Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Love to get hopes up yet again. Let’s go Leafs!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Is it good to score in your first shot on goal?

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Off to an excellent start!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

gently caress yeah

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Is it good to score in your first shot on goal?

Two would have been better than the ping. Be more like Lafferty, Auston.

Also have a strong feeling that Holl/Gustafsson have at least one hilarious play in them each.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

So Keefe definitely practiced these hard rims around on the off day and I cannot imagine a worse strategy for clearing the zone against this Panthers team. Like, it’s exactly what they want.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Mitch should probably stop playing so stupid (also whoever he passed it to who just threw the puck away to the Panther at the point under no pressure).

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Koopa Kid posted:

So Keefe definitely practiced these hard rims around on the off day and I cannot imagine a worse strategy for clearing the zone against this Panthers team. Like, it’s exactly what they want.

false sense of security then BAM: overtime hopefully

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Nice to see Holl back taking hopeless point shots that are easily blocked and cause an odd man rush against.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Man I just can't see any of these teams being able to do anything about Draisaitl or McDavid

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

eXXon posted:

Mitch should probably stop playing so stupid (also whoever he passed it to who just threw the puck away to the Panther at the point under no pressure).

I’ve been on team Mitch Marner is a Headcase for a while now but his decisions with the puck right now are pretty shocking even to his usual standard

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Koopa Kid posted:

I’ve been on team Mitch Marner is a Headcase for a while now but his decisions with the puck right now are pretty shocking even to his usual standard

That's soon to be Selke runner up Mitch Marner to you

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Man god are Tavares and O'Reilly are slow as molasses these days. Millennial NHLers are done.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

eXXon posted:

Nice to see Holl back taking hopeless point shots that are easily blocked and cause an odd man rush against.

Hey now, he had one good defensive play at some point.

Toronto is rolling with 11-7 right now so maybe they won’t play him too much?

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Watching Florida with the puck in the offensive zone actually move guys to the net and pressure defenders while the Leafs are playing their usual game of getting the puck in the corner and not even looking into the slot really reinforces to me that Sheldon Keefe hasn’t learned a drat thing

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Koopa Kid posted:

Watching Florida with the puck in the offensive zone actually move guys to the net and pressure defenders while the Leafs are playing their usual game of getting the puck in the corner and not even looking into the slot really reinforces to me that Sheldon Keefe hasn’t learned a drat thing

I think you'll find he's learned a thing or two about respect in those handshake lines over the years

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I'm pleasantly surprised how reasonably competent Schenn has looked, and if it allows Rielly to play better whatever the hell ever.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

ThinkTank posted:

Man I just can't see any of these teams being able to do anything about Draisaitl or McDavid

Matthews used to be able to shut down McDavid pretty well.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Toronto is rolling with 11-7 right now so maybe they won’t play him too much?

He'll probably be on the PK and play more than Gustafsson unless the Leafs get PP2 on a lot more than usual.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Solid save

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Easily Florida’s best period of the series so far, confirming the trend in Leafs games that the best way to get a lead is be worse than the other guys

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

That was a pretty dull period and I won't say I expected the Leafs to come out stronger but it would have been nice. Surely the Panthers won't keep up the low energy all game.

Also I could swear I saw Marner make a blind spinaround backhand pass from the boards to the slot. In his own zone.

Koopa Kid posted:

Easily Florida’s best period of the series so far

In terms of what, possession? They didn't exactly get many prime scoring chances.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Koopa Kid posted:

Easily Florida’s best period of the series so far, confirming the trend in Leafs games that the best way to get a lead is be worse than the other guys

Lol the gently caress you talking about

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

eXXon posted:

In terms of what, possession? They didn't exactly get many prime scoring chances.

I it’s the first period since G1 P1 they’ve outshot the Leafs and unlike that game they’re ahead on the exgees too. The shot chart disagrees with you on their chances, they had more in close than the Leafs did.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Lol the gently caress you talking about

I dunno man I saw Florida get more actual shots through and more from good spots than the Leafs did and I’m looking at a tracker that agrees with me

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Koopa Kid posted:

I it’s the first period since G1 P1 they’ve outshot the Leafs and unlike that game they’re ahead on the exgees too. The shot chart disagrees with you on their chances, they had more in close than the Leafs did.

From what I recall the two Florida had from their left wing were at a pretty sharp angle and not nearly as dangerous as their proximity to the net would suggest.

I mean looking at moneypuck they rate a Leafs shot from nearly along the goal line as the most dangerous chance ahead of Lafferty's goal and Matthews' post, so...

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
I'm going to watch the first period in over like two years. If they go down 3, you can blame me.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
For gently caress’S sake

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

The Human Eraser

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
samsonov is done

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Stretch Marx posted:

I'm going to watch the first period in over like two years. If they go down 3, you can blame me.

Done

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Oh that sucks

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.
Welp....

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004