Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hanno
May 2, 2007
Ultisnecious

Gromit posted:

With those cool spaceships upthread I'd love to see some Chris Foss styled ones if anyone feels like giving them a go.

It's not quite sure what to do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Gromit posted:

With those cool spaceships upthread I'd love to see some Chris Foss styled ones if anyone feels like giving them a go.

Took a crack at it

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?

Sedgr posted:

AI as an infinite skinner box is both enjoyable and worrying.

The Torment Nexus but instead it's a Meta AI product that could be described as Better Than Life from Red Dwarf

Speaking of Which...

The Sausages fucked around with this message at 05:38 on May 6, 2023

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?

lazy but fun
prompt was cover art for the hard science fiction book "The Torment Nexus" featuring a (<space/cyber/[space|cyber]> (Pig))

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Current prompt keeping me amused with the Bing creator is:

Prompt posted:

masterful pen-and-ink drawing of [a couple Victorian-era frogs holding hands on a fancy bench in a park. The gentleman frog in a fancy suit and hat. The fancy lady frog is wearing an elaborate dress.] hyper realistic. extremely small line work. stipple style, in the style of Edward Gory. 4k. High resolution. Maximum detail. Muted color ink wash.

And just replacing the bold part above with new little scenario. Here's the happy frog couple:

an old blood hound 60's style police detective. he's wearing a suit but no jacket:

a cavalier King Charles spaniel dressed as an English monarch. pissed like a portrait painting:

red squirrel working as a bartender in a run down old West saloon:

an elephant seal newspaper boy on a street corner in New York City, 1938:

a frail old man sitting on a rock by the side of a path through the Scottish highland hills:

the official Royal portrait of a fictional elderly English queen from the 1784. The portrait is in an elaborate oak and ivory frame:

a man floating in an incomprehensible void. his body separates as he transformed into transparent eggs:

an astronaut drifting through otherworldly vapors while floating freely in black space. he watches 6 large koi swim past:

KwegiboHB
Feb 2, 2004

nonconformist art brut
Negative prompt: amenable, compliant, docile, law-abiding, lawful, legal, legitimate, obedient, orderly, submissive, tractable
Steps: 32, Sampler: DPM++ 2M Karras, CFG scale: 11, Seed: 520244594, Size: 512x512, Model hash: 99fd5c4b6f, Model: seekArtMEGA_mega20

thiccabod posted:

holding hands

You absolute degenerate.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
Thanks Hanno and Brawnfire for giving the stripey spaceships a go. Cheers!

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

dazzle space ship

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
someone with midjourney try the prompt "The complete obliteration of everything"

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Midjourney is turning back the free trials and giving more free credits for people who already spent theirs.

https://twitter.com/midjourney/status/1654651857552408576

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Brawnfire posted:

Took a crack at it

what were your actual prompts

also

PREPARE FOR DEATH RALLY

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 12:23 on May 6, 2023

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

SniperWoreConverse posted:

what were your actual prompts

Lots of variations on "A starship with X livery patrolling the solar system gouache"

First to last it's:

Warning stripe
Candy-colored
Dazzle camo
Zebra
Garish
Red-and-blue herringbone
Funky
Funky
White plating with purple greebles
Hot pink chevron
Blue-and-Orange check pattern
Hot pink spotted
Bumblebee Stripe
Psychedelic
Particolored
White ventral green dorsal
Construction orange and yellow check
Barber pole
Pink-and-white swirl
Deco blue pinstripe

Brawnfire fucked around with this message at 13:32 on May 6, 2023

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
well i'm stealin em

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

The rest of the peegs

Swine trek

I don’t remember …. Maybe “makin’ bacon’?

Pigs on the bridge of the uss enterprise

No…. The STAR TREK enterprise

Pig spaceship

PIGS … IN….. SPAAAAAACE….

