Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Play 5 1 cost cards, I've got just the deck for that...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Shout outs to the players who try to Valkyrie my big drops on the Nexus when I already have Luke on the field: I hear Sideshow Bob stepping on a rake every time it happens. A lot of players really seem to think of Cage as purely Hazmat/Mary/negative location defense and walk right into traps like that. Quantum Realm especially tends to get me wins when I知 running that deck.

Tom Smykowski
Jan 27, 2005

What the hell is wrong with you people?
Having one of those "getting loving stomped" mornings

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

New Leaf posted:

Actually a good weekend for a change, pushed myself from mid-40's to 57. Was 58 but took a couple losses so I'm taking a break. This Nebula Discard deck is nasty: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTmMXLW6SEA&t=232s

I don't have Jeff so I slotted in Nightcrawler, but I'm iffy on him.. He's got his uses but sometimes he gets in the way of Colleen hitting Wolverine or Swarm and delays me a turn so I'm open to suggestions. I know he suggests Swordmaster but I'm worried he'd discard something I need. May give him a try though.

Self-quoting because Collector in for Nightcrawler makes so much sense with Swarm and Apocalypse recycling so much.

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

New Leaf posted:

Self-quoting because Collector in for Nightcrawler makes so much sense with Swarm and Apocalypse recycling so much.

Yea discard feels great right now because it's putting up the same kind of numbers the high "stat" decks are. While trading the Shang and Enchantress counterplay for a lane control strategy.

If you see more prof x lock-down stuff in your local meta discard is a great deck to be playing right now.

It's kind of wild how after months of outliers the meta has gotten so fair right now.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Lots of Galactus today. Guessing they think people are going to be putting all their chips on Nexus

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o
I've been playing clog instead to mild success. Good against both

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Opponent instantly backsnapping at me on turn 4 because they have a 13 power Vulture on board, not knowing I just played Professor X from my Agent Coulson and have Devil Dino and Onslaught in hand: Priceless.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

A PARTICULARLY GHOULISH SHITPOSTER FOR NEOLIBERLISM AND THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY

New Leaf posted:

Built a shittier version of this since I'm missing Collen & drac and I've had nothing but discard opponents lmao. Normally I get a pretty good mix of opponent archetypes when running my "just good cards" deck but now I'm wondering if the algorithm just has trouble figuring out what archetype it is.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

novamute posted:

I've been playing clog instead to mild success. Good against both

I did one I felt filthy with on Nexus. The squirrel location dropped, I sent one over with Viper, then dropped Debris, then used Polaris to move a rock to their last location in Nexus. They retreated when I snapped.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
I keep seeing Yondu > Electro > Doc Ock > retreat. Like 6 times today. Just failed Galactus runs? What are they hoping for?

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

New Leaf posted:

I keep seeing Yondu > Electro > Doc Ock > retreat. Like 6 times today. Just failed Galactus runs? What are they hoping for?

Running my aero/dino/she hulk/moon girl deck i love it when they dock ock after I've already duped my hand. For some reason they think I cant possibly have anything left for the end even after i snap.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

After spending most of yesterday bouncing between 62 and 68 in wild swings, junk deck Nexus-abuse got me over the hump up to 75. Maybe this season is finally the season I go infinite. Probably not.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

New Leaf posted:

More likely than not, yeah, I致e used Ock with Galactus and I think that痴 common

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
I ran for a while with a Kingpin/Magneto combo that couldn't lose, and now I can't buy a win.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Odd interaction I've noticed; if Enchantress hits your ongoings, they don't get a buff from Spectrum, but if they get buffed first and then Enchantress comes down, they'll keep the Spectrum buff. Seems like it should work either way though, since they're still technically ongoing cards, just ones that have lost their abilities

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Nah, that's fairly sensible. Just like how cards that get chantressed gain Patriot's buff.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Nikumatic posted:

Nah, that's fairly sensible. Just like how cards that get chantressed gain Patriot's buff.

