Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: 16-bit Butt-Head)

Martian
May 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Panfilo posted:

Didn't chuds hate fact checkers before? Wasn't that a whole thing on Twitter and Facebook?
https://twitter.com/PeterGleick/status/1655091460642074628?t=B54h4cgleWfhxuUe_Ey9lQ&s=19

How is 'it's actually cheap' even a 'fact'? Here (Europe) tap water is €0,45 per cubic meter or something for consumers, $0,50 a gallon is very expensive compared to that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

this mfer is going to start a fox news channel on twitter

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

They've been allowing some dubious "fact checks" so especially don't read anything implicating a white dude like the recent dude who killed a homeless guy

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

The "fact checks" are voted on by twitter users, so--while there were some very funny good ones early on--the mechanic is definitely being exploited now by paid blue checks.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

FFT posted:

The "fact checks" are voted on by twitter users, so--while there were some very funny good ones early on--the mechanic is definitely being exploited now by paid blue checks.

working as intended

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
I like that they mention the cost per gallon, ignoring that a big plant costs hundreds of millions to build

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/MC66627842/status/1655272452937711618?s=20

lmao

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
A thousand blue checks in the comments saying tucker is a centrist
https://twitter.com/mehdirhasan/status/1655229194169643008

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

is he wearing a girdle

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

:laffo: now that the evidence has come out for everyone to see the original tweet was deleted but Musk has left his reply up so you can see the flood of bluecheck slugs agreeing the shooter couldn’t possibly be a Nazi :downsbravo:

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Rynn posted:

is he wearing a girdle

His mom loaned him her Spanx.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Couldn’t possibly be a white supremacist. He looks brown, has a latino name, and possible tattoo (gang related??)

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Looking good sir legitimately hirsute and tall

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Panfilo posted:

Didn't chuds hate fact checkers before? Wasn't that a whole thing on Twitter and Facebook?
https://twitter.com/PeterGleick/status/1655091460642074628?t=B54h4cgleWfhxuUe_Ey9lQ&s=19

is musk writing these?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
just get a strainer from the supermarket and strain the salt out stupid libs

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

The days of the fact checker being cool were obviously numbered

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

just get a strainer from the supermarket and strain the salt out stupid libs

smart guy voice: just boil the water using fire, this will separate the water from the salt as steam, which you can catch in any plastic gallon bottle. it's simple chemistry, really.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

just throw the salt right back into the ocean bro it ain’t no big deal it belongs there

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1655524210213634049
a perfectly balanced diet of unhinged content, just what the doctor ordered

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008

e: thinking a bit more on it the reveal should be that they are looking at elon

Quinch
Oct 21, 2008

wonder what counts as unhinged left wing content from the man who now likes stormfront race realism posts

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

cheap for who

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

shyduck posted:

cheap for who

Using about 100 gallons per person per day, an average U.S. family four paid about $72.93 for water every month in 2019. https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/water-prices-by-state

it's about 20x more expensive but it's in fact very cheap, only $18k per year

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
ok so a family of four would pay $2000 a month for water then, I mean just stop getting new iphones every month??

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Stefan Prodan posted:

ok so a family of four would pay $2000 a month for water then, I mean just stop getting new iphones every month??

just stop going to starbucks every day!!!

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Colonel J posted:

e: thinking a bit more on it the reveal should be that they are looking at elon

Lol

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
:allears:
https://twitter.com/TheRabbitHole84/status/1655424022514130944?t=HXKPBy6p9jkJEctHpGZivw&s=19

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
What kind of Question, though?

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
Oops I accidentally 'just asking questions'-d my way into racism! Oops I did it again for denying global warming! Oops now I'm siding with people who want to exterminate all the transes.

Oops who can say where I stand politically.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
i'm glad the enlightened and reasonable centrists are here to save free speech for all of us

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
before elon musk, the deep state colluded with large capitalist enterprises to do all kinds of sick and twisted propaganda

but ever since elon told his writer employees to publish the twitter files we are turning that around and the deep state has been totally smashed upon the wheel of Truth and Freedom

it's just a matter of time until the twitter files accelerate the launch of Liberty, the everything freedom, by 3-5 years

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Hello, here is 1000 gallons of seawater and 5 dollars. Make it quick, I'm thirsty.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

the milk machine posted:

before elon musk, the deep state colluded with large capitalist enterprises to do all kinds of sick and twisted propaganda

but ever since elon told his writer employees to publish the twitter files we are turning that around and the deep state has been totally smashed upon the wheel of Truth and Freedom

it's just a matter of time until the twitter files accelerate the launch of Liberty, the everything freedom, by 3-5 years

Elon Musk has done it again, op.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
just asking questions as a means to formulate a final solution

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

All the Twitter Nazis know the best way to spread their ideology on the site is to kiss Musk’s rear end

“Elon you’re so smart! So smart, in fact, you’d be willing to ask important questions about this chart on skull shapes and sizes right?”

