Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

She'd then be Queen Zelda Hyryle, which is also odd. It's weird that, like Princess Peach, you never graduate to Queen in Zelda world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

LividLiquid posted:

I just realized her canonical name is Zelda Hyrule.

That's not fitting in my brain.

Wait until you realize what Mario’s last name must be.

Hint: I have a brother, and my name is Daniel [lol not really]. Nobody calls us the “Daniel brothers.”

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

pentyne posted:

Are they still high risk items to buy on Amazon or has that ever been fixed?

Stick with Samsung EVO Select. It's the brand Samsung makes just for Amazon, so no worries of third party shenanigans.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Ogmius815 posted:

Hint: I have a brother, and my name is Daniel [lol not really]. Nobody calls us the “Daniel brothers.”

Maybe Mario isn't his first name at all, and he's just one of those guys everyone refers to by surname.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Ogmius815 posted:

True, though I've been used to this one since 1993.

The Zelda thing, however, somehow never occurred to me until now despite the fact that I've been going through periods of obsessing about Zelda canon for the last four decades.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Albatrossy_Rodent posted:

Do it. You get sixteen shrines, each with an A- or S-tier puzzle, then a full-sized dungeon that's trickier and bigger than any of the Divine Beasts, with a unique, v cool boss fight.

why did you convince me i wanted to sleep.

At least I managed to clear all the one-hit ones. But now I have 12 more Shrines? Oh well, I can get 2 hearts and max out stamina at least.

Big issue is I feel lile I should also do Trial of the Master Sword to have a good weapon ready, and for that I need good buffs so I have to hunt dragons for fangs and im never ending this before TotK comes out.

Edit: gently caress Kass has content on the DLC and apparently a questline gotta stop my brain from thinking I have to do his questline first or it will never end

GiantRockFromSpace fucked around with this message at 00:53 on May 7, 2023

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

why did you convince me i wanted to sleep.

At least I managed to clear all the one-hit ones. But now I have 12 more Shrines? Oh well, I can get 2 hearts and max out stamina at least.

Big issue is I feel lile I should also do Trial of the Master Sword to have a good weapon ready, and for that I need good buffs so I have to hunt dragons for fangs and im never ending this before TotK comes out.

Edit: gently caress Kass has content on the DLC and apparently a questline gotta stop my brain from thinking I have to do his questline first or it will never end

iirc kass's "questline" is part and parcel of the main dlc quest, he gives you hints for the challenges you need to fulfill to unlock the new shrines

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Oxxidation posted:

iirc kass's "questline" is part and parcel of the main dlc quest, he gives you hints for the challenges you need to fulfill to unlock the new shrines

I'm talking about the base games sidequests where you meet him on the map and he gives you a hint about a shrine which are all his master's songs.

jesus does this game have content.

Dogmeat
Jun 20, 2003

Woof!

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

For what it's worth, the master sword powers up for big battles even without the trial being completed, and I think that includes the entire castle zone. Clearing the trial just makes that permanent.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
i gave the master sword trials a shot at the end of my last run on CEMU. how hard could it be, i thought

i had to turn on god mode less than halfway through the first set. those fights are not reasonable

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

the first set is the hardest honestly since you're working with the most basic tools. The others are nominally harder but you get stronger stuff in kind and have way more opportunity to overpower and exploit things

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I've still never beaten them. They're unreasonable even when using half-hour buffs, locking onto treasure chests, and eating every tree.

I got to the very end of the second one and there were more guardians than there were available ancient arrows, so basically if I didn't perfectly parry every shot from all the way across a huge-rear end room (which is far more difficult than up close), I had to start all over and just poo poo no to all of that, thank you.

I'm middle aged and don't have time for this kind of poo poo anymore.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I’m with LividLiquid- I never beat the Trials. I always get to the lizalfos water area and get smoked.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I tried on master mode but quickly said oh hell no.

Ballad was fun except for mandatory stealth.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I started a new playthrough a couple months ago in prep for the new game, but I let it kind of go by the wayside the last few weeks, right as i got to Champion’s Ballad. But today I got everything completed except for the fifth Divine Beast and Hyrule Castle. What a great game. It’s gonna be fun to play the much more extreme version in a few days, which will make BotW totally superfluous.