I saved the best for last :kawaii:

Cute pig astronaut

Pig and kitten (it had a hard time getting both without making them look like something out of The Fly

Doctor Zero fucked around with this message at 15:01 on May 6, 2023

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

well i'm stealin em

Hell yeah, please do!

The most important words for this style seem to be "gouache' which gives it that watercolor sketch style, and "livery" which helps the AI understand the pattern goes on the ship... most times. Sometimes it still sticks colors and patterns in background elements but really, that helps unify the composition so no harm done.

Pig and kitten (it had a hard time getting both without making them look like something out of The Fly

That... environment is really eerie.

And I tried to make some scenes with Adventure Mouse and his friend/enemy/drinking partner A Piglet but the results were mostly little mouse and big mouse with pig snout (and three nostrils)

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Adventure mouse having a round of drinks with a one eyed pig wearing an eye patch, autumn, New York, photograph, steam

pixaal fucked around with this message at 16:44 on May 6, 2023

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I like how many of these show up with gibberish narrator's panels from some other world's epic sci-fi comic saying somes poo poo like "RSROREANCASSFICTED SHRE TO CACTROTY eXREEY ONI"

SSTFRER VUGOK; OUFANDES AMIACH HTCREPE. SITCRCITI^

Prompt: [Starship with arylide yellow livery patrolling the solar system gouache]

Best of that prompt:

I wish there were a good command for DON'T CUT OFF THE NOSE OF THE STARSHIP, GODDAMNIT

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Brawnfire posted:

I wish there were a good command for DON'T CUT OFF THE NOSE OF THE STARSHIP, GODDAMNIT

I was having this problem with space stations yesterday. Usually putting in a wider aspect ratio in MJ helps. Otherwise I have success sometimes with "full view." But it's really annoying. I usually outpaint the rest in another program but it's never as good.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Same thing happened with my squirrel fish

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

—ar 3:2 usually works for me

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

just used the plot summary of Rebel Moon

quote:

a blockbuster sci-fi action adventure movie directed by zack snyder. When a colony on the edge of the galaxy finds itself threatened by the armies of the tyrannical Regent Balisarius, they dispatch a young woman with a mysterious past to seek out warriors from neighbouring planets to help them take a stand. Photorealistic, movie still, cinematic, reimagined by industrial light and magic, sharp focus, high quality --ar 16:9 --v 5
(various style settings)

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Roman posted:

just used the plot summary of Rebel Moon
(various style settings)
Same but MJ 5.1, default and --style raw

raw

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

little shop of rocky horror picture shows

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
The Avengers as drawn by Jean Giraud (Mœbius)

KwegiboHB
Feb 2, 2004

nonconformist art brut
Negative prompt: amenable, compliant, docile, law-abiding, lawful, legal, legitimate, obedient, orderly, submissive, tractable
Steps: 32, Sampler: DPM++ 2M Karras, CFG scale: 11, Seed: 520244594, Size: 512x512, Model hash: 99fd5c4b6f, Model: seekArtMEGA_mega20
I want to play a game of AI Telephone.

The rules are simple, take this starter image and run it through img2txt, then use that as a txt2img prompt and post for the next person.
In Stable Diffusion, drop the image in the img2img tab and use "Interrogate CLIP".
In Midjourney I think it's /describe.
I don't know anything about DALL-E.

None of these txt2img or img2txt systems work the same so this should get wild, quickly. I want to see where things end up after 32 rounds. Ok, go!

ai telephone
Steps: 48, Sampler: DPM++ 2M Karras, CFG scale: 7.5, Seed: 3135872099, Size: 512x512, Model hash: 7f16bbcd80, Model: dreamshaper_4BakedVae, Denoising strength: 0.6, Hires upscale: 1.5, Hires steps: 48, Hires upscaler: 4x-UltraSharp

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

KwegiboHB posted:

I want to play a game of AI Telephone.

