Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Rick posted:

This series makes no sense.

I mean, yes it does. The Lakers are basically constructed to be Warriors kryptonite between the officiating being a wash, the Lakers having quite possibly the best front court in the league (Memphis MIGHT be up there fully healthy, but yeah), and the Lakers play style is well-built to murder the Warriors unless the Dubs manage to pop off from deep.

But they NEED to do that to stand a chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Why is SVG being such a shithead.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
Van Gundy is an absolute moron

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

i disagree pretty hard that a bad 3pt defense with multiple low effort defensive players is a bad matchup for a team with the shooting and ball movement of the golden state warriors. quite possibly their best matchup imo

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Why is SVG being such a shithead.

it's jeff, stan is cool

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

predicto posted:

Van Gundy is an absolute moron

Seriously what the gently caress is he even ranting about just shut up dude.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Is this the worst playoff loss for the Kerr Warriors?

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing

SamuraiFoochs posted:

no, that would be when they blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 nba finals with the first ever unanimous mvp

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Mo Bamba looking like he is dressed to do some laundry.

runaway pancake
Dec 13, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Gravy Boat 2k
is 38 old? what about 37 and 355 days??? is that OLD??

lol yeah you dumb rear end

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Need to implement a running clock just to get JVG to shut up

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
lebron should play 3 or 4 games a day, it will help his body - jvg

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

creamcorn posted:

no, that would be when they blew a 3-1 lead in the 2016 nba finals with the first ever unanimous mvp

I meant in terms of level of domination, but true

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the 2016 finals was trading blowouts too. steph vs bron does weird things

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

happy days :)

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Athanatos posted:

lebron should play 3 or 4 games a day, it will help his body - jvg

Back in my day Larry Legend played 47 minutes a night and you didn’t see him break down prematurely due to largely avoidable injury!

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

No, last year the Grizzlies absolutely obliterated them in one game by something like 40

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Lebron and AD being able to rest in the 4th is going to make game 4 incredible. The Warriors basically know they have to win that but those two having gas in the tank to potentially counter it should make for great drama.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Game five - and at one point they were down by 55 points

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

predicto posted:

No, last year the Grizzlies absolutely obliterated them in one game by something like 40

drat I forgot that one.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I mean, yes it does. The Lakers are basically constructed to be Warriors kryptonite between the officiating being a wash, the Lakers having quite possibly the best front court in the league (Memphis MIGHT be up there fully healthy, but yeah), and the Lakers play style is well-built to murder the Warriors unless the Dubs manage to pop off from deep.

But they NEED to do that to stand a chance.

You're 100% right but I guess I'm just surprised after the King's series for the Warriors to go back to just needing to spray and pray, I thought they made progress offensively.

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

Rick posted:

You're 100% right but I guess I'm just surprised after the King's series for the Warriors to go back to just needing to spray and pray, I thought they made progress offensively.

When the motion offense is going well, its not really spray and pray because the extra pass makes so many of the shots wide open. Sometimes they get over 40 assists.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

predicto posted:

When the motion offense is going well, its not really spray and pray because the extra pass makes so many of the shots wide open. Sometimes they get over 40 assists.

That is true. I should not curse you with the term I use for Blazers/Raptors who actually are spray and praying.

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Back in my day Larry Legend played 47 minutes a night and you didn’t see him break down prematurely due to largely avoidable injury!

Wilt averaged more than 48 minutes a night one year, the true record that will never be broken

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Coming down from the first round of wild basketball all day to the second round of all the games being over before 8:30 PM is rough.

stuker
Jul 9, 2003

Rick posted:

Coming down from the first round of wild basketball all day to the second round of all the games being over before 8:30 PM is rough.

agreed, still sucks over here the east coast

i didn't spend the entire regular season staying up far too late on league pass for this

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

A 330pm game with this 80-degree afternoon is vile

Hopefully Harden is gone fishing again

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
top o the morning

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Not liking this so far.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Sixers getting every call so far.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Sixers getting every call so far.

i counted 18 fouls on brown there and they didnt call any of them

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Offense is working but cant make any headway

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
Did Doris say poo poo

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Yeah this just might be one of those games.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
That "VISTA PRINT" patch on those white jerseys look so tacky.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Doc calling a timeout with a guy on his team primed to cherry pick a basket, good stuff

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Tatum sucking rear end so far

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

xbilkis posted:

Doc calling a timeout with a guy on his team primed to cherry pick a basket, good stuff

Gotta put his stamp on the game.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Bellmaker posted:

Tatum sucking rear end so far

If he had embiid's whistle he'd have like 8 FTs by now but yeah, not good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Salvor_Hardin posted:

If he had embiid's whistle he'd have like 8 FTs by now but yeah, not good.

lol embiid just hit tatum in the head from behind and they called a shooting foul on tatum