That one makes sense, because they no longer have powers, but they're still ongoing according to their text

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

It's consistent across spectrum/patriot/Washington d.c. and should stay that way.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I love that they nerfed Sunspot to make him less popular as a 1 drop and he's still the 10th most used card in the game, weeks after the nerf

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Opopanax posted:

That one makes sense, because they no longer have powers, but they're still ongoing according to their text

The little triangle just means scratch text off that card

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

FlamingLiberal posted:

I love that they nerfed Sunspot to make him less popular as a 1 drop and he's still the 10th most used card in the game, weeks after the nerf
His usage got like halved. It's a huge drop from where he was, but she hulk is still quite a card and where she hulk goes sunspot follows.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Nikumatic posted:

After spending most of yesterday bouncing between 62 and 68 in wild swings, junk deck Nexus-abuse got me over the hump up to 75. Maybe this season is finally the season I go infinite. Probably not.

Hot locations are my #1 tip for gaining ranks. Look for the exploit and abuse the poo poo out of it.

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o

uXs posted:

Hot locations are my #1 tip for gaining ranks. Look for the exploit and abuse the poo poo out of it.

Yupp. Just hit infinite with this on the same principle. Smart snapping plus the incremental advantage of the hot location add up a lot on average across games. Just make sure what you're playing isn't easily counterable since hot locations also mean more people playing counter decks.

# (1) The Hood
# (1) Nebula
# (1) Titania
# (2) Black Widow
# (2) Mojo
# (2) Viper
# (3) Green Goblin
# (3) Debrii
# (3) Polaris
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Enchantress
# (5) Spider-Woman
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiRGVicmlpIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJHcmVlbkdvYmxpbiJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiVmlwZXIifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ikhvb2QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlNwaWRlcldvbWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJQb2xhcmlzIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNb2pvIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJUaXRhbmlhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJTaGFuZ0NoaSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiTmVidWxhIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCbGFja1dpZG93In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJFbmNoYW50cmVzcyJ9XX0=
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and paste it from the deck editing menu in Snap.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah, normally when I try "The Exploit" I get hammered with every single person who wants to shut down the hot location and not play with it, but I've run into like, one Quake and one Magik all day who actually tried to shenanigans the Nexus. People love going for big numbers.

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

Just started playing last week. I知 sitting at about 220 CL, and 52 rank. I had a good time with the Kazoo, but it appears I知 now facing Pool 2 cards and decks I知 not used to seeing. So I guess just do daily痴? And upgrade when I can? I知 not quite sure what to do here.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Modulo16 posted:

Just started playing last week. I知 sitting at about 220 CL, and 52 rank. I had a good time with the Kazoo, but it appears I知 now facing Pool 2 cards and decks I知 not used to seeing. So I guess just do daily痴? And upgrade when I can? I知 not quite sure what to do here.

Yes, focus on accumulating as many credits as possible and upgrade your cards whenever you can. It doesn't matter which cards you upgrade because after common every card upgrade scales to 2 levels for 100 credits, aside from Common, which is 25 for 1. Keep gaining CL and you'll get better cards, and also if you're playing Kazoo try to not have the initiative and hold your 1 cost cards until the last turn so you don't get hosed up by a turn 5 Killmonger.

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

Youremother posted:

Yes, focus on accumulating as many credits as possible and upgrade your cards whenever you can. It doesn't matter which cards you upgrade because after common every card upgrade scales to 2 levels for 100 credits, aside from Common, which is 25 for 1. Keep gaining CL and you'll get better cards, and also if you're playing Kazoo try to not have the initiative and hold your 1 cost cards until the last turn so you don't get hosed up by a turn 5 Killmonger.

Thanks. That痴 the plan. I can also play some ongoing stuff pretty reliably. I値l focus on CL exclusively. Also what should I actually be spending the gold on?

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Save your gold because once you hit CL500 you'll unlock the token shop, and you'll want to spend your gold on the bundles that include tokens. The list of bundles get datamined every month so you can look ahead and see which bundles are worth getting. Also, once you hit around 500-600 the training wheels come off and you're going to be thrown into the deep end with people playing fully tricked out decks that you will not be able to easily compete with. Collecting CL is the number one concern if you're going to be F2P, and if not, nothing is worth your money except the monthly season pass.

