Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dunny
Jul 11, 2022

On that secret Taco Bell menu since small times

(Thanks for the Achewood collection, dude)
Holy poo poo. Holy poo poo dudes.

Ok, I'll be subbing definitely this is a done thing. I'll not be making a new book while this is still live though, that goes without saying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

As long as it's not Achewood like the post-Nice Pete High School era I'll throw Onstad some canadian tire money.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
I'm sure this is the project that will actually take off!

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

The new site design is a crime but I would be lying if I said I wasn’t excited for new strips

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I'll donate after a steady few months of actual updates. Exciting if it doesn't fall apart!

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

The Charlie Brown story is good too.

But that new website is dogshit. It seems like every page click brings me to a random achewood, which I guess is fine but how am I supposed to read it sequentially again?

I love the alt text at the bottom now though!

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

Milk and eggs minder.... undersized wallpapers...gone... like so many tears in the rain...

Dunny
Jul 11, 2022

On that secret Taco Bell menu since small times

(Thanks for the Achewood collection, dude)

Strange Cares posted:

Milk and eggs minder.... undersized wallpapers...gone... like so many tears in the rain...

poo poo, I best add them to the books before they (inevitably) get taken down.

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

Dunny posted:

They're still up on archive.org but yeah I'd hurry.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Strange Cares posted:

Oh poo poo I use this every week for food shopping. What do I do now? Someone tell me how many eggs to buy!

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

LifeLynx posted:

Oh poo poo I use this every week for food shopping. What do I do now? Someone tell me how many eggs to buy!

I don't know man! I don't know! I've been buying hundreds of eggs and no milk at all! I'm panicking here!

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

OHHHHHHHH SHIIIIIIIIIT

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

smarxist posted:

Subscribing because i want onstad to have a little walking around money

$5, a cute subscription tier for a cute little guy

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

I have proven myself a coward who would pay $9 for a dead webcomic

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

$5, a cute subscription tier for a cute little guy

$50 tier with absolutely no benefits named "Oh neat, fifty bucks!"

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Roast beef was not very nice to Pat about his break up.

Larry Cum Free
Jun 3, 2022

move it or lose it dillweed
Is there alt text and how do you see it on a phone??

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Larry Cum Free posted:

Is there alt text and how do you see it on a phone??

Before, you couldn't, on the new design, it's just under the comic.

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

Dunny posted:

👉😎👉

Strange Cares
Nov 22, 2007

I love how quickly the patreon discord hit goon critical mass

mutantIke
Oct 24, 2022

Born in '04
Certified Zoomer
I am a Discord native. Finally the ball is in my court

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

mutantIke posted:

I would sacrifice adblockers in an instant if I knew they were responsible for the death of free, independent internet art (especially webcomics). It's a miracle MSPA stayed profitable for that long before Viz Media stepped in and Viz'd all over it. Will definitely be paying for this

It sucks that Project Wonderful died, and it sucks that it was basically shut down over lies: advertisers all pivoted to video and social media.

Necronomicon
Jan 18, 2004

I signed up for the patreon so fast that I can’t close my mouth and my cheeks are balloonin’ out with the wind!

I definitely did the $14 tier because I am a maniac and I have money now, whereas I didn’t have money when I was first reading achewood.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

gently caress goddammit poo poo, gently caress. I would love to be able to read new Achewood but I also severely restrict myself on what I'll pay a subscription service for. Not that this is anything Onstad should (or would, or even could) give the slightest gently caress about, but man this sucks*.

* It is very, very, very loving cool that Achewood is back, and I hope the whole thing is a big success.

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future
That first comic is obviously just a lead-in, but the podcast transcript is great.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Probably worth a thread title? Also I thought there was like a 35% chance of the worst when I saw a few dozen posts happened overnight.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Probably worth a thread title? Also I thought there was like a 35% chance of the worst when I saw a few dozen posts happened overnight.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Jerusalem posted:

gently caress goddammit poo poo, gently caress. I would love to be able to read new Achewood but I also severely restrict myself on what I'll pay a subscription service for. Not that this is anything Onstad should (or would, or even could) give the slightest gently caress about, but man this sucks*.

* It is very, very, very loving cool that Achewood is back, and I hope the whole thing is a big success.
I suspect in time the content will become public, and with Patreons you can usually pay for one month and get most of the previous posted stuff unless it was deliberately taken down.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

:lol:

And yes, I saw 50 new posts and immediately assumed something bad had happened, as opposed to something very loving cool.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Lol

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

lmao

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

If somebody has a funny one I'll change it tonight, otherwise just something like "Achewood is BACK" maybe?

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

How Wonderful! posted:

If somebody has a funny one I'll change it tonight, otherwise just something like "Achewood is BACK" maybe?

Achewood Thread 12: Hey, look! We're back! What happened?!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh neat, a $50 Patreon tier.

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

How Wonderful! posted:

Roast Beef posted:

Phew Ray welcome back man I was afraid you were gonna get all public-domained for a while there

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
I upgraded to the 9 bux tier since I remembered the blog posts and other supplementary writing being some of his funniest stuff. Not sure the extra content in the $14 tier is for me though.

The one strip and the podcast transcript already fill me with hope, feels like we're back.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
K6BD and Achewood being my only patreon subs is extraordinarily on brand for me

(imma sub once I'm back to my pc, don't want to bother finding my password right this second)

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Jerusalem posted:

Just wait a year, get a $5 sub, catch up then cancel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I need an Omnibus and a GOD drat "Here comes a special boy!" SHIRT IN MY FATBODY SIZE if we're bringing Achewood back.

(We are doing this. Get in the van.)