Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Steve Wiebe.
This poll is closed.
Steve Wiebe. 30 42.25%
Steve Wiebe. 41 57.75%
Total: 48 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Kerrzhe posted:

friends i'm a terrible person.

What does this mean exactly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Hwurmp posted:

there are twelve genders

Someone should have told me about this before I transitioned. I didn't realise Rich was an option

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Arzaac posted:

What does this mean exactly

it means i picked the bad end! turns out you're NOT supposed to do the thing that i did at first. (it's Harvestella)

but that's okay cause i figured out how to get the proper ending!

very good game. do recommend. dianthus is the fuckin coolest.

also apparently there's a deep dungeon in the old well on the farm that's only open on Quietus days and i had no fuckin idea!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Kerrzhe posted:

it means i picked the bad end! turns out you're NOT supposed to do the thing that i did at first. (it's Harvestella)

but that's okay cause i figured out how to get the proper ending!

very good game. do recommend. dianthus is the fuckin coolest.

also apparently there's a deep dungeon in the old well on the farm that's only open on Quietus days and i had no fuckin idea!

Is it more rpg or harvest moon?

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Rinkles posted:

Is it more rpg or harvest moon?

it's an RPG that has harvest moon stuck in there to generate consumables and cash for weapon upgrades!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
it's an RPG where your only source of healing is consumables and where your only source of consumables is cooking them yourself out of ingredients you farmed

so the farm mostly exists for vibes and to enforce pacing so you slow down and appreciate the world a bit instead of blitzing through. it works well, imo

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

yeah to make a slightly more useful post it is BOTH a fully fleshed out RPG with a great story and great characters, and a decently fleshed out harvest moon to support it like cheetah said.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

This reminds me that I never played Sakuna:of rice and ruin

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

oh boy, the first case in the Golden Idol DLC requires you to figure out the rules of a fictional card game to figure who won in and what order. :psyduck:
I tried to figure out mah-jong once for Yakuza related reasons and my brain just shut down, so this is probably beyond me.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
FF14:

I'm a gil millionaire :toot:

Only a third of the way to being the a homeowner :negative:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
On Friday I completed the arbiter temple in Twilight Princess and not only is that the best boss I have faced in a Zelda game so far, but it might be one of the best bosses in a video game that I have faced ever.

Really ingenious structure and so different from the usual style. I had an absolute blast. The whole temple was excellent too, aside from the sand worms that kept scaring me. :)

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The spinner is the best Zelda item of all time

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

bone emulator posted:

oh boy, the first case in the Golden Idol DLC requires you to figure out the rules of a fictional card game to figure who won in and what order. :psyduck:
I tried to figure out mah-jong once for Yakuza related reasons and my brain just shut down, so this is probably beyond me.

It is considerably easier than you are probably thinking.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Rarity posted:

FF14:

I'm a gil millionaire :toot:

Only a third of the way to being the a homeowner :negative:

gillionaire.

come on.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

Rarity posted:

The spinner is the best Zelda item of all time

I have only played 5 but so far, I agree. Having an utter blast with it and looking forward to more of it later :D

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

VideoGames posted:

looking forward to more of it later :D

Who wants to break it to him? :ohdear:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Rarity posted:

Who wants to break it to him? :ohdear:

Zalda games bad?

There. np

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

bone emulator posted:

trust in the heart of the cards

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F_xnQVFkM0

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Golden Idol dlc was good. Wish there was another chapter or two but I suppose it wrapped up the story as far as it needed.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
yah it ties in with main story well. plus leaves me wanting more. hope next DLC is longer. i see an empty space on the Golden Idol main menu for another DLC campaign icon

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Seem pretty likely there's a follow up set up with the raja and spider competing for the idol.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Chev posted:

[/spider].

Lol

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
We totally should have that tag though.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

It will add more spiders to your posts.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Chev posted:

Seem pretty likely there's a follow up set up with the raja and spider competing for the idol.

i dont think we have to worry about the spider anymore...

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

bone emulator posted:

Mahjong isn't hard it's just covered in symbols and cryptic Japanese phrases to make it seem complicated but it's just a match 3 game pretty much.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

it's rummy plus a little bit of poker on top of you're playing japanese mahjong

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
yeah the actual core game of mahjong isn't difficult, there's just a lot of terminology and rule exceptions to learn

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I tried playing mahjong in FF14 and I had no idea what was happening :eng99:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

you'll have to read the saki x ff14 manga to learn more

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I’m just good enough at mahjong from playing Yakuza to realize I’m really, really loving bad at it. Coolass game though.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I like Yakuza Mahjong so much I bought a nice set on real life and I can't find enough people who want to try, everytime I've tried we end up playing a more familiar game, and it really doesn't help I only barely know the rules when the computer does all the work.

Still, it's a fun game and seems like something everyone would enjoy if it was like checkers or something kids casually learn on school. The hardest part is remembering esoteric poetic hand names like "13 melancholy step sisters who enjoy porridge at room temperature during autumn blossom festival."

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Finished the Golden Idol DLC today and it was good. Figuring out who killed who in what order in the first case and puzzling out the meaning of the picture book in the third case was a lot of fun. Felt like there should have been a fourth case though, but I'm sure making these things isn't done in a day.
Hope there's more some day, and maybe I'll finally check out that Obra Din game people kept talking about.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Return of the Obra Dinn owns

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sally posted:

i dont think we have to worry about the spider anymore...

We do at the point in the story I'm talking about.

At the end of the DLC both the Raja and the spider are headed for the idol. At the beginning of the main game the spider has found the idol and is killed by his cohort. What I'm saying is that's a setup for telling the story of how the spider beat the raja to the idol, further leading to the events of the main game.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

My favorite "teaching someone to play Mahjong" moment was when we (partially by accident) managed to do a Suufon Renda and had to explain to him no, we aren't making things up, yes the hand just ended lets start the next one

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
yeah in a lot of real life play, especially tournaments, that's not a rule because nobody likes to go through the effort of reshuffling, especially without automatic tables

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

bone emulator posted:

Finished the Golden Idol DLC today and it was good. Figuring out who killed who in what order in the first case and puzzling out the meaning of the picture book in the third case was a lot of fun. Felt like there should have been a fourth case though, but I'm sure making these things isn't done in a day.
Hope there's more some day, and maybe I'll finally check out that Obra Din game people kept talking about.

If you enjoyed Golden Idol, I definitely recommend Obra Din.

Are there any other games that scratch that detective-puzzle itch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

shadows of mother freakin doubt