Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
So I think I'm going to mix up the Peanuts strips a bit since it looks like we may be running out of colorized ones soon anyways.

Starting tomorrow I'm going to start posting from the 1950s again and up my output to 2 Peanuts strips a day. The twist will be that every week I jump forward 1 year and one month. So tomorrow I'll start from October of 1950 and next week from November of 1951. I will continue doing this until I go through the entire run of the strip. I figure this would be a nice snapshot of the strip as a whole and we won't have to wait until the heat death of the universe to see how the old stuff compares to the older material. I'm going to call it "Peanuts Through The Ages" until I think of something better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

EasyEW posted:

Anybody looked at Chickweed lately? :unsmigghh:

Yo, WTF Brooke, that area is In Use.

Luann

Gil Thorp

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Julet Esqu posted:

Yo, WTF Brooke, that area is In Use.

Yeah but according to most hentai... :riker:

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

there is an arms race of awful brewing in the comics thread

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Pull up! Pull up!

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

EasyEW posted:

For those of you who don't have enough suffering in your life, we've been unpacking the latest 9CL material in the BSS Discord. Spoilered because you deserve a fighting chance: Not just a pregnancy fetish, but a delivery room fetish. Look at yesterday's and try to see anything else. I dare you. :unsmigghh:

:allbuttons:

Mercury Hat
May 28, 2006

SharkTales!
Woo-oo!

manero posted:

Pluggers

I used to think these were great, but once I learned how they work they just seem like a nuisance at best. I'll take a seat in a shower stall when I'm a plugger, thanks.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

I am not going to give the Grand Master any hits. Who wants to scar us on the forums?

All i can think is Jeff Foxworthy's delivery room joke of being in a Lamaze class and the instructor saying, "Now once your wife's water breaks, do not have sex."

"Is this a problem for people? Ya know hunny, it be a shame to waste this semi-private room..."

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise: The Puppet Master

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

EasyEW posted:

For those of you who don't have enough suffering in your life, we've been unpacking the latest 9CL material in the BSS Discord. Spoilered because you deserve a fighting chance: Not just a pregnancy fetish, but a delivery room fetish. Look at yesterday's and try to see anything else. I dare you. :unsmigghh:

:justpost:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
:nms:

manero
Jan 30, 2006

:dafuq:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Selachian posted:

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 6/1/41

He can't have done it! He is handsome, clean-cut and smokes a pipe!

Selachian posted:

Looking around, it appears Stamm's son published a modern Scarlet graphic novel a while ago. I don't know if it's a new story or the original stories modernized with updated art -- I see the baby in the fire from the orphanage plane crash story on the cover, for instance. Looks hard to find now, unfortunately.
This led me to look around a little and found a Kindle book for $0.99 with full color Sundays in it.

F Minus

Mark Trail

Just imagine: fake photos on the internet! Wow!

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

I get 'dogs like sticks' but I don't understand the 'MATCH!' thing.

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

Just taking our cats on a nature hike, nothing weird about that.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Murdstone posted:

Mark Trail

Just imagine: fake photos on the internet! Wow!

If Mark just punches out these three ineffectual losers who've been shown to be weenies for the entire run of the strip OR if one of the "villains" here could be hosed to bring a gun then I will have to give Jules some credit.

My money is on the magic bears saving them at which point I will be afflicted by a terrible hacking cough. Haaack, haaacccckkkk, arrghhh, haaaack.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Powered Descent posted:

Just taking our cats on a nature hike, nothing weird about that.

I've known cats who like walks. Not my own though, when I had to harness-train him for a cross-country drive he'd just lie there and whine.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

"This is a receipt for Wingstop"

Kennel fucked around with this message at 00:06 on May 7, 2023

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

and the cat was never seen again

(seriously, if you're gonna take your cat outside you better harness train it.)

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Haraiso Days

“Bottle keep” is a system at a lot of Japanese bars where you buy a bottle of liquor and they set it aside for you to drink from whenever you come in.

Cthulhu and Girl

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

I made a promise to the thread, dear friend. I made a promise to myself, dear friend.

