Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

African AIDS cum posted:

Exploring underground is really tedious, having to keep dropping the light flower things but every item you pick up means you have to scroll back to them on the inventory screen, I hope there is some upgrade that streamlines this as I don't even wanna bother with it now

Hit "Y" until your quick menu is sorted by "most used", your glow seeds are basically guaranteed to be the first on the list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Barreft posted:

Have you been lighting the area bulbs up? helps a bunch

Don't know what those are

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
they're the big glowing towers

you meander over and give them a hand

you don't actually have to light anything, the spook ground is noticable anyway

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

African AIDS cum posted:

Don't know what those are

The underground version of towers, look like big orange bulb things

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Barreft posted:

The underground version of towers, look like big orange bulb things

Haven't come across one yet, I just went down some well, wandered around and malded after a bit

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Infinitum posted:

I have a launch day Switch, can someone point me in the right direction to get homebrew working on it?

Mate dropped around a microSD reader for me last night so I can actually do something about it

One thing I'll say about this is that it was actually more difficult than I expected (though this is largely because there are different ways to load homebrew, so some documentation I read wasn't consistent with other documentation). And the guides will mention stuff that isn't strictly necessary, like the EmuNAND partition stuff. I think that stuff might be necessary to connect to the internet from the modded Switch or something, but in my case I just set it permanently to airplane mode because I didn't want to risk my account being banned. If I were to do it again, I probably would have put more effort into seeking out a community of people I could ask about it in real-time, because that probably would have made things much more simple than trying to figure out which documentation was necessary and which wasn't.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Oh man this loving game! I was earlier thinking how I wished I could fight bosses again and li and behold in my depth wandering, I see my old pal Colgera floating around in the darkness. I think it's a harder version too, plus being darker arena. I ate a couple faeries because the tornado walls were more intense this time if you picked a bad direction to juke. Even cooler after killing him you get a big jaw you can attach to a weapon so I bet you can farm him after a blood moon. Also a big chest filled with 100 Zonai triangles I forgot what are for I have like 500 oops

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

African AIDS cum posted:

Haven't come across one yet, I just went down some well, wandered around and malded after a bit

if you go to the chasm south of lookout town there is a tutorial for them i think

e: or there is a quest in lookout that sends you there, i can't remember

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
It's super annoying that the save thumbnail will show your vehicle and Poe daddy eye, but when loaded... All gone.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
for master sword quest

If you despawn the dragon, how do you get it to show up again?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
They just show up periodically and seem to patrol the same loop. Try resting at campfire at place you know it shows up. As an aside, I had no idea what was going on just now and saw a dragon and jumped on it and had no idea what I was in for. Very magical organic moment.

I only even saw it because I wanted to skydive to a horse stable lol.

Also has stamina always been capped at 3 wheels? I... Want more.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I absolutely love that they advertised the sky areas so much and it's barely in the game. Nothing about the depths, how much Hyrule is changed, or how alive it is now. I can't wait for everyone to be as surprised and excited as we are. They knew they didn't need to show too much to get people to buy it, so it's all a huge surprise.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I didn't watch the latest trailer so even some of these core abilities and things were a delightful surprise. I think the ideal way to have played this game is to have played BotW years ago, not touched it since then, and start playing this one with as little knowledge as possible. I think the latter is true for most games, but this one especially I've had some great moments just discovering some little thing or option or took or interaction is a thing.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Khanstant posted:

I didn't watch the latest trailer so even some of these core abilities and things were a delightful surprise. I think the ideal way to have played this game is to have played BotW years ago, not touched it since then, and start playing this one with as little knowledge as possible. I think the latter is true for most games, but this one especially I've had some great moments just discovering some little thing or option or took or interaction is a thing.

People are expecting Hyrule to look relatively the same, and there maybe being tunnels underground. It's great I can't wait for release

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
There's also a ton of stuff I just haven't thought of, or thought to experiment with, or have but haven't spent the time because I wanna do everything. There's a lot of crazy machines more engineering minded folks are going to start coming up with and building. Even some of the in-game contraptions that show up are like, oh whoa, I can do that?? followed by: and what if i add a rocket?

edit: Also Link looks cool in this and has a ton of killer outfit combos. fashion souls in play

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 01:33 on May 8, 2023

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

lunar detritus posted:

Any ideas about how to use this?

still curious about this, I'm not sure how that battery works. If I (or a construct) hit it with a shock arrow the fan briefly turns on, pauses and then turns on for a little longer but I have no idea why or what determines the length. I think the shrine wants me to ride the wind to get to the highest platform to kill a construct.

worm girl
Feb 12, 2022

Can you hear it too?
Are there more than 7 types of enemy in this game (palette swaps and skeleton versions do not count) and is it still possible to just pause any time and eat infinite apples to refill your health, which you always have 99 of?

These are legit questions and will determine whether I buy it or not. It sounds like food is less ridiculous but I wanna know for sure. Botw didn't have enough variety in its content, specifically its enemies, which was a big bummer.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

worm girl posted:

Are there more than 7 types of enemy in this game (palette swaps and skeleton versions do not count) and is it still possible to just pause any time and eat infinite apples to refill your health, which you always have 99 of?

These are legit questions and will determine whether I buy it or not. It sounds like food is less ridiculous but I wanna know for sure. Botw didn't have enough variety in its content, specifically its enemies, which was a big bummer.

Theres soooo many new enemies, I dont want to spoil any of them.
Yes to eating

TOTK is BOTWx10, including cutscenes and story lol content alone is insane it makes BOTW look like a tech demo

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

worm girl posted:

There are 8 new enemy types that you will see all the time.

