Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

Why not bring back Filthy Animals instead of LWO?

Rey would have to unmask

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

zetamind2000 posted:

This ends with Seth vs Styles

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Remember! It's not about ratings and never was! We've never liked ratings! -hunter

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

Why not bring back Filthy Animals instead of LWO?

They don't want to give Disco Inferno any hope of an appearance.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Put the belt on Nakamura

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Make Rey glue horns to his head again

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
So the WHC, which is supposed to be the Raw title, is in a tournament with Smackdown people? So if a SD person wins does the title stay exclusive to Smackdown?

I kind of can’t believe that they are already loving with the draft before the draft even officially starts.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

No they have to move to raw which is arguably even dumber

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

:psyduck:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/AdamGoldberg28/status/1655367362726567936?t=BuniCOTbCC_KTz58TngkyQ&s=19

Vince isn't back everyone

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Hoss Corncave posted:

They don't want to give Disco Inferno any hope.

This is a worthwhile cause.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

What do you mean? It's going to be played like "lol look at these losers. Striking is for LOSERS"

e: right as I hit post I realized I missed your sarcasm :doh: I'll leave it for posterity though.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

just watched it, IYO and Bianca was real fuckin good

wait a minute, Chelsea and Sonya are always portrayed as ineffectual dorks, isn't this kind of insulting to unio– ohhhh

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Dango Bango posted:

What do you mean? It's going to be played like "lol look at these losers. Striking is for LOSERS"

e: right as I hit post I realized I missed your sarcasm :doh: I'll leave it for posterity though.

This isn't even the first time they've done this, they had the refs and announcers strike because of unsafe conditions, resulting in Punk doing PBP

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 02:45 on May 8, 2023

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Io Shirai, three time winner of best joshi in all of Japan, turns out to be a real loving good wrestler.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

Good on them keeping Cody's Loser Fuckface Nerd gimmick even in a victory. He will be the perfect champion when he wins the consolation prize in Saudi Arabia by stealing the pin in a triple threat

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Astro7x posted:

So the WHC, which is supposed to be the Raw title, is in a tournament with Smackdown people? So if a SD person wins does the title stay exclusive to Smackdown?

I kind of can’t believe that they are already loving with the draft before the draft even officially starts.

It’s so dumb, and it’s not even designed to get anyone new over. It’s just the same established upper midcard and main event guys. Looking at the Raw roster, there are 8 former world champs. They could do a 16 man tournament and the opening round could have former champs against people who have never held the title before. This way they could build some new stars either by having someone go far or someone taking a former champ to the limit.

Here’s a tournament that reinforces the brand split and could potentially have some good matches:

Kevin Owens Vs Gunther
The Miz Vs Shinsuke Nakamura
Braun Strowman Vs Bronson Reed
Seth Rollins vs Johnny Gargano
Jinder Mahal Vs odyssey Jones*
Finn Balor Vs Sami Zayn
Kofi Kingston Vs Damian Priest
Drew McIntyre Vs Cody Rhodes

*I have no clue if this guy is any good, but he’s a new face and you have to start pushing new guys eventually

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Big doggy

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

El Gallinero Gros posted:

This isn't even the first time they've done this, they had the refs and announcers strike because of unsafe conditions, resulting in Punk doing PBP

Hell they did a ref strike back in the early aughts and used scab refs

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Jinder Mahal Vs odyssey Jones*

*I have no clue if this guy is any good, but he’s a new face and you have to start pushing new guys eventually

https://www.sescoops.com/news/odyssey-jones-transphobic-post

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Lol I just noticed Paul white in your avatar

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

I'm sure this is still way better booking than when Vince was there week to week, but I find this kinda insane. When it's said and done there'll still be two weeks for the show, and this is a pape airing the day before AEW DoN.

There's exactly enough time for each show to do one triple threat a week and in the week of the ppv, have the semi finals. That leads the Smackdown person to have more drama since they're going from the match straight to the ppv. Unless that's actually impossible and Smackdown will have people who won't be at Saudi Arabia the next day? But also literally anyone in Reigns' faction should be in the smackdown thing so C*dy can get any kind of story finishign???

Hirez
Feb 3, 2003

Weber scored 49 points?

:allears: :allears: :allears:
Put the loving belt on Savio Vega, god drat that was the loudest wtf pop ever. It was as close to Sami in Montreal level that anyone in WWE has gotten in years (Sami's way much much poppier though!)

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

MorningMoon posted:

I'm sure this is still way better booking than when Vince was there week to week, but I find this kinda insane. When it's said and done there'll still be two weeks for the show, and this is a pape airing the day before AEW DoN.

There's exactly enough time for each show to do one triple threat a week and in the week of the ppv, have the semi finals. That leads the Smackdown person to have more drama since they're going from the match straight to the ppv. Unless that's actually impossible and Smackdown will have people who won't be at Saudi Arabia the next day? But also literally anyone in Reigns' faction should be in the smackdown thing so C*dy can get any kind of story finishign???

They have to do all the matches right away so that the two winners have two weeks to do storytelling with each other because how else is anyone supposed to care about a match for the world title?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MorningMoon posted:

Unless that's actually impossible and Smackdown will have people who won't be at Saudi Arabia the next day?

Yeah the pre-Saudi Smackdowns always involve talent that's not travelling

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Dango Bango posted:

Instead of Unions how about they do an angle about...I dunno, Onions.
Like "Vince McMahon gets beaten with a sack full of onions until he stops"

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Hirez posted:

Put the loving belt on Savio Vega, god drat that was the loudest wtf pop ever. It was as close to Sami in Montreal level that anyone in WWE has gotten in years (Sami's way much much poppier though!)

When WWE used to refer to him as the Caribbean legend they weren't loving around, he was a pretty big star before he left for WWE, and after he left WWE, he went back to Puerto Rico to further cement his legacy there. Dude's had a pretty varied career.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Dolph should get fat and call himself Big Ziggy.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
"Give me the Ziggy," Fat Dolph declares, the crowd roaring their approval of his famous catchphrase

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

So which one of these Smackdown guys is getting murdered by Brock for his spot?

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete

MJeff posted:

So which one of these Smackdown guys is getting murdered by Brock for his spot?

We finally get that Brock v Bobby match?!?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
They could do Brock vs. Bobby, Brock vs. Sheamus or Brock vs. AJ, so I'm sure it'll be Edge vs. Theory or something.

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Aw son of a bitch. Then put Xavier or Ricochet or Von Wagner* in that spot.

*unless he’s problematic too

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Edge has said multiple times one of the biggest people left on his wish list is AJ it'd be cool if we got that maybe

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

projecthalaxy posted:

Edge has said multiple times one of the biggest people left on his wish list is AJ it'd be cool if we got that maybe

They did it like a year ago. Kinda sucked.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

MJeff posted:

oh well uh i retract lol

bartok
May 10, 2006

MJeff posted:

That describes nearly every AJ Styles dream match in WWE.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

bartok posted:

That describes nearly every AJ Styles dream match in WWE.

Dirty little secret about AJ in WWE is that he's been aggressively average to mediocre since the Brock match which was six years ago now.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

MJeff posted:

Dirty little secret about AJ in WWE is that he's been aggressively average to mediocre since the Brock match which was six years ago now.

*fingers Always Bad-style revisionism button thoughtfully*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

MJeff posted:

Which I think is fair enough really, he's been wrestling since 1999 and probably 15-18 years of that was at a high level doing a style that's not necessarily easy on the body. But yeah, he's definitely getting by on reputation at this point, you're right