Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Was it great and worth watching?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

ilmucche posted:

Was it great and worth watching?
The race was great, people are just salty that Max shat all over their "Checo WDC" shtick by completely dominating him from 9th.

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Rename it to Formula Red Bull

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
what was great about the race?

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Khablam posted:

The race was great, people are just salty that Max shat all over their "Checo WDC" shtick by completely dominating him from 9th.

The kind of toxic positivity people who wear Redbull hats are known for.

The Jagger Eaton of posting

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

the F1 thread: everyone in it is a gimmick poster who is furious at each other's gimmicks

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

NotJustANumber99 posted:

what was great about the race?

Brundle sending Jackie Stewart in for an interview.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together
Basically with a few exceptions, every race this season will be 1. VER 2. PER 3. ALO

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Khablam posted:

So just as boring as last week?

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

ilmucche posted:

So just as boring as last week?

yes.

Cimber
Feb 3, 2014

SocksAndSandals posted:

Rename it to Formula Red Bull

Was there this much salt towards Mercedes during the Lewis era?

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
real thrilling race, so much fun watching nobody capable of being even slightly competitive with Red Bull.

Maybe they can make Verstappen start from the parking lot next time so it’s a little more interesting for more than 7 laps.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I'm glad I fully watched the race from an ER room with my daughter getting her giant butt abscess drained (she's fine, race wasn't, er was slow as heck)

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Bip Roberts posted:

I'm glad I fully watched the race from an ER room with my daughter getting her giant butt abscess drained (she's fine, race wasn't, er was slow as heck)

:crossarms:

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Cimber posted:

we're still in the lewis era

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

real thrilling race, so much fun watching nobody capable of being even slightly competitive with Red Bull.

Maybe they can make Verstappen start from the parking lot next time so it’s a little more interesting for more than 7 laps.

The Vegas race isn't until november

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Cimber posted:

Not as much, Lew Lew fans were utterly adamant that it was entirely Lewis' huge skill that let him win almost regardless of starting position.

Meanwhile in the few instances you see of the Mercs not pace managing (they very soon realised it was a bad look and started sandbagging) they were doing absolutely ludicrous things like pulling out a 4s gap in one lap
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3UB1UCIge4

There's another classic example of Bottas being 1.5s faster than the rest of the field when he did a fastest lap attempt, on just the main straight.

e: see also Brazil 2021, where Lewis having a car that was 25kph faster than anyone else being because he was "#blessed" but when RBR seemingly nail their DRS concept for a similar result its "a cheat car".

Khablam fucked around with this message at 23:59 on May 7, 2023

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Khablam posted:

Not as much, Lew Lew fans were utterly adamant that it was entirely Lewis' huge skill that let him win almost regardless of starting position.

Bottas’ performance and the fact Lewis is consistently outperformed by Russel just goes to show how much fan service Mercedes got in the media back then.

They also ignored what an rear end in a top hat Lewis really is - sure, when he’s winning he’s very gracious, but the moment they don’t, he’s the first to throw the team under the bus and never takes any responsibility for failing.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
It's factually a cheat car tho

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

my "gimmick" is that i like when multiple drivers can compete for a championship

it's a good gimmick

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Didn't watch any of this weekend's sessions.

I assume it was an excellent Win for Lewis with Oscar & Lando coming in 2nd and third while max cried in the corner.

Nowher
Nov 29, 2019

pack your bags
Just caught the highlights... fail weekend, fail season.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Declan MacManus posted:

my "gimmick" is that i like when multiple drivers can compete for a championship

it's a good gimmick

I have bad news about the sport you’re following then

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Sunk Dunk posted:

so if redbull go 1-2 every race, what's the earliest they could clinch the constructors?
Assuming best case scenario points gains for teams:
Redbull: P1, P2 and FL on normal weekends (44p) P1 and P2 in the 5 sprints (15p)
Non RB Teams: P3-P4 in all races (27p) and sprints (11p)

After Japan for: Aston Martin (102p), Merc (96p) and Ferrari (78p)
After Singapore for McLaren(14p), Alpine(14p), Haas(8p) and Alfa(6p)
After Italy for AT(2p) and Williams(1p).

So any time the other teams take points of off each-other it just moves the timetable up.

This is based on a 3minute calculation thingy I whipped up so it could be wrong

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Monaco could be good this year. Max just has to screw up in qualifying yet again so he can get frustrated trying to zoom his way to the front.

Alaois posted:

the F1 thread: everyone in it is a gimmick poster who is furious at each other's gimmicks

Khablam is real, though.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

marshalljim posted:

Monaco could be good this year.

lol

lmao

rofl

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
welp 2 weeks til imola

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

monaco hasn't been good in decades

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

this is shaping up to be, no poo poo, one of the worst seasons i've ever watched. hamilton was at least challenged by rosberg, vettel did okay against hamilton for a bit while at ferrari and was hilarious (when did i do dangerous driving?)

maybe 2011 vettel?

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

I haven't followed f1 much since the days of Ferrari and Schumacher. Why is red bull so dominant right now?

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
much preferred when Ferrari had a competitive car and but kept shooting themselves in the foot vs just having dogshit slow cars.

at least nando makes it interesting

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Alonso will earn 15 points at every race

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

brugroffil posted:

I haven't followed f1 much since the days of Ferrari and Schumacher. Why is red bull so dominant right now?

their car designer is a savant when it comes to aerodynamics

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Preparing for a merc 1-2 after they bring their upgrade package to imola

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

it helps that they have a driver who is likely to break every record out there, given how many years are left in this formula

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Just make them work for everyone, problem solved

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

brugroffil posted:

Non joke answer: We are now in year 2 of new regulations and they just have absolutely nailed them.
They have arguably the best aerodynamics guy in the sport leading their design team, and also finally a good (Honda) engine going into the current ongoing engine freeze after years of Mercedes having by far the best engine.

Joke answer: They are cheats OP.

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Khablam posted:

its "a cheat car".

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I was hoping Lewis could weeze one last title and retire but it's not looking like that is going to happen. He's gonna Fernando and just hang around for 10 more years, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Keyser_Soze posted:

I was hoping Lewis could weeze one last title and retire but it's not looking like that is going to happen. He's gonna Fernando and just hang around for 10 more years, right?

Nah, once he finishes at Mercedes he will retire.