Combat feels more deemphasised than BOTW. The abilities you get make it less fun (doing each dungeon unlocks a spirit follower so eventually you just have small army following you round doing free damage and stunning stuff) and your weapons break faster. You still heal by pausing and eating food.

Don't get this game for the combat, its focus is on exploring and doing sidequests and collecting stuff.

lunar detritus posted:

still curious about this, I'm not sure how that battery works. If I (or a construct) hit it with a shock arrow the fan briefly turns on, pauses and then turns on for a little longer but I have no idea why or what determines the length. I think the shrine wants me to ride the wind to get to the highest platform to kill a construct.

I don't know about that shrine specifically but every time i've enocuntered one of those it has been in an area with electric circuitry you have to use to power it up, or a battery to charge.

CJ fucked around with this message at 01:53 on May 8, 2023

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

they got rid of 3 outfits but added 9 or so more. the original game had 14 sets and a few extra shirts, shoes etc.

Ancient Armor and the female Gerudo armor are gone. And the DLC Xenobalde one. and all the previous amiibo and DLC armor are now in the base game

edit: the old shirt and well worn trousers and warm doublet have zonai equivalents now too, replacing them, and the switch shirt didn't come back.

Antonymous fucked around with this message at 02:05 on May 8, 2023

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

no more axes cause you're supposed to fuse to make an axe. No more elemental weapons. And no more edge of duality for some reason.

all the shields came back.

No more ancient or guardian anything except ancient arrows someone found can be fused. They all have zonai equivalents tho.

all the horses are back

Antonymous fucked around with this message at 02:06 on May 8, 2023

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
My accidental amphibias vehicle. Made this to deliver a korok, fell in water and it kept going.

even with texture bug game is so pretty

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 02:30 on May 8, 2023

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Antonymous posted:

they got rid of 3 outfits but added 9 or so more. the original game had 14 sets and a few extra shirts, shoes etc.

Ancient Armor and the female Gerudo armor are gone. And the DLC Xenobalde one. and all the previous amiibo and DLC armor are now in the base game

edit: the old shirt and well worn trousers and warm doublet have zonai equivalents now too, replacing them, and the switch shirt didn't come back.

they got rid of the femboy Gerudo armor!?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Korok delivery missions are the most fun thing to do in this game, imo. Just a wide open objective to build a contraption. I bet we're going to see a lot of comedy videos involving torturing those koroks for BotW crimes tho.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

you can get the old champion's tunic (without the extra armor) and the old hairstyle, and you can do a quest to put your hylian hood down. I think the royal guard armor might be upgradable now

there's 10 new types of enemies.

Previous game had:
Bokoblin
Moblin
Lizalfo
Chuchu
Keese
Octorok
Wizzrobe
Lynel
Guardian
Yiga
Talus
Hinox
Molduga

So basically doubled it. Guardians don't come back in any form I guess.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Autisanal Cheese posted:

Don't worry link has loads of thirst trap outfits.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Autisanal Cheese posted:

The new Gerudo government had a populist swing in the time gap between the two games and spent all their time calling Link a groomer to distract from the water shortage in Gerudo valley.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Khanstant posted:

My accidental amphibias vehicle. Made this to deliver a korok, fell in water and it kept going.

lmao. I cant wait for more of this

We're going to see so much crazy poo poo

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Zora Water Works music is so nice.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Speaking of music, without spoiling anything, is overworld music back? Or is it still just the ambient minimalist piano music in the overworld with actual music relegated to towns and dungeons again?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

The Maroon Hawk posted:

Speaking of music, without spoiling anything, is overworld music back? Or is it still just the ambient minimalist piano music in the overworld with actual music relegated to towns and dungeons again?

Ambient

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

This island has it's own gravity. Like I'm jumping on the moon. This game rules lol

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

There needs to be a Descend spell so you can dive plummet to hyrule from the sky islands and end up in the depths

No the gloom holes don't count, just head first into the earth

Barreft fucked around with this message at 04:57 on May 8, 2023

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

What does Zonai-powered mean on weapons? That you should attach Zonai construct horns to them or something?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Ytlaya posted:

What does Zonai-powered mean on weapons? That you should attach Zonai construct horns to them or something?

yeah, zonai weapons get a damage bonus if you use zonai parts and zonai shields use less power when you attach zonai mechanisms

doesn't mean you have to do that, but that's their perk

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

yeah, zonai weapons get a damage bonus if you use zonai parts and zonai shields use less power when you attach zonai mechanisms

doesn't mean you have to do that, but that's their perk

Yeah, I just came across a flamethrower and noticed it worked better with it, thanks.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

the reward for completing all the shrines - warning its pretty nuts

it turns you into the hero from the tapestry, or at least an 'aspect' of them... seen through a zonai lens

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
You completing all the shrines, me, not even have all the map uncovered yet. I actually haven't even looked at the desert corner yet because Im saying it as a treat since it's my fav biome.

What I did get is a big fuckin horse that crushes anything it runs by, and it kicked the Lynel I picked a fight with a couple times in the fight. Do not get near my big horse!!

I was also thinking it's funny I still had the first good 40 strength shield from start of the game ... Then the Lynel fight ate two shields lol.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

How do you throw items again? I remember it was explained in one of the shrines, and I want to do that to avoid wasting arrows for some stuff.

edit: Oh nevermind, I figured it out; you have to hold R before hitting up to select the material.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Ytlaya posted:

How do you throw items again? I remember it was explained in one of the shrines, and I want to do that to avoid wasting arrows for some stuff.

Hold the button for throwing your weapon then press the button you use to select a thing to fuse onto your arrows. Not saying the specific buttons because I don't remember off the top of my head.