Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I get the point of the episode but it was too long making the same points over and over. A rare Barry miss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Aye Doc posted:

I think they recorded them ahead of time, the new one is already up

Ah, apparently they only recorded this episode ahead of time. They'll resume the Barry recaps after the writer's strike.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Mother loving Quik Trip. Yeah, Sally is in a pure strain Midwest Hell.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Alan Smithee posted:

oh my god this poo poo is worse than Kim Wexler in Florida

Kim was content with her life. Only Barry is content living in a model home in the middle of the American Wasteland.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Quik Trip owns

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

But who the gently caress was knocking at the door?!

The neighbour kid told him to sneak out at night and join them for some baseball, so it was probably him checking in on them.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

1stGear posted:

Kim was content with her life.

did we watch the same show

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Alan Smithee posted:

Yup. Yup. Yup.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I would have expected more people to have compared this episode to BCS's "Nippy", because "Waterworks" was great.

Yep.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

as to who was knocking on the door at night it was probably the little folk, who are known to live in mounds in the desert

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

uh it was clearly skinwalkers

this is True Blood now

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

it was Mike laughing in the desert

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

CatstropheWaitress posted:

The neighbour kid told him to sneak out at night and join them for some baseball, so it was probably him checking in on them.

Or just ding dong ditching

Kerrek
Dec 17, 2004

FireWorksWell posted:

Yup. Yup. Yup.

I know what you're doing and I don't approve.

https://youtu.be/khRhbtC4Ico

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

drat, a lot of those related video titles are just blunt spoilers.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

FireWorksWell posted:

drat, a lot of those related video titles are just blunt spoilers.

I thought you meant the “little league deaths” YouTube so I went back to check. But it was just more little league deaths. Man, who knew it was so dangerous?

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Jfc, those youtube videos....

child killed by line drive (MATURE CONTENT!!)

Alan Smithee posted:

oh my god this poo poo is worse than Kim Wexler in Florida

Yup.

Yup. Yup. Yup. Yup.

Ignis posted:

Oh wow, she framed him for the bucks she stole? that was slick

Didn't even give her a guilty conscious :(

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Saw this on reddit, when we see the search results for Gene the second headline's cut off but it says he shot his son and fled.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Alan Smithee posted:

Kerrek posted:

I know what you're doing and I don't approve.

https://youtu.be/khRhbtC4Ico

I dunno, did we? Because the only things that Kim does that demonstrates she's not content are go to work for the legal aid group and finally face down the consequences of what happened to Howard. She isn't trying to cheat on Mr. Yup, she isn't looking for a new job, she isn't pulling Slippin' Kimmy's on guys at hotel bars. Her black-and-white scenes are a deliberate contrast to Jimmy's, where he is clearly miserable and can't stay away from being Saul Goodman. She is the ultimate refutation of the ABQverse, the one person who saw what breaking bad would cost and said "gently caress that."

Its not the most exciting life, but it sure as hell beats seeing a man's brains get blown out in front of you.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
lmao Barry setting himself up as his son's role model because American presidents, Christianity, baseball, and Gandhi are too flawed

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

So Barry’s kid will kill Barry, yeah?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

But who the gently caress was knocking at the door?!

The captions said "whispering, giggling" when Barry was standing in the dark, so probably kids

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
https://twitter.com/wehohank_/status/1655403615442583554

Can't believe I got into an argument with a person by saying that Barry is an intensely Catholic show last year

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I was wondering if they were supposed to be in Oklahoma considering his background. Is their specific location shown or mentioned at any point?

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Is sally just with barry because she doesn’t know how else to handle the fact that she killed that biker?

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
I’ve said to a few friends that I think this show displays PTSD really well and the standing with a gun until dawn hit my rear end hard

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

wizardofloneliness posted:

I thought you meant the “little league deaths” YouTube so I went back to check. But it was just more little league deaths. Man, who knew it was so dangerous?

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

FireWorksWell posted:

Captions said giggling so I assumed it was kids playing knock knock zoom but I feel like we'll never get a solid answer...