I mean...I made the promise. Anyone else who wants to try their luck on whether or not the OP note is an actual rule? I'm not your dad.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

For more fun context, in the strip immediately preceding this she was still pushing. The baby has been out for maybe a second if they haven't handed it to her yet. Odds are good that the umbilical cord is still attached.

You can tell this was written by a man because he appears to think visible earbuds have ever stopped the kind of guy who hits on women trying to work out at the gym.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Julet Esqu posted:

For more fun context, in the strip immediately preceding this she was still pushing. The baby has been out for maybe a second if they haven't handed it to her yet. Odds are good that the umbilical cord is still attached.

And there is still a slick of blood, feces, and amniotic fluid and all over the bottom half of that woman and her bed.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

What the actual gently caress is with this story arc?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Murdstone posted:

Mark Trail

This is a good example of how loving terrible Jules is. This is a Mookie punchline. Jules is now the Mookie of newspaper comics.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Hobnob posted:

What the actual gently caress is with this story arc?

The thick, slippery layer of sexism that congealed on every surface in the (cultural) 1970s. Not like that wasn't a problem before or stopped being one afterwards but there is something so utterly sleazy about that time period. Maybe it interacted with the hairspray somehow?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

I assume that's meant to be Steenz?

Pogo 9/3/50

Archie 4/21-23/47

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

RUDY. IS A MINOR. HE IS UNDERAGE. AND SHE. IS AN ADULT. AND THIS ISN'T 9 CHICKWEED LANE. EVEN IF HE HAS A CRUSH HOLBROOK IS NOT THAT MUCH OF A FREAK. JESUS FIONA.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Julet Esqu posted:

But more to the point (:nms: spoiler, out of an abundance of caution), in Friday's strip she was in the throes of childbirth, and throwing out sitcom-style threats at everyone in the room, but because this is Brooke McEldowney she looked like she was in the throes of ...um...something else. And no, I'm not going to post that one either.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Sorry for the break on Ansu & Fingerpori; I had to scan more Ansu and then had some wacky life stuff.

Fingerpori

This is Pahani Julmu; the name is a pun on Juhani Palmu, the name of a Finnish artist.
Paha = evil
Julma = cruel
"Pahani Julmu" is just the above two words with the appropriate endings from Juhani Palmu, but it's kind of funny how swapping the first two letters gets you effectively "Evil McCruel"

ANSU

Fighting Trousers
May 17, 2011

Does this excite you, girl?

EasyEW posted:

But more to the point (:nms: spoiler, out of an abundance of caution), in Friday's strip she was in the throes of childbirth, and throwing out sitcom-style threats at everyone in the room, but because this is Brooke McEldowney she looked like she was in the throes of ...um...something else. And no, I'm not going to post that one either.

The gently caress

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

So when does Wilbur parachute in, stab the man to death for stealing his girlfriend, and then get off scott-free due to the machinations of Mary Worth?

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

Hempuli posted:

Sorry for the break on Ansu & Fingerpori; I had to scan more Ansu and then had some wacky life stuff.

As much as we all appreciate all the scanning and translating and such, nobody expects posting comic strips to be anyone's #1 priority. Hope all your wacky life stuff worked out okay.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
I'm so glad I grew up in an era before AI. There was no misinformation anywhere.
Now, thanks to AI, only misinformation will be spread!
What a horrible age we live in!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
1980 comics

Belated-but-timely bonus from "yesterday"'s paper:

And he doesn't look a day older than that now, amirite? :haw:

Dick Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Origins

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (June 03, 2001)

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

On The Fastrack

No Safe Havens on Sundays!

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side of the Horse

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

riderchop posted:

For Better or For Worse

Excellent updating of technology, this is obviously a modern computer and not one from the 1990s.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Prince Valiant

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Hippocrass posted:

I'm so glad I grew up in an era before AI. There was no misinformation anywhere.
Now, thanks to AI, only misinformation will be spread!
What a horrible age we live in!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I didn't realize that an AI with a foot fetish would be the least troublingly horny content in the newspaper comic thread. Glad to be back, sorry for not bookmarking the new thread. Sorry that a 9CL happened.