Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I think that was her “selling” her arm which auto had been working on the entire match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I liked the Bad Bunny/Priest match for what it was. Was nice that that they brought back Savio and Carlito so they could get the biggest ever pops in their career in front of their home town

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

how dare you forget Kwang reaching the '95 KoTR finals

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Who would win in a fight? Kwang, Kang, or Krang?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Bad Bunny should beat Roman. He can counter the endless Bloodline run-ins with endless Latino wrestler run-ins.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

kang would definitely beat krang because modok beat krang as seen here. don't know kwang's power

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Is Kang stronger than MODOK?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

modok has some powerful technology at his disposal, but kang’s powers are vastly more versatile. kang is also more durable and more mobile, and his combat abilities are simply more advanced than those of modok. Even if modok is to utilize his superior intelligence against kang, the fight would most likely go in kang’s favor simply due to access to more versatile powers and overall better resourcefulness.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
And doesn’t Kang have the ability to look like other people? Including MODOK just to confuse him and gain an immediate advantage?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

kang also has control over time, and modok really has nothing going for him that kang can’t counter. even though modok seems to be physically stronger, kang beats him when it comes to other physical aspects.

modok has highly enhanced intuition, pattern solving, information storage, and retrieval, and he can predict outcomes with almost perfect accuracy. he is not as prominent as other marvel super geniuses, but i can guarantee you that he definitely can count himself among them. i refuse to mess around with the ant man film. however, it would not be an incredibly long battle.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ah, sorry. you asked if kang was stronger than modok initially. no. i've also pasted most of my posting and don't know what's going on, or anything like that.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
No need to apologize, it was a flawed question. I appreciate all the words and especially the order in which you put them.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Kang is nothing without Kodos.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Drakkel posted:

Lotta people have convinced themselves that HHH has completely changed every facet of the company overnight despite the facts that A) a lotta their worst practices are poo poo he'd have no control over anyway, B) Most of Vince's biggest stooges are still in the same positions doing the same poo poo as always or were replaced by guys like Road Dogg which is a lateral move at best, C) Vince is the guy who taught HHH everything he knows about running creative and D) Vince is still in charge and actively loving with everything anyway

A lot of people still believe D is a lie told by Shave Seltzer.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

So Cody got his revenge by stealing a pin and running away? Or did the story suddenly change to who is a better wrestler in the last few weeks?

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum
After pulling the classic plucky babyface move of assaulting his opponent with weapons before the match

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Good to see they're putting Cody over strong

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Brian Kendrick helped produce the street fight last night, per PWInsider.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Pylons posted:

Brian Kendrick helped produce the street fight last night, per PWInsider.

I did na zi that coming

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

So Cody got his revenge by stealing a pin and running away? Or did the story suddenly change to who is a better wrestler in the last few weeks?

After the rubber chicken incident, Cody decided to become the chicken

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

that bad bunny entrance/match was wild. insane response from the crowd

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Majinfoose posted:

After the rubber chicken incident, Cody decided to become the chicken

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Is the LWO actually a stable in name, or are they just wearing the shirts for nostalgia? If it’s a stable, how did it come about forming and getting that name this time around?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

They're a stable. Santos was helping Rey, and Rey decided to bring in El Legado del Fantasma into a new LWO.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Bad Bunny entrance loving rocked and everyone being shocked about how big of a pop he got should step out of there White American-centric bubble for loving once in their life.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't know but originally in wcw the stable died when every member except rey left due to being threatened by the nwo, but he refused to betray the colors even though he hated the lwo not that long before and had only joined the stable after being forced. it sort of led into the filthy animals. i think it's cute that he would bring it back :)

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Bad Bunny entrance loving rocked and everyone being shocked about how big of a pop he got should step out of there White American-centric bubble for loving once in their life.

*their

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Wintermutant posted:

After pulling the classic plucky babyface move of assaulting his opponent with weapons before the match

Remember this year's rumble where gunther was the heel who managed to overcome the odds until the babyface cody debuted last and kicked him in the balls

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 19:32 on May 7, 2023

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Non Binary Jones

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Good on them keeping Cody's Loser Fuckface Nerd gimmick even in a victory. He will be the perfect champion when he wins the consolation prize in Saudi Arabia by stealing the pin in a triple threat

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

ARMBAR A COP posted:

Anyone shocked is obviously not a Lucha Brothers fan. Man… they brought out fireworks too? I didn’t know they brought those back. Good for Savio, good for Carlito and really happy for Bad Bunny to get that.

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Good on them keeping Cody's Loser Fuckface Nerd gimmick even in a victory. He will be the perfect champion when he wins the consolation prize in Saudi Arabia by stealing the pin in a triple threat

Pouring out a cup of Chicken Nuggets for loser C*dy.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Ganso Bomb posted:

Is the LWO actually a stable in name, or are they just wearing the shirts for nostalgia? If it’s a stable, how did it come about forming and getting that name this time around?

They’re a stable, and their members are Latino. Well, except for one member who is Filipino. Rey Mysterio is in it, just like the original version, which he was forced to join after he lost a match against Eddie Guerrero because he never wanted to be in LWO. Luckily for him the original version disbanded a few weeks later after being treated like a joke during the ~3 months it existed.

In an interview one of the new members talked about how cool it was to continue on the legacy of the original LWO. Not sure if they actually ever watched the LWO storyline.

Anyways, what I’m trying to say is that the Filthy Animals would have made way more sense as a Rey Mysterio tribute stable

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Just thinking about Damien Priest's fantastic begging of Bad Bunny not to hurt his leg. Bad Bunny was great in that match but my opinion of Priest went much higher too.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Thanks for the LWO info! I knew it was a stable in WCW but wasn’t sure if they were actively calling people the LWO again now or if they were just wearing the shirts to be cute.

I hope they bring in Jam Up Guy El Dandy.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

WWE announced on Sunday the six wrestlers from Raw and six from SmackDown who are entered into a tournament for the new World Heavyweight Champion (participation trophy/not-Roman Reigns) title.

Raw: Seth Rollins, Cody Rhodes, Finn Balor, Damian Priest, Miz and Shinsuke Nakamura
SD: Austin Theory, AJ Styles, Bobby Lashley, Rey Mysterio, Edge and Sheamus

The tournament's format will see two triple-threat matches take place on Monday's Raw with the winners facing each other later in the show. The winner of that match will advance to the finals at Night of Champions in Saudi Arabia.

Two triple-threat matches will also take place on SmackDown this week with the winners wrestling each other later that night. The winner of that match will then advance to the finals to face the advancing wrestler from Raw at Night of Champions.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Its miz's time

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

So Brock doesn't want the title. Roman doesn't want the title. The usos don't want the title. Solo doesn't want it. Drew doesn't want it.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Why not bring back Filthy Animals instead of LWO?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

This ends with theory vs cody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Shard posted:

So Brock doesn't want the title. Roman doesn't want the title. The usos don't want the title. Solo doesn't want it. Drew doesn't want it.

Brock doesn't work tuesdays, roman knows its beneath him and also doesn't want his underlings having it in case it gives them ideas, drew is quiet quitting.

Boom. Lawyered.