antipattern
Nov 8, 2019

His handlers have trained him well, selling the carcass of his country to ghouls to pick over

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Regarde Aduck posted:

i mean the main thing China will take from a Russian loss is go in decisively with enough troops and material to hold your objectives. Give the west no quarter, expect bad faith in all negotiations. And hold absolutely nothing back.

and also the russians were and have always been morons

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

ianmacdo posted:

I don't think there's anything about eugenics here. The timeline is too short, it's just like if you went to a country and killed everyone over 6 ft tall and then laughed at the country for being a country of manlets. After 20 years there would be tall people again, but the stereotype would still be there.

I have heard this argument regarding the world wars- that the genetic "stock" of countries suffered from losing so many military age males fit for combat, ostensibly the "best" example of the people of that country- to be clear I'm not saying anything like that. The functioning brain of any country are its institutions, which are made up people. There seems to be this assumption that if Poland lost its Einstein that Joe Bloggs would be able to do just as good a job, without mention of the country's pre-war and postwar scientific output. Without getting into the specious Great Man theory, you can't underestimate the impact that losing qualified people in any number actually has on the ability of a group of people to organize competently. Jokes about how hard it is to screw in a lightbulb suddenly take on a darker intonation when you consider that whoever the Polish equivalent of George Washington was, who could have led the country against a nazi occupation was probably first on the chopping block.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

is the Z man getting fat? he looks like poo poo

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

Starsfan posted:

Coke bloat

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Starsfan posted:

isn't this what happens with a lot of people that use steroids if they're not actually doing proper work outs?

whatever the case i will punch this little tiny man in his dumb face

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
Polack jokes are from a century before WWII. In any case I am a proponent of all attacks on Polish genetic stock and administrative acuity.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Regarde Aduck posted:

isn't this what happens with a lot of people that use steroids if they're not actually doing proper work outs?

he is building up energy reserves so he can maximize his time when he gets hooked into the golden throne

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Военный Осведомитель posted:

Российский танк Т-72Б3 с самодельным козырьком, на котором установлены блоки динамической защиты «Контакт-1».

@milinfolive
(from t.me/milinfolive/100304, via tgsa)

kontakt-1 for anti-uav slats

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

so happy this evil hag lost to the stupidest man alive.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Regarde Aduck posted:

Al-Saqr posted:

so happy this evil hag lost to the stupidest man alive.

The other hag is the one that sold you guys LAVs. Be nice!

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Regarde Aduck posted:

that's illegal

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Starsfan posted:

he looks hot, sexy, and powerful

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Danann posted:

(from t.me/aleksandr_skif/2592, via tgsa)

From February this year by the head of recently integrated DPR's National Guard, Vostok (lit. "East"). Wagner basically used to have priority allocation of artillery, airpower, and cruise missiles. Prigozhin's PR stunts then are to force the Russian military logistics people to give him what he wants or to bear continued nationalist backlash.

skif khodakovsky is another poster super star that likes to get into slap fights with Strelkov.

He has his own little agenda and likes to complain about various poo poo in his posts.

He wishes he could post like prigozhin.

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Jel Shaker posted:

NATO really gave up the chance for an excellent insurgency to instead advertise some new products

although from the sounds of it the local population for much of the middle and east of the country might not have been particularly enthusiastic about a guerrilla war

a guérilla insurgency is incompatible with a neoliberal state right? no one is risking having their family or friends killed for means tested loans to start a small buisness

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Cuttlefush posted:

a shura is never sated

That's why you have to buy the true ending dlc. loving Capcom, I swear.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Futanari Damacy posted:

I have heard this argument regarding the world wars- that the genetic "stock" of countries suffered from losing so many military age males fit for combat, ostensibly the "best" example of the people of that country- to be clear I'm not saying anything like that. The functioning brain of any country are its institutions, which are made up people. There seems to be this assumption that if Poland lost its Einstein that Joe Bloggs would be able to do just as good a job, without mention of the country's pre-war and postwar scientific output. Without getting into the specious Great Man theory, you can't underestimate the impact that losing qualified people in any number actually has on the ability of a group of people to organize competently. Jokes about how hard it is to screw in a lightbulb suddenly take on a darker intonation when you consider that whoever the Polish equivalent of George Washington was, who could have led the country against a nazi occupation was probably first on the chopping block.

the way you worded it was pretty weird, but the nazis killing all of poland's intellectuals would have had a massive effect in terms of loss of institutional knowledge. no need for genetic or great man theory arguments.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022
sabalenka ftw

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Futanari Damacy posted:

hilariously this was a leading theory coming out of the US

war was "horrifyingly dysgenic"

half the reason we instituted IQ tests for the army was in the hopes of putting our best and brightest well out of the way of any actual combat

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Well, the myth certainly doesn't die, since a lot of people like to talk about the best that Ukraine has to offer dying at bakhmut.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Nix Panicus posted:

18 rockets a day does not sound like a war winning wunderwaffen to be honest.

Yeah? How many rockets can you shoot per day?

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah? How many rockets can you shoot per day?

i have to tap out after 4 or 5, im not a war machine ya know

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/GammonBadge/status/1654496485113753600

:hmmyes:

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Man I despise Freeland. Probably mentioned here but her grandfather was a Ukranian Nazi collaborator during occupation and worked with Bandera. She apparently has a mini shrine to him in her basement.

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/nati...-disinformation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Cool song for once