Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

LionArcher posted:

Or maybe some of us want to experience the 3 cutscenes ourselves

You should spoiler that, posters are going to get angry at you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm going to put all of your posts in spoiler bars since I think my game playing experience would be improved by the endeavor.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

I truly am terrified of spoilers. I have nightmares about them. I drink myself into a stupor every day because of the toll this anxiety takes on me. It's gotten to the point where entering this thread peaks my adrenaline and I'm addicted to the thrill of danger because maybe someone will have posted untagged spoilers. I don't know who I am anymore. Do I hate the spoilers or love them? The fear reminds me that I'm alive.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Mister Facetious posted:

And now everyone is scared of spoilers because they don't have the emotional maturity to remind themselves it's just a game.

You're not sharing information with your fellow game fans, you're "spoiling my personal experience!" :jerkbag:

People are allowed to enjoy things in the way that best suits them. If someone doesn't have "emotional maturity" about videogames, they're allowed to be that way because some people might not be as emotionally enlightened as you.

We can be considerate of other people very easily by using spoiler tags and having spoiler threads.

That way people who want to can opt in to sharing information and people who don't can opt out!

It's almost as if not being dickheads to people when it's trivial to avoid that behaviour is a good thing.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Mister Facetious posted:

You should spoiler that, posters are going to get angry at you

I’m doing a bit, I have no clue how many if any cut scenes there are. I’m not looking at spoilers.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

LionArcher posted:

I’m doing a bit,

:hfive:

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Let's parry this stupid discussion by talking about BotW. Which I just beat! (22% completition) Overall I was massively annoyed Hyrule Castle reseted several path stuff I did the first time. Calamity Ganon was fine, except when I had to parry to damage him but he kept using un parryable lasers that explode which I hate. Boar Ganon was bad because I couldn't see the final weak point due to the brightness and Epona kept hitting trees.

Overall, a much better impression than my first times where I didn't really give it a chance, ended up liking it a lot! Big issues were durability (hear me out, it was the uneveness that felt off, either I lost multiple weapons in a row or found too many when I wasn't using them), the rain being so negative to gameplay and the entire armor system (the loving DLC Phantom armor was my bets set defense-wise, otherwise I'd have to farm a lot of mats to get a set with better defense. And defense also swings a lot, either you take no damage or take 10+ hearts and die if you didn't eat hearty food or get a lot of health. Also gently caress explosive lasers. But otherwise it was really fun setting up objectives and finding nice stuff along the way, as well as all the options available to solve stuff, shrines grew on me.

Anyways besides having to study for this week's Japanese midterm I'll pick AoC back up to get more time with these doofuses before TotK releases on a 3 day weekend. I'm now excited for it! Are there any other BotW save bonuses found besides the one talked about?

EDIT: Also deciding whether to get the game physical to have it physical or digital to get a 10€ discount via voucher (since I can get it at base 60€ on some retailers)

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Which I just beat!

Kudos! Whatta game, and I am sure feeling the hype for Tears of the Kingdom!

Anybody have Zelda manga takes? Some of them look fun, especially the Akira duo ones. Also wild that LttP has three separate manga adaptations over the years.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

There's only one spoiler I would want, and it's whether or not I can look forward to more gender-bent Link.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Do we know if TotK will have the JP voices available at launch? I think this would be okay to spoil from the leaks.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I think that's regular link with makeup and a tube top.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
The internet kinda ruin the fun of videogames. Is not just spoilers. Is guides. Walktroughs. Even opinions. Theres a lot of noise around a videogame.

For TOK, I hope people disable the internet and just enjoy.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
No, other people's opinions do not ruin my fun of videogames. Maybe that's a you problem

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
I like reading spoilers for games, at least ones like this where gameplay is the main draw. I don't really get hyped over the plot in a Zelda game; I know other people do, and if they don't wanna be spoiled that's cool doesn't matter to me.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

I wonder if the playground would've been this heated in 3rd grade if we knew who shot Mr Burns, there was a bunch of debate

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Comrade Fakename posted:

Do we know if TotK will have the JP voices available at launch? I think this would be okay to spoil from the leaks.
considering that it is being released by a japanese company and switch cartridges are region free: yes

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Tei posted:

The internet kinda ruin the fun of videogames. Is not just spoilers. Is guides. Walktroughs. Even opinions. Theres a lot of noise around a videogame.

For TOK, I hope people disable the internet and just enjoy.

