Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

3D Megadoodoo posted:

The picture doesn't show up for me :confused:

Ahem...

Turn on your monitor

Al! posted:

whatever happened to robert morrow

Suffocated by a pair of giant anime tiddies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreeRangeHexagon
Apr 17, 2022

Futanari Damacy posted:

It’s not sharpening on the curb, it’s purposefully making it more jagged and dull

It’s such a bizarrely specific thing that it has to be real

my logic was "that doesn't seem like something people would do, but maybe he remembered something but didn't really understand it", it feels more like the thing boomers do where pop culture mixes in with their own memories and they can no longer tell what really happened and what they picked up from the news or some old movie

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo

FreeRangeHexagon posted:

my logic was "that doesn't seem like something people would do, but maybe he remembered something but didn't really understand it", it feels more like the thing boomers do where pop culture mixes in with their own memories and they can no longer tell what really happened and what they picked up from the news or some old movie

If you spend time with someone with dementia one thing you'll notice is the things they forget are the things that happened most recently, whereas they retain their earlier life memories for much longer- the memory loss seems to work its way backwards, and the impression I get is they begin to volunteer more information and clarity of detail for those older events as those become the only things they still remember

Clowner
Dec 13, 2006

Further in

Al! posted:

whatever happened to robert morrow

He accidentally had a strong showing in a school board race but other than that he's fine

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

the sex ghost posted:

Looking at the UK election results and remembering 'humiliation for loser clegg'

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
just how the Lib Dems were once the third major party in Britain until Clegg

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Lol, is the option he's supposed to be considering here to jump?

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

HootTheOwl posted:

Lol, is the option he's supposed to be considering here to jump?

;)

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
yeah, i think they changed the caption after libdem supporters complained

https://twitter.com/mikeysmith/status/627593314234200064

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
It's a great headline which means the british wouldn't leave it alone

Automated Posting
Jan 12, 2013

The fake AOC nudes being debunked by the people at wikifeet

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/RMac18/status/1382561455975788545?t=sM4YdsoH_XlTHAvS5kLQoA&s=19

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Echo Chamber posted:

just how the Lib Dems were once the third major party in Britain until Clegg

Fourth.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Tarp man

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Anti vax being a fringe viewpoint

His Purple Majesty
Dec 12, 2008

ikanreed posted:

Anti vax being a fringe viewpoint

The minute it was reported that black people were dying of COVID too any precautionary measures were violently opposed

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

The most ardent anti-vaccine propaganda spreaders being... yoga instructors and rich Swedish-speaking women?!? :finland: (I'm assuming the former radicalized the latter.)

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

I still remember when he won one of the primaries and afterwards he was on camera and kept saying "thank you" repeatedly in monotone until they cut to something else lol

erosion
Dec 21, 2002

It's true and I'm tired of pretending it isn't
Elon is trying really hard to capture the charisma of Teve Torbes

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I remember seeing a Steve Forbes electoral campaign cap in a second hand store in the early 2000's. That and the SNL episode were all I ever knew about him

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Mr. Lobe posted:

I remember seeing a Steve Forbes electoral campaign cap in a second hand store in the early 2000's. That and the SNL episode were all I ever knew about him

He was a flat tax guy

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
his 1996 campaign logo was made with peak mid-90s word processor technology

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

how are you not voting for a logo with that many dimensions?! THREE OF THEM!!!! 50% more dimensions than any other candidate’s logo

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
The pandemic did give us a few funny moments.

Trump getting COVID.

Trump wanting to open his shirt to reveal a superman shirt, but was stopped by his handlers.

AMLO, the Mexican president, holding up two religious amulets claiming that they protected him. He is now on his third infection. :lol:

Trump getting booed by his base for taking credit for the vaccines.

Also, this video, a staple of the doomsday econ thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI7sBsBHdCk

Okuteru has issued a correction as of 07:21 on May 8, 2023

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Okuteru posted:

Trump wanting to open his shirt to reveal a superman shirt, but was stopped by his handlers.

To think we almost saw Trump tity :allears:

Or did he really have a Superman shirt under there?

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

3D Megadoodoo posted:

The most ardent anti-vaccine propaganda spreaders being... yoga instructors and rich Swedish-speaking women?!? :finland: (I'm assuming the former radicalized the latter.)

woo-related circles are absolutely targets for fascist radicalization, helps that it starts with sowing distrust of established authority structures

His Purple Majesty
Dec 12, 2008
Remember how we cut child poverty in half with cash benefits during COVID and simply dismantled the program after causing said poverty to come back ?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

His Purple Majesty posted:

Remember how we cut child poverty in half with cash benefits during COVID and simply dismantled the program after causing said poverty to come back ?

Definitely killed the last fragment of my soul that identified with the word "liberal"

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
God so many of them got tricked

https://twitter.com/SenJohnMcCain/status/654714209360437249?t=pnUZqcQqrg_Oi_djkmF1EA&s=19

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

They're gonna get tricked again by tradwife mom Holmes while the country watches, screaming, behind soundproof glass

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Determined to make this drywall woman a load-bearing pillar of the economy.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat
https://twitter.com/eeberquist/status/1655254806888427521?s=20

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

quote:

Burnett and Trump have licensed the “Apprentice” format to dozens of other countries, and Burnett once noted that, increasingly, tycoons cast in the Trump role are “people with political aspirations.” At least half a dozen hosts have held political office, including João Doria, the governor-elect of São Paulo State, who is an ally of Jair Bolsonaro, Brazil’s strongman President-elect. Last year, Kevin O’Leary, one of the hosts of “Shark Tank,” announced his intention of running for Prime Minister of Canada, as a member of the Conservative Party, noting that he and Trump had “both worked for Mark Burnett, and we both got famous on reality television.” Burnett joked to more than one person that he was no longer simply a TV producer but a producer of political leaders. (Four months later, O’Leary dropped out of the race and returned to the show.)

For nearly two decades, Burnett has also spoken about his desire to make a television show with Vladimir Putin. In 2001, he sought to enlist Putin in a project called “Destination: Mir,” a reality competition in which the winner would be sent into space. The idea was scuttled after Russia decommissioned the Mir space station. In 2015, Burnett expressed an interest in building a reality show featuring Putin—not so much a program about politics, Burnett suggested, as a hymn to the glory of Russia, “the humans, the nature, the animals of the nation.”

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I looked up the White House doctor who Trump tried to appoint as VA Secretary, and apparently he's an elected congressman now, so... uh... good for him? :shrug:

Looks like he ended up being a right wing shithead after all.

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

Echo Chamber posted:

I looked up the White House doctor who Trump tried to appoint as VA Secretary, and apparently he's an elected congressman now, so... uh... good for him? :shrug:

Looks like he ended up being a right wing shithead after all.

He believes uncritically that vaccines are killing people by the millions and shuffling around his former position as White House doc to lend credence to Covid conspiracies. He’s a piece of poo poo, yeah.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I think our version had a guy who became a celebrity by inheriting some money and hosting a strip poker show on late-night television.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

His Purple Majesty posted:

Shoutout to the Biden administration using the end of the pandemic Emergency to kick millions of Americans off Medicaid.

Very cool country.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tC2PMLiuOD8

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The various dem twitters (rose emojintwitter, donut emoji twitter, globe emoji twitter) and their complete and utter hatred of each other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

The various dem twitters (rose emojintwitter, donut emoji twitter, globe emoji twitter) and their complete and utter hatred of each other

I wonder what the world would be like if the USA had a single leftist party.