The rules are simple, take this starter image and run it through img2txt, then use that as a txt2img prompt and post for the next person.
In Stable Diffusion, drop the image in the img2img tab and use "Interrogate CLIP".
In Midjourney I think it's /describe.
I don't know anything about DALL-E.

None of these txt2img or img2txt systems work the same so this should get wild, quickly. I want to see where things end up after 32 rounds. Ok, go!

ai telephone
Steps: 48, Sampler: DPM++ 2M Karras, CFG scale: 7.5, Seed: 3135872099, Size: 512x512, Model hash: 7f16bbcd80, Model: dreamshaper_4BakedVae, Denoising strength: 0.6, Hires upscale: 1.5, Hires steps: 48, Hires upscaler: 4x-UltraSharp

Midjourney
'animegirl wearing a red headphone, in the style of neo-abstract realism, light black and cyan, contemporary chinese art, architectural illustrator, boldly black and white, dollcore, datamoshing'

NOTE: MJ's /describe offers multiple choices. I grabbed the first one.

repugnant
Jun 29, 2005

You can only think of me.

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Midjourney
'animegirl wearing a red headphone, in the style of neo-abstract realism, light black and cyan, contemporary chinese art, architectural illustrator, boldly black and white, dollcore, datamoshing'

NOTE: MJ's /describe offers multiple choices. I grabbed the first one.

My prompt became: a painting of a girl with headphones on, hyper-realistic cyberpunk style, red and cyan theme, james jean style, manga style, red blue color scheme, ( ( cyberpunk ) ), graphic novel cover art, cryptopunk
Using stable diffusion and realistic vision 1.4

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

I'd love to see some cool looking characters in the form of marionettes. Seems like a hard medium for it, I didn't get anything good.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

repugnant posted:

My prompt became: a painting of a girl with headphones on, hyper-realistic cyberpunk style, red and cyan theme, james jean style, manga style, red blue color scheme, ( ( cyberpunk ) ), graphic novel cover art, cryptopunk
Using stable diffusion and realistic vision 1.4

the coolest cyber girl art and design, in the style of stylized realism, cyberpunk manga, dark cyan and red, chinapunk, quadratura, colorful realism, 20 megapixels

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

PlaysGamesWrong posted:

the coolest cyber girl art and design, in the style of stylized realism, cyberpunk manga, dark cyan and red, chinapunk, quadratura, colorful realism, 20 megapixels

Via Midjourney's /describe in 5.1:

futuristic girl with headphones, in the style of cyberpunk manga, colorful realism, light emerald and red, 8k resolution, mingei, transportcore, azure

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

Clapping Larry
AI Telephone is really loving cool.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
So I just got into this last night using bing create. Had a blast making a big pile of studio ghibli style images of two brothers doing fantasy adventure stuff to entertain my two boys.

They are super enjoying it, but compared to the images I’m seeing on the last couple pages here I feel really limited. There doesn’t seem to be much way to tighten parameters or iterate on a design, and honestly the art I get always has pretty bad defects with like third legs/arms and such.

Obvs midjourny seems like the upgrade, but Im pretty loath to gently caress around with discord servers.

Is stable diffusion a real pain to setup? Do you have to store the training image library locally? I have a 3070 gaming computer so I think I could handle the hardware chops, but if it requires any coding then i’d be concerned.

repugnant
Jun 29, 2005

You can only think of me.

I have coded zero anything for stable diffusion. I am using https://github.com/vladmandic/automatic and it’s pretty easy to set up. It works great on my 3060 so it should be better for you.

You can get more control over the results using stuff like Control Net (included in the Vladmandic interface) but you’ll want to watch a YouTube video or two.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Like photoshop the more plugins you learn the more powerful you become.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
Plugins with ui I can generally handle. Guess ill give it a shot after the kids go to bed tonight.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

If anyone remembers me posting my little AI cinema project Anomaly Z that I have over at http://anomalyztheseries.com (It's just a Tumblr), I also have another project now.
The working title is Caballers. It's an odd, archaic word but I can't think of anything else, so it's probably gonna stick.
It's my take on the X-Files, Fringe, Mr. Robot, and everything else I've ever watched or read, shamelessly ripped off.

https://caballers.tumblr.com

It's about a vigilante hacker who gets hired by a secret government org that deals with extraterrestrials and the paranormal.
Starring Lucy aka Loki (the hacker), Oni (vastly overqualified secret agent), and... a Stranger that we'll eventually meet.