The best part of playing the leaked version is that I'm forced to figure out things by myself. It may also become the worst part if I get stuck in something too long, but by then the game will be out I guess.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I would have been genuinely annoyed if I got Wind Waker's castle spoiled because that was an incredibly cool reveal. A plot doesn't have to be great to still get something from a xool surprise

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Only a few more days…

https://youtu.be/AH4Vx5zz7Go

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Blaziken386 posted:

considering that it is being released by a japanese company and switch cartridges are region free: yes

I obviously would like English text. BotW originally came out in the west with only English (and maybe other European languages?) but got Japanese VO options patched in later.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

lunar detritus posted:

The best part of playing the leaked version is that I'm forced to figure out things by myself. It may also become the worst part if I get stuck in something too long, but by then the game will be out I guess.

The game is so much more rewarding to explore it's crazy satisfying to just wander around and chase whatever catches your eye. BotW had me do that a lot too, but it was like, shrines and lil puzzles and get shadow orb. This time there's way more to get and where you're at matters more since the rewards aren't just generic loot and orbs.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Barreft posted:

I wonder if the playground would've been this heated in 3rd grade if we knew who shot Mr Burns, there was a bunch of debate

I think these is a difference between conversations between friends about something and learning the ending of something you wanted to see or play without any warning because some rando wanted to make a shitpost.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Unlucky7 posted:

I think these is a difference between conversations between friends about something and learning the ending of something you wanted to see or play without any warning because some rando wanted to make a shitpost.

oh my god i wasnt being serious

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Barreft posted:

oh my god i wasnt being serious

Guess I am an idiot then :shrug:

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

durability (hear me out, it was the uneveness that felt off, either I lost multiple weapons in a row or found too many when I wasn't using them)

This is actually my take on it too. Early Game and some midgame stuff is too low, lategame stuff like the royal set are actually a bit too high to keep you actually cycling through.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Blaziken386 posted:

The important thing here is the ability to have separate text and voice language, which was added to BotW post-launch.

TotK has voice language option in the options menu. The options are English, French (France), French (Canada), German, Spanish (Spain), Spanish (Latin America), Italian, Russian and Japanese.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Peewi posted:

TotK has voice language option in the options menu. French (Canada),

You have GOT to be making GBS threads me.

https://youtu.be/I7MxDAU45RM

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Peewi posted:

The important thing here is the ability to have separate text and voice language, which was added to BotW post-launch.

TotK has voice language option in the options menu. The options are English, French (France), French (Canada), German, Spanish (Spain), Spanish (Latin America), Italian, Russian and Japanese.

Cool, thanks! I want to play it with Japanese voice since the BotW’s English VO was terrible.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Comrade Fakename posted:

I obviously would like English text. BotW originally came out in the west with only English (and maybe other European languages?) but got Japanese VO options patched in later.

Peewi posted:

okay thats my bad, i didnt realize botw did that. surely, making alternative versions for each region would be MORE effort than just having them all in the base game, right?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

no spoilers but TOTK makes BOTW look like a tech demo

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Blaziken386 posted:

okay thats my bad, i didnt realize botw did that. surely, making alternative versions for each region would be MORE effort than just having them all in the base game, right?

What happened is that the voices and text were originally tied to your system language. They patched in an option to make selections in-game instead. Although there are a few games which are different per region (iirc Splatoon 1 is one of those and maybe also Splatoon 2).

CBD Corndog
Jun 21, 2009

I just finished my final BOTW play through and now I'm lost and adrift for 5 days

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Is there a different ending in BotW for reclaiming all 13 memories first?

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Tayter Swift posted:

Yeah you get an extra cut scene after the credits, which is likely setting up a little bit for the world in TotK but it isn’t anything too substantial.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.

Tayter Swift posted:

yes, but it's just an extra scene. you can watch it on Youtube

(BotW ending spoilers, I guess)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3zqoSxCGsc

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Thanks :) Think I'll off him again Thursday night then as my last pre-TotK act.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

I've been trying to look online and getting conflicting info, does anyone know the precise time it's going to unlock on Nintendo eShop (already pre-ordered it), and is it different per region? Like is Australia going to get it before anyone else?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Autisanal Cheese posted:

I've been trying to look online and getting conflicting info, does anyone know the precise time it's going to unlock on Nintendo eShop (already pre-ordered it), and is it different per region? Like is Australia going to get it before anyone else?

Correct, midnight of your timezone(or whatever region you bought it)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Autisanal Cheese posted:

Based solely on past high-profile Nintendo releases (like, say, Pokemon Scarlet and Violet), it will unlock at midnight in the shop region you bought the game in. For the United States, that will be on the 12th at 12 AM EDT (GMT-4), but every other time zone in the USA will be earlier - like in California the unlock will be on the 11th at 9 PM PDT (GMT-7). The earliest you could possibly unlock the game is the New Zealand/Australia region(s - I'm not sure if they're separate), but your shop purchase would have to be from that region as well. It doesn't check your system time for unlocking, just phones the regional eshop to see if it's supposed to be out yet.