Henchman of Santa posted:

Or just ding dong ditching

Both wrong. It was kids playing ring-and-run.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That poor loving kid :stonk:

I loved the episode, so deeply, weirdly uncomfortable in how everything was just a little "off". Even stuff like when Barry removes the painting to get to his gun, and instead of being like a safe or a hidden shelf or something, it's just this smashed in, jagged hole in the wall.

But seriously, oh my God that poor kid.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Parents straight up murder each other after little league game

Hawkperson
Jun 20, 2003

1) the poor loving kid. Great actor though

2) of course Barry names his new self after Superman. It’s so on the nose and yet so perfectly Barry I don’t mind

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
This show is just so ridiculous yoyoing between whimsical hollywood problems and overt intense drama. Insane show

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Hawkperson posted:

2) of course Barry names his new self after Superman. It’s so on the nose and yet so perfectly Barry I don’t mind

lol I immediately thought of Clark Griswold

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

So many questions. I'm still trying to figure out how Barry escaped a state prison during a lockdown, never mind being able to flee to the plains, set up a new life, buy a kit home and have a baby. Did Barry have some money stashes that the authorities didn't find? Where does their pee and poop go when they flush it?

And where did Sally give birth? At a hospital? Why not just dye her hair brown?

And if the neighbors didn't recognize Barry from the national news story eight years ago, why go after Gene? The headlines are already out there. Killing Gene will just ensure the story blows up even bigger and gets Barry's face plastered all over cable news again. If I was Barry I would have grown a large conservative beard in addition to the glasses and the weight gain and then I probably wouldn't have to worry about being recognized.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

StrugglingHoneybun posted:

I'm 5 min in, and I don't like this and I want to turn it off and pretend they're all happy instead.

Ya 10 minutes in and I was so uncomfortable and wanted it to end. poo poo was dark

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Dick Jones posted:

Where does their pee and poop go when they flush it?
only the tip of the iceberg for questions raised by this episode

8 years living like this *and* birthing/raising a kid does not pass the credulity bar for me, though I guess this show has never been too serious about all that

2 years feels saner as a timeframe to go from "we're off the grid, baby" to "vodka and youtube all day" without also ruining a child's life. Though I understand the drive to put all that toxic (?) mansculinity generational trauma stuff in there

but let's see where it all goes

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

About the halfway point of the episode I became convinced it was gonna be revealed they, or perhaps even just Barry, straight up just abducted a kid and convinced him they were his parents or something, there was such a horrifying disconnect going on.

Show is incredible.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

Dick Jones posted:

So many questions. I'm still trying to figure out how Barry escaped a state prison during a lockdown, never mind being able to flee to the plains, set up a new life, buy a kit home and have a baby. Did Barry have some money stashes that the authorities didn't find? Where does their pee and poop go when they flush it?

And where did Sally give birth? At a hospital? Why not just dye her hair brown?

And if the neighbors didn't recognize Barry from the national news story eight years ago, why go after Gene? The headlines are already out there. Killing Gene will just ensure the story blows up even bigger and gets Barry's face plastered all over cable news again. If I was Barry I would have grown a large conservative beard in addition to the glasses and the weight gain and then I probably wouldn't have to worry about being recognized.
The escape and money stashes can be explained as standard plot-drivers; 'somehow' and 'yes,' respectively.

I think that after eight years, the kit home is meant to imply that they've moved around several times and are prepared to do so again, which would also explain why Sally uses wigs instead of dye; they're easier to switch out.

Eight years is also a fairly reasonable time for everyone to have forgotten Fugitive Barry. The biopic was in production, but that doesn't mean it was major news; Gene resurfacing is what brought it to national attention and the Google Alert which is why he has to go.

As for the kid, I've got a real nasty feeling that he's adopted and that maybe he's not first kid they've used.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

PostNouveau posted:

The captions said "whispering, giggling" when Barry was standing in the dark, so probably kids

I mean that could also be Noho Hank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Dick Jones posted:

Why not just dye her hair brown?
Of all the questions you asked, this is the interesting one. But consider the possible answers, and what they might say about Sally. Ultimately this will make for a more rewarding experience than chasing the tiny dopamine hit of making the CinemaSins ding sound effect in your head