Featuring cyborg werewolves, subway cryptids, and other fun stuff.

Guest starring NOT-Donald Glover as the Stranger, and aged-to-50-NOT-Felicia Day as Loki's troubled mom.

At the very least it's a reason to make cool sci-fi images, but I'm working on a script as well and will post fun story/character stuff on the blog too.
And when RunwayML releases #gen2 text-to-video, making a Caballers trailer is top priority on my to-do list.

This is definitely a project I want to make real, AI or not. Hope everyone can enjoy the adventures of my gals someday.

Roman fucked around with this message at 01:33 on May 8, 2023

KwegiboHB
Feb 2, 2004

nonconformist art brut

SpaceCadetBob posted:

Is stable diffusion a real pain to setup? Do you have to store the training image library locally? I have a 3070 gaming computer so I think I could handle the hardware chops, but if it requires any coding then i’d be concerned.

It can be a pain if you don't know python or git, the link in the OP https://stable-diffusion-art.com/install-windows/ will walk you through it.
If you don't want to go that route there's an installer now for simpler installation https://github.com/EmpireMediaScience/A1111-Web-UI-Installer. Note: I haven't tried this myself but it looks ok.

Stable Diffusion runs locally on local files so yeah you have to download a lot. https://civitai.com/ is the main site to find them. Top right is a drop down filter, sort by Checkpoint to start.
The base Stable Diffusion 1.5 checkpoint is only the start. The main checkpoint files are between 2-8 gigabytes each, you technically only need one but there are tens of thousands now with all sorts of themes and styles baked into them.

Where Stable Diffusion really shines is LoRAs and Extensions.
LoRAs are basically mini checkpoints that you can mix and match and do all sorts of wild creative things with, they can be as low as 6 MB but the majority will be 144 MB.
They can be any of, character, style, specific object, clothes, etc. You aren't limited to using only one in an image so turning everything ghibli if you want to is totally doable.
Making your own can be a project for later but you can totally have your kids star in these adventures :)

Extensions are add-ons which can drastically change the functionality or results. There is a simple tab inside the WebUI to download and manage them.
Want panorama 10,000 pixel wide images? You can do that.
Want animated videos? You can do that.
Want infinite zoom even if it would seem impossible to do so? You can do that.
I highly recommend the ControlNet extension as you can get 'Ultimate Creative Control' over who what where anything goes in your images.

Important note: when downloading files, you want the .safetensor extension. They don't allow code execution like the original .ckpt files did. There are scanners and converters to turn .ckpt into .safetensor if you do find an old file you like though.

There's a lot to go over here and it's easy to get overwhelmed. My advice is take your time and have fun with it. Experimenting is half the fun! Feel free to ask any questions you run into, we'll do our best to get them answered for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Soulhunter posted:

Via Midjourney's /describe in 5.1:

futuristic girl with headphones, in the style of cyberpunk manga, colorful realism, light emerald and red, 8k resolution, mingei, transportcore, azure

a girl with headphones on in a neon city with neon lights and neon lights behind her is a neon background, Alena Aenami, synthwave style, cyberpunk art, computer art

Welp that was a great test to see if I could make this program work!
The base SD 1.5 checkpoint was putting out rear end from the prompt. So went and grabbed DreamShaper and got a much nicer result.

Pretty fun software. Thanks KwegiboHB for the quick start explainer and telephone game idea.

SpaceCadetBob fucked around with this message at 03:20 on May 8, 2023