May or may not bother with the Master Sword Trials. Still undecided since I’ve done them like three times already.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

What gets me the most is there's still no way to cheese them. All the great ways to get through bullshit challenges in the game by thinking laterally or using tactics from people who out-thought them and were goodly enough to share, but not the freaking Master Sword Trials.

Captain Flame Guy
Mar 11, 2012

Just do the out of bounds thing for the trials tbh, especially on Master Mode.
I think Linkus7's video on it is still the most up-to-date method for that?

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica
Did y'all know the game is out for PC? It's emulated obv but it works and I've got the first shrine done.

I pre-ordered so technically have it already it's like unwrapping a gift before christmas I guess. Also the present is broken and renders clouds very badly which should be a deal breaker for a game set on sky islands.

Not gonna say any spoiler stuff but it's good?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Yeah we all fuckin know

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

BaldDwarfOnPCP posted:

Did y'all know the game is out for PC? It's emulated obv but it works and I've got the first shrine done.

I pre-ordered so technically have it already it's like unwrapping a gift before christmas I guess. Also the present is broken and renders clouds very badly which should be a deal breaker for a game set on sky islands.

Not gonna say any spoiler stuff but it's good?

There’s a separate thread for the PC version

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

What noble house is Zelda a member of? Like Windsor or whatever.

I’d play the poo poo out of Crusader Kings Hyrule Edition

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
House of Hylia you have to assume. Maybe Hylia is the dynasty and Hyrule is the house name.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

He's a commoner. Link, no last name.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The name's To The Past... Link, To The Past.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Link's last name is Sawakening.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

anyway I played 200+ hours of botw at release and then let it lie fallow for a while, finally rwsumed and finished the champions ballad late last year I think, then played a bit of master mode off and on in the last few months, just playing around and nothing intense. this I believe has gotten me perfectly ready for totk, I'm a bit rusty but not too rusty and I still know Hyrule like the back of my hand, except for the scattered parts I've forgotten about which will then kick in my brain like the botw memories. bring it.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Hedrigall posted:

Yeah we all fuckin know

Sorry, I was unaware of another thread and should have known goons would know that already.

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Mister Facetious posted:

He's a commoner. Link, no last name.

In some fluff interview around the release of BotW, they asked Miyamoto what Link's last name is and he said it's like Mario, his first name is "Link Link". He definitely didn't make up the answer on the spot and it's an important part of Canon just like the Timeline.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Link link like likes like likes like like likes like like likes

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

No, that's a monster in the Zelda games

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Noooo

I am no good at finding korok seeds. I have like 150. That means there are puzzles in plain sight that I'm still missing but I swear I've found these things like 20 different ways.

The little jars hidden in trees/logs are the worst.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mister Facetious posted:

It’s weird they weren’t in BotW. A monster that eats your gear in a game where you’re constantly getting new equipment seems like it’d be a perfect fit

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Been playing a lot this weekend.

Forgotten temple was a major rush, yow.

I think I downed my first zebra Lynel today because the Red/Blue one I've been beating on got upgraded. What a drat damage sponge, I don't know if it'll be worth it much longer.

Also got my first few legitimate Hinoxes over the last couple days. They're fun :)

I doubt I'll finish everything in the next six days so it's time to break out the Wiki and hit up the major things I've missed. Two Great Fairies to go, and Tanney Town to complete. Yet to face a Molduga too -- really I've been ignoring Gerudo Desert in general because I hate the drat sandstorms.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
I'm somewhat excited about this upcoming video game

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

RatHat posted:

It’s weird they weren’t in BotW. A monster that eats your gear in a game where you’re constantly getting new equipment seems like it’d be a perfect fit
Feels like they think what makes them unique is the "gently caress!" feeling, which is absent in a game filled with disposable gear.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Mister Facetious posted:

I know, that sentence is about Link liking like likes (as much as like likes enjoy themselves)

Saeka
Jul 2, 2007

I'm a man that loves the simple things. Sunhats. Boba. Dresses.

Nintendo is issuing DMCAs today, some projects already going down

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

LividLiquid posted:

Feels like they think what makes them unique is the "gently caress!" feeling, which is absent in a game filled with disposable gear.
i dunno, i feel like if one ate my hylian shield and I had to pay 3000 rupees to buy another i would be similarly enraged

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Oh, me too, but that's one extreme edge case.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

Like likes scare the poo poo out of me so I’m fine with them staying gone, thank you