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

it sucks these people control The Narrative now

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
A lot of far-right folks don't like Musk's cars but he serves as a platform for awful racist poo poo which they yearn for after Tucker got the boot.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

I’m sure this has been discussed to death but someone took the idea of Twitter lists, which exist and are useful, and replaced it with some mood based tag management and magic.

Rynn
Jul 23, 2003

Tesla service center customers can have a little fraud, as a treat

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/please-help-2014-ms-battery-replacement.301095/

quote:

My battery replacement experience has been a nightmare. My 2014 MS P85 completely shut down. I got several BMS warning postmortem. Had the car serviced and the diagnosis was water in the HV batter fuse cover. Paid $2,149 to have HV battery removed from the car, test run to assess the heath of the HV battery, replace the fuse, ski rails and the low voltage battery. I was told the battery checked out good - no internal water leakage, good isolation checks and no secondary failures present. After driving the car for about two weeks, the battery’s range started dropped significantly (from 250 to 220 miles).

I eventually made a service appointment for the reduced range. Two days later the car shut down again. Remote diagnostics pointed to a SOC imbalance and a battery replacement was needed. Was quoted $15k for a reman 85 kWh battery. was told the new battery would have equivalent or better performance to the old battery and it would come with a 4yr/50k mile warranty. At this point, I am thinking fix the car and sell it for an upgrade. I asked if the battery warranty was transferable to a new owner. SC said, “they would need to have proof of service”. I asked, “Can’t Tesla connect the car VIN with the battery warranty.” SC said that would be a violation of privacy.

In other words, they would not volunteer the information in hopes the new buyer would pay for the replacement. This speaks to the type of company we’re dealing with here.

The replacement battery finally arrived, and I received another message from the SC saying they had to replace the ski rails and the low voltage battery at an additional cost of $500. These were the same parts I replaced two months ago. WTF? My reply – “NO”. SC said they had to replace the ski rails because the new battery doesn’t work with the old rails. I finally got the car back and the 100% range is only 244 miles and they gave me a reman 70 kWh battery, not the 85 kWh battery I was quoted. I am considering how far to take my displeasure.

Question: Could the SC have damaged the battery when removed the first time? Is a 70 kWh battery equivalent or better than an 85 kWh battery? I know the 70 kWh battery was made in 2015 and it’s a year newer. Will that make up for 15 missing kWhs? What’s the longevity of a 70 kWh battery compared to 85 kWh? Any thoughts?

quote:

I visited to the local service center, and they told me the sticker on the battery was wrong. I am not able to accept Tesla’s word at face value.

Reviewing the facts:
Sticker on the battery says 70 kWh.
Replacement battery is a different physical size (Was charged extra $ for new ski rails because car’s existing rails didn’t fit the replacement battery).
Car’s regen braking is weaker now than before the battery swap.
Car was repaired next day after being told it would take 2 weeks to get replacement battery. (not sure how significant this is)
Car has less range compared to a couple of months prior to the battery swap. (I charged to 100% using mobile charger on 50 amp circuit and topped out a 237 miles, but the range drop to 234 miles within a couple of hours without moving the car. The car had closer to 250 miles range a couple of months prior to the failure. The range dropped to 220 miles in the weeks leading up to failure which is why I scheduled a service appointment prior to getting the BMS_U029 error. It’s not fair to compare the replacement battery’s range to the range on the day of failure and say Tesla fulfilled their obligation.
As many of you have point out – a 70kWh battery will not provide 234 miles of range. A new S70 had a full range estimate of only 210 miles.
Dash reads P85
It appears I got some kind of Frankenstein battery. It has bits and pieces of both 70 and 85; and who knows what else.
Is it save to say I didn’t get the 1088815-01-D that I approved in the invoice?
Am I right in saying Tesla didn’t meet their obligation to provide a battery with equivalent performance? (Seeking candid feedback)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Rynn posted:

Is a 70 kWh battery equivalent or better than an 85 kWh battery?

Is it like golf and smaller number better than bigger number? I am an idiot.