Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
WW Ganondorf was the best Ganondorf by a wide margin.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

The “your gods are evil and they did this to you” schtick was pretty sick

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

LeFishy posted:

So I made the mistake of buying ToTK using the vouchers so now I have another voucher burning a hole in my pocket. Making the relatively safe assumption that ToTK is the last big game on this thing (Pikmin 4 sort of interests me but I never clicked with 3) I figure I am limited to the list as it exists now. The problem is there are a lot of games on that list that I want a lot!

Here's my shortlist:
Fire Emblem Engage
Metroid Dread
Skyward Sword
Hyrule Warriors AoC
Link's Awakening
Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Hyrule Warriors DE

Does anyone have any specific things to warn me off? I think AoC has some pretty hefty performance problems.

The last FE I played was Awakening? It was on DS I think and I think it had Lucina in? I liked it but back then I never stuck with a game (some things never change, I'll finish XC3 one day I promise...).

I have never finished a metroid or any metroidvania for that matter so Dread is somewhat tempting as a supposedly more accessible entry in the series?

Link's Awakening was my favourite Zelda until BoTW but I also really loved Skyward Sword but am a lefty so struggled to actually play the game back in the day.

Warriors games just kind of look like a good time? Are they like EDF at all I just want a game where I kill hundreds of things.

These are my notes and my request, please help me.
That's a good list but the vouchers are good for a year and I am betting there will be a game out of nowhere you don't expect.

Also bought a voucher and I'm holding onto it until either something new comes along I really want or I've finished TotK.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

https://twitter.com/tommgran/status/1654802801397055489

Henry main for life.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lol Cilla

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

gently caress me, didn't realize Bob the Builder was a brit

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
hell yeah danger mouse

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Thomas lmao

Hit or miss Clitoris
Apr 19, 2003
I HAVE BEEN A VERY NAUGHTY BOY

The Doctor is going to be either broken or a strange pacifist role

Mr Bean is probably S Tier

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Dark Thomas lmao

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Me Bean is banned in tournament play

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Bananaman drops bannas on dodge

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

WW Ganondorf was the best Ganondorf by a wide margin.

Only for another six days, he’s about to be dethroned.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 02:50 on May 7, 2023

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I hope Link grows up to be big and strong like that one of these games

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Khanstant posted:

Best we can do is Twink Link.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
The people demand Twunk Lunk

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
I hope Nintendo knows what they’ve unleashed with long-haired Link

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Eternal :lol: that a bunch of internet weirdos and DeviantArt freaks so accurately predicted Ganondorf’s appearance, and that Rehydrated Ganondorf is canon now

:hmmyes:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Eternal :lol: that a bunch of internet weirdos and DeviantArt freaks so accurately predicted Ganondorf’s appearance, and that Rehydrated Ganondorf is canon now

:hmmyes:

It does not exactly take a lot to predict "Big beefy green-skinned guy with red hair and a sword" based off all his previous versions.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

I’m just playing botw now and yes it is very funny that nearly every single character in this game is insanely thirsty for link and not subtle about it

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
women want him
fish want him

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Playing through FFV and almost to the end, did anyone else notice a bunch of rooms in this game are taken directly from other games?

Like this one place with the only five dwarves in the game, thisnroom is the exact shape of the tunnel the one dwarf is digging in ff1, and this one screen in North Mountain is the exact shape of the screen you meet Tellah on at My Ordeals.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Playing through FFV and almost to the end, did anyone else notice a bunch of rooms in this game are taken directly from other games?

Like this one place with the only five dwarves in the game, thisnroom is the exact shape of the tunnel the one dwarf is digging in ff1, and this one screen in North Mountain is the exact shape of the screen you meet Tellah on at My Ordeals.

It's not uncommon. Generally unless you get really really blunt with it you can reuse designs or layouts and nobody will really notice.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

icantfindaname posted:

I’m just playing botw now and yes it is very funny that nearly every single character in this game is insanely thirsty for link and not subtle about it
Next play Hyrule Warriors DE.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

Only for another six days, he’s about to be dethroned.

this is so my poo poo. Zaddy Gannon can get it imo

finally, a Nintendo character design for me

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

ImpAtom posted:

It does not exactly take a lot to predict "Big beefy green-skinned guy with red hair and a sword" based off all his previous versions.

I was gonna say that's literally just ganondorf who has had a consistent design for over 20 years but go off internet

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Khanstant posted:

BotW Link is insanely strong. Dude is running up mountains in -60+F weather. He can run for up to 20 minutes straight in game time and then recover in less than 5. He also has stasis. :v:

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

speedrun link is literally canon at this point. using trees to launch himself 100 miles away and clipping through walls because activating shrines normally is too slow. same with being a complete menace by showing up to towns and smashing all the pots. insane.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

AlphaKeny1 posted:

speedrun link is literally canon at this point. using trees to launch himself 100 miles away and clipping through walls because activating shrines normally is too slow. same with being a complete menace by showing up to towns and smashing all the pots. insane.

There’s also this: https://youtube.com/shorts/ETgZR2IEWkE (skip to 0:35)

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

KingSlime posted:

I was gonna say that's literally just ganondorf who has had a consistent design for over 20 years but go off internet
From Ocarina up until BOTW Link had a more consistent design than Ganondorf. Which is kinda weird once you remember that Link is the one reincarnating, Ganondorf is the same person and keeps getting sealed away each time.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Commander Keene posted:

From Ocarina up until BOTW Link had a more consistent design than Ganondorf. Which is kinda weird once you remember that Link is the one reincarnating, Ganondorf is the same person and keeps getting sealed away each time.

He was more barrel-shaped in WW but otherwise they're all in basically the same basic design in different art styles/aesthetic styles and even in WW it's largely an aesthetic thing. Hell he even looks like that in Hyrule Warriors.

The only thing that really shifts is his hair length and clothing.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

HW Ganon is still the best Ganon design.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
I bought HWDE forever ago and just never played it. I did play Age of Calamity and it was ok, but not much more

A couple hours into HWDE and I'm blown away by how much better it is! The music, the gameplay loops, the feel, even the cutscene direction... it is SO much better. I was not expecting this! I'll never chip away even 10% of its content but I'm regretful it's taken me this long to play it

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

It’s really fun co-op too. But yes it’s like 300 hours of content

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Vandar posted:

HW Ganon is still the best Ganon design.
Super Saiyandorf 3 best dorf.

ImpAtom posted:

He was more barrel-shaped in WW but otherwise they're all in basically the same basic design in different art styles/aesthetic styles and even in WW it's largely an aesthetic thing. Hell he even looks like that in Hyrule Warriors.

The only thing that really shifts is his hair length and clothing.
Which is more than Link's design has changed since he became a blonde, right up until they changed his shirt from green to blue and took his stocking cap away.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
If you ask two artists to make a redesign of the same character, the results are going to look similar to each other. Nobody in this thread is really doing it but the "Nintendo plagiarized X fanart" going around is stupid.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Khanstant posted:

Bring on Himbo Link for the next console series. Just roided out and dumb as a brick. Perfectly matches the silent type.

Also buff Gannon :kiss:

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

mycot posted:

If you ask two artists to make a redesign of the same character, the results are going to look similar to each other. Nobody in this thread is really doing it but the "Nintendo plagiarized X fanart" going around is stupid.
If you look at the popularity of Zelda as a series and how many fan artists have interpreted its characters over the years, it would probably take a major redesign of the characters to have them not look similar to some fanwork's depiction of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Man it's surprising despite how iconic he is, Ganondorf has only been in 4 mainline games.