And never ever use the quick upgrade in the shop that's a waste of credits

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

Modulo16 posted:

Rule #1 for new players is to not waste credits on the "Short boosters? Upgrade now!" cards in the shop. You will soon have so many boosters you can never spend them all.
I definitely wasted a couple thousand credits early on when I started playing in October because "Oh no my Iceman only has 38 boosters and I want to upgrade him to Infinity now!" Now my Iceman has like 1200 boosters.

Other than that just do your dailies and have fun with the new cards you get! You're in the super fun part of the game where you're constantly getting new stuff, even if that means you're constantly seeing stuff you haven't seen before in your opponents.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I've won several games this morning by moving Cosmo on T6, it's such a dick move but it works great

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

Youremother posted:

Save your gold because once you hit CL500 you'll unlock the token shop, and you'll want to spend your gold on the bundles that include tokens. The list of bundles get datamined every month so you can look ahead and see which bundles are worth getting. Also, once you hit around 500-600 the training wheels come off and you're going to be thrown into the deep end with people playing fully tricked out decks that you will not be able to easily compete with. Collecting CL is the number one concern if you're going to be F2P, and if not, nothing is worth your money except the monthly season pass.

And never ever use the quick upgrade in the shop that's a waste of credits

Thanks, I do pay for the season pass.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Ignore everyone else, gold is for dropping 1200 bars on the sick-rear end variants you want.

Quetzadilla
Jun 6, 2005

Modulo16 posted:

Yeah it's a strange feeling because you should be getting matched with people at the same CL but you might both have wildly different P2 cards available to you to build with. There's not much to do but start feeling out when to retreat vs playing out the game, as that will be a very useful skill for the rest of your time. Most decks are either you are able to draw/play your win condition or you don't (or the opponent has the hard counter in-hand) so in a way this feeling will persist.* You'll be pool 2 complete pretty quickly, then hit a similar hump when you enter pool 3 for a bit, but at least then you will have more to cook with and snapzone has decks for every single P3 card so you can build around whatever you unlock early.

I know it feels bad to think you've just wrapped your head around the meta in P1 which gets changed up as you enter P2 and then P3, and while I hated it at the time, I've come to like the way it works to help get your legs under you.

Also nebula is a very strong 1-drop so if you're kazooing i highly recommend dropping 10bux.

*I like big turn 6s and don't like retreating or specific-win-con decks so I play versatile decks that allow me to respond to the locations/opponent's board more. However because of this my cube accumulation sucks poo poo compared to playing something more straightforward and conservative.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

New Negative deck been absolutely singing on the hot loc. Bast Warlock in opening hand is a snap. Sandman is the only thing I fear.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Does titania trigger miles morales?

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Snazzy Frocks posted:

Does titania trigger miles morales?

No, I don't think that's "moving", if my memory serves me right Titania moving did nothing to make a Kraven bigger. I think this also goes for the goblins

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010

Opopanax posted:

Odd interaction I've noticed; if Enchantress hits your ongoings, they don't get a buff from Spectrum, but if they get buffed first and then Enchantress comes down, they'll keep the Spectrum buff. Seems like it should work either way though, since they're still technically ongoing cards, just ones that have lost their abilities

it's because the spectrum buff is a one off on reveal buff. If they are ongoing when her buff goes off, they get a permanent boost. if they have no ongoing effect then they don't get a buff.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Jehuti posted:

it's because the spectrum buff is a one off on reveal buff. If they are ongoing when her buff goes off, they get a permanent boost. if they have no ongoing effect then they don't get a buff.

I get that, my problem is Enchantress' text says she removes the abilities from all ongoing cards, but what she's actually doing is removing their ongoing status itself. This is a better explanation

Snazzy Frocks posted:

The little triangle just means scratch text off that card

But that's not what her card says she does. Just one of those things that could be worded better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Sooo glad that hot location is over so I could go back to playing Cerebro. Hazmat is alright in C2 but Luke Cage is actually a tremendous tech against negative power locations, slightly considering removing Hazmat and putting Goose back in