Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: MokBa)

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Oh. I was curious about save bonuses from BotW on TotK and apparently there's more than what was mentioned in this thread. 0 spoilers about new stuff, just so people who finished recently can know.

Besides your stabled horses, you keep your health/stamina for the early game, your house in Hateno and Tarry Town progress, gotta do the last one.

GiantRockFromSpace fucked around with this message at 13:06 on May 8, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Oh. I was curious about save bonuses from BotW on TotK and apparently there's more than what was mentioned in this thread. 0 spoilers about new stuff, just so people who finished recently can know.

Besides your stabled horses, you keep your health/stamina from the early game, your house in Hateno and Tarry Town progress, gotta do the last one.

so i start with like, 20 hearts and 3 stamina circles? seems like that would make things quite easy in the early game? and can they be maxed out even more?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Dictator. posted:

so i start with like, 20 hearts and 3 stamina circles? seems like that would make things quite easy in the early game? and can they be maxed out even more?

All I'll say is don't worry, that won't be an issue.

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

Besides your stabled horses, you keep your health/stamina from the early game, your house in Hateno and Tarry Town progress, gotta do the last one.

Is it just a starred completed save? Or does it read both normal and master mode saves? I wonder cos i have two eponas in both normal and master mode lol (not the amiibo ones, just named my first horse that)

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

I never did any of the house in Hateno or Tarry Town stuff in my playthrough because I didn’t know why I would want a house and didn’t realize there was so much to that questline, I wonder if there’s stuff you can only do in TotK if you hit certain marks in BotW.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Dictator. posted:

Miswrote, just fixed.

Johnny Postnemonic posted:

Is it just a starred completed save? Or does it read both normal and master mode saves? I wonder cos i have two eponas in both normal and master mode lol (not the amiibo ones, just named my first horse that)

Haven't looked much to dodge more spoilers but only normal mode apparently.

That's all I found, and I think we'd better not turn this into a CIA document.

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

alright. well i'll be patient until friday. though i saw on reddit some people getting their pre-order copy early, maybe I'll get lucky too. SM Odyssey came in early for me.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Besides your stabled horses, you keep your health/stamina for the early game, your house in Hateno and Tarry Town progress, gotta do the last one.

What happens if you don't do the latter two? Do you still get the tarrey town quests and vendors but there's less background NPCs? And what if you don't build the Hateno house?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the new game is mere days away and i'm still learning things about the old game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJegDXs_UaI

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

Miswrote, just fixed.

Haven't looked much to dodge more spoilers but only normal mode apparently.

That's all I found, and I think we'd better not turn this into a CIA document.

But do you know what really happened, that day in roswell new mexico? do you have any solid leads on jack ruby?

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

CJ posted:

What happens if you don't do the latter two? Do you still get the tarrey town quests and vendors but there's less background NPCs? And what if you don't build the Hateno house?

I was pretty sure you had to finish the Hateno House before the builder moved on to Tarrytown? At least purchase it.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Augus posted:

Wow. drat!

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Augus posted:

jesus christ what a game

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

I was pretty sure you had to finish the Hateno House before the builder moved on to Tarrytown? At least purchase it.

Yeah you need to do the house first then one of the builders moves there.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

When do reviews start dropping

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I'm curious what changes then because i'm pretty sure on a fresh save it assumes you did them both. If it doesn't then i didn't even realise. If a fresh save assumes you did them and a transferred save removes those things i feel it isn't worth transferring the save at that point unless there's some other stuff that carries over.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
My link needs no house, for all of Hyrule is his home

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Augus posted:

god, the amount of poo poo to discover with all the new mechanics in totk is going to be so much fun

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

All I know about that is that Apparently you can transfer the pic you get from Champion's Ballad, but nothing else cause somebody redecorated the house. Zelda found the weapons tacky confirmed

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

The Golux posted:

This is actually my take on it too. Early Game and some midgame stuff is too low, lategame stuff like the royal set are actually a bit too high to keep you actually cycling through.

Early game you get excited when you find the flame blade late game you just leave it to keep your dozen 50+ royal broadswords.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

a.lo posted:

When do reviews start dropping

IIRC the embargo is up the day before release, so sometime Thursday?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Huh I was wondering how after so much time I still missed an entire town but now I see...

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
It's crazy to me that someone would find out the game has a housing system and would think "naa i'll pass". Aren't you at least curious about how it works systemically?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Look it's on the list

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

CJ posted:

It's crazy to me that someone would find out the game has a housing system and would think "naa i'll pass". Aren't you at least curious about how it works systemically?

I never found it :negative:

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
tarrytown was such a great thing to discover post-ganon. felt nice to help build something.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

CJ posted:

this is going to sound dumb, but I actually struggled on this on my 2nd playthrough because I saw the one guy working on the abandoned house, he mentions his boss, but I never actually walked around the back of the house to meet the boss.

All I had to do was just...walk 10 feet further than the first guy, and I failed to do it for days.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I naturally put it off because I visited Hateno village early in the game and of course could not afford it then and saving for a lot of other things became a priority. I have more than enough gems alone to do it now but still haven't gotten to it because now I have like 3 shrines left so that's getting done first.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

As far as the shrines go, I went days without finding any but I finally found the blood moon one and Kass' notes pointed me to a remaining one, the one where you have to mount a deer. Additional wandering around led me to discover the Gerudo one where you have to kill a Molduga and light the torches and then that extremely annoying thunderstorm plateau one which I discovered right after the blood moon one because I remembered I never went into that thunderstorm area after unlocking the tower because I had enough lightning.

Technically I have three shrines left but I know one is in or right next to Hyrule Castle and I think I just found the quest for one in the Eldin area but it could be one I completed already without initiating the quest, but that basically leaves one left to find...

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

If you get a shrine quest for a shrine you've already done it will automatically clear right then and there. So if it hasn't, then it probably is one you're missing.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

I think I will try to do more stealth poo poo in this game. I basically ignored it entirely in botw.

RickRogers
Jun 21, 2020

Woh, is that a thing I like??

External Organs posted:

I think I will try to do more stealth poo poo in this game. I basically ignored it entirely in botw.

It was a bit bullshit though, so don't feel too bad

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Counterpoint: doing stealth missions to snipe enemies is hella fun.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Forced stealth missions like the Yoga hideout are lame, optional stealth stuff like picking off a camp of bokoblins with arrows without them ever seeing you are insanely fun

Why yes I was primarily an archer in BOTW, why do you ask?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
My version of stealth was gliding over a camp then dive-bombing them both literally and figuratively

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
That hard cover guide looks sick. Nearly 500 pages and three pounds!

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

As much as people hate stealth sections I liked the Yiga hideout. In general I think the setpiece kind of areas like the labyrinths, the survival island, the dark island, etc are the best part of the game. At this point in tbe main game I’ve done about 90 shrines, two divine beasts with the other two done except the dungeon puzzle and boss with the teleporter active. My gameplay loop now is farming ingredients for speed and attack potions and killing lynels and major shrine guardians. The setpiece shrine quests were a nice change of pace

Also yes the combat could be improved, the lynels and guardians are damage sponges and are most easily beat by just abusing stasis and doing two handed swing attacks, the block and parry stuff is useless

icantfindaname fucked around with this message at 18:19 on May 8, 2023

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I made this image.

Feel free to use when TOK release, and people start solving puzzles.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

https://twitter.com/NintendoNYC/status/1654878698544283648?s=20

lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Idgi