Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FootballFreak2
Jan 8, 2023

GOALVENEN thank you nashville

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

And boom goes the dynamite

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

It’s been said that 5-1 is the most dangerous scoreline in hockey

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
:toot:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Think Oettinger will be back in the 3rd?

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Seattle metro area has two wildly successful WHL teams that regularly sell out. Plenty of people know the game. But the prices at CPA keep them away.

It's not so much that the prices are too crazy, it's that well off folks have been snatching up tickets early on because it is in vogue to attend. Then they don't attend the games and don't feel the need to put the tickets on the secondary market. As someone who has partial season tickets and has only been able to attend two playoff games, hearing folks from Amazon complaining that their work group bought 20 tickets just for 3 people to attend (and then leave in the 1st) has been pretty frustrating.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
Smart play from donato.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Murdstone posted:

Think Oettinger will be back in the 3rd?

lol what would the point of that be? crush whatever is left of his confidence?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

bad change, bad turnover, bad Oettinger

go home Dallas

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Seattle metro area has two wildly successful WHL teams that regularly sell out. Plenty of people know the game. But the prices at CPA keep them away.

Was at the tbirds game last night and same vibe.

FootballFreak2
Jan 8, 2023

I'd rather watch the tips then pay the stupid prices for Kraken tickets

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Preeeetty good period

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Are Dallas fans seriously arguing that Seattle fans don't understand the game? what the gently caress is going on in this thread

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

FootballFreak2 posted:

I'd rather watch the tips then pay the stupid prices for Kraken tickets

Not this year. The tips were so bad to watch this year.

E: although the beer is also cheaper

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Starsfan posted:

lol what would the point of that be? crush whatever is left of his confidence?

Rest em for game 4?

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

JUST MAKING CHILI posted:

Was at the tbirds game last night and same vibe.

Well we're just gonna have to agree to disagree because the TBirds vibe is wildly different in my personal lived experience.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Starsfan posted:

Are Dallas fans seriously arguing that Seattle fans don't understand the game? what the gently caress is going on in this thread

look when you're from a city with a long and storied hockey tradition like Dallas, you have to make others earn your respect

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

Starsfan posted:

There’s a lot of plastics here with season tickets that don’t know poo poo about the game.

Thankfully it’s been better in the post season, but regular season is not great.

CoasterMaster
Aug 13, 2003

The Emperor of the Rides

Nap Ghost
Got a few noise notifications :)

DancingMachine
Aug 12, 2004

He's a dancing machine!

Starsfan posted:

As a Kraken fan who has been to a bunch of games, it is still very common for lots of people to be in the crowd who do not understand what is going on. The city is learning quickly with this playoff run though, and there's no shortage of enthusiasm.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

seiferguy posted:

Rest em for game 4?

I was responding what would be the point of sending him back out there for the third.. I guess i wasn't clear..

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Jhet posted:

Not this year. The tips were so bad to watch this year.

E: although the beer is also cheaper

They had some gutsy wins I enjoyed. But yeah once they traded Zellie and Hofer the calibur of play dropped substantially.

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007

Starsfan posted:

yeah, I'm not sure why we're getting vibe checked up (what was at the time) 4-1, but as I've already said I'm probably one of the people who "doesn't know poo poo" still. Trying to learn, though, because I enjoyed hockey as a kid and then just kind of fell off as my Seattle fandom emerged, so having an NHL team that is doing okay-ish is definitely rekindling my interest.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
90% of hockey fans don't know the game, the key is to be loud and obnoxious

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

T-Bone posted:

90% of hockey fans don't know the game, the key is to be loud and obnoxious

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

One thing i've noticed about Oettinger is if he lets in a weak goal he very rarely pulls it back together.. I'm sure everyone feels like they can tell right away if their goalie is going to have a good night or not, but Oettinger really does feel like an outlier in this respect.

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Really disappointed in Subway for thinking they could do a deli-based parody of Eye of the Tiger when Weird Al already did one like 35 years ago.

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Really disappointed in Subway for thinking they could do a deli-based parody of Eye of the Tiger when Weird Al already did one like 35 years ago.

Jersey Mike's but your point stands

fake edit: although honestly i prefer this ad to whatever the gently caress subway is doing with the sports-based ads

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
I grew up in Milwaukee and went to my fair share of Admirals games, but never really was able to get into hockey as much as I was football and baseball. My football/baseball knowledge is probably equivalent to a lot of the really knowledgeable hockey posters here and I really don’t get why being a noob gets you vibe-checked in hockey. I don’t really see anything like that in any other sport I follow. :shrug:

Zurreco posted:

It's not so much that the prices are too crazy, it's that well off folks have been snatching up tickets early on because it is in vogue to attend. Then they don't attend the games and don't feel the need to put the tickets on the secondary market. As someone who has partial season tickets and has only been able to attend two playoff games, hearing folks from Amazon complaining that their work group bought 20 tickets just for 3 people to attend (and then leave in the 1st) has been pretty frustrating.

This is pretty bad though and I think it’s actually a thing. I got seats on the glass for a game this year and like 6 seats next to my SO and I were vacant until the 3rd period when a bunch of dudes who look like the most stereotypical trust fund kids showed up and started asking me basic questions about hockey and trying to start a “gently caress Joe Biden” chant. :fuckoff:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lmao

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

SHORTY :lol:

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

ThePeavstenator posted:

This is pretty bad though and I think it’s actually a thing. I got seats on the glass for a game this year and like 6 seats next to my SO and I were vacant until the 3rd period when a bunch of dudes who look like the most stereotypical trust fund kids showed up and started asking me basic questions about hockey and trying to start a “gently caress Joe Biden” chant. :fuckoff:

The first part just sounds like fresh out of undergrad tech transplants living within walking distance of Climate Pledge. I have no idea what the latter part is unless that is their attempt at being ironic.

FootballFreak2
Jan 8, 2023

Shorty, tanev rules

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

mercy rule

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
Dallas just had the worst defending of a 2-on-1 i’ve ever seen lmao

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013
Ladies and gentlemen, Ryan Suter.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Nice job Stars :airquote: defense

FootballFreak2
Jan 8, 2023

TMNT mask is cool

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Dallas should forfeit already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Lmao tanevs face